ADVERTISEMENT

U of L gets NOA

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think we'll get another post season ban. I think that UofL cleaning house...from the President, all the way down to ball boys, will help us avoid another post season ban(s). I expect us to lose a couple of scholarships, maybe have the probationary period extended another couple years, etc. We also hired an all-star law firm
I just condition my mind to expect some type of punishment how severe who knows. .

Reactions: CardsvsCats2019
its not the ncaa's fault. it's the Incompetence of tom jurich and rick pitino that got us in this mess.

Fight it like the plague. The last time we cooperated, it did us no good. Take it to court and bring up the fact the NCAA let UNC off the hook with no punishment at all. The UNC case should be precedence to all future allegations the NCAA makes. If they're not going to punish UNC they shouldn't be allowed to punish anybody.

Are we scrolling all over ESPN as they usually do us ? I havent' turned to that channel once since theirs no live sports .

Me either, but we’re top of the app all day next to Don Shula’s passing, so they’re giving it their best.

speed-bump-sign-k2-1610.png

Reactions: Cue Card
No way Rick or Johnson should be coaching while we getting roasted as expected. Thanks Rick f you!

The school gets a level 1 however Rick gets a level 2 no reasoning whatsoever. No freking way a delusional fan can defend Rick if they are truly a U of L fan. Sure some will bust a nut on this.
I agree, the schools seem to pay the price while those who are actually responsible tend to get off scott free, they need to start banning coaches more and those responsible.

The NCAA better get this settled quick.

Carlik Jones and Minlend came here to compete for a title. If the NCAA steals that from them, they need to tell them ahead of time so they could make another decision.

If we aren’t going to March, I’d rather Sam get more shots an Nickelberry start getting more minutes for the future just in case.

And after the 2016 travesty that the previous clown show did where we self imposed, Damien Lee and Trey didn’t get to go out in March for one more chance at a title. I wouldn’t want Carlik to miss out if that’s the case.

The NCAA better get this settled quick.

Carlik Jones and Minlend came here to compete for a title. If the NCAA steals that from them, they need to tell them ahead of time so they could make another decision.

If we aren’t going to March, I’d rather Sam get more shots an Nickelberry start getting more minutes for the future just in case.

And after the 2016 travesty that the previous clown show did where we self imposed, Damien Lee and Trey didn’t get to go out in March for one more chance at a title. I wouldn’t want Carlik to miss out if that’s the case.
What are you referring too ? Nothing is going to be affected for the upcoming season. If they are going to get any ban it will be for the 21 season and beyond.

Some fans are going to have too temper expectations again . Recruiting for this 21 class will probably now end up nowhere near how it started. Mack had gotten in on alot of high level kids. Now with this NOA being dropped right smack in the middle of recruiting that class . Mack's job of getting the better players to commit are really hampered. He cannot say with an honest face to the kids, parents or their reps that they won't get a ban for 21 or have a clue what will happen. Other programs are going to reinforce this. This program just cannot get going and i know some will think otherwise . It might not be till 23 when we are competitive again. Just be prepared.

What are you referring too ? Nothing is going to be affected for the upcoming season. If they are going to get any ban it will be for the 21 season and beyond.
If they rule us out of the tournament, it will probably be effective ASAP. I don’t think we will get to choose.

And just say we get a ban and we can’t fight it, would you rather just eat it now in 2021 so it won’t hurt recruiting for 2022 or, set us back next recruiting period?

We’re going to probably lose Johnson, Williamson, Williams, Jones, and Minfeld. If we go into next offseason facing a 2022 and 2023 ban, plus scholarship reductions it’s going to set us back for a while.

Hopefully, we pay a big fine and lose some scholarship guys and just roll with it for a few years. Get some young guys experience for a few years and build a great team for when we get off

Some fans are going to have too temper expectations again . Recruiting for this 21 class will probably now end up nowhere near how it started. Mack had gotten in on alot of high level kids. Now with this NOA being dropped right smack in the middle of recruiting that class . Mack's job of getting the better players to commit are really hampered. He cannot say with an honest face to the kids, parents or their reps that they won't get a ban for 21 or have a clue what will happen. Other programs are going to reinforce this. This program just cannot get going and i know some will think otherwise . It might not be till 23 when we are competitive again. Just be prepared.
I also just remembered that 1 time transfer rule starts next year.

Just say they drop the hammer for 2 years, less scholarships and no good recruits for a few years. And possibly a lot of guys transferring out immediately. Nickelberry, Aidan, etc might want to move on.

If we can avoid a postseason ban at all costs, do it. The best we can hope for with a ban is just for the 2021 season and then we can move forward.

I also just remembered that 1 time transfer rule starts next year.

Just say they drop the hammer for 2 years, less scholarships and no good recruits for a few years. And possibly a lot of guys transferring out immediately. Nickelberry, Aidan, etc might want to move on.

If we can avoid a postseason ban at all costs, do it. The best we can hope for with a ban is just for the 2021 season and then we can move forward.
The 21 season ban is what i'm preparing my mind for at best case scenario (sans no ban). 50/50.

Key for U of L is the rebuttal from the Ncaa that Kansas just received. Their situation along with Nc.St is going to give us an idea what might be our fate. Listening to some lawyers they say that U of L's situation is similar to Nc.st (sans our probation issue that is the killer for us)

Mack beginning to adjust recruiting strategy this kid is ranked # 157 in some rankings and NR in others consensus 3 star at present. This is the pond most likely expect to be fishing in for awhile Thanks Rick.

@jakeweingarten
Louisville just offered 2021 guard Bobby Pettiford Jr,
@Stockrisers
. He conducted a virtual visit with Chris Mack last week.

Mack beginning to adjust recruiting strategy this kid is ranked # 157 in some rankings and NR in others consensus 3 star at present. This is the pond most likely expect to be fishing in for awhile Thanks Rick.

@jakeweingarten
@Stockrisers
At least Mack did have some experience with that level of talent at Xavier.

Just get the top guys in this area like DJ and Traynor, some underrated projects he likes, and maybe some GTs. I think Mack is perfect to get us through this rough time...but will we have the patience?

Sometimes these sanctions can last and hurt for a while. Look at Cuse. Good teams, but they’ve really not returned to an elite level. They can win some big games and have a good tournament run, but they just fell off after their sanctions.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3

@jakeweingarten
@Stockrisers

Just think, there will be a bunch of "Mack can't coach" posts after losses. Mack really took a risk coming here. I hope it works out for him in the long term.

At least Mack did have some experience with that level of talent at Xavier.

Just get the top guys in this area like DJ and Traynor, some underrated projects he likes, and maybe some GTs. I think Mack is perfect to get us through this rough time...but will we have the patience?

Sometimes these sanctions can last and hurt for a while. Look at Cuse. Good teams, but they’ve really not returned to an elite level. They can win some big games and have a good tournament run, but they just fell off after their sanctions.
Totally agree with everything you said. However part of cuse problem Boeheim is past his prime they need fresh blood.

Just think, there will be a bunch of "Mack can't coach" posts after losses. Mack really took a risk coming here. I hope it works out for him in the long term.

What risk? He got a $2.5 million per year raise to go to a Top 5 basketball school in America, and work for an AD that hired him specifically to stick it out here thru this mess. If that's risk, sign me up any day of the week for it.

I think a more accurate statement is "Mack can't recruit" and there may be some truth to that, sans Sam Williamson (Top 25 ranked player) and David Johnson (70's ranking). NOA or no NOA, Mack needs to up his recruiting game. 90% of recruits don't care about an investigation...especially the one's that only plan on being in college 1-2 years. Jake Weingarten, who's about as dialed in as anyone in recruiting, says not one recruit has mentioned investigations when he's spoken to them about UofL and their decision. Not one, ever. Not saying Mack can't use it an excuse that fans will believe, but he needs to do better. He just does. UNC hasn't been hurt a bit by their ordeal. Neither has Kansas.

What risk? He got a $2.5 million per year raise to go to a Top 5 basketball school in America, and work for an AD that hired him specifically to stick it out here thru this mess. If that's risk, sign me up any day of the week for it.

I think a more accurate statement is "Mack can't recruit" and there may be some truth to that, sans Sam Williamson (Top 25 ranked player). NOA or no NOA, Mack needs to up his recruiting game. 90% of recruits don't care about an investigation...especially the one's that only plan on being in college 1-2 years. Jake Weingarten, who's about as dialed in as anyone in recruiting, says not one recruit has mentioned investigations when he's spoken to them about UofL and their decision. Not one, ever. Not saying Mack can't use it an excuse that fans will believe, but he needs to do better. He just does. UNC hasn't been hurt a bit by their ordeal. Neither has Kansas.
See here we go already! U of L is not UNC,Duke,Uk or Kansas those schools have and will always recruit through anything good or bad regardless. It is what it is why every top player year after year has a combination of these shcools on the top of their list.

Not saying Mack can't use it an excuse that fans will believe, but he needs to do better. He just does. UNC hasn't been hurt a bit by their ordeal. Neither has Kansas.
That’s a bad comparison. UNC and Kansas haven’t actually been on probation like us during this time.

We were under investigation just like them and awaiting a ruling, and Rick started signing his best classes ever. Then we lost a coach and an entire recruiting cycle. We’ve been on probation since late in 2017.

So while already being on probation, we also are under a new investigation while being on probation.

Sanctioned programs are supposed to pile up losses and struggle to recruit. That is what Mack walked into. Not sure why anybody would pretend that's not the situation. Granted he knowingly signed up.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
So while already being on probation, we also are under a new investigation while being on probation.
That's correct and that's why the house had to be cleaned out. Jurich and Pitino had to go whether they knew about it or not. They HAD to go. Had we not already been on probation, there is no doubt in my mind Jurich and Pitino would still be at UofL.

I’m waiting for zit to post something about wake forest to keep this thread off the top line. Awfully quiet about the noa.

damn autocorrect

Last edited:
Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
That's correct and that's why the house had to be cleaned out. Jurich and Pitino had to go whether they knew about it or not. They HAD to go. Had we not already been on probation, there is no doubt in my mind Jurich and Pitino would still be at UofL.
Well some people in our fan base think Billy Donovan or Jay Wright would’ve left their jobs for this scenario.

But thankfully, the majority know Mack was the right choice for the time. Now that these sanctions are pending it makes me think he’s built for the job.

Now in 5 years we may think different, but for right now he’s the man to lead us through these dark times.

This NOA going to be interesting after reading Ncaa rebuttal to Ku. They saying Adidas is a booster to schools. Okay if that's the case as others whom have read this document are saying they want to see how the ncaa handles the take. When lawyers bring up the issue of Nike being a booster also to schools. That would make just about any schools and players complicit and ineligible also . Just based off Nike owning 82 percent of the aau bb circuit eybl, Jordan brand .

International player ranked in the # 150 ish, Mack is at least trying to get ahead of it somewhat.

Louisville’s staff will virtually visit with 2021’s Mouhamed Lamine Mbaye today, his coach told
@Stockrisers
. Cincinnati, Rutgers and Iona also involved here.
11:13 AM · May 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

I've been following Mack's recruiting closely . Prior to the NOA U of L was in on 4 and 5 star recruits for the 21 class. Since Monday some of those same names have somewhat cooled off and now you see these high 100's guys starting to show up. And offers going into the 22 class of sophomores. Which tells me Mack is preparing for possible worst case of 22 ban.

I've been following Mack's recruiting closely . Prior to the NOA U of L was in on 4 and 5 star recruits for the 21 class. Since Monday some of those same names have somewhat cooled off and now you see these high 100's guys starting to show up. And offers going into the 22 class of sophomores. Which tells me Mack is preparing for possible worst case of 22 ban.
After 2021, as I mentioned previously, we will probably be saying good bye to Johnson, Williamson, Williams, Minlend, Jones.

We’ll be left with Nickleberry, Aidan, Slaz, Withers, Traynor, Davis, and Hopkins coming in to play.

Considering the possible ban and scholarship restrictions, that’s actually a good core of 7 talented guys. They aren’t elite by any means, but all rated as good players. Getting a few young guys to develop over 3-4 years with that roster can hold us over.

This NOA going to be interesting after reading Ncaa rebuttal to Ku. They saying Adidas is a booster to schools. Okay if that's the case as others whom have read this document are saying they want to see how the ncaa handles the take. When lawyers bring up the issue of Nike being a booster also to schools. That would make just about any schools and players complicit and ineligible also . Just based off Nike owning 82 percent of the aau bb circuit eybl, Jordan brand .
Yeah, just wondering if the NCAA will hold it against us that we have kept Adidas close.

After 2021, as I mentioned previously, we will probably be saying good bye to Johnson, Williamson, Williams, Minlend, Jones.

We’ll be left with Nickleberry, Aidan, Slaz, Withers, Traynor, Davis, and Hopkins coming in to play.

Considering the possible ban and scholarship restrictions, that’s actually a good core of 7 talented guys. They aren’t elite by any means, but all rated as good players. Getting a few young guys to develop over 3-4 years with that roster can hold us over.
Williams Jones,Minleand gone regardless time will be up anyway. Hopkins is not going to be here . Not sure if any of those other guys don't transfer.

Williams Jones,Minleand gone regardless time will be up anyway. Hopkins is not going to be here . Not sure if any of those other guys don't transfer.
Nickleberry is the one I see heading out if any of them do. Didn’t get much burn last year and he looks to be the 5th guard in this year’s rotation.

Wonder if he’d consider leaving before the year? Save a year of eligibility instead of sitting the bench again.

International player ranked in the # 150 ish, Mack is at least trying to get ahead of it somewhat.

Louisville’s staff will virtually visit with 2021’s Mouhamed Lamine Mbaye today, his coach told
@Stockrisers
. Cincinnati, Rutgers and Iona also involved here.
11:13 AM · May 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets
Louisville’s Chris Mack just offered Mouhamed Lamine Mbaye, his coach told
@Stockrisers
, his first high-major offer.

probably not going to be a season in fall. several California schools have already decided to close down for fall semester.

Funny listening to the national media types ie Forde, Goodman etc. A year ago they all were saying ole U of L going to get the death penalty . Now when questioned on what they think will happen to U of L the all doubling down for the most part especially Forde his words now are "maybe a 1 year ban but who knows." LOL Then you have a couple who don't want too lose face and keep with the multiple year crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT