ADVERTISEMENT

Well that didn't take long

The problem with your chart is the recruiting class doesn't seem to be falling apart. As a matter of fact, UL has lost one good receiver is Fitzpatrick and looks to be losing another Linebacker to Carolina. Even with the ass whipping the last 5 years and the debacle in Lexington this year...UK is still ranked higher in recruiting then UL is. That's pretty amazing considering the last 5 years and where each of the teams ended up this year..even with UL in the ACC.
lots of talent walking out the door on the UL's defense. As many as 8 starters if Brown, Kelsey, Fields, and Harvey Clemons declare. I follow recruiting closely and don't see anywhere near that kind of talent in the second string or last couple recruiting classes for UL. Better start working the kicked off other team waiver wires

Unbelievable. It is the same $hit every single year.....and they never learn. It's like the season (or our game) never happened. National Off-season Champs

.UK is still ranked higher in recruiting then UL is.

Congrats......and who cares. You people don't really get that this isn't basketball. Good job nonetheless. Now if you had someone other than Coach Numbnuts coaching all of that awesome talent then I might be concerned. Til then.......

So, I'll post it again... If you can't coach, talent doesn't matter.

LPT Football: We can't hear you...

Reactions: cardsfan53
6 looks tough these days and Stoops has serious issues with game management and offensive coordinator that need to be fixed.

But it doesn't change the fact there is lots of talent walking out the door for the defense ţhat carried ul and not a ton of proven players behind them

We'll be fine, I trust our coaching staff.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
The problem with your chart is the recruiting class doesn't seem to be falling apart. As a matter of fact, UL has lost one good receiver is Fitzpatrick and looks to be losing another Linebacker to Carolina. Even with the ass whipping the last 5 years and the debacle in Lexington this year...UK is still ranked higher in recruiting then UL is. That's pretty amazing considering the last 5 years and where each of the teams ended up this year..even with UL in the ACC.
lots of talent walking out the door on the UL's defense. As many as 8 starters if Brown, Kelsey, Fields, and Harvey Clemons declare. I follow recruiting closely and don't see anywhere near that kind of talent in the second string or last couple recruiting classes for UL.

Wow...just wow...I will say this and everyone knows I am not a fan or Petrino or Grantham.

1. Louisville is on pace to have it best Back to Back Recruiting Classes in school history.

2. Dez Fitzpatrick is scheduled to Officially Visit Louisville on 30 January 2016....we get the Last Visit before signing day.

3. It also appears that Louisville is in great shape to replace Brunson...it appears to be a case he might be over recruited.

4. More than likely Fields and JHC is gone...and in JHC case not many Louisville fans will be that upset...many like Dee Smith better anyway....also, the Wildcats lose 6 Starters off that 63rd Ranked Defense for sure...Louisville is more likely to lose 5 Starters off the Nations 13th Ranked Defense.

5. You overlooked the fact that basically 11 Starters return on Offense.

And again...said it earlier in this thread...not about recruiting rankings but about evaluating players...fitting them in your system and developing talent during the off season and in season and actually WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES...this is something Petrino and Grantham have done....something that Stoops and the Kentucky staff HAVENT DONE...Gotta coach them up instead of being a Recruiting Service Recruiter...

Last edited:
Reactions: cuzimacardfan
lots of talent walking out the door on the UL's defense. As many as 8 starters if Brown, Kelsey, Fields, and Harvey Clemons declare. I follow recruiting closely and don't see anywhere near that kind of talent in the second string or last couple recruiting classes for UL.

Pike you can thump your chest all you want but UofL has a proven coach and staff and uselessakay has Stoops and whomever. We'll do our thumping on the field and your post proves that you are seeing the whole situation thru blue tinted glasses. Our trend is upward and yours is, well pretty bad. We have a freshman All-American quarterback and a second stringer that would start immediately for your team (and he's from Lessington) not to mention a full roster of redshirted kids that will be truly getting faster and stronger.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

It is hard to believe this Pike has returned to yet again share his thoughts on anything regarding football.

Clearly last summer all his bravado and deep thoughts that were brought to the board were not humbled nearly enough. It is as if this guy actually disregards his own statements annually.

It is a broken record for the smack talking portion of the UK football fan base when analyzing Louisville. "How they going to replace _____"

It will take much more than a no sight of ending losing streak to Louisville and no sight of ending losing seasons to get Pike to head for cover.

We think it is really neat that you follow recruiting closely Pike! We follow the scores of the games closely over here, and UK sucks at football on game day.

The acronym GTFO was never more applicable.

It is not bad enough that in some warped world this guy has convinced himself of certain delusional perspectives. He doubles down by coming over here to share them.

Ok, the other 90% of that flow chart is spot on then you sure showed him Pike!!!

You are a gem Pike, the gift that keeps giving.

Give him credit...he is here even after Louisville didn't have Hearns or our best pass rusher Young for the entire game...Kelsey and Staples out of that game for the majority due to injuries and a True Freshman QB go on a 38 to 3 Scoring run on Kentucky Home Field on Senior Day with their Post Season on the line....yeah...some "downward" trend by Louisville...

If you read the thread on their board about next year, you'll see that Pike isn't the only one that thinks this way. Should we laugh at them or feel sorry for them?

Reactions: cuzimacardfan
If you read the thread on their board about next year, you'll see that Pike isn't the only one that thinks this way. Should we laugh at them or feel sorry for them?

The ironic thing...Kentucky was up by 21 points...in reality Louisville could have easily won by 21-(if they would have called the Targetting/TD) correct on James Quick...

6 looks tough these days and Stoops has serious issues with game management and offensive coordinator that need to be fixed.

But it doesn't change the fact there is lots of talent walking out the door for the defense ţhat carried ul and not a ton of proven players behind them

So what you're saying is, UK doesn't get better, they have to wait around for other teams to get worse. Your best hope is based on players that may leave Louisville's program, not on anything your team does.

I love that post from the other thread IPartied posted, where you talk about the fallacy UofL fans have that Stoops can't develop players or run a team. That's some great analysis right there.

CardJim, I don't have to write in the obvious UK 6th Loss. Their D scores no points on TOs next year but they "might" improve on their O efficiency. So I'll "give" them an extra field goal, a grand total of 13 points for their O.

2016: 35/42 to 13.

Probably a couple of other losses in their future, maybe even a third, Memphis(did they lose their coach).

Reactions: ULMBA
It's amazing that UK fans have anything to say right now. It's just stupid arrogance running their mouth about the gap closing at this stage. Show us a quality win or shut up.

Your coach brought in a bunch of 4-stars that you chirped about for 2 years, and we saw their total lack of development on the field. Stoops is exposed.

Your coach is a caretaker, a lame duck. Your program is a garbage dump.

There you go. Go to about 1:15 and you will hear my man Kash say it..I was just repeating what he stated so clearly. I know Bobby and all the ul fans tinkle in their pants when they hear the baddest man in the Commonwealth make declarations like this, but you are all just going to have to learn your place in Kash's world. He don't stutter, just prepare for the punishment he is about hand out.

Well...with Grantham at the MCB Presser pretty much saying that Fields, Kelsey and Brown are coming back the hope of Louisville losing 8 starters off the Nation 13th Rated Defense is gone...looks more like 7 Starters will be returning off the 13th Rated Defense Nationally and 18 Starters overall...

There you go. Go to about 1:15 and you will hear my man Kash say it..I was just repeating what he stated so clearly. I know Bobby and all the ul fans tinkle in their pants when they hear the baddest man in the Commonwealth make declarations like this, but you are all just going to have to learn your place in Kash's world. He don't stutter, just prepare for the punishment he is about hand out.
Isn't that what woofer boy Drew Barker said at his press conference too? They look like they are both wearing the same goofy looking cap too.

Going to be fun watching this newest Mildcat fail as well. Barker did throw for 8 yards in the 2nd half against the Cards this year. So there's that. Cmon Homer.

If you're counting on this kid from the hollers to lead you back to 6-6, you're sadly mistaken. Another High school legend heading to Lexington to be slaughtered. Enjoy that catchy name though. Fits right in with Boom, Billy Jack and all his predecessor's who arrived in Lexington to never be heard from again after their playing days.

Is this a real post or a parody account?

I am really asking

In the Summer of 1986 I had the pleasure of attending a youth football conference at The University of Louisville. During a talk on building football interest in the program he was building at UofL, Coach Schellenberger explained how difficult it was changing the basketball mentality of Louisville fans. Howard said "Denny can go out and sign one player like Ellison and win a national championship." "If I sign the best quarterback in the country, I still have to recruit 10 more players of that caliber before that quarterback has an impact on my program"

I share this story because I believe UK fans still look at football recruiting like basketball fans. Kash may indeed be a great player ( I hope he is) but alone he won't be anymore successful then players presently at UK.
CJ

Reactions: Mayoman
It's amazing that UK fans have anything to say right now. It's just stupid arrogance running their mouth about the gap closing at this stage. Show us a quality win or shut up.

Your coach brought in a bunch of 4-stars that you chirped about for 2 years, and we saw their total lack of development on the field. Stoops is exposed.

Your coach is a caretaker, a lame duck. Your program is a garbage dump.

4 star recruits....1 star coach.....

In the Summer of 1986 I had the pleasure of attending a youth football conference at The University of Louisville. During a talk on building football interest in the program he was building at UofL, Coach Schellenberger explained how difficult it was changing the basketball mentality of Louisville fans. Howard said "Denny can go out and sign one player like Ellison and win a national championship." "If I sign the best quarterback in the country, I still have to recruit 10 more players of that caliber before that quarterback has an impact on my program"

I share this story because I believe UK fans still look at football recruiting like basketball fans. Kash may indeed be a great player ( I hope he is) but alone he won't be anymore successful then players presently at UK.
CJ

That's exactly why there was no way they were ever getting Damien Harris. Anyone with legitimate NFL aspirations has no business going to UK.

If you're counting on this kid from the hollers to lead you back to 6-6, you're sadly mistaken. Another High school legend heading to Lexington to be slaughtered. Enjoy that catchy name though. Fits right in with Boom, Billy Jack and all his predecessor's who arrived in Lexington to never be heard from again after their playing days.

LOL!! You where not listening...Kash didn't say nothing bout 6-6, he said SEC champs and playoffs, baby. You can have your crappy bowls that nobody cares about, we gonna be going to Kash-lanta and then playing for ANOTHER title.

That's exactly why there was no way they were ever getting Damien Harris. Anyone with legitimate NFL aspirations has no business going to UK.

Everyone knows how why Harri$ turned traitor to BBN

Isn't that what woofer boy Drew Barker said at his press conference too? They look like they are both wearing the same goofy looking cap too...
Hard to miss it with 712-point font size. Must be the most nearsighted fanbase in the country.

LPT Football: Or proud to the point of stupid...

Does anyone else think that the bravado has started a lot earlier this year? It's like those idiots have amnesia at their "special" 2015 season never happened. They still can't get it through their little heads that all the amazing talent they're bringing in (it isn't as good as they think) matters not when your coaching staff is middle school quality. A damned echo chamber over there. In particular, I am completely fascinated with jauk. Would love to meet that guy

When the games were actually happening, I think a lot of them saw the writing on the wall with Stoops and where their program is. But now that a few weeks have passed since they've watched a game, the pain dulls and they go into denial.

I also think their situation is so desperate that they have to develop defense mechanisms. We all saw what we saw the last month of their season. To us it's just another horrible team going nowhere and we laugh at their arrogance, but to them it's the horrible nightmare they have to live over and over every season. Some of them develop a good sense of humor about it, others just go off the deep end. The majority probably go into denial and try to forget about it for 6 months.

Reactions: CardFan1130

Yes, you follow recruiting closely, but you apparently don't follow our roster closely. Fields will be returning. Trevon Young and James Hearns were suspended against you and didn't even play - they will both be returning.

So that "nothing" behind Rankins and Brown that we don't have includes both Johnny Richardson and Kyle Shortridge (Strong/Hurtt recruits), Drew Bailey, plus freshman GG Robinson who chose us over Auburn, Hearns, Fields and Nick Dawson-Brents (HS Army AA).

I'm thinking our defense looked pretty darned good in the second half against UK, when Kelsey didn't play a single snap. That would be at least in part because of the outstanding job his backup (Stacy Thomas) did. Fellow linebacker Isaac Stewart and redshirt Amonte Caban are going to compete to replace Burgess. You are going to be disappointed to learn yet again that our backups are every bit as good as the players they are replacing.

Yes, you follow recruiting closely, but you apparently don't follow our roster closely. Fields will be returning. Trevon Young and James Hearns were suspended against you and didn't even play - they will both be returning.

So that "nothing" behind Rankins and Brown that we don't have includes both Johnny Richardson and Kyle Shortridge (Strong/Hurtt recruits), Drew Bailey, plus freshman GG Robinson who chose us over Auburn, Hearns, Fields and Nick Dawson-Brents (HS Army AA).

I'm thinking our defense looked pretty darned good in the second half against UK, when Kelsey didn't play a single snap. That would be at least in part because of the outstanding job his backup (Stacy Thomas) did. Fellow linebacker Isaac Stewart and redshirt Amonte Caban are going to compete to replace Burgess. You are going to be disappointed to learn yet again that our backups are every bit as good as the players they are replacing.

Great post!

GO CARDS BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

We heard the same when we would not be very effective against Kentucky after losing Holliman, Gaines, Floyd, Sample, Mount, Mauldin and DuBose...and how would we replace Parker, De La Cruz and Rogers on Offense...wash...rince...repeat...

Reactions: Mayoman
We heard the same when we would not be very effective against Kentucky after losing Holliman, Gaines, Floyd, Sample, Mount, Mauldin and DuBose...and how would we replace Parker, De La Cruz and Rogers on Offense...wash...rince...repeat...

There is very little doubt that there will be some drop-off when you lose truly elite players and replacing them with players who have little or no experience. Replacing Bridgewater with r-So Will Gardner comes to mind as a recent example.

When I look at our defense in 2016, that's just not going to happen anywhere. Yes, we will go out and add a JC player for depth, as we will be doing with a DT who will be in for Spring football. There really shouldn't be much drop-off in 2016 (if any).

Even assuming worst case that you have Harvey-Clemons, Brown, and Kelsey go early, you still have a deep and veteran lineup at every position, and you're adding new players in backup roles, as follows:

DE
14 Drew Bailey 6-3 284 So. Jacksonville, Fla. (Pearl River CC)
94 G.G. Robinson 6-4 290 FR Lilburn, Ga. (Parkview)
Chris Williams-JR-JC (in for spring)

NT 97)
95 Kyle Shortridge 6-2 305 So. Loxahatchee, Fla. (Seminole Ridge)
90 Johnny Richardson 6-3 322 SO Jacksonville, Fla. (First Coast)

DE
99 James Hearns 6-3 257 So. Tallahassee, Fla. (Lincoln)
52 Nick Dawson 6-3 265 Jr. Charlotte, N.C. (Phillip O’Berry)

OLB
91 Trevon Young 6-4 237 Jr. Des Moines, Iowa (Iowa Western)
1 Keith Brown 6-1 231 Jr. Miami, Fla. (Norland)

ILB
42 Isaac Stewart 6-2 238 R-Fr. Charlotte, N.C. (Butler)
57 Finesse Middleton 5-11 242 LB RS SO Gadsden, Ala. (Gadsden City)
58 Jonathan Greenard 6-4 226 LB FR Hiram, Ga. (Hiram)

ILB
32 Stacy Thomas 6-1 225 So. Miami, Fla. (Gulliver Prep)
53 Amonte Caban 6-1 226 FR Smiths, Ala. (Smiths Station)

OLB
92 Devonte’ Fields 6-4 245 Jr. Fort Worth, Texas (TCU)
96 Henry Famurewa 6-2 245 SO Powder Springs, Ga. (McEachern)

CB 15 Trumaine Washington 5-10 181 So. Miami, Fla. (Killian)
10 Jaire Alexander 5-11 184 Fr. Charlotte, N.C. (Rocky River)

SAF
24 Zykiesis Cannon 6-0 195 So. Mauldin, S.C. (Carolina Academy)
Ronald Walker-JR JC (in for spring)

SAF
22 Chucky Williams 6-2 204 So. Hialeah, Fla. (Champagnat Catholic)
11 Dee Smith 6-1 200 S FR Florence, Ala. (Florence)

CB 6 Shaq Wiggins 5-10 171 So. Tyrone, Ga. (Georgia)
26 Duke Culver 6-0 186 So. Tallahassee, Fla. (Godby)

Reactions: The Public Enemy
There is very little doubt that there will be some drop-off when you lose truly elite players and replacing them with players who have little or no experience. Replacing Bridgewater with r-So Will Gardner comes to mind as a recent example.

When I look at our defense in 2016, that's just not going to happen anywhere. Yes, we will go out and add a JC player for depth, as we will be doing with a DT who will be in for Spring football. There really shouldn't be much drop-off in 2016 (if any).

Even assuming worst case that you have Harvey-Clemons, Brown, and Kelsey go early, you still have a deep and veteran lineup at every position, and you're adding new players in backup roles, as follows:

DE
14 Drew Bailey 6-3 284 So. Jacksonville, Fla. (Pearl River CC)
94 G.G. Robinson 6-4 290 FR Lilburn, Ga. (Parkview)
Chris Williams-JR-JC (in for spring)

NT 97)
95 Kyle Shortridge 6-2 305 So. Loxahatchee, Fla. (Seminole Ridge)
90 Johnny Richardson 6-3 322 SO Jacksonville, Fla. (First Coast)

DE
99 James Hearns 6-3 257 So. Tallahassee, Fla. (Lincoln)
52 Nick Dawson 6-3 265 Jr. Charlotte, N.C. (Phillip O’Berry)

OLB
91 Trevon Young 6-4 237 Jr. Des Moines, Iowa (Iowa Western)
1 Keith Brown 6-1 231 Jr. Miami, Fla. (Norland)

ILB
42 Isaac Stewart 6-2 238 R-Fr. Charlotte, N.C. (Butler)
57 Finesse Middleton 5-11 242 LB RS SO Gadsden, Ala. (Gadsden City)
58 Jonathan Greenard 6-4 226 LB FR Hiram, Ga. (Hiram)

ILB
32 Stacy Thomas 6-1 225 So. Miami, Fla. (Gulliver Prep)
53 Amonte Caban 6-1 226 FR Smiths, Ala. (Smiths Station)

OLB
92 Devonte’ Fields 6-4 245 Jr. Fort Worth, Texas (TCU)
96 Henry Famurewa 6-2 245 SO Powder Springs, Ga. (McEachern)

CB 15 Trumaine Washington 5-10 181 So. Miami, Fla. (Killian)
10 Jaire Alexander 5-11 184 Fr. Charlotte, N.C. (Rocky River)

SAF
24 Zykiesis Cannon 6-0 195 So. Mauldin, S.C. (Carolina Academy)
Ronald Walker-JR JC (in for spring)

SAF
22 Chucky Williams 6-2 204 So. Hialeah, Fla. (Champagnat Catholic)
11 Dee Smith 6-1 200 S FR Florence, Ala. (Florence)

CB 6 Shaq Wiggins 5-10 171 So. Tyrone, Ga. (Georgia)
26 Duke Culver 6-0 186 So. Tallahassee, Fla. (Godby)

Well put and the beauty is the "Worst Case" is currently trending to not happening...would not be surprised if nobody leaves early or maybe just JHC & Kelsey...the Defense should be just as effective but what gets me excited is the entire offense is basically coming back and from the presser with McGee LJ is getting more comfortable running the Petrino Offense...if they can combine LJ Physical Gifts with the Traditional Petrino Playbook that can be a beautiful thing in 2016.

I try not to predict, or make assumptions.

But, if... if if if... if the offense is improved, that in itself will directly help the defense.

If we can reduce the self destructive play on the offensive side of the ball, it gets easier for the defense.

Of course, this type of thought is not considered by the invading rivals to our board. Why would they bother thinking things through?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT