ADVERTISEMENT

Va Tech now linked to "Wakeyleaks." Here is their AD's response.

You beat the conference champ drum all football season. And true a$$hat that you are, now refuse to own it for obvious reason. If you had any credibility--with me you had none--you've just shot that to hell by not owning who/what you are.

And you will be reminded of that henceforth in any thread I cross paths with you. Enjoy yourself...

Deflection, deflection, deflection. With all your babbling, you keep side-stepping the points I raised, which is because they contradict your assertion. I'll keep posting them until you admit it.

The committee has plainly said they give precedence to conference champs. A 12-1 P5 champ is getting in over an 11-1 non-champ.
See, I didn't just make a blanket statement, like you claim. I made a comparison of a 12-1 P5 champ, vs an 11-1 non champ.

The committee has specifically said that when it comes down to a close decision, they favor the conference champions.
Now here, I clearly said that the committee would favor a conference champ when it comes to a close decision. I didn't say the conference champ would always trump a non champ. I said they would in a close decision. That's what I said. You simply can't deny it.

For a non-champ to jump a P5 champ, there is going to have to be a huge disparity.
Here again, I didn't say a non champ could never jump a conference champ. I said there would have to be a huge disparity. Well, that means it's possible for a non champ to get the nod, which directly contradicts your claim.

2) Other conference champs lose multiple games. For example, if the Pac 12 & Big 12 champs went 11-2, Louisville could jump over them at 11-1.
This one is the icing on the cake. This is a quote where I clearly said that a non-champ could get in over a conference champ. You are claiming I said this could never happen, and yet here you have a quote where I specifically said it could happen. Not only that, the scenario I laid out here is what actually happened with Ohio St. The Big Ten and Big 12 champs went 11-2 & 10-2 respectively, and Ohio St went 11-1.

Now, you want to talk about now owning up to something, you are the one doing that. You won't own up to the fact that these quotes refute your accusation. You haven't addressed a single one of them since I posted them. That's because you can't. The fact is, you just overgeneralized my argument back then, and because you are so argumentative and stubborn, you won't admit the fact that you just jumped to conclusions.

You want to keep bringing this up, I'm more than happy to oblige. I'm more than happy to keep pointing out your inaccuracies and keep throwing them back in your face.

What you said were words like "highly unlikely". Everyone but you knows what that means. Sure you were allowing for wiggle room, but you were saying it wasn't happening. And now you're "wiggling", tap dancing, and quoting yourself out of context from the hundreds of quotes you made.

You had no explanation for a team like tOSU beating out Penn State and overcoming TWO TIE-BREAKERS, because you couldn't get past the relative insignificance of those tie-breakers. You thought the tie-breakers carried a lot of importance, and they quite plainly did not.

The CFP Committee is ranking teams in the order they think they belong irrespective of tie-breakers. This year, that ranking was based mostly on the number of losses the P5 teams sustained, and NOWHERE was that in the CFP protocol which you took too literally based on very limited data.

You were too structured in your thinking, and that was wrong. You just can't admit it, which is why your credibility is zero...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT