ADVERTISEMENT

This can't be right... LSU RPI #162???...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
If it is, looks like I'm gonna be selling my South Regional tickets to a more financially astute fanbase.

:(

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: ACCCard
LSU isn't very good. Simmons is a stud and will be the #1 pick in the draft. He's leading them in points. rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.

They take horrbile shots, Simmons is the only play maker they have, he's the only ball handler they have, and he's only rebounder. He only played 9 minutes in the first half and they still were up 10 at halftime. We are UK's super bowl, if you don't believe me just look at Hawkins stat line against us opposed to everyone else they've played.

Lemme say this.....if there was a Stanford-Binet for basketball IQ, LSU's team would be the baseline zero. No concept of how to play O, D, or even huddle up ...truly bad.

LSU has a ton of raw talent and guys that can play ball. They do seem very unorganized and inconsistent... They make really bad decisions at times. A shame because that team could be really good. The talent is there.

Reactions: NENCHeel
LSU has a ton of raw talent and guys that can play ball. They do seem very unorganized and inconsistent... They make really bad decisions at times. A shame because that team could be really good. The talent is there.

Lpt cant even beat a bottomfeeder S-EZ team especially when they dont get coRUPPt refs...

Thanks for speaking for me, although I don't recall sending you that invitation...

The thread is about denigrating LPT so that its fans feel denigrated and compelled to come here, and to incur the wrath of U of L fans. Nowhere in there did I say I didn't want them to come here esp. if they cross the line to get themselves banned. At least I will get the opportunity to mock and ridicule them which is always good fun.

Bottom line... You don't go hunting without finding something to hunt. If you don't want to hunt with me, don't enter the forest by clicking on the thread. You might get shot by friendly fire.

But did Kentucky not win their super bowl game this year? What more can I say, we won.

Reactions: KyFord
Your record against U of L has nothing to do with a team the caliber of LPT losing to a Johnny Jones coached team. We're talking 2013 flashback here.

It's really strange that a team with that much talent has a 100+ RPI. Really says a lot about the coaching.

Is Johnny Jones the basketball version of Mark Stoops? I know Stoops doesn't bring in elite 5-star recruits so it's just somewhat similar. I just mean as far as bringing in some highly rated recruits and the team doesn't perform. That part seems pretty similar.

Again, for all lost slapd!cks... There's nothing in the header about U of L.

This is about how six 5-star kids playing for Pitino Lite and the no. 1 team in the country were humbled by Johnny Jones and the RPI no. 128 (they improved!) team nationally.

On this website, we try to stay on topic.

So? LSU would probably destroy Clemson.

Oh, I see what you're doing...

If we want to play childish games then, we beat WF a week ago who had just beaten LSU at LSU. Or, we missed a game winning shot against a team on their court who was shooting waaay above their normal percentages.

It's how he gets his jollies. He baits uk fans into the thread by saying something sarcastic about he team so he can berate them and call them slapd!cks behind the anonymity of the Internet. Then when one says something he doesn't like he goes and cries to the mod about it so it'll get deleted. It makes him feel like a big man.
You are right about most of what you posted sans a few things. Everyone knows who Zipp is. He isn't hiding behind his keyboard. He doesn't run to the Mods either. The Mods are doing what the name suggests. They are Moderating. If they see something that is inappropriate posted by a fan, the post is usually deleted. Sometimes the poster gets banned too.

See, the thing is none of this HAS to happen. Zipp preys on the ignorant and has fun doing it. He is the MASTER of annoying ignorant UofK fans. All ANY of you have to do is simply ignore him. You don't do that though because down deep, you enjoy the rhetoric or you wouldn't even bother coming here to read the posts on this board. Either get smarter, stay away, or deal with it. The choice is yours.

Cue,

If I wanted to ignore zipp, I might as well leave this message board. He sticks his nose in every thread just to say "here I am" sometimes not even contributing to the topic. Moderators are doing their job, they tolerate him and even encourage. His moniker is even against the board rules...
What? LOl. Lord knows zipp doesn't need any help from me, but his moniker is part of his real name. I don't understand how that's against board rules. Maybe you can help me understand what you meant by that. I would also like to know how you know the Mods encourage his behavior. I agree it is tolerated. They tolerate you and I as well. In closing this debate, the same free advice is offered to you. Either deal with him or ignore him or as you suggested, leave. The choice really is yours to make.

Yeah, but U of L was not preseason #1 with six five-star kids. IIRC, we were unranked with zero.

Slight difference.

Honestly I think Cal's style of play just matches up well with Pitino's style of play. RP likes to pressure the guards but UK always has good guards and tall athletic guys to use as outlets. You would have a better record against UK if you just stuck to a slower halfcourt game but RP refuses to do that. UK is always young and teams that beat UK, especially early in the season, do so by getting UK into a halfcourt/slowdown game because UK's young guys haven't worked enough on offensive execution enough by that point in the season.

Again, for all lost slapd!cks... There's nothing in the header about U of L.

This is about how six 5-star kids playing for Pitino Lite and the no. 1 team in the country were humbled by Johnny Jones and the RPI no. 128 (they improved!) team nationally.

On this website, we try to stay on topic.

Who are the six? I'm counting five of Ulis, briscoe, murray, poythress and skal. Lee was not a five star in many rankings, he was a four. Over half of our five star players are freshmen, you fail to mention that and how it negates the talent aspect some because it's hard to win big time with predominantly freshmen yet cal does it year in and year out.

Who are the six? I'm counting five of Ulis, briscoe, murray, poythress and skal. Lee was not a five star in many rankings, he was a four. Over half of our five star players are freshmen, you fail to mention that and how it negates the talent aspect some because it's hard to win big time with predominantly freshmen yet cal does it year in and year out.
Primed, come on, you know better than to post facts, that will get you nowhere.

Regardless of how much talent Calipari gets, it's young talent. These are freshman, every year. These are new teams every year that have to learn the game and develope chemistry.

Let's also not forget this, GETTING the talent to play for your school is a BIG part of being a successful college basketball coach. Calipari is the best recruiter of all time, if these kids stayed beyond their freshman year like they did in the old days then Cal would have more Titles.

Winning Championships is hard no matter how much talent you have. Kentucky has 8 in 100 years and that's the 2nd most of all time. So guess what? Calipari "just" having 1 title and 4 Final Fours in 6 years is pretty impressive.

BTW Kentucky SOS and RPI numbers are top 10 right now, the sky isn't falling.

Are you going to tell me that you seriously think 5* kids can just step on the court and win at the college level right away? Even teams that have seniors every year have issues with trying to get their teams to gel. Look at Michigan State, every year they have a bunch of good athletic juniors and seniors yet Izzo hasn't won a title in 15 years and you're going to cut down Calipari because he can't get a bunch of HS kids to win the title every year? You're smarter than that.
I'll say this, last years squad should have won it, there were mistakes made all around by everyone involved that cost UK a title. Should have won it in 2010 too but that team didn't have a shooter and it did them in. But 4 final fours in 6 years and a title is a better run than any other coach has had in the modern ERA with the exception of K. Pitino hasn't done anything like that ever and he has the same opportunities as Cal and K. He chooses to roll with 4 year guys and now 5th year transfers instead of one and done 5* guys. I wonder why he feels that is the better approach? Probably because he knows he can't win with freshmen because his style is not a good match for that.

if these kids stayed beyond their freshman year like they did in the old days then Cal would have more Titles.
Once again,if they stayed,the next class would fall apart.Why don't you guys comprehend that?

Once again,if they stayed,the next class would fall apart.Why don't you guys comprehend that?
Did the 2015 class fall apart when all the 2013 AND 2014 holdovers stayed? No. They ended up having a pretty good year IIRC.
All the kids for next year are signed and the way I look at it I see Briscoe and Skal coming back. Maybe Ulis comes back too. I still see Marcus Lee in a UK uniform next year too.

Did the 2015 class fall apart when all the 2013 AND 2014 holdovers stayed? No. They ended up having a pretty good year IIRC.
All the kids for next year are signed and the way I look at it I see Briscoe and Skal coming back. Maybe Ulis comes back too. I still see Marcus Lee in a UK uniform next year too.
Well,that's one example.Let's give you another.If Wall stays,does Knight come?If Lamb stays,does Goodwin come or if Davis stays,does Noel come?Get my drift?The answer to all of those is no.Don't twist it.Cal promotes the revolving door philosophy and all that comes with it.You guys want your cake and to eat it too.

Well,that's one example.Let's give you another.If Wall stays,does Knight come?If Lamb stays,does Goodwin come or if Davis stays,does Noel come?Get my drift?The answer to all of those is no.Don't twist it.Cal promotes the revolving door philosophy and all that comes with it.You guys want your cake and to eat it too.
How do you know the answer is no? Those players all chose UK before they knew the others were leaving. Did Ulis decommit when he found out Andrew Harrison was coming back? Did Briscoe decommit when ge found out Ulis was coming back? Didn't Bledsoe sign with UK knowing Wall was there? You are assuming but there is more info that proves you wrong. You have ZERO examples that proves you point.

Ulis?lol. Ulis was not considered an oad. Bledsoe played the 2 spot.Hell,I know your teams better than you.I have zero examples,but yours are spot on.:rolleyes:

I stand corrected on Knight.It was Teague that came after Wall and Knight replaced Teague.Does Knight come if Teague stays?

Lee was a Rivals five-star, and we're on a Rivals site. I go by what Rivals says here as long as the info is available.

Surely you're not trying to downplay your talent to somewhere between 5 and 6 five-star players? That's at least twice as many as most schools have.

You have at least one five-star kid in each class. I also doubt any other school can claim that.

That's talent, depth, and experience. Everything but championships.

OADs returning for LPT creates two problems... Takes extra schollies and diminishes their image as a OAD program which is why most kids go there.

And for most of their kids, the LAST thing they should want is one of them coming back. Poythress will mercifully move on. And they should hope that Lee and Skal do too. Freshmen busts usually become sophomore busts, etc.

Lee was a Rivals five-star, and we're on a Rivals site. I go by what Rivals says here as long as the info is available.

Surely you're not trying to downplay your talent to somewhere between 5 and 6 five-star players? That's at least twice as many as most schools have.

You have at least one five-star kid in each class. I also doubt any other school can claim that.

That's talent, depth, and experience. Everything but championships.

And we're one of the best teams in the country with those 5 stars. LSU also has 5 star players, arguably the best player in the country, depth and experience now that they have Hornsby and Victor. They put it all together against us and were at home. It wasn't a terrible loss. We're ranked in the top 15, could be much higher by the end of the season, you act like losing to an inferior opponent never happens in sports. It happens all the time in college basketball. Coach k, pitino, Roy, Izzo etc have all had very talented teams that were favored to win it all that came up short, and their players were talented and had experience. They must be considered underachievers also?

And we're one of the best teams in the country with those 5 stars...
11-6 and UNRANKED (RPI #45) UCLA 87-77
11-6 and UNRANKED (RPI #63) tOSU 74-67
9-6 and UNRANKED (RPI #129) LSU 85-67

No question, those are some impressive losses esp. with a bunch of five-star kids.

Ulis?lol. Ulis was not considered an oad. Bledsoe played the 2 spot.Hell,I know your teams better than you.I have zero examples,but yours are spot on.:rolleyes:
Bledsoe was a pg in HS, he ended up being Wall's backup. He sacrificed. Trust me, the last thing Bledsoe was was a shooting guard. I never said Ulis was considered a OAD, don't know why that matters. He could have been a star at any other program in the country but he chose to play behind Andrew. And if he comes back for his junior year Fox will not decommit.
Again, find me someone that de-committed because a player returned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT