ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra asking to interview Kenny Payne

I didn't say "only". It depends on the context. Hiring and firing?...No. Claims to "greatness" or "eliteness"?...Yes or mostly.

You get criticized for "choking" and "not being able to win the big one" otherwise. Can't have it both ways.

I personally think that NCAA tourney performance is overemphasized. But mine is the minority opinion. And LPT fans don't wanna start talking about body of work. Your guy now is barely ahead of Tubby on measures like double-digit loss seasons.

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball%20-%20Schultz%202_zpswyzpohr0.jpg
Well you certainly do have a unique outlook on success.

Valid point but why would you want to separate yourself from your own alumni. Louisville has had a ton of ex players that maintain basketball relationships in their own right. Don’t cut off your nose despite your face.
Because you really cannot trust someone connected to UK. I got sick of Pitino bringing his UK buddies into our program. I never trusted any of those guys. We can live without the Kenny Payne's of the world. He made his choice and now cannot expect to be treated with respect.

I must admit I agree with you on this. I’m sure this has a lot to do with Jerry Eaves bitterness. Although I’m tired of it.

Sounds like you are advocating for Eaves and Beard to keep up with subversive agenda. If so you are very ill informed.
Not at all, all I am saying is they have a right to voice their concern and the administration should be open to listening to former athletes. I would hope that having an open conversation about their concerns would be beneficial to both parties.

The problem is they have voiced their opinion in negative manner constantly and everyone is tired of hearing it. Jerry Eaves has turned into an ass and if Butch Beard wants to join his club that's fine. Jerry is sour grapes because his son wasn't good enough to be part of the Louisville program.

Kenny is a Louisville Cardinal National Champion and is not a traitor. All this "traitor" crap about Kenny Payne is just that, crap. You don't have to agree with it, but if Milt Wagner is advocating that Kenny get an interview then that should be good enough for you in regards to him being a "traitor." Listening to sports talk, apparently Kenny wanted to "come home" years ago and Rick said NO. So what's he supposed to do, just sit around? He went to Oregon and now he's making $800k as an assistant coach at UK....which is why he isn't a candidate for smaller programs because they can't afford him.

Reactions: PaintMeRed&Black
Kenny is a Louisville Cardinal National Champion and is not a traitor. All this "traitor" crap about Kenny Payne is just that, crap. You don't have to agree with it, but if Milt Wagner is advocating that Kenny get an interview then that should be good enough for you in regards to him being a "traitor." Listening to sports talk, apparently Kenny wanted to "come home" years ago and Rick said NO. So what's he supposed to do, just sit around? He went to Oregon and now he's making $800k as an assistant coach at UK....which is why he isn't a candidate for smaller programs because they can't afford him.
If true - wonder why pitino would have said no to payne?

If true - wonder why pitino would have said no to payne?

Apparently Rick wasn't very welcoming to the Denny era players by default and limited their access to the program. There may be more to it but there's that (again based on what I hear on Louisville sports talk radio from the hosts, not some guy with "the Twitter"). But Payne is a Louisville National Champion, so people need to stop with the "traitor" stuff or at least have something more to that than "he works for Cal/UK." Coaching is a mercenary business - Chris Mack is about to leave his alma mater because of this.

Apparently Rick wasn't very welcoming to the Denny era players by default and limited their access to the program. There may be more to it but there's that (again based on what I hear on Louisville sports talk radio from the hosts, not some guy with "the Twitter"). But Payne is a Louisville National Champion, so people need to stop with the "traitor" stuff or at least have something more to that than "he works for Cal/UK." Coaching is a mercenary business - Chris Mack is about to leave his alma mater because of this.
Makes sense. From what I was told - very much after the fact - Pitino was aware / self-conscious about the way that Denny's departure was viewed by his players and a certain segment of the fan base. That and his being very confortable / loyal to "his" players dictated his actions. I certainly don't think Payne is a traitor - that's silly. He was actually one of my favorite players on the teams that he was on during his career. None of that changes my belief that he isn't qualified for the UofL HC job and or / that I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he's employed "questionable" recruiting tactics while a sweaty cal assistant.

It's been known since he was at Oregon. Of course Ky fans would ignore it.

Besides, I don't care what you know or what you don't know. :rolleyes: Ky fans....
With all due respect, either it has no substance or your own administration is also ignoring it. I’d say we are both in the clear. I’d hate to lose KP. The kids love him.

Reactions: PaintMeRed&Black
Makes sense. From what I was told - very much after the fact - Pitino was aware / self-conscious about the way that Denny's departure was viewed by his players and a certain segment of the fan base. That and his being very confortable / loyal to "his" players dictated his actions.

Right. let's be fair & realistic - Rick had a pretty steep hill to climb with the "Denny people" after Crum was fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT