ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra slip of the tongue???

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Tyra was on Howie Lindsey’s show a few minutes ago. During a segment of his interview they were discussing Mitch Barnhart’s compensation at UK. According to Tyra, Barnhart has a bunch of incentives attached to his contract. Tyra then said he didn’t plan to have any incentives attached to his contract.

To me he already has a contract and to say “I don’t plan to have any incentives in my contract” I believe was a complete slip of the tongue. I believe he slipped up and in his mind was referring to the next contract not the current one.

As many on here have said, I believe it’s a done deal too. It was around the 9:40-9:41 am mark of the show, if it’s archived anywhere on the internet and anyone cares to listen.

Do I have a big problem with it? I think he’s doing a good job, but he’s also tied to the hip with Postel & Grissom who act like they’re so clean and pure. I’m not buying that crap from his bosses. I just wish everyone down there would start shooting straight and cut out the BS.

Idk, but he owned the show again. Wouldn't you think you're going to be AD if you've done a good job like he has so far? If I'm him and I want the job and I've done nothing wrong, I'd probably be looking ahead as well.

1. Talked about baseball expansion
2. Talked about new FB deal that may be a done deal soon.
3. Talked about amenities meaning more than # of seats but the plan has NEVER changed.
4. Talked about extending UCONN series beyond next year.
5. Talked about things to get more fan interaction.

Tyra was on Howie Lindsey’s show a few minutes ago. During a segment of his interview they were discussing Mitch Barnhart’s compensation at UK. According to Tyra, Barnhart has a bunch of incentives attached to his contract. Tyra then said he didn’t plan to have any incentives attached to his contract.

To me he already has a contract and to say “I don’t plan to have any incentives in my contract” I believe was a complete slip of the tongue. I believe he slipped up and in his mind was referring to the next contract not the current one.

As many on here have said, I believe it’s a done deal too. It was around the 9:40-9:41 am mark of the show, if it’s archived anywhere on the internet and anyone cares to listen.

Do I have a big problem with it? I think he’s doing a good job, but he’s also tied to the hip with Postel & Grissom who act like they’re so clean and pure. I’m not buying that crap from his bosses. I just wish everyone down there would start shooting straight and cut out the BS.

What were your thoughts on the rest of the interview?

I stated in the original post that I thought he was doing a good job. But, I’m not annointing the guy just yet.

I think it is very clear folks, and has been a while.

IMO Tyra has done a terrific job thus far, and I would say the majority of fans would agree. He has had the job locked up soon after he accepted the "interim" tag. It's a done deal.

Reactions: Kentucky31
I think it is very clear folks, and has been a while.

IMO Tyra has done a terrific job thus far, and I would say the majority of fans would agree. He has had the job locked up soon after he accepted the "interim" tag. It's a done deal.
Terrific as in firing his top assistants? Paying himself more than any other AD in the conference? Love for him to explain the formula for figuring the top 3 ADs pay in the conference. I don't give two craps about the lacrosse,volleyball,and soccer coaches extensions. I do give a crap about him blowing off the donors, saying he's going to cut the budget and paying "fair" market value. We didn't get were we are with this POS's vision. How anyone is impressed with this blowhard is beyond me. He will get his big shot here soon in hiring a basketball coach. My money says we will be VERY disappointed with who the BOT tells him to hire.

Terrific as in firing his top assistants? Paying himself more than any other AD in the conference? Love for him to explain the formula for figuring the top 3 ADs pay in the conference. I don't give two craps about the lacrosse,volleyball,and soccer coaches extensions. I do give a crap about him blowing off the donors, saying he's going to cut the budget and paying "fair" market value. We didn't get were we are with this POS's vision. How anyone is impressed with this blowhard is beyond me. He will get his big shot here soon in hiring a basketball coach. My money says we will be VERY disappointed with who the BOT tells him to hire.

So the BOT will tell whom to hire for b-ball but he named his own starting compensation?

Big deal, not.

So the BOT will tell whom to hire for b-ball but he named his own starting compensation?
Yeah, since when does a guy calculate his own pay? Are his superiors that stupid, or is he calling more of the shots than he should be? I guess we find out in due course.
Idk, but he owned the show again. Wouldn't you think you're going to be AD if you've done a good job like he has so far? If I'm him and I want the job and I've done nothing wrong, I'd probably be looking ahead as well.

1. Talked about ...
2. Talked about ...
3. Talked about ...
4. Talked about ...
5. Talked about ...
Pretty good pay for "talking". I'm still waiting to hear about the many good things he's DOING...

Beginnings_zpspill7bd2.jpg

Yeah, since when does a guy calculate his own pay? Are his superiors that stupid, or is he calling more of the shots than he should be? I guess we find out in due course.

Pretty good pay for "talking". I'm still waiting to hear about the many good things he's DOING...

Beginnings_zpspill7bd2.jpg

1. Extended 3 contracts who everyone thought there'd be a max exodus after TJ left. (Let me rephrase, not everyone, people who think TJ > Louisville).
2. He's attended all sports.
3. He's lowered his pay to meet the athletic budget.
4. He's read over the Adidas contract and still approves of it.
Need I go more?

What makes me so mad are all these pictures you post trying to prove a point. It's not. It's lame.

1. Extended 3 contracts who everyone thought there'd be a max exodus after TJ left. (Let me rephrase, not everyone, people who think TJ > Louisville).
Need I go more?

What makes me so mad are all these pictures you post trying to prove a point. It's not. It's lame.

He said something about making t-shirts with pictures like this on them. That’s interesting.

Reactions: HRTheCard
I’m excited that Tyra has been openly sharing information relevant to all our fanbase. It remains to be seen what all the results are but it’s a great start. Grissom could learn a thing or two from him.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Need I go more?...
The short answer..."yes".

1. I never predicted a "mass exodus", but you don't know what's going to happen based on four months in the job. He didn't go out and find any of these coaches, Jurich did. And none of them are gonna turn down a new contract--why would they? They can still walk away anytime they want.

2. So do I, does that make me qualified to be AD? Hell, he's doing it on U of L's dime--I have to pay to go to games.

3. He's still making more than most of the coaches in the ACC and with little or no credentials. I think he can eke out an existence on another $250K reduction--leaving him a paltry $50K per month. Poor guy.

4. Of course he approved the contract that JURICH negotiated. Only a clown would have cancelled it. (Of course, he does work for a clown show...)

You've got a pretty low bar by which you're evaluating this guy. We should all be so fortunate...
...What makes me so mad are all these pictures you post trying to prove a point. It's not. It's lame.
And I post them esp. for guys like you...

636444453199621405-Postel-and-Tyra-1.jpg

The short answer..."yes".

1. I never predicted a "mass exodus", but you don't know what's going to happen based on four months in the job. He didn't go out and find any of these coaches, Jurich did. And none of them are gonna turn down a new contract--why would they? They can still walk away anytime they want.

2. So do I, does that make me qualified to be AD? Hell, he's doing it on U of L's dime--I have to pay to go to games.

3. He's still making more than most of the coaches in the ACC and with little or no credentials. I think he can eke out an existence on another $250K reduction--leaving him a paltry $50K per month. Poor guy.

4. Of course he approved the contract that JURICH negotiated. Only a clown would have cancelled it. (Of course, he does work for a clown show...)

You've got a pretty low bar by which you're evaluating this guy. We should all be so fortunate...

And I post them esp. for guys like you...

636444453199621405-Postel-and-Tyra-1.jpg

He’s handling the role well so far and hasn’t had any missteps. Given all the issues UofL has had the last few years, this is a very positive development.

He’s handling the role well so far and hasn’t had any missteps. Given all the issues UofL has had the last few years, this is a very positive development.
That's damning by faint praise...the smartest clown in the clown show.

clowns_zpsikpt4p8o.jpg

Reactions: brookstreet
Could your “no arguing with Zipp” clause actually be because most of his arguments make sense?
Tyra’s million dollar smile reminds me of a poor man’s Jimmy Swaggart, and yes, if anyone doubts that he’s going to do anything without clearing it with the Ringling Bros. clown college who appointed him then please don’t argue with Zipp because disappointment may own you.

Amen

Reactions: brookstreet
Could your “no arguing with Zipp” clause actually be because most of his arguments make sense?
Tyra’s million dollar smile reminds me of a poor man’s Jimmy Swaggart, and yes, if anyone doubts that he’s going to do anything without clearing it with the Ringling Bros. clown college who appointed him then please don’t argue with Zipp because disappointment may own you.

Conjecture, deflections, meme-creation and name-calling seem to be the basis of his arguments. Not much substance. Nonetheless that formula seems to appeal to those looking for affirmation, not information.

It is refreshing to see financial accountability restored at the administrative and AD levels, as well as accountability and dignity at the head basketball coaching position. Great examples by all!

2. Talked about new FB deal that may be a done deal soon.

Granted I didn't listen to the interview, but what is this new football deal?

...anything to break the status quo is a step in the right direction.
You mean "talking"? That's what your clown show buddy, HR, just said Tyra's doing.
Conjecture, deflections, meme-creation and name-calling seem to be the basis of his arguments. Not much substance. Nonetheless that formula seems to appeal to those looking for affirmation, not information.
What a clown show apologist sees and hears...

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg

Who is the bald dude?

At first glance I thought it was Joe Reuther who played for the Cards in the 60’s along with his brother John. Joe lives in my neck of the woods and I see him occasionally, and he does favor the “bald dude”, lol. I hope he doesn’t see this post and get pissed at me :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT