ADVERTISEMENT

UL Asst Coaches

nashvegascard

One-Star Poster
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2001
So what's the story with our assistants involved in this? I can't figure out why they weren't arrested if they were involved in the Las Vegas conversation. Any insights?

They weren't arrested because they didn't take bribes directly for themselves. They just facilitated money getting to the recruits and/or recruits' families from Adidas, allegedly. That's not a federal crime, just against NCAA rules.

So what's the story with our assistants involved in this? I can't figure out why they weren't arrested if they were involved in the Las Vegas conversation. Any insights?

They basically didn’t handle the money. The Adidas rep brokered the deal we only had to get the athlete certified and a scholarship. All payments were handled by Adadis.

They weren't arrested because they didn't take bribes directly for themselves. They just facilitated money getting to the recruits and/or recruits' families from Adidas, allegedly. That's not a federal crime, just against NCAA rules.

So the bribe was on Adidas

Basically Addidas agreed to pay 100K to Bowen in exchange that Louisville coaches made sure he signed with Addidas when he turned pro.

All of this is just so stupid on the part of the coaching staff at UofL. We JUST GOT PLACED ON PROBATION for 4 years and then this. I've tried not getting angry about this because I can't control any of it, but the more time that goes by, the more it's starting to piss me off.

Coach Pitino will go down in UofL history as our Eddie Sutton hire. 100% shame. :(

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT