ADVERTISEMENT

What’s going on to our east?

Happened in March, coach knew in June? Hearing about it now?

Not good. Gun charge is the big one, but all bad.
1 witness said he had a gun, 5 said they didnt see a gun.
We find out sooner or later.
Nothing good in this though.

Reactions: gocds

What I’m reading is the University new about in March after it occurred and they did an internal investigation that cleared the players.

What I’m reading is the University new about in March after it occurred and they did an internal investigation that cleared the players.
Going back and reading seeing the same.
Reading University cleared the players, offended parties by and large withdrawn complaints, waiting to see if it progresses. Incident happened in March, players suspended until University cleared them.
Just waiting to see what comes down the road.

Bill, the coach doesn’t finds out until June? How in the world would flapping lips keep something like this from him? AD, Pres?
Then, it’s kept quiet from the media until mid August.
HS, we need a Matty Bangs in our media. Oh yeah, that lives in Lex and on campus.

One more thing to add…many KY fans have the guts to refer to Louisville as thugs???

Bill, the coach doesn’t finds out until June? How in the world would flapping lips keep something like this from him? AD, Pres?
Then, it’s kept quiet from the media until mid August.
HS, we need a Matty Bangs in our media. Oh yeah, that lives in Lex and on campus.

One more thing to add…many KY fans have the guts to refer to Louisville as thugs???
PH checkout Bill’s above post. He acknowledged they knew about it in March. And so did Stoops

If you want your kid to turn into a gun totin scum bag, send him to lessington. There’s a lesson to be learned here

GO CARDS!!!

Get a hundred high energy high testosterone football players in one place and things happen. Some minor, some major.
Arguments against frats and jocks have been around forever....but the gun accusation throws this in a different universe....and should.
If it turns out true, a real talented young guys career is done, and I hate to see a kid from Bowling Green take a fall like that. (Tisdale). But we all make choices.
If the legal system agrees with the school disciplinary board, then on we go.
I never like to read about kids waving guns....Louisville, Lexington, anywhere.
We all find out in the next week or so.

Get a hundred high energy high testosterone football players in one place and things happen. Some minor, some major.
Arguments against frats and jocks have been around forever....but the gun accusation throws this in a different universe....and should.
If it turns out true, a real talented young guys career is done, and I hate to see a kid from Bowling Green take a fall like that. (Tisdale). But we all make choices.
If the legal system agrees with the school disciplinary board, then on we go.
I never like to read about kids waving guns....Louisville, Lexington, anywhere.
We all find out in the next week or so.
You probably didn’t mean the way you posted, but let’s remember Vito is “ not a kid from Bowling Green” he is a adult male that grew up in BG. Hopefully there was no gun involved. However if there were, then he should be suspended and possibly dismissed. I am sure coach Helton would welcome him on the hill.

Reactions: billoliver40
You probably didn’t mean the way you posted, but let’s remember Vito is “ not a kid from Bowling Green” he is a adult male that grew up in BG. Hopefully there was no gun involved. However if there were, then he should be suspended and possibly dismissed. I am sure coach Helton would welcome him on the hill.
^^^^^I meant no disrespect. After you hit 60, there's a lot of "kids" around.
You are correct though. Although young, Mr Tisdale IS an adult and will have to bear consequences if this is proven true.

Reactions: luv2hit63
Theres a lot of unknowns in this deal.
For sure: 3 UK football players went to a frat party, were told they weren't invited, left and picked up 3 MORE players and came back.
Out of 12 probable witnesses, one said a gun was involved. (Waived around)
The UK disciplinary board, which has a history of no leniency towards athletes,
And a MUCH lower standard of evidence , (see Tuman, Lloyd who was dismissed AFTER his accuser recanted) cleared all the players.

Why charges now? No idea.
Were arrests made that night in March?
Never heard that....and at least TWO of the players involved were thought to be major contributors this season.
More evidence found? Dunno.

Everybody finds out soon enough.

I just read Crawfords report myself. Pretty damning. Although he DID state this was one side of the statements, if only a small part is true it's bad enough to end scholarships, if more then there will be jail time.
It is logical to assume the persons witnessing the event believed police action was more appropriate than University discipline boards.
Given the severity of the event, I would agree.
All have pleaded not guilty to all charges.
Hearings next week....
We see what unfolds.

After reading Crawford’s article, I recant my previous comment about Helton accepting Vito. Hitting a female, punching others, being “strapped” sounds like Stoops and Barnhart need to do some damage control and dismiss some players. No way Mitch will let these guys represent the BBN.
And as PH stated, How was this thuggery kept out of the CJ and local news?

Someone somewhere pointed out Covid protocols have created a backlog of cases. Due to privacy laws, I will assume most media could not post this until it became public record through charges.
Just a guess.

It appears this did happen. Players beat up other students. Boys fighting Boys is one thing beating up girls takes it to another level. That can’t be tolerated.

Bringing a gun is another one that as an administrator you can’t tolerate.

Lexington Herald and the University put the Fraternity on notice with a front page story that they were put on probation for the party.

This will boil down to the victims, who are scared, will they testify. IMO the University and paper are making sure the kids don’t testify by making the probation story the headline. I don’t blame the kids for not wanting to have to deal with that fanbase.

Actually Eric Crawford has a “pair” and that fact makes his reporting tolerable. Others not so much. The local media is pretty much gutless because there will be no insulting of the uahkay non school of journalism. The truth is always a moving target for the curious urinal and the other local media.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: CardsFirst
Someone somewhere pointed out Covid protocols have created a backlog of cases. Due to privacy laws, I will assume most media could not post this until it became public record through charges.
Just a guess.
I was over checking out the topics on your home board Bill, I apologize for getting you in trouble with them challenging your fan hood.

All players pleaded not guilty.
Mark Stoops has suspended all players from football activity pending the legal process. Also pointed the players have not been heard.

The gun is the thing.
I will say that the story Crawford put out while incredibly bad has some questions that we dont have any answers for.
It WAS a mighty precise description of an individual given by someone that was understandably scared...at 3 am, after a pretty long party night.
AND... a girl being pinned to a wall being beaten by a football player would seem to have been hospitalization instead of police saying "go home"......but perhaps that's where the photos came from.

Dunno....other than this is really bad in a ton of ways for everyone from the students to the UK Disciplinary Board to the Head Coach.

I think there is a hearing next week. We find out more then.

If this story and statements are accurate, then jail time is likely.

What a waste of opportunity.

Reactions: SoulSr
Is this a bad time to gossip monger about Stoops’ divorce? Think John Snow.

The story has been out in the Lexington community for several months; as there were too many witnesses who saw and experienced the assaults to remain quiet. However, the timing of this event, coupled with the racial component, were sufficient to discourage the local media from wanting to report it.

The contrast between the manner in which local media cover UK and UL are striking. It took almost 5 months before the CJ and LH ran this story, and while the University continues its investigation, it is doubtful that any curious news reporters will be pushing editorials for the victims to receive justice. On the other hand, if this event took place at UL, we would be the subject of continuous editorials updating the lack of progress in penalizing the players, the coaches and the administrators.

Stoops only held the players out from Spring practice; all have since returned ”pending further investigation“. This UK story will not be covered anywhere close to how it would be reported if it was UL. There are already efforts by the University to penalize the fraternity; you cannot make this stuff up.

Reactions: rockycard and gocds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT