ADVERTISEMENT

U of L gets NOA

UofL has at least one Level 1 violation. Pitino has at least one Level 2 violation being considered.

No way Rick or Johnson should be coaching while we getting roasted as expected. Thanks Rick f you!

The school gets a level 1 however Rick gets a level 2 no reasoning whatsoever. No freking way a delusional fan can defend Rick if they are truly a U of L fan. Sure some will bust a nut on this.

Statement from Coach Mack:

“Since arriving at Louisville, I have seen up close the incredible changes that have taken place under the leadership of President Bendapudi and Director of Athletics Vince Tyra in our university and in our athletics department. The shared values and commitment to integrity is evident in their actions and has always been demanded in the programs that my staff and I have led.

While I understand the allegations brought today, I am confident that the University will do what is right, which includes fighting back on those charges that we simply do not agree with, and for which the facts do not substantiate. The future is bright for Cardinal Basketball. Our focus will continue to be on our tremendous student-athletes.”

http://thecrunchzone.com/chris-mack-statement-on-notice-of-allegations/

Statement from Coach:

“Since arriving at Louisville, I have seen up close the incredible changes that have taken place under the leadership of President Bendapudi and Director of Athletics Vince Tyra in our university and in our athletics department. The shared values and commitment to integrity is evident in their actions and has always been demanded in the programs that my staff and I have led.

While I understand the allegations brought today, I am confident that the University will do what is right, which includes fighting back on those charges that we simply do not agree with, and for which the facts do not substantiate. The future is bright for Cardinal Basketball. Our focus will continue to be on our tremendous student-athletes.”
Has to protect his turf sucks for his program just another big hurdle to recruit against. Glad it's here so we can do whats necessary to move on from this dark cloud.

G0 Cards!!! We have been punished enough and it is time to show a little backbone on this matter..

That approaching dark cloud is here and now it is starting to rain. Seems like the University is going to fight it - good for them. Bowen never played, the board was FARRR'd, the president was FARRR'd, the AD was FARRR'd, and a HOF head coach (and all of his staff sans Padgett - for a year anyway) were all FARRR'd. All those sonsofbeyitches - FARRR'd. I say the appeal is won.

Hopefully this finally can lead us a an end game. Just get it over with and we can finally but these last 5 years behind us for good.

Im numb to punishments, just give it and let’s move on.

Reactions: Deeva
Listening to the Press Conference now. Damn Vince is terrible by making all those reporters have their mute buttons pressed. This is clearly his fault.

Sarcasm for the broken zipper who is surely going to continue to blame every evil in the world on Vince Tyra.

The most difficult issue for this admin with fighting it. You have to figure out what's true and not solely based on what was told and noted prior to you. I hated doing use of force investigations involving officers that i didn't know personally or was on scene for . It's a very difficult task.

Listening to the Press Conference now. Damn Vince is terrible by making all those reporters have their mute buttons pressed. This is clearly his fault.

Sarcasm for the broken zipper who is surely going to continue to blame every evil in the world on Vince Tyra.
He should just sit down and be real still he has not fight whatsoever in this one.

Tom would have stopped the NOA from arriving.

We knew this day would come. It's a relief it has now actually happened. Let's see, UofL has 90 days to respond, then the NCAA takes their time issuing a ruling, UofL then appeals, possible court battles and legal maneuvering ensues, this could go on for a year or two.

We knew this day would come. It's a relief it has now actually happened. Let's see, UofL has 90 days to respond, then the NCAA takes their time issuing a ruling, UofL then appeals, possible court battles and legal maneuvering ensues, this could go on for a year or two.
U of L has to Aug
Ncaa has to Nov to respond
Sure another U of L appeal Feb

So if theirs a BB season alot of his crap is going too hit around tourney time or so .

The last NOA process lasted 16 mths start to finish for us.

The NCAA has already decided what they're going to do to us, so we should fight it as hard as we can and inflict as much pain on them as possible.

We are in the weirdest place.

This issue is only bad for us because we already were on probation. Had we fought last time, we wouldn’t be in this situation on probation now. But now? Already being on probation with this charge, not cooperating now may make punishment worse. But(again), not fighting will destroy our fan base morale.

Even if it’s a scholarship reduction, NO MORE POST SEASON BAN. Damion Lee could’ve won a title in 2016. That team in 2018 would’ve had a good tournament run. The 2019 team would’ve had a full cast of talent to make a longer run. Our top 4 seeded team this year missed the chance to win an ACC tournament title and compete for a title.

Im tired of not playing in March.

We are in the weirdest place.

This issue is only bad for us because we already were on probation. Had we fought last time, we wouldn’t be in this situation on probation now. But now? Already being on probation with this charge, not cooperating now may make punishment worse. But(again), not fighting will destroy our fan base morale.

Even if it’s a scholarship reduction, NO MORE POST SEASON BAN. Damion Lee could’ve won a title in 2016. That team in 2018 would’ve had a good tournament run. The 2019 team would’ve had a full cast of talent to make a longer run. Our top 4 seeded team this year missed the chance to win an ACC tournament title and compete for a title.

Im tired of not playing in March.
You pretty much know as previous issues they get a heads up and know what they are facing before it's officially released to the public. They secured legal rep whom have already eyeballed it. Just as Tyra stated in the press conference just as he did also. So the decision was cleared to fight i'm sure came from legal people who feel it's worth the fight .

Jordan Fair
@Jordan_Fair
Oldsmar Christian Head Coach-CEO of Progression Daily Player Development-Former College GA and Assistant.

Seven schools have publicly acknowledged NCAA Notices of Allegations: Kansas: Five Level-I violations NC State: Two Level-I violations Louisville (on probation), Oklahoma State, South Carolina: One Level-I violation USC and TCU also received one, but didn't reveal allegations.

Statement from Coach Mack:

http://thecrunchzone.com/chris-mack-statement-on-notice-of-allegations/

Hope Vince gives the NCAA hell in the court system.

I disagree. You let this linger on and you will have problems getting kids to come here. Hell, that was happening just on the speculation we would get hit with sanctions.

I disagree. You let this linger on and you will have problems getting kids to come here. Hell, that was happening just on the speculation we would get hit with sanctions.
Yelp quicker we go to battle say what needs to be said refute and appeal what crazy sanctions they throw at us and wait.

The lingering didn't hurt UNC's recruiting. I say fight this shit for however long it takes. F*** the NCAA.
Sorry as much as we think of our school . We are just not in the blue blood click those 4 schools no matter what have a recruiting advantage that we will never achieve. That is just a fact . ESPN is littered with BB alumni from those schools which helps them alot. We just do not attract the same type of players that want to attend those schools.

Reactions: CardsvsCats2019
Yelp quicker we go to battle say what needs to be said refute and appeal what crazy sanctions they throw at us and wait.

This is what I meant. Go on the offensive right away and get it into the court system. That said, it could still take a couple of years before it's all said and done. The wheels of our judicial system turn slowly.

Reactions: Bird--man
Sorry as much as we think of our school . We are just not in the blue blood click those 4 schools no matter what have a recruiting advantage that we will never achieve. That is just a fact . ESPN is littered with BB alumni from those schools which helps them alot. We just do not attract the same type of players that want to attend those schools.

True, but I also don't see this hurting us with any prospects we are, or will be recruiting.

True, but I also don't see this hurting us with any prospects we are, or will be recruiting.
Go to the Athletic article by Dana Oneil and of course doom and gloom SI Forde both are already writing negative stuff . Putting out their own speculation to the masses . Ncaa will give us 2 years post season ban's. This the stuff that cripples your 21 recruiting.

Go to the Athletic article by Dana Oneil and of course doom and gloom SI Forde both are already writing negative stuff . Putting out their own speculation to the masses . Ncaa will give us 2 years post season ban's. This the stuff that cripples your 21 recruiting.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think we'll get another post season ban. I think that UofL cleaning house...from the President, all the way down to ball boys, will help us avoid another post season ban(s). I expect us to lose a couple of scholarships, maybe have the probationary period extended another couple years, etc. We also hired an all-star law firm

Last edited:
I guess this settles that it was right to clean house. If any of the previous regime remained, we’d probably be facing a very severe punishment.

Reactions: leon_lou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT