ADVERTISEMENT

U of L athletics reach new milestones…

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
We know about these things, but it’s worth reminding ourselves in the face of other, often fake news…
  • Omaha, for the 3rd time in five years
  • The highest MLB draft pick in history. (And in Drew Ellis, the 5th highest...)
  • Our first Heisman Trophy winner.
  • Another football stadium expansion and a baseball stadium expansion in the offing, adding to a portfolio of the best collegiate facilities around.
  • And a stat I saw posted elsewhere… Since 2014, the most first round draft picks (13) in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and MLS in the country. Second high are UNC, UCLA, and tOSU, each with 11.
(For the uninformed who still think of U of L as a “basketball school”, ONE of those 13 U of L draft picks was to the NBA…)

Of course, I’m overlooking recent U of L Olympians and world record holders because the list is almost too much to keep track of and compile. Nice problem to have.

If you think we have staff members that are overpaid, your argument is gonna be tough… Find me another athletic department nationally that delivers comparable results, and show me what the AD and his/her staff are paid. Let’s calculate the difference between their U of L counterparts and debate hard data--not data that you, slapd!cks, and/or some journalist looking for a hot take don’t like.

Hell yes, these people are paid a lotta money, like anyone else in this world who delivers extraordinary results. They're worth every penny...

We know about these things, but it’s worth reminding ourselves in the face of other, often fake news…
  • The highest MLB draft pick in history. (And in Drew Ellis, the 5th highest...)
  • Another football stadium expansion and a baseball stadium expansion in the offing, adding to a portfolio of the best collegiate facilities around.
  • And a stat I saw posted elsewhere… Since 2014, the most first round draft picks (13) in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and MLS in the country. Second high are UNC, UCLA, and tOSU, each with 11.
(For the uninformed who still think of U of L as a “basketball school”, ONE of those 13 U of L draft picks was to the NBA…)

Of course, I’m overlooking recent U of L Olympians and world record holders because the list is almost too much to keep track of and compile. Nice problem to have.

If you think we have staff members that are overpaid, your argument is gonna be tough… Find me another athletic department nationally that delivers comparable results, and show me what the AD and his/her staff are paid. Let’s calculate the difference between their U of L counterparts and debate hard data--not data that you, slapd!cks, and/or some journalist looking for a hot take don’t like.

Hell yes, these people are paid a lotta money, like anyone else in this world who delivers extraordinary results. They're worth every penny...

Awesome.

NICE!!!! Thanks for all you do to make this site pop!

I'm willing to wager that you will not get any warm fuzzies from anyone in the Big Blue Najahadee over this post.o_O:D.

Reactions: gocds and zipp
Have you noticed Zipp how few responses you get when you post something good regarding UofL. I guess the trolls only love it when bad news is being reported about UofL. Go Cards.
Bad news always sells, and we're not changing human nature. IMO it is our responsibility as fans to keep waving accurate info in front of people as Cincy is doing.

Also good to keep in mind that...

img-thing

Reactions: Mayoman
Some other good things...

#2 seed in the Men's NCAA Tournament.
Sweet 16 in Women's Tournament
1st team All-ACC: Donovan Mitchell (and likely soon 1st round draft pick).

Reactions: zipp

Hey Zipp - another great posting! I admire your inputs, as they are well-written and informational. It truly is great news how well this department is doing with their participation in all sports. As the ACC money rolls in, they will be more successful!!

Reactions: zipp
Thanks slappies! And you guys have a nice little baseball team...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT