ADVERTISEMENT

Va Tech now linked to "Wakeyleaks." Here is their AD's response.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Czvh02AVEAAuWIY.jpg

This is the statement I would have like to have seen from TJ. This is far bigger than UL but the national media will continue to bash only UL.

Yep. That's the way it works. VT is guilty 2, but all the players have moved on. Can't make it look like they gunned for just us. Where's the shame on WF for allowing this to go on for so long? Their fans should demand refunds.

Reactions: American Male
Blah blah blah Whit Babcock...
Tom Jurich could have easily done what the Virginia Tech AD did by saying that "We have no indication at this time that any of the information was shared with any other staff members" (yeah right) and it's likely no one could have proved different but he decided to tell the truth.

Sounds like we have the more upstanding of the 2 ADs. Va Tech's man is doing the oldest trick in the book by acting offended but basically not admitting to much of anything substantive. Tom said "this is what happened and Tech's AD said "prove it". Similar to a guy stealing a candy bar and running over someone in the parking lot and only admitting to the theft of the candy.

The devil is in the details.

I think VT's AD completely outclassed Jurich on this one.

Jurich is one of the best AD's in the business, but he flat whiffed on that statement yesterday.

Reactions: American Male

Jurich is one of the best AD's in the business, but he flat whiffed on that statement yesterday.
This I agree with. He underestimated the media

Babcock sure attempted to sound classy while spouting a bunch of drivel and admitting as little as possible. Just only what the phone records reveal. Tom named names and exactly how it came about. He probably did more than he had to.

I'll be holding my breath for Babcock to be "forthcoming and transparent if new information becomes available", translated as "that's all they know so that's all they get plus some sappy sentiments.

Tom named names and exactly how it came about. He probably did more than he had to.

The reason Jurich had to do more is because of what Petrino said back in November. If not for Petrino's comments, Jurich could have said the same thing as the Virginia Tech AD. It would have worked out better if Petrino either didn't comment, or just said somebody called his assistant, and left it at that.

The reason Jurich had to do more is because of what Petrino said back in November. If not for Petrino's comments, Jurich could have said the same thing as the Virginia Tech AD. It would have worked out better if Petrino either didn't comment, or just said somebody called his assistant, and left it at that.
That's possible but still a pretty big assumption on your part that Bobby knew something then and that Tom is shielding him.

It's possible but does anyone in their right mind think that Bobby Petrino with all he has been through, finally back where he's happy, Coaching the future Heisman winner, program future couldn't be brighter is going to jeopardize all that for an opportunity to get a couple of plays from a total dullard Wake Forest coach of the most moribund offense since Rutgers in 1903?

I guess everyone needs to clam up and act sincere like the AD of Virginia Tech

Blah blah blah Whit Babcock...
Tom Jurich could have easily done what the Virginia Tech AD did by saying that "We have no indication at this time that any of the information was shared with any other staff members" (yeah right) and it's likely no one could have proved different but he decided to tell the truth...
Exactly correct, and Jurich doesn't play games. He doesn't have to like these lighter weight ADs.

It's not Jurich's attitude that people have a problem with; they can't handle his honesty...

That's possible but still a pretty big assumption on your part that Bobby knew something then and that Tom is shielding him.

It's possible but does anyone in their right mind think that Bobby Petrino with all he has been through, finally back where he's happy, Coaching the future Heisman winner, program future couldn't be brighter is going to jeopardize all that for an opportunity to get a couple of plays from a total dullard Wake Forest coach of the most moribund offense since Rutgers in 1903?

Well, something doesn't add up with Petrino's response in November when Wake Forest first reported finding their plays at PJCS. He said at the time, "I have no knowledge of the situation". He surely asked his staff what they knew before he made that statement. Therefore, to assume he told the truth then, you have to assume his staff lied to him, because we now know they took the WF info from Elrod.

I hope it won't come out that money was exchanged for what Elrod was peddling. It seems like an obvious question to ask what he expected in return.

Last edited:
I hope it won't come out that money was exchanged for what Elrod was peddling. It seems like an obvious question to ask what he expected in return.

Oh hell, me too. Elrod was peddling pure gold with Wake Forest Demon Deacons' offensive game plans.

The difference between holding a sh!t team to 12 points and 14 is significant.

I'm not assuming anything. Back in November, Petrino said Louisville didn't have Wake Forest's plays. Jurich confirmed that they in fact did. What I'm saying is, if Petrino actually didn't know they had the plays, he should have just said given the standard PC non-answer response. If he did know, he should have either said they had some plays, or either no comment.

Other people said ish back in Novemeber IIRC. Yet they try to post here with impunity anyway.

Same standard...

Yeah, except for everything that I said in November is correct. If you want to argue with me, then argue about what I actually said, not what you made up.

...Yeah, except for everything that I said in November is correct. If you want to argue with me, then argue about what I actually said, not what you made up.
Conference champ trumps all.

Wanna start with that one, a$$hat?...

Conference champ trumps all.

Wanna start with that one, a$$hat?...

Well, that's your problem. I didn't say "conference champ trumps all."

Those threads on that topic are still here on the board. Go back and post the quote where I said "conference champ trumps all." I'll give you a hint. You won't find it because I never said it.

I'm not assuming anything. Back in November, Petrino said Louisville didn't have Wake Forest's plays. Jurich confirmed that they in fact did. What I'm saying is, if Petrino actually didn't know they had the plays, he should have just said given the standard PC non-answer response. If he did know, he should have either said they had some plays, or either no comment.

Yeah, except for everything that I said in November is correct. If you want to argue with me, then argue about what I actually said, not what you made up.
Standard PC response is your life motto apparently mr gutless. What a sad existence.

Nothing good about lying and doing so on purpose. No evidence of that here.

Step aside for a man that expressed confidence in the people who work with him, even if he was he wrong.

Look at it that way, little tigger.

Well, that's your problem. I didn't say "conference champ trumps all."

Those threads on that topic are still here on the board. Go back and post the quote where I said "conference champ trumps all." I'll give you a hint. You won't find it because I never said it.
You really want me to go thru all of your inaccuracies, like...

"You can't make a legitimate case that a team who is 3rd in their own conference is one of the 4 best in the nation..." -- from ACC #2 in the RPI (10/19/2016)​

I don't recall that tOSU even played in the Big 10 CCG. You want me to quote others??

"Here's what would realistically happen. If the ACC champ had 2 losses, and Louisville has 1, then the ACC just won't get a team into the playoffs. It will be the champs of the other 4 conferences..." -- from Louisville's Playoff Chances (10/9/2016)

"...the committee gives precedence to conference champs. This is already established. Even with two losses, it's going to be hard to get an 'at large' team in over a conference champ..." -- from Louisville's Playoff Chances (10/9/2016)

[My remark: Not only did Penn State have two losses and not get in, it had a WIN over tOSU which got in...]​

"...I hate to tell you, but the committee puts way more precedence on conference championships than you realize." -- from Louisville's Playoff Chances (10/9/2016)

And these are just from one page of a multi-page thread. Google "topdecktiger" and "champ" for all the evidence needed.

"I hate to tell you, but" this is a LOT easier than an a$$hat thinks...​

Standard PC response is your life motto apparently mr gutless. What a sad existence.

Nothing good about lying and doing so on purpose. No evidence of that here.

Step aside for a man that expressed confidence in the people who work with him, even if he was he wrong.

Look at it that way, little tigger.

Gutless would be insulting someone from behind the safety of the computer.

Nobody said there is evidence of lying. What there is evidence of is inaccuracy. Petrino said they didn't have any of Wake Forest's plays, but Jurich confirmed they actually did.

The point is not about anybody lying. The point is, this whole thing was a self-inflicted wound that could have been easily avoided with better PR management.

You really want me to go thru all of your inaccuracies, like...

"You can't make a legitimate case that a team who is 3rd in their own conference is one of the 4 best in the nation..." -- from ACC #2 in the RPI (10/19/2016)​

I don't recall that tOSU even played in the Big 10 CCG. You want me to quote others??

"Here's what would realistically happen. If the ACC champ had 2 losses, and Louisville has 1, then the ACC just won't get a team into the playoffs. It will be the champs of the other 4 conferences..." -- from Louisville's Playoff Chances (10/9/2016)

"...the committee gives precedence to conference champs. This is already established. Even with two losses, it's going to be hard to get an 'at large' team in over a conference champ..." -- from Louisville's Playoff Chances (10/9/2016)

[My remark: Not only did Penn State have two losses and not get in, it had a WIN over tOSU which got in...]​

"...I hate to tell you, but the committee puts way more precedence on conference championships than you realize." -- from Louisville's Playoff Chances (10/9/2016)

And these are just from one page of a multi-page thread. Google "topdecktiger" and "champ" for all the evidence needed.

"I hate to tell you, but" this is a LOT easier than an a$$hat thinks...​

Yeah, and see the problem is, what I said is 100% true. If the ACC champ had 2 losses, and Louisville just had one loss, Louisville still wouldn't have jumped the conference champs into the playoffs.

The committee does put more value on conference champs than you realize, and Hocutt said so during the interviews. It took Ohio beating 3 Top 10 teams to get in, plus two conference champs having two losses.

You also left out a few things in your search:

2) Other conference champs lose multiple games. For example, if the Pac 12 & Big 12 champs went 11-2, Louisville could jump over them at 11-1.

You're claiming I said "conference champ is all that matters," yet you overlooked a quote where I said Louisville (non-conference champ) could jump other conference champs. (This is exactly what happened with Ohio St, by the way.) I'll wait to see how you square that with the notion that I said "conference champ is all that matters."

By the way, since we are pointing out inaccuracies, let's take one of yours.

Underscoring the strength of football in the conference now. Can the ACC get two teams in the playoff? Could the SEC? Same answer.

Well, the Big Ten finished #2 in the RPI (as the ACC was when you made this post), and they didn't get two teams into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Gutless would be insulting someone from behind the safety of the computer.

Nobody said there is evidence of lying. What there is evidence of is inaccuracy. Petrino said they didn't have any of Wake Forest's plays, but Jurich confirmed they actually did.
Gotta love a rival fan worrying about another program taking a PR hit. Watching this unfold is like listening in on a sewing circle.

And your the fan of supposedly big boy program. Jeez, who gives a rat's ass.

Gotta love a rival fan worrying about another program taking a PR hit. Watching this unfold is like listening in on a sewing circle.

And your the fan of supposedly big boy program. Jeez, who gives a rat's ass.

All I did was make a comment. Instead of simply having a rational discussion on the topic, you insulted me (again, from behind the safety of your computer). Then, you deflect and act like it's so out of the ordinary for someone to make a casual observation about a sports topic. Yeah, because that never happens on a sports message board.

If ppl are worrying bout how it is playing out on a College Sports Level...well right now the focus is on OU, Stoops, Boren and Joe Mixon...Finebaum on ESPN & Brandon Gall on SiriusXM ripped them this morning

All I did was make a comment. Instead of simply having a rational discussion on the topic, you insulted me (again, from behind the safety of your computer). Then, you deflect and act like it's so out of the ordinary for someone to make a casual observation about a sports topic. Yeah, because that never happens on a sports message board.
I'd insult you in person as well after your performance here. Time to move on.

Reactions: BPGhost
If ppl are worrying bout how it is playing out on a College Sports Level...well right now the focus is on OU, Stoops, Boren and Joe Mixon...Finebaum on ESPN & Brandon Gall on SiriusXM ripped them this morning
Yeah the video is out on Mixon and it's about as disgusting as it gets. That guy should be going to jail.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
...Yeah, and see the problem is, what I said is 100% true. If the ACC champ had 2 losses, and Louisville just had one loss, Louisville still wouldn't have jumped the conference champs into the playoffs...

...You're claiming I said "conference champ is all that matters," yet you overlooked a quote where I said Louisville (non-conference champ) could jump other conference champs. (This is exactly what happened with Ohio St, by the way.) I'll wait to see how you square that with the notion that I said "conference champ is all that matters..."

Well, the Big Ten finished #2 in the RPI (as the ACC was when you made this post), and they didn't get two teams into the playoffs.
You ain't taking refuge in my shorthand, a$$hat. You've been spewing "conference champ" BS in this space since this season started based on the last two years of CFP invitees. As you were told and failed to understand, that was two stinking data points. But you were SO sure that a one-loss non-champ would never beat out a conference champ.

Only this year, a non-champ was invited that lost to the champ from the same conference, and said champ didn't get invited. In case an a$$hat has lost track, that's TWO tie-breakers (champ and HTH) that were "trumped" by the Committee.

All that freaking experience and knowledge you were so proud of was worth jack$hit in the end. The entire ranking came down to one factor: the number of losses the P5 teams at the top sustained. That's it. Tie-breakers were applied within a group of teams so ranked, but if you had one loss, you were getting in over a team with two losses. Period. An a$$hat can spin it any way an a$$hat wants, but them's the facts.

And thanks in retrospect for several months of your worthless input...

Reactions: Mayoman
You ain't taking refuge in my shorthand, a$$hat. You've been spewing "conference champ" BS in this space since this season started based on the last two years of CFP invitees. As you were told and failed to understand, that was two stinking data points. But you were SO sure that a one-loss non-champ would never beat out a conference champ.

Only this year, a non-champ was invited that lost to the champ from the same conference, and said champ didn't get invited. In case an a$$hat has lost track, that's TWO tie-breakers (champ and HTH) that were "trumped" by the Committee.

All that freaking experience and knowledge you were so proud of was worth jack$hit in the end. The entire ranking came down to one factor: the number of losses the P5 teams at the top sustained. That's it. Tie-breakers were applied within a group of teams so ranked, but if you had one loss, you were getting in over a team with two losses. Period. An a$$hat can spin it any way an a$$hat wants, but them's the facts.

And thanks in retrospect for several months of your worthless input...

Oh yes, I will use your shorthand. The Big Ten didn't get two teams into the playoffs, despite what you implied in that post.

You are also lying about what I said. I did not say a non-champ would "never" get in over a conference champ. Facts are facts. That's not what I said. That's also demonstrated by the quote I showed you, where I specifically said Louisville could get into the playoffs, despite not being a conference champ. You want to talk about facts, that's a fact.

...I did not say a non-champ would "never" get in over a conference champ...

"...Even with two losses, it's going to be hard to get an 'at large' team in over a conference champ..." -- from Louisville's Playoff Chances (10/9/2016)

A lying a$$hat too who wants to parse his own words...

Last edited:
"...Even with two losses, it's going to be hard to get an 'at large' team in over a conference champ..." -- from Louisville's Playoff Chances (10/9/2016)

A lying a$$hat too who wants to parse his own words...

"It's going to be hard" vs. "never." Two different things. The lying is on your part, trying equate the two, when they aren't the same thing.

And you STILL haven't acknowledged the fact that in that same thread, I specifically said it was possible for Louisville to get into the playoffs without being a conference champ. You can't cherrypick.

Oh, and you still haven't acknowledged that your statement about the #2 RPI conference getting two teams into the playoffs didn't happen either. You want to call somebody a liar, start with yourself.

Ok. But yes I would. Glad you are here to prove out.

I notice you still haven't addressed the actual point I made. You just keep on with trash talk, because that's all you've got. You don't have a legitimate point.

This is the big problem. You misunderstood my post, and thought I was trash talking Petrino by calling him a liar. I wasn't. I my opinion, the whole thing with Wake Forest is small potatoes. My point was that if Petrino and Jurich had gotten on the same page with the PR stuff, the whole thing would have blown over without incident.

"It's going to be hard" vs. "never." Two different things. The lying is on your part, trying equate the two, when they aren't the same thing...
Deny you thought that conference champ trumps most other factors in the CFP decision. I wanna watch you squirm explaining your a$$hat analysis one more time.

While being too damned blind to see the criterion that matters more than tie-breakers...

Last edited:
Deny you thought that conference champ trumps most other factors in the CFP decision. I wanna watch you squirm explaining your a$$hat analysis one more time.

While being too damned blind to see the criterion that matters more than tie-breakers...

I can easily deny it, because that's not what I said. I didn't say conference championship trumps most other factors.

Here are some things I did say:

The committee has plainly said they give precedence to conference champs. A 12-1 P5 champ is getting in over an 11-1 non-champ.

Notice the stipulation I put in there?

The committee has specifically said that when it comes down to a close decision, they favor the conference champions.

Notice here how I said "close decision"? I didn't say the committee always favors the conference champ. I said they favor the conference champ when it comes down to a close decision. However, you were so busy blowing a gasket, you overlooked that important little nugget.

For a non-champ to jump a P5 champ, there is going to have to be a huge disparity.

See how I said it was possible for a non-champ to jump a conference champ, if there was a huge disparity? See, that part matters too. Point being, I have given you multiple quotes from that argument, where I specifically said it was possible for a non-champ to jump a conference champ. So no, when you try to claim I said a non-champ will never jump a conference champ, it's a flat out lie, because I have multiple posts where I said otherwise. You can either admit it, or keep lying. Your choice.

Last edited:
You beat the conference champ drum all football season. And true a$$hat that you are, now refuse to own it for obvious reason. If you had any credibility--with me you had none--you've just shot that to hell by not owning who/what you are.

And you will be reminded of that henceforth in any thread I cross paths with you. Enjoy yourself...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT