ADVERTISEMENT

Tough day all around

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
With NC State losing to BC and Duke losing to GT it hasn't been a good day for Louisville all the way around. Even Houston barely beat ICF. The Clemson/FSU winner will be the only saving grace. If FSU wins that helps with our big win over them. If Clemson wins our close loss to them still doesn't hurt.

I have stopped worrying about the playoff. The odds were against us even before today. A top bowl game against someone like Oklahoma or LSU would be a great consolation prize. Of course I want a playoff bid but the Heisman for Lamar and a top bowl game are likely as long as we win out.

Reactions: beasleythecard
"Worrying" is not something anyone should be doing. Way too many scenarios that can play out with a lotta football games to be played. A "close win" didn't kill you regardless what you hear from some people...

Reactions: Mayoman
ACC is crazy this year. Don't know what to expect from week to week.

We have a chance, but I'm not banking on it. Too many things have to fall our way. #1 is Washington losing. If that doesn't happen, we're not in. All the rest of the what ifs become moot because they're taking SEC and B-10. Clemson wins ACC and they're in. Only leaves one spot and they're not going to pass over undefeated Pac 10 team.

The only way Clemson is a shoo-in is if they go undefeated. One loss puts them back in the pack with the rest of us.

And if that loss is a blowout tonite on national TV, I'd rather be in our position...
Wrong. Pundits will still look at head to head if both Clemson and us have 1 loss. Not to mention they will make an excuse if Clemson loses in Tallahassee on FSU's home field.

Wrong. Pundits will still look at head to head if both Clemson and us have 1 loss. Not to mention they will make an excuse if Clemson loses in Tallahassee on FSU's home field.
Close loss to Clemson on their field

VS
Loss to team that we blew out on Game Day

I'll take the first one. Like I said, even more so if Clemson gets blown out tonite...

BTW, so will the pollsters. We'll be ranked over Clemson on Monday if they lose tonite by anything other than a last-second play...

BTW, so will the pollsters. We'll be ranked over Clemson on Monday if they lose tonite by anything other than a last-second play...
That's just on Monday if it happens but won't hold up the rest of the season. We have nobody left except the mighty cats.

Also we're lucky that OSU squeak out otherwise they would jump on Monday. Why because they are The Ohio state. If Nebraska beats #11 Wisconsin, they will probably jump us too. Glad Baylor lost!

That's just on Monday if it happens but won't hold up the rest of the season. We have nobody left except the mighty cats.
No one can predict the future.

And IIRC, you're one of the people who wanna play LPT regardless of how weak they are. So you and your friends have no gripe about how sorry the slapd!cks are...

No one can predict the future.

And IIRC, you're one of the people who wanna play LPT regardless of how weak they are. So you and your friends have no gripe about how sorry the slapd!cks are...
So if you had it your way, we would be playing a 6-3 Western team that lost to Vandy instead of the satisfaction of giving UK and their fans a historic beat down. I like my option!!

So if you had it your way, we would be playing a 6-3 Western team that lost to Vandy instead of the satisfaction of giving UK and their fans a historic beat down. I like my option!!
You'd have fewer complaints about your remaining schedule if a better team was on it the last weekend...

Yeah but Western ain't it and last time I checked you don't get to pick your games one by one.
Agreed, but I don't have to choose opponents at game time so I can tell whether LPT is gonna suck. They've sucked for 50 years unless they've cheated. Therefore, the other teams on the schedule have to be better to compensate for their typical suckiness and suckitude.

Some fans look at Houston as having let us down this year. To which I ask... "So?" Your "mighty cats" do that to us every year.

I know they haven't beaten anybody in Vandy, South Carolina, Miss State and Missouri but they have improved since that NM State game. They have two very good backs and if we play like we did today, it might not be as easy as we think.Let's see how they do against Georgia and then Tennessee though both of those teams are struggling. The Vols are losing to South Carolina tonight.

I know they haven't beaten anybody in Vandy, South Carolina, Miss State and Missouri but they have improved since that NM State game. They have two very good backs and if we play like we did today, it might not be as easy as we think.Let's see how they do against Georgia and then Tennessee though both of those teams are struggling. The Vols are losing to South Carolina tonight.
Yeah, we may be a little lucky this year if LPT is overrated and we need the SOS boost. But scheduling is a bigger issue than one year. We schedule the slapd!cks EVERY year, and they suck just about every year...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT