ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the new USFL

mwatson61

Four-Star Poster
Jun 14, 2005
Louisville
Apparently the Spring league from the 1980's is looking to make a return and Louisville is one of 8 markets being targeted. Personally, I'm all for it.

Reactions: Otis_Wilson
What stadium would they use?
I have no idea. Lachlan was talking about this the other day and mentioned they are just starting to raise money for the league. I might be a pipe dream but I would love to have it in Louisville. I'm guessing they would try to rent PJCS since the Fairgrounds has been condemned.

I would think PJCS might be available so long as the rent was paid in advance. Perhaps they could be the USFL's version of the "Cardinals" so there would be no need for logo changes for games. I don't really have any problem with this possibility.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Apparently the Spring league from the 1980's is looking to make a return and Louisville is one of 8 markets being targeted. Personally, I'm all for it.

No one will go to the games. Too much other stuff going on in the spring around here

Would this be anything like the short-lived UFL?
OR maybe like the other short-lived USFL.

One of the reasons for the failure of other football leagues was the lack of talent to make it exciting. Combine that with the fact that ratings for the NFL are down, why would anyone want to create a new pro-football league? What makes them think it will be successful?

We got Howard because the old USFL folded before he coached a game.

He was teamless when we called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT