ADVERTISEMENT

We just got another player.

I tried to find out who it is but I can’t find it, I really hope it is Aneesha Morrow the transfer from DePaul. She is considered on of the top players in the country and a game changer. She is being recruited by all the top schools including South Carolina and LSU.

I tried to find out who it is but I can’t find it, I really hope it is Aneesha Morrow the transfer from DePaul. She is considered on of the top players in the country and a game changer. She is being recruited by all the top schools including South Carolina and LSU.
We are not involved with Morrow but we are with her teammate Darrione Rogers who is supposed to visit in a few days. It’s my understanding that we are also involved with Sydney Taylor from UMass and Nina Rickards from Florida. Both are guards that visited this week. All three are bigger guards and averaged double figures for their respective teams.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Why does it take so long to find out who the new recruits are. We were able to find out about Kiki 2 days before they posted it.

Why does it take so long to find out who the new recruits are. We were able to find out about Kiki 2 days before they posted it.
You’re on the wrong message board. Since Sonja left, there’s nobody that really follows and reports on the women’s game here. I get most of my information from Twitter and TOS. Their Walz’s World and Premium site do a great job as far as covering Women’s athletics.

Last edited:
Reactions: mwdcard
WBB news: Florida guard Nina Rickards is transferring to Louisville.

Rickards averaged 12.1 PPG last season to go along with 4.9 RPG. The 5-foot-9 guard scored over 1,000 points in her four seasons in Gainesville

This site is just as effective as any other site, and most will agree that Twitter is filled with a lot of irresponsible and inaccurate reports about just about everyone, but much results in misinformation that originated from "anonymous sources close to the program". These tweets often evolve over recruits and transfers; as for me, I prefer the formal announcements from the schools as I see no advantage hearing speculation.

Now a post identifies 4 names; Morrow, Rogers, Taylor and Rickards ......... yet, there is no announcement, and that for me serves as an example of what others sites are doing ........ just speculating as to who we may be pursuing (or who we may not be involved with).

I have been on this site for over a decade, and I recall most of Sonja posts. She was a very excellent source here before she left, but I cannot recall any instances where she revealed the name of potential recruits beyond what was essentially common knowledge.

This site is just as effective as any other site, and most will agree that Twitter is filled with a lot of irresponsible and inaccurate reports about just about everyone, but much results in misinformation that originated from "anonymous sources close to the program". These tweets often evolve over recruits and transfers; as for me, I prefer the formal announcements from the schools as I see no advantage hearing speculation.

Now a post identifies 4 names; Morrow, Rogers, Taylor and Rickards ......... yet, there is no announcement, and that for me serves as an example of what others sites are doing ........ just speculating as to who we may be pursuing (or who we may not be involved with).

I have been on this site for over a decade, and I recall most of Sonja posts. She was a very excellent source here before she left, but I cannot recall any instances where she revealed the name of potential recruits beyond what was essentially common knowledge.
I have to respectfully disagree when it comes to covering women’s athletics and Ty even told me this as we sat together watching spring football practice. It’s not his or Dave’s focus. I will continue to comment as I hear things from reliable sources. By the way, I go all the way back to Rob Steiner and the original Louisville Sports Report.

I read what Aneesha Morrow wrote on Twitter. She told anybody recruiting her needs to contact her or her family and nobody else. It sounds like she is looking for a big NIL package and I don’t blame her. So CJW needs to get Adidas to pony up and send her our way. After all we won’t be using Adidas money for HVL anymore. I think whoever gets Morrow will
be a title contender.

Reactions: Deeva
Wish we would have got Celeste Taylor from Duke. She was ACC defensive player of the year. Thought she was going to remain at Duke but transferred to Ohio State.

Go after Lexi Donarski she is another top defender who can score. In regards to Celeste Taylor she started at Texas and then transferred to Duke and is now transferring to Ohio State. I thought the transfer rule was you could transfer multiple times but if you transferred more than once you had to sit out a year each additional transfer. If we can get a top big to go with what we already have we will be a lot better than what we had this past year. The coaches are doing a great job filling the holes in our lineup.

Go after Lexi Donarski she is another top defender who can score. In regards to Celeste Taylor she started at Texas and then transferred to Duke and is now transferring to Ohio State. I thought the transfer rule was you could transfer multiple times but if you transferred more than once you had to sit out a year each additional transfer. If we can get a top big to go with what we already have we will be a lot better than what we had this past year. The coaches are doing a great job filling the holes in our lineup.
Obviously I don't know all the ins and outs regarding transfers, but Taylor is going to Ohio St as a grad transfer with one year left of eligibility.

I am sure they don’t do this to athletes but if a regular student transfers not all of their academic hours are excepted. Then they have to repeat those courses at their new school.

Point about NIL and HVL. She had, to my knowledge, A LOT, of endorsements prior to coming to UofL. While she may have picked up more…she did not have to reply on UofL for NIL.

If she had endorsement’s it had to be after high school because the state of Washington did not legalize high school students to receive NIL money until 2022. In 2022 she was at Louisville playing basketball.

Point about NIL and HVL. She had, to my knowledge, A LOT, of endorsements prior to coming to UofL. While she may have picked up more…she did not have to reply on UofL for NIL.

What we do know is that she had wayyyy more than anyone else on the team.
She was making money, hand over fist... which, was probably a nother spot of contention and bad chemistry.
If she goes to another School... she won't be that Square Peg in a round whole...

MWatson: I started out with the Sports Report when I first met Ron Steiner as well. Great guy who died too young.

Ron arrived with Howard from Miami, and he somehow mistakenly thought that I had my own plane, so he invited me to one of Howard’s very first practices at the the old Cardinal Stadium.

Despite learning that I was not a pilot and did not have a plane, he still extended the invitation to the private meeting where Howard wanted transportation to visit recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT