ADVERTISEMENT

The usual "next season" predictions for UK

BrandonQuick

One-Star Poster
Dec 30, 2014
Even better than the "bigger, faster, stronger" company line, are the "U of L loses too much and will be lucky to go bowling next year" predictions. It's already started. I guess they don't realize we basically played this season with a patchwork (at-best) O'Line and an empty cupboard at QB thanks to Strong's lack of recruiting at both spots. Bobby has already addressed both needs in a big way on the recruiting trail, and we return a D-Line unit that is the best I can remember having at Louisville.

This post was edited on 12/31 9:18 PM by BrandonQuick

Originally posted by BrandonQuick:
Even better than the "bigger, faster, stronger" company line, are the "U of L loses too much and will be lucky to go bowling next year" predictions. It's already started. I guess they don't realize we basically played this season with a patchwork (at-best) O'Line and an empty cupboard at QB thanks to Strong's lack of recruiting at both spots. Bobby has already addressed both needs in a big way on the recruiting trail, and we return a D-Line unit that is the best I can remember having at Louisville.

This post was edited on 12/31 9:18 PM by BrandonQuick
They do this every year...most thought UofL would only win at most 7 Total Games and could not replace our 7 Defensive Starters from 2013...they will learn the names of Jonny Richardson, Reves, Trumaine Washington, Paul Harris and JaQuay Williams.

It must be a great sense of comfort to them to pretend that we will take a step back even if the logic is rooted in self-delusion. Meanwhile, any objective observer would look at their team, and easily deduce that making a bowl will once again be Mt. Everest for UK. They lose the best two players from a defense that was horrific to begin with. Better hope Stoops can coach up all these stellar recruits, but I think we all know the likelihood of that happening.

Reactions: zipp
SuCkS fans AND the local media have been doing this on the regular
since Redman graduated.

The cayut fans had 5 page threads BEFORE the season declaring that
The Cards will only win 7,6, or 5 games without Teddy5 and Marcus. The
ACC would chew up the Cards.

UofL was 3 plays away from 11-1 and the Orange bowl.

Their football evaluations are as relevant as breast on a Boar-
This post was edited on 1/1 2:07 PM by KerryRhodes

Reactions: American Male
All good points. Eventually, I'm sure we will have a bad season, but that hasn't happened since Steve Kragthorpe was here. John L. never had a losing record, Bobby hasn't had a losing record. We've also consistently beat the snot out of UK. The overall record is skewed by the hiring of the worst D-1 football coach that ever existed.

If those blue necks don't go to a bowl game next year with that schedule they have they NEVER will again.

It is a statement about the history of sUcKs football that they are more concerned with us coming down to their level than they are with raising the fortunes of their own program. Some of them are completely obsessed with UofL; we cheat, Jurich has the NCAA/media in his pocket, we are thugs, line beards, when Hurrt's paid for QB leaves we will fall, when his paid for recruits finally all leave we will fall etc etc. Same regurgitated crap year in year out. When all else fails ... We are SEC, we beat the SEC more often than they do for goodness sake.

Originally posted by Premier09:
It is a statement about the history of sUcKs football that they are more concerned with us coming down to their level than they are with raising the fortunes of their own program. Some of them are completely obsessed with UofL; we cheat, Jurich has the NCAA/media in his pocket, we are thugs, line beards, when Hurrt's paid for QB leaves we will fall, when his paid for recruits finally all leave we will fall etc etc. Same regurgitated crap year in year out. When all else fails ... We are SEC, we beat the SEC more often than they do for goodness sake.
Now they are living through "Georgia Football/Grumpy"...maybe one day they can handle the job of beating UofL...it is the classic case of I'm tired of you beating us so imma get my "Big Brother/Georgia".

As T-Bone was getting at, they would have to try hard NOT to get bowl eligible. Eight home games, including, UL-L, EKU, and Charlotte.

The UK football fan does a lot of wishful thinking. We beat them for the 5th straight next year. Might get one of those 27 year streaks started on them, like Florida.

Agreed about their schedule. What a joke! 8 home games and the teams they play OOC outside of UL is pretty weak. Good luck to them they need it.

What I love is the fact they seems to forget we beat them with our 3rd string QB. Who barely played at all this year.

We get a couple more and they will drop the series. They don't have any pride anyway so why not drop us and schedule a patsy.
Originally posted by cards62878:
The UK football fan does a lot of wishful thinking. We beat them for the 5th straight next year. Might get one of those 27 year streaks started on them, like Florida.

What UK fans fail to realize is they couldn't win in a year where the SEC East was way down. Nothing changes next year. Where are they going to get wins in the SEC?

1) Vandy-very rough start for their new coach.
2) Missouri-Very solid program but talent wise not much different than UK.
2) Florida-this won't stay this way but they are even ranked recruiting wise. Ton of talent but first year coach.
3) South Carolina-they will be much better defensively.
4) Tennessee-younger than UK this year and recruiting is great.
5) Georgia-tough to beat at UGA
6) Miss St-tough to beat at MSU
7) Alabama or LSU not happening

The Louisville game will be a toss up and more than likely a game that will decide their bowl fate again.

I'll bet right now the UL game will not be a tossup.

Anything can happen, but I'll put a futures bet that UL will be the fav by more than this year. > 3.5 IIRC

Originally posted by Rollem Cards:

Anything can happen, but I'll put a futures bet that UL will be the fav by more than this year. > 3.5 IIRC
Don't think so either...historically Petrino second teams are always much better then his first year record.

Originally posted by BrandonQuick:
It must be a great sense of comfort to them to pretend that we will take a step back even if the logic is rooted in self-delusion. Meanwhile, any objective observer would look at their team, and easily deduce that making a bowl will once again be Mt. Everest for UK. They lose the best two players from a defense that was horrific to begin with. Better hope Stoops can coach up all these stellar recruits, but I think we all know the likelihood of that happening.
I think UK's road to a Bowl is tougher next year than this year, even with the 8 home games. UK's two SEC wins this season are on the road, much tougher games. Do UK fans really think they're going to beat SC two years in a row?

Stoops isn't a failure, the jury's still out. But one thing you pointed at, he hasn't exactly coached his team up. Especially if you look at their results in the 2nd half of Stoops' two years at UK. You can't give him a ton of blame for the results, but it's just a fact he's not getting anyone to play way above their level and win any games they shouldn't.

I have to admit I bought into the hype of Louisville struggling with the departure of 3 1st rounders including Teddy. But this team showed resilience against adversity all year long. And unlike Stoops, Petrino did coach up his OL. I think with the transfers coming in and decent recruiting, UofL should have similar results to this year if not better.

Reactions: zipp
Originally posted by thecycle21:
What UK fans fail to realize is they couldn't win in a year where the SEC East was way down...They also fail to realize--always--that other teams try to improve besides themselves.

Not only was the SEC East down, but it was a combined 4-10 against the teams in the West. And we just saw how those teams fared (2-5) in their bowl games.

LPT missed a big opportunity this year with a soft SEC, three easy OOC wins besides Louisville, and U of L with a coaching change and the loss of Bridgewater. Those planets may not align again for a long time.

LPT Football: Land of the missed opportunities...

Last edited:

Louisville could switch rosters with the Denver Broncos and those turds would still think the game is a tossup or that they should win. They've done the same thing with Mizzou for all 3 years they've been in the league and the games haven't been close. They count Mizzou as a sure win every year and I've no idea why. Oh wait. . . yes I do. They are the dumbest fans in America and are particularly clueless when it comes to that sport with the oblong ball.

Originally posted by CardFan1130:

Louisville could switch rosters with the Denver Broncos and those turds would still think the game is a tossup or that they should win. They've done the same thing with Mizzou for all 3 years they've been in the league and the games haven't been close. They count Mizzou as a sure win every year and I've no idea why. Oh wait. . . yes I do. They are the dumbest fans in America and are particularly clueless when it comes to that sport with the oblong ball.
That's a great point about Missouri. And UK's biggest moment of last year's off-season was when Franklin took the Penn State job. Always, their biggest hope is trying to capitalize on other SEC teams' down years. As Zipp pointed out, last year was probably the lowest we've seen the SEC as a whole in a generation, and the SEC East was extremely weak compared to past years. Still, UK couldn't make a Bowl.

I think Tennessee may be getting ready to move back up a bit in the league, and UK totally failed to capitalize on UT's down time.

If Stoops had proven he's the kind of coach that can coach up players and win as an underdog I'd think UK had better prospects. While he's recruited well, he's never going to have better talent than anyone in the SEC except for Vandy. If he can't coach UK up I just don't know where they go from here except back down. Maybe 5 wins was the peak?

Originally posted by Mike'sMarbles:

I think Tennessee may be getting ready to move back up a bit in the league, and UK totally failed to capitalize on UT's down time.
I'll say! 50-16 and it wasn't that close. Thing is those turds have the shortest memories of anyone and they're back to being a bigger, faster and stronger juggernaut. Sems like they're more interested in recruiting wins than anything on the field but the truth is that almost every year their recruiting class is going to rank no better than 11th or 12th in the SEC.

The usual "we'll be better but Louisville gets worse and everybody else remains stuck in neutral" thinking on that silly board. They've scheduled three OOC wins. Who else can they beat? South Carolina. It has to be killing USCjr and Vandy that they lost to them.

They're banking on the 3 cupcakes, UL, Vandy, Mizzou (like always), Florida (because it is at that hornet's nest Commonwealth Stadium), Miss. St. (because that's always a sure win---even though they've lost 5 or 6 in a row). So 8-4 at a minimum but most likely 9-3 because. . . bigger, faster and stronger AND recruits!!!!
Amazingly one of our very own trolls KeepingitReal74 is over there calling for 8 wins at a minimum. They never disappoint
This post was edited on 1/3 7:42 PM by CardFan1130

Cat fan coming in peace. . have you forgotten that we played you tight last year and were a dropped gimmie interception away from winning this year.

We are also had 4 wins (maybe 5, but I need to check) in a row over you not so long ago.

We are winning the recruiting battle by a large margin, moreover your pipelines are shut down, we are winning the in state battles, even in Louisville. Joker left us in very bad shape, don't discount that your recent win streak is on his shoulders.

Not trying to start a fight but the future looks very bright for the Cats, especially against UL.

This post was edited on 1/5 8:09 PM by WLGenerals

Originally posted by WLGenerals:
Cat fan coming in peace. . have you forgotten that we played you tight last year and were a dropped gimmie interception away from winning this year.

We are also had 4 wins (maybe 5, but I need to check) in a row over you not so long ago.

We are winning the recruiting battle by a large margin, moreover your pipelines are shut down, we are winning the in state battles, even in Louisville. Joker left us in very bad shape, don't discount that your recent win streak is on his shoulders.

Not trying to start a fight but the future looks very bright for the Cats, especially against UL.

1. Louisville also dropped a Pick 6 as well.
2. Kentucky had a Pick 6, a Fumble Return for a TD, A Blocked Punt and was +2 in Turnovers and still loss...do you realize how hard that is to do.
3. Don't go Recruiting Rankings...Missouri Recruiting Ranking Average according to Rivals was 42nd in the Nation...they still won Back to Back SEC East Titles...also Louisville average was in that same time period was even lower yet Louisville best school that had Top 10 Classes like Notre Dame...until UK proves it can beat a Petrino Louisville team then speak.
One last thing....according to Rivals Louisville has a higher ranked class and they are not done...still recruiting a pair of 4* Players.
This post was edited on 1/5 8:24 PM by The Public Enemy

Not sure how you think your winning by a large margin. For 2015 class UK 29th and UL 31st. We have some studs transfers that not even included in the rankings. And your 4 wins were with Kragthorpe at UL. As long as we have Petrino gonna be a while before UK wins again. If he can beat you at Western will have no problem at UL. And BTW when recruting is over fo 2015 we will be a head.

Actually according to Rivals it is Louisville 28th and Kemtucky 35th...and last I checked Louisville is still getting players out of Florida and Miami...probably listens to Matt Jones for his Louisville info...lol.

For some reason I could not get Rivals to pull up, but at 24/7 which is a composite view, KY is 29 and UL is 31. Moreover, we are sitting at 17 commits right now compared to your 25. That makes all the difference in the world in the rankings. We are waiting for players, etc. You are full so if anything your ranking will go down.

Time will tell, but I like our chances. Especially in Commonwealth this year and for many years to come. Surely you can see that this is not Joker Phillips's KY team. Better recruits and better coaches that are in demand (Marrow did turn down Michigan). It just takes a bit of time to get over the wreck and lack of recruiting we were left with.

Cardsp if you want to take a gentleman's bet (money or a gift certificate to your favorite restaurant) I will bet KY finishes ahead of UL in recruiting rankings for 2015. Scout, Rivals and 24/7.

FYI, Due to early Enrollees Louisville can sign up to 29 players for 2015....also Louisville is in very good shape with several 4* Players and just a word or warning...Commitment List change a Lot this month.

Also, check out what schools like Missouri, TCU, Baylor, Michigan State end Georgia Tech have done the past 4 years...roughly averaged around 40th Nationally in regsrds to Recruiting yet they won Confernce and New Years Six Bowl Games and Conference Titles...schools like Texas, Florida, Michigan etc...etc. With Top 15 Classes for the past 4 years have struggled...more about Player Development and Talent Evaluation then Star Rating...also here is the link to the Rivals Rankings.

Rivals Team Rankings

Cardsp if you want to take a gentleman's bet (money or a gift certificate to your favorite restaurant) I will bet KY finishes ahead of UL in recruiting rankings for 2015. Scout, Rivals and 24/7.
Hate to tell you but right now it is very possible that Louisville Class will Finish between 25-30...expect at the end of the day Louisville signed 29 on National Letter of Intent Day...already has 7 Early Enrollees and not even Counting players already on the Roster like Paul Harris-(2013 4* WR and Former Tennessee Starter), Josh Harvey-Clemson-(Former 5* Player and Georgis Starter), JaQuay Williams-(Former 4* WR & USA Army All American) and Shaq Wiggins-(Former Georgia Starter as a True Freshmen in 2013).

I agree, the rankings don't tell the entire story, but you have seen a marked improvement in UK's since Stoops and crew came on board. . We were in the 60's or worse, signing MAC or CUSA type players, certainly not the caliber of SEC or even the ACC.
Again, time will tell, we should get Harris this week (and he is in the same caliber as Chubb) and have numerous high 3 to 4 star quality players that have us in their finals. We are already doing well for 2016.

Give credit were credit is due, we are making progress

I agree, the rankings don't tell the entire story, but you have seen a marked improvement in UK's since Stoops and crew came on board. . We were in the 60's or worse, signing MAC or CUSA type players, certainly not the caliber of SEC or even the ACC.
Again, time will tell, we should get Harris this week (and he is in the same caliber as Chubb) and have numerous high 3 to 4 star quality players that have us in their finals. We are already doing well for 2016.

Give credit were credit is due, we are making progress
Never said UK wasn't making progress...only saying that is just a step...until they get on Campus and I say this with Louisville as well they are just "guys" in shorts...might as well be playing Basketball...want to see what they do in Pads.

The true test for Stoops is Player Development...we are not going to worry about that here because we seem what Petrimo has done with low ranked Recruits...Eric Wood was a 2* Recruit...ended up a 1st Round Pick and one of the best linemen in the NFL...Will Gay, Gary Barnidge, Breno Giancomini, Amobi Okoye are still in the league from his 1st Stint and Today James Sample who many had as an afterthought and a Louisville Petrino Recruit just announced he is heading to the NFL...My point being is as long as Petrino is at Louisville we will not really worry about Recruiting and right now Louisville is on the verge of it best Recruiting Class Ever...you may add Damien Harris but Many Consider Louisville the Leader for Dexter Williams the 4* Elite RB out of Florida...

For some reason I could not get Rivals to pull up, but at 24/7 which is a composite view, KY is 29 and UL is 31. Moreover, we are sitting at 17 commits right now compared to your 25. That makes all the difference in the world in the rankings. We are waiting for players, etc. You are full so if anything your ranking will go down.

Time will tell, but I like our chances. Especially in Commonwealth this year and for many years to come. Surely you can see that this is not Joker Phillips's KY team. Better recruits and better coaches that are in demand (Marrow did turn down Michigan). It just takes a bit of time to get over the wreck and lack of recruiting we were left with.
Be honest with yourself Uk has been getting false hope for how many years and how many coaches? Mumme, Phillips, Joker we heard the same. You can get excited about rankigs etc, but they don't mean much. UL has put more 2 and 3 stars in NFL and Randall Cobb for UK was a 2 star. In 2011 UK class ranked 32 in 2012 ranked 31 and 2009 class 27th. So Stoops not much better.

Transfers,much like JUCO are a gamble. Our running back Heard was a 5 star but lost the starting job to Jo Jo, a true freshman 4 star by year end. AJ Stamps was a 2 star transfer but ended up one of our best players.

Stoops has done it the right way in red shirting. We played the skill players because we had to, we were very short handed with WR, and the running backs we had got recruited over.

This is a message board so everyone has their opinion and of course are loyal to their team.

Honest question, are you guys not bothered at all about how you get your transfers? Seems like most have been in trouble before they get to UL. Dyer is a great example and that only begins the list.

Transfers,much like JUCO are a gamble. Our running back Heard was a 5 star but lost the starting job to Jo Jo, a true freshman 4 star by year end. AJ Stamps was a 2 star transfer but ended up one of our best players.

Stoops has done it the right way in red shirting. We played the skill players because we had to, we were very short handed with WR, and the running backs we had got recruited over.

This is a message board so everyone has their opinion and of course are loyal to their team.

Honest question, are you guys not bothered at all about how you get your transfers? Seems like most have been in trouble before they get to UL. Dyer is a great example and that only begins the list.
James Sample worked out just fine as did Gerald Christian ....I know Auburn not sad about taking Cam Newton when he Transferred from Florida and I doubt Wisconsin is shedding tears when they took Russell Wilson...wait until in about 2 Weeks when Braxton Miller transfers from Ohio State.

Been hearing that crap for 40 years. YAWN!! You aren't winning anything "by a large margin". Congrats on the "in state battles" though. Kentucky is such a fertile ground for DI football prospects. Much like Florida one could build a team just on in state players alone. Oh wait. . . no you can't. We hear the same crap year after year. Wasn't Patty Towles the savior we were supposed to be jealous of a couple of years ago? He's awful. It's always NEXT YEAR in Lexingtown.

Was Hatcher,Tubbs and Ashley transfers for UK?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT