ADVERTISEMENT

UVA dead and then. . .

Yep it definitely reminded me of that horrible incident. Auburn did everything they could to lose this game. It appears the basketball gods have decided to bless UVA after cursing them last season. I wonder if they'll be there for UVA one more time?

Reactions: Cue Card
Yep it definitely reminded me of that horrible incident. Auburn did everything they could to lose this game. It appears the basketball gods have decided to bless UVA after cursing them last season. I wonder if they'll be there for UVA one more time?

I think it was the refs rather than the basketball gods that blessed Virginia. They were struck blind before an obvious Virginia double dribble that would have given Auburn the win, then regained 20/20 vision just in time to see the ticky-tack foul on the Virginia missed three..

Actually Va did everything to lose the game. Had a 10 point lead and didn’t put them away. That’s why teams are always in the game against them.

Actually Va did everything to lose the game. Had a 10 point lead and didn’t put them away. That’s why teams are always in the game against them.

I hear you. UVA still plays a potentially dangerous style of ball. In their first game it looked like a repeat of them losing against a 16 seed again, being down at the half, until they pulled away in the second. I was more referring to the very end of the Auburn game where they made several mistakes to lose the game.

It is Texas Tech's destiny to win their first NC in BB and become only the second team ever from the state of Texas to do so. They are just as physically tough and strong as UVA is and shoot better.

Should be an interesting game and whoever is able to assert their will, will win this game. The Read Raiders will be the team that does that Monday night IMO. Their defense is stout and prickly.

And yes, I am a Red Raider fan dating back to my days of living in Clovis, NM at Cannon AFB in the late 70's early 80's. Clovis is about 100 miles as the crow flies from Lubbock, Texas. Some pretty flat land out that ways to say the least.

Go Red Raiders!!!! Beat the Hoos.

I hear you. UVA still plays a potentially dangerous style of ball. In their first game it looked like a repeat of them losing against a 16 seed again, being down at the half, until they pulled away in the second. I was more referring to the very end of the Auburn game where they made several mistakes to lose the game.
Youth vs senior leadership...

I think it was the refs rather than the basketball gods that blessed Virginia. They were struck blind before an obvious Virginia double dribble that would have given Auburn the win, then regained 20/20 vision just in time to see the ticky-tack foul on the Virginia missed three..
That double dribble was so obvious. I was dumbfounded that it wasn't called. The call on the very last play was actually the correct call and give that kid credit for hitting all 3 free throws, but it never should have got that far. That no call on the double dribble was unbelievable. Kid kicked it off his own foot, picked it up, and then started dribbling again. Wow.

TT plays a really tough defense but offensively they really struggled. I want VA to win for the ACC and I think they play a better all around game. I am impressed with the TT defense and their coaching.

Reactions: gocds
That double dribble was so obvious. I was dumbfounded that it wasn't called. The call on the very last play was actually the correct call and give that kid credit for hitting all 3 free throws, but it never should have got that far. That no call on the double dribble was unbelievable. Kid kicked it off his own foot, picked it up, and then started dribbling again. Wow.
It was so egregious that I don't think the refs could believe their eyes and blow the whistle. Same with the announcers. They were looking for a foul and ignored the Double Dribble. Meanwhile, I am screaming at the TV.

Auburn got hosed by a non-call that a youth league ref would have caught.

OTOH the foul call on the shot was legit. All the Auburn defender had to do was avoid contact. You have a right handed shooter who had pivoted to the right, whose feet were not squared to the basket shooting an off balance three. I don't care if it is Guy or Milt Wagner, disrupt his vision and let it go. Milt would have at least had his feet squared to the basket. And likely hit it. Ask Memphis State!

Reactions: gocds and Cue Card
It was a double dribble, no doubt. The foul was the correct call.

Reactions: gocds
When I watched the game in real time, I saw the play develop and honestly thought the Auburn player flicked the ball away but the refs didn’t want to call a reach in foul for little or no contact. The double dribble was the last thing in their mind.

I know its been stated, but only 1 freshman starting on both sides and these teams ranked 1 and 3 in defense this year. Experience and defense over top 5 recruiting classes!!!

And yes, I am a Red Raider fan dating back to my days of living in Clovis, NM at Cannon AFB in the late 70's early 80's. Clovis is about 100 miles as the crow flies from Lubbock, Texas. Some pretty flat land out that ways to say the least.

Go Red Raiders!!!! Beat the Hoos.

I am right there with you. My father is from the Lubbock area (Lamesa, specifically). He is a lifelong Texas Tech fan and it'll make him very happy for them to win a National Championship in basketball (something he probably never considered he'd see). Go Red Raiders!

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT