ADVERTISEMENT

The MYTH that UK is "closer" to U of L after last year's game

Zipp's take on this situation is spot on. By the way, I was banned "over there" for suggesting that our qb was better than their qb. Imagine that. So I would suggest that our uakay visitors try to understand the concept of a free flow of ideas and opinions.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
I got banned for bringing up to the guy who is always harping on Clint Hurt that CMS was a coach at Miami when all the Shapiro stuff was going down.

I'm fine talking about the topic, a Louisville brought up second chances. And Louisville is all about that. If you're good enough that is.
Bill, looks like the folks at Big Ole Bama haven't learned anything from their mistakes...

Give us Devonte

So, who do I wanna emulate in football, Bama or LPT?

LPT Football: No one wants to be like us...

If you think Bama wanted fields and we're just waiting to see if he was cleared at Louisville, I've got some property to sell you.
Surely you're not that gullible Zipp

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. But what rationale would Bama have for letting that info out? They were gonna take a kid that had off the field domestic issues if he weren't cleared at Louisville, even though they just caught tons of heat for doing the exact same thing and it backfired on them? They didn't have a glaring need for him, it just appears like a cya by someone at Louisville, but that's just my opinion too.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. But what rationale would Bama have for letting that info out? They were gonna take a kid that had off the field domestic issues if he weren't cleared at Louisville, even though they just caught tons of heat for doing the exact same thing and it backfired on them? They didn't have a glaring need for him, it just appears like a cya by someone at Louisville, but that's just my opinion too.
Sorry, Bill. That's a lotta LPT mumbo jumbo trying to rationalize why/how the best football team in the beloved SEC is guilty of the same crimes that sanctimonious LPT fans wanna lay at U of L's feet.

Maybe you oughta start questioning your own neighbors before matriculating to our neighborhood. Or keep coming here uninformed and subject yourself to this same abuse. Your choice.

LPT Football: We ain't too smart...

Reactions: atiba
Sorry, Bill. That's a lotta LPT mumbo jumbo trying to rationalize why/how the best football team in the beloved SEC is guilty of the same crimes that sanctimonious LPT fans wanna lay at U of L's feet.

Maybe you oughta start questioning your own neighbors before matriculating to our neighborhood. Or keep coming here uninformed and subject yourself to this same abuse. Your choice.

LPT Football: We ain't too smart...

Mumbo jumbo lol, it's standard operating procedure cya, why on earth would Bama release that info? Just give me a good educated guess Zipp. Why would aSaban after what he just went through go that route again when they don't need him?
Zipp, I know you know this, it's was leaked by Louisville and im not criticizing them, it's smart. Hell, if UK wanted him I'd have pause at first but trust the staff had done their due diligence and I'd root like hell for him, just like you.

Mumbo jumbo lol, it's standard operating procedure cya, why on earth would Bama release that info? Just give me a good educated guess Zipp. Why would aSaban after what he just went through go that route again when they don't need him?
Zipp, I know you know this, it's was leaked by Louisville and im not criticizing them, it's smart. Hell, if UK wanted him I'd have pause at first but trust the staff had done their due diligence and I'd root like hell for him, just like you.

Because Saban knows that WINNING is the ONLY thing that matters at Alabama. Not moral victories. But ACTUAL victories.

And he thought there may be a chance to pick up a HUGE talent, to upgrade his defense. It's ain't rocket science, bro.

By the way -- Saban didn't release the info. His approach to Fields was made public, prolly by a relative (or someone else) close to Fields.

You UK guys sure have a lot to learn about college football. If you paid attention after mid-October, you'd probably pick some things up, being in the conference you are in.

That's my whole point Pervis, Bama was not going to take Fields if he didn't get accepted at Louisville. The SEC has banned teams from taking players dismissed for domestic violence, so Bama would've had to get a waiver from the conference. It's nothing but cover for Louisville. If you believe anything other than that you're naive.

You're right it's not rocket science, it's blatantly obvious what the point of releasing that. No need to get uptight about it, it is what it is. Hopefully the young man learned from his mistake, and will be a productive player for Louisville.

Just so I have this straight... LPT Bill says that U of L has implicated Bama in this Fields situation, as cover, and in the face of national scrutiny, Bama is so far sitting back and doing nothing. Presumably because they don't care.

Is that the LPT version of reality, Bill?

LPT Football: In our own little world...

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
That's my whole point Pervis, Bama was not going to take Fields if he didn't get accepted at Louisville. The SEC has banned teams from taking players dismissed for domestic violence, so Bama would've had to get a waiver from the conference. It's nothing but cover for Louisville. If you believe anything other than that you're naive.

You're right it's not rocket science, it's blatantly obvious what the point of releasing that. No need to get uptight about it, it is what it is. Hopefully the young man learned from his mistake, and will be a productive player for Louisville.

Well Bill ESPN is the on that passed off this information and they would not put this out unless they had verified it. Also Saban picked up Jonathan Taylor who Transferred out of Georgia who had the same issue as Fields...they had to release when he did the same thing in Tuscaloosa this past Spring.

As far as the Fields situation and the SEC rule th Chargers were dropped so very likely IMO he would have gotten around that rule.

FTR...I'm not for Fields being here-(have a problem with Domestic Violence) but it is not my call...but it is very apparent that in P5 Football Talent Trumps a lot of issues...it is what it is

Last edited:
Well Bill ESPN is the on that passed off this information and they would not put this out unless they had verified it. Also Saban picked up Jonathan Taylor who Transferred out of Georgia who had the same issue as Fields...they had to release when he did the same thing in Tuscaloosa this past Spring.

As far as the Fields situation and the SEC rule th Chargers were dropped so very likely IMO he would have gotten around that rule.

FTR...I'm not for Fields being here-(have a problem with Domestic Violence) but it is not my call...but it is very apparent that in P5 Football Talent Trumps a lot of issues...it is what it is

That's why I said they wouldn't have taken him. Saman caught big time heat for taking that kid and it blowing up in his face.

Just so I have this straight... LPT Bill says that U of L has implicated Bama in this Fields situation, as cover, and in the face of national scrutiny, Bama is so far sitting back and doing nothing. Presumably because they don't care.

Is that the LPT version of reality, Bill?

LPT Football: In our own little world...

What national scrutiny? If you listened to SEC media days last week you'd have heard aSaban say he and his coaching staff will have a break this week before camp starts. So no one is there to be questioned, and by the time they get back this will all be blown over.

There's a lot more probability in that than Bama telling this kid they were going to take him if he wasn't accepted at Louisville.

Its called justifying a decision to take a kid that got in legal problems. It doesn't matter he's on your team and any time someone mentions his issues you can say, well Bama was going to take him. Job complete.

Saban caught big time heat for taking that kid and it blowing up in his face.

Yeah, they probably threatened to send him to the unemployment line if he tried a stunt like that again.

The guy owns the state. He doesn't catch heat for anything. He could say the most politically incorrect things during all his pressers and they'd still offer to wipe his ass after he takes his morning dump.

Do you realize how silly you're making yourself sound by saying Saban is catching heat?

Heat from who? A couple sportswriters that grow tired of talking about Alabama winning all the time? Oh yeah man that's some real tight around the collar for Saban stuff.

The alumni will toss his salad as long as he keeps winning his 10 games per year and is a reg in the playoffs.

You seem a little clueless about all this. The #1 college football coach of our era is catching heat for signing a bad boy. You just cannot make this stuff up.

Heads up Saban the walls are closing in on you per.... Bill the UK fan.

WOWSERS!

Reactions: Section 12 Jerk

Unless you can show me in the SEC bylaws/rules/governing docs that what you asserted in bold above is in fact true ... I'm calling complete and total bullsh!t on that.

There are too many instances showing otherwise for this to be true.

Pervis it actually is a rule the SEC instituted.

And I support their hard stance on it. Now if they can address the widespread cheating that goes down up and down the league, then I'll really give them some props.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ts-histories-domestic-violence-sexual-assault

Good catch ... and this was just instituted, obviously, since Bama just tried to land Taylor out of Georgia.

The relevant Devonte Fields part of this rule is here -- "Should charges be dropped or should a player receive a not guilty verdict that could clear his/her name, Sankey said the commissioner could consider approving a transfer via waiver." -- as this is Devonte's situation. I don't see how the commissioner would have NOT allowed an SEC team to take Devonte, as it seems to me they'd face legal issues for denying an innocent kid admittance.

My bad Bill ...

Pervis, we're all just going around in circles. If I had a dime for every time I was wrong about something I could have retired a long time ago.

The bottom line is all programs go after the best players they can get. In some instances, coaching staffs take great pleasure in helping guys turn their lives around. Some take advantage of the opportunity, some do not.

The constant pointing @ character of players on a team is just a diversion and a tunnel vision premise. Guys like Winston and Newton hoist trophies and get drafted first. They are lawbreakers. They get their second, third, or fourth chances, whatever it is, because they are talented. That's how the business of football operates.

The idea that Nick Saban of all people, is catching heat is really funny to me. If somebody thinks that's really happening, they are just a bit out of touch with the topic. What I have learned is Bill might have a chance to apply for the Bama job if Saban does not start towing the line and doing the right things.

Seriously yo.

If we don't do things the way Kentucky does, I consider that a very good thing. Arrest records > than message board opinions...keep it classy big blue

Our last coach graduated 93 of his 97 recruits. Petrino seems to be on similar track. That is the sort of thing Jurich - the mad cheater - insists on. Among the reasons why kids didn't graduate is the problem of the NFL offering them careers.

UK and UofL - different galaxies.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Senore2006 hits the nail on the head. Guys this Bill is . . . well . . . an idiot for coming over here and stirring up this very false and dubious crap. He obviously has a problem admitting the error of his ways.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I'm not stirring anything up, I didn't even bring it up, and I clearly stated I don't blame Louisville for taking the kid. But the statement released about Bama is clearly cover, ask yourself who benefitted by that little nugget being released, theres your answer.

I haven't read this thread in a while and just picked up with the last couple of comments. Nothing about the game just uk fans babbling about certain eligible players not meeting their "honor" code or whatever it is they're bitching about. Who freaking cares if you don't like the players, you have to play against them. Can you beat them or not?

My gosh, how stupid is it to come over here whining about not liking the player?

You have to play against them so what is the purpose of all your whining?

Do these idiots live in a vacuum are the really this stupid? Anyone who plays this stupid "we have good kids and they have thugs" (as if it even matters to begin with) is just a lazy tool who really has nothing to say. Any rational person (there's your first clue as to what their problem is) will know that with Division I football, with 90 young men (many from rough backgrounds and broken homes) there are ALWAYS incidents with some of them, all programs have it, it is a fact of life.

Anyone who wants to come off as all of our players are honorable, honest, high character choir boys while all of yours are psycho convicts is just an idiot. My gosh, all programs have this. Heck without even looking anything up I can remember uk guys getting into a bar brawl, a guy crashing his car intoxicated, a guy beating up his girlfriend (Central HS player), Tubman charged with rape, uk's quarterback running from the police station hiding his face from cameras with a piece of paper, heck some guy driving drunk crashing and killing teammates.

Every program has issues with 90 football players. EVERYONE does. They then want to play this character game as if we don't have issues but you do. It doesn't even have anything to do with the game. How does picking out a few players on the opponents team that have troubled pasts and then bringing it up and bitching about it have anything to do with anything? They're eligible, they're on the team, you have to play them. Quit bitching. I guess they think they're going to lose since they want to talk about everyone's past instead of football.

Bill you've pretty much produced the same post repeatedly going on about 4-5 pages now.

Let's mix it up this go around.

Elaborate on this "heat Saban has received" premise of yours. I'd love to read you speak more to this. He getting run out of town now? They move his parking spot? His $ no longer "good" in Tuscaloosa?

What is this heat man? Who is they? Just how "hot" is it getting for Saban?

I'll hang up and listen.

This thread is getting us through the off season pretty well ... started on June 2, it is now 15 pages long. And I guess it could keep growing after the season starts, especially when LPT loses to Louisiana Lafayette on September 5.

;)

...But the statement released about Bama is clearly cover, ask yourself who benefitted by that little nugget being released, theres your answer.
So, explain further because I'm dense... What type of "cover" did U of L need this week? We already had the kid signed up several months ago. Whatever fallout that created was already addressed and endured. I saw nothing in the news this month resurrecting all of that. In fact, by allegedly linking Alabama without basis in your opinion, U of L has REOPENED the issue at some level. You really think Jurich is that stupid strategically?

Not to mention you're also "implying" (my favorite LPT Bill word) that ESPN can be manipulated and is allowing itself to be manipulated by U of L. That they're evidently that stupid too.

LPT Football: We're not stupid--everyone else is...

Nick Saban caught heat from the Alabama media for taking the kid from Georgia after he got in trouble again at Alabama. His job is not in jeopardy, but the media still raised a stink about it, because Alabama recruits well enough that they don't need to put the program in that kind of situation. If you didn't hear about it then you don't listen to much college sports shows because it was on constantly.

Zipp, why bring up the Bama option? The same reason you brought it up the other day, it gives creedence to Louisville taking him if Alabama was going to take him if they couldn't. Louisville was trying to deflect some of the criticism they thought they might get for taking the kid. It doesn't matter, no one besides out 2 fanbases cares, and in a week when camp starts no one will care at all.

Nick Saban caught heat from the Alabama media

Oh no! No. No Bill. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is he gonna be ok Bill?

His job is not in jeopardy,

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I love Bill. Great job Bill. Thanks for the "411"
Maybe if the Bammers don't want him any more we can bring him onto the staff as coach in waiting. Those deals work pretty good.

I haven't read this thread in a while and just picked up with the last couple of comments. Nothing about the game just uk fans babbling about certain eligible players not meeting their "honor" code or whatever it is they're bitching about. Who freaking cares if you don't like the players, you have to play against them. Can you beat them or not?

My gosh, how stupid is it to come over here whining about not liking the player?

You have to play against them so what is the purpose of all your whining?

Do these idiots live in a vacuum are the really this stupid? Anyone who plays this stupid "we have good kids and they have thugs" (as if it even matters to begin with) is just a lazy tool who really has nothing to say. Any rational person (there's your first clue as to what their problem is) will know that with Division I football, with 90 young men (many from rough backgrounds and broken homes) there are ALWAYS incidents with some of them, all programs have it, it is a fact of life.

Anyone who wants to come off as all of our players are honorable, honest, high character choir boys while all of yours are psycho convicts is just an idiot. My gosh, all programs have this. Heck without even looking anything up I can remember uk guys getting into a bar brawl, a guy crashing his car intoxicated, a guy beating up his girlfriend (Central HS player), Tubman charged with rape, uk's quarterback running from the police station hiding his face from cameras with a piece of paper, heck some guy driving drunk crashing and killing teammates.

Every program has issues with 90 football players. EVERYONE does. They then want to play this character game as if we don't have issues but you do. It doesn't even have anything to do with the game. How does picking out a few players on the opponents team that have troubled pasts and then bringing it up and bitching about it have anything to do with anything? They're eligible, they're on the team, you have to play them. Quit bitching. I guess they think they're going to lose since they want to talk about everyone's past instead of football.

Great post, you said it much better than me.

Louisville has its issues, and I don't think we're the best or the worst, probably about on par with the majority. To imply we're one of the worst is disingenuous To imply we are win first at all costs while UK is the holy trinity of goodness, niceness and morality is a delusion.

Louisville has its issues, and I don't think we're the best or the worst, probably about on par with the majority. To imply we're one of the worst is disingenuous To imply we are win first at all costs while UK is the holy trinity of goodness, niceness and morality is a delusion.

P.S. - Nick Saban's job is not in jeopardy.

You guys are completely missing my point about this. I'm not blaming Louisville for taking the kid, Zipp brought it up about Bama wanting him he diidn't qualify at Louisville. I simply pointed out that the story sounded like garbage to me, thats it. Pure smokescreen thats it, I'm not calling Louisville dirty or UK clean, just what I saw this as.

...Zipp, why bring up the Bama option? The same reason you brought it up the other day, it gives creedence to Louisville taking him if Alabama was going to take him if they couldn't. Louisville was trying to deflect some of the criticism they thought they might get for taking the kid. It doesn't matter, no one besides out 2 fanbases cares, and in a week when camp starts no one will care at all.
No, you conveniently dodged the question... It's "why bring up the Bama option NOW?"

This Fields issue is old enough to have hair on it. Since you're so good at reading people's minds, tell us what strategic value there is for Tom Jurich NOW to suck Alabama into this issue? And how U of L and ESPN think they can get away with it?

LPT Football: "Delusional" doesn't fully describe us...

Bill I'm just having some fun w/ you. Yes, I'm trying to prove a point about this sub-topic but I am enjoying your presence on the board.

As I said, it's damning by faint praise to say he's better than the average LPT fan. But he's still delusional as hell...

LPT Football: Fanbase prerequisite.

As I said, it's damning by faint praise to say he's better than the average LPT fan. But he's still delusional as hell...

LPT Football: Fanbase prerequisite.
Thanks...I think ;) You know as well as I do programs everywhere do these kinds of things. The kid is considered a high risk kid, if it appears that the top program in the nation was going to take a chance on him if he did'nt qualify it relieves some pressure UofL might have gotten for taking him Zipp, thats not delusional.

It's similar to politicians releasing bad info on friday evenings of a holiday weekend, less pressure from the media.

Bill I'm not sure I'm following you here as far as BAMA goes, but I will say this. I would love to see football have more of a priority in the state, as I do believe state wide there is more talent football wise than is currently being developed. I am also hoping that Stoops can make UK competitive in the SEC I would really love to see it. That being said I am a BAMA fan and wouldn't cheer for Jesus H. Christ against them and can tell you without a shadow of a doubt Nick Saban does whatever he wants, and when he says crap everyone in BAMA squats and makes grunting noises. I haven't read the article in question been busy the last couple days but if the article says that he wasn't gonna take this kid until Louisville turned him away I'm having a hard time believing it. The only reason Taylor was dismissed is because the SEC commissioner would have been on a rampage. Otherwise Saban does what he wants, watch a presser some time he could care less about the media and unless the conference is gonna get involved he don't worry much about Battle either.

...You know as well as I do programs everywhere do these kinds of things. The kid is considered a high risk kid, if it appears that the top program in the nation was going to take a chance on him if he did'nt qualify it relieves some pressure UofL might have gotten for taking him Zipp, thats not delusional.

It's similar to politicians releasing bad info on friday evenings of a holiday weekend, less pressure from the media.
Dodging it again. And you got the balls to talk about politicians?

LPT Football: Only players and coaches get castrated...

Bill I'm not sure I'm following you here as far as BAMA goes, but I will say this. I would love to see football have more of a priority in the state, as I do believe state wide there is more talent football wise than is currently being developed. I am also hoping that Stoops can make UK competitive in the SEC I would really love to see it. That being said I am a BAMA fan and wouldn't cheer for Jesus H. Christ against them and can tell you without a shadow of a doubt Nick Saban does whatever he wants, and when he says crap everyone in BAMA squats and makes grunting noises. I haven't read the article in question been busy the last couple days but if the article says that he wasn't gonna take this kid until Louisville turned him away I'm having a hard time believing it. The only reason Taylor was dismissed is because the SEC commissioner would have been on a rampage. Otherwise Saban does what he wants, watch a presser some time he could care less about the media and unless the conference is gonna get involved he don't worry much about Battle either.
Just when I was regretting spending a half hour getting caught up on this thread, two posts from the end, I get this gem. Totally worth it. Thanks.

Reactions: jarheadky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT