ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra's good bye letter.

Shaking my head at some posters, they aren't even funny anymore. Rumor and mud slinging from someone who was actually charged with malfeasance when on a condo board. And gave back property and cash to settle.

Truth is there would have been no Vince if Tom had focused more on managing what was here, instead of building a money monster.

Link to the letter firing Jurich below. Remember back then, when the second round of NCAA violations was lead story on the nightly news.

He cleaned it up so well we don't have any additional NCAA tourney banners cluttering up our rafters after his tenure.

Jurich inherited a mess in 1997, and he cleaned it up rather nicely. I guess the job was too big for Tyra.
For some, Tyra evidently had no responsibility for cleaning up anything...

Reactions: gocds
Not sure under the circumstances that Tyra assumed the role could be projected long term, it was a fluid situation. From what Eric Crawford could glean from his sources and his recent exchange with Vince….. the relationship between VT, Neeli and the BoT was never as good as it needed to be, but when Neeli elected to take the initiative on her own to discipline Mack over VT’s strong disagreement ….. it was evident he was gone. BoT failing to share Neeli’s departure to PSU a speaks volumes of the poor relationship the Trustees had with Tyra.

Crawford is in my opinion one of the few folks around the program that I believe what he says.

Reactions: gocds
For some, Tyra evidently had no responsibility for cleaning up anything...
Like who for example? Who has ever posted that he had no responsibility?

No one.

Just another in a long line of mischaracterizations of the truth.

Reactions: Art79
How long are we going to discuss a Jurich. My word it has been 4 years. What is the point?

Their situations were different. Time to move on.

Reactions: chevelle99
Totally agree, the professional athletic guy raised a lot of money, hired a lot of kin folk, left us on probation and awaiting further NCAA sanctions. Hung zero basketball banners. And rehired a dud FB coach with a preposterous buyout.

The replacement raised significantly less money. Had less severe infractions under his term, and is also gone.

I'd give then both a C- for their time here. Grading on a taco stand adjacent college curve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT