ADVERTISEMENT

The MYTH that UK is "closer" to U of L after last year's game

Alabama is the best football team in the SEC over the last decade. Yet...

"Most P5 Colleges"

Once again, Bill proving what he knows.

LPT Football: Choir boys...

Zipp I think Bill would be pretty surprised if he went up and down rosters and counted up violaters of the law. He's coming at us with tunnel vision, because... it's better to talk about that than the ACTUAL TOPIC YOU CREATED.

Could somebody please tell me how Jeremiah Masoli ended up at Ole Miss and not UofL after Oregon kicked him off the team? I'm asking for a friend.

Wow guys, a little defensive, I apologize. But Louisville is perceived as a landing spot for troubled kids. Even the national media perceives it that way.

Anyway, I apologize

Zipp I think Bill would be pretty surprised if he went up and down rosters and counted up violaters of the law. He's coming at us with tunnel vision, because... it's better to talk about that than the ACTUAL TOPIC YOU CREATED.

I'm fine talking about the topic, a Louisville brought up second chances. And Louisville is all about that. If you're good enough that is.

Better to educate yourself than to apologize.

LPT Football: We don't need no ejumacation...

I'm fine talking about the topic, a Louisville brought up second chances...
For the record, PG's first reference was to the holier-than-thou attitude among your fanbase.

And then you made his point for him.

LPT Football: We're good at that...

I can't believe Bill hasn't been banned. Plus as someone said, he knows nothing about the subject matter he tries to discuss outside of what he reads over at Cat Paw cesspool. Typical know nothing UK football fan. Dumbest in America

Look Zipp, it's not holier than thou, you guys have brought in more kids kicked off teams than most P5 schools , and certainly any that's reached Louisvilles success.
Fans of opposing schools are going to bring it up, it's a soft easy target. I don't blame you for defending your schools position. If it were reversed we'd both be on different sides of the argument and we both know it.
What I think or you think has no bearing on the teams, we're just jabbing each other. I don't have anything against you or anyone else here, and I hope you guys feel the same of me.
I'll knock it off, I'm a guest here.

Look Zipp, it's not holier than thou, you guys have brought in more kids kicked off teams than most P5 schools , and certainly any that's reached Louisvilles success. Fans of opposing schools are going to bring it up, it's a soft easy target...

I'll knock it off, I'm a guest here.
Easy targets are guys like yourself who usually ignore facts and make unsupported, sweeping generalizations while living in glass houses.

If you want credibility, bring FACTS with you to the debate. And not your impressions and simply posturing that you're speaking for the masses.

Don't knock it off on my behalf. The more you talk in many instances, the less informed you look.

LPT Football: Foot-shooting personifed...

Easy target huh, you never did say how many transfers that had been kicked off other teams Louisville has taken in.
You don't like what I posted, it hit a little too close to home I get it. You must have me confused, it doesn't bother me one bit how many kids were arrested at UK, it's how they were dealt with that concerns me.
I know UK isn't taking kids that beat up their girlfriends and were kicked off their original school, so I'm good with it.
Better check your own backyard:even if the four Vandy players are convicted on potential charges, the 88th ranked Commodores won't take a significant leap in the Fulmer Cup lifetime standings, but they could leap ahead of Kentucky (70th) and Louisville (75th). Here's what the Times-Picayune found concerning the SEC

Wow, really?

Yea, just like it doesn't you. I can't do anything about what a kid chooses to do once he gets in a college atmosphere. I hope they make good decisions, but if they don't and they do something bad, not underage drinking because honestly what college age kid doesn't, then they need to leave.

Bill is pushing this "thug" thing pretty hard. Louisville only has one dismissed player, that I know of, Devonte Fields. Fields went JUCO, after his dismissal from TCU. Michael Dyer was dismissed from Auburn, but went to two other schools before landing at Louisville, and he is trying the NFL now. Those are the only recent dismissed players that I can think of. Anybody got anything else?

Nice way to just pick part of the comment

That's why I gave you an opportunity to walk it back but instead you doubled down.

"it doesn't bother me one bit how many kids were arrested at UK" -- Bill.

18 UK player arrests to 7, is one gap I hope never gets closed between the two schools. Ya'll are welcome to that trophy.

Reactions: atiba
Nice way to just pick part of the comment, but what the hell. You're so worried about kids getting in trouble that you have no problem with Louisville bringing in several kids that got kicked off teams for getting in trouble!?!?
It's ok, you want to win, doesn't matter how.

You are guilty of putting words into Mike's mouth that he did not say, and he called you out on that, rightfully so.

You're trolling him.

He never attacked you personally he simply pointed out the facts on the arrest record when you chose to get into off the field stuff and now you're attacking him. This seems to be your style when people provide you facts that you did not know that make you appear highly uninformed.

You are a grown man about to get paddled by the mods for inappropriate message board behavior. It's pretty silly to put yourself into that situation.

I admit this is a troll thread created by our puppeteer...but it would have died days ago if you didn't take the bait.

I'm going to leave it at that Bill. I hope to see you in other football related threads where we can just talk football.

Take care for now.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
This guy takes not so subtle jabs at the UL program and the mods let him hang around. It's ridiculous. He's on UL's board and should behave accordingly. I cannot understand why some of the mods bend over backward for this dope.

This guy takes not so subtle jabs at the UL program and the mods let him hang around. It's ridiculous. He's on UL's board and should behave accordingly. I cannot understand why some of the mods bend over backward for this dope.

I can't argue with this.

It's perfect advertisement really, I've said it for years. A lot of anti-Louisville talk is allowed on the free board because the goal is to push everyone to pay for premium.

Without the fighting there wouldn't be much traffic anyway I guess.

I think the advertisement ploy worked. A lot of Louisville posters have disappeared over the years. So either the advertisement ploy worked, or those posters found a Louisville board that was moderated more tightly, or they died. Or they post on the National Board.

If a mod has to take the time to edit posts, the poster getting edited should probably be posting somewhere else.

Last edited:
Setting ourselves up for failure? Bobby Petrino is very accustomed (and successful) with transfers. The vast majority have worked out well for Petrino, but some don't. You know....just like "normal" recruits. Again, it only seems to be an issue for our rivals.
The only problem child was Willie Williams and that was under Kragthorpe. I can't think of another transfer UofL has taken that has not worked out well.

Please do not ban Bill.
Yeah, you simply jab him back.

It's damning by faint praise, but he's better than the majority of LPT lightweights who do their drive-bys.

LPT Football: It's all relative...

Steering this back to the topic...

Maybe the gap has closed between the two programs. That's TBD. The gap has been quite substantial since Strong turned the program around here and UK went the opposite direction.

UK has much more speed on the field than they've had in years past. I'm not sold on their D, but my opinion is coming in July not during the season. Until they truly begin turning a corner statistically on that side of the ball I'm not buying.

Their QB didn't blow me away in the same way Andre Woodson, Lorenzen, and Couch did in the past, but last year was his first go as a starter. He can scramble but I am just not sure he's the man. They have 8 home games this year so he should make strides with the speed in the backfield and play makers they have wide.

The bottom line for me is I don't trust their D just yet.

We bring a lot of new faces to the table this year in the secondary, O-line, and wide-out positions. These are some question marks for sure. I expect us to struggle just a bit out of the gate I could see us losing four or five games this year. I'm hoping for a bowl and my outlook on the season could change for the better or worse depending on what we look like out there.

Towles concerns me more than the defense for UK. He just seems a little jumpy in the pocket, and he's got to stop staring down the receiver he's going to throw to. He has the physical tools to be a solid QB, but he reminds me of the QB Ole Miss had last year only younger. Good Bo and Bad Bo, you never know when the bad is going to rear its head.

Please do not ban Bill.

Yes .. please do not ban Bill ... any calls for him to be banned are just like the thin skinned, can't even hear another point of view idiocy that runs rampant on the Big Blue boards. He hasn't done anything worthy of being banned, or even temporarily suspended. Just because he's wrong, doesn't mean he should be banned.

Here's the thing: they are getting better talent but the results remain to be seen. They've won 9 games in 3 yrs. What gets me is how they feel like that means they should talk smack about ANY program. Hell Vandy and WKU made them their bitches for several years.

Saban caught tons of heat for taking the young man from Georgia.
I see none of you are willing to actually say how many Louisville has taken, and are quite defensive about it, I would be too.
I don't like the fact UK has had that many arrested. But I would be even more upset if UK were actively going after numerous players that had been kicked off programs after arrest.
And no Zipp, most P 5 programs don't do it at the level Louisville does and you know it, and you also know the extent Kragyhorpe had to clean up the program after Petrino bolted the first time. Selective memory seems to be your forte.

Here's the problem with this bolded part of your statement Bill ...

NONE of these highly touted players even CONSIDERS the University of Kentucky as a destination for transfer. THAT'S why there is so much angst on the UK boards about all our transfers.

Going way back to Eric Shelton, who went to Bryan Station High School in Lexington, it has bugged the crap out of UK fans that U of L is considered a great place to transfer to. So, when there are issues surrounding why a player has to transfer, that is what UK fans focus on .. and not the bigger picture points (that U of L is a desirable football program to play in, to further the chances of an NFL career, to play at the highest levels of college football, to WIN games, to go to bowl games, to have good to great ending of your college football career .. VERSUS ... LPT, a program that HASN'T won, that DOESN'T get to go to bowl games, that DOESN'T have a track record of taking transfers who ultimately succeed at getting a shot in the NFL).

UK Fans hate that we get transfers with talent, because they CAN'T get these same transfers to even SNIFF their direction.

Reactions: mwatson61
I think UK fans feel the same way about UofL football as UofL fans feel about UK basketball. Opposing fan bases just feel like there is something slimy about the way the other is getting their players/running their program.

Last year's team had a grand total of 1 player that saw significant PT that was kicked off another team. And the guy wasn't a full-time starter for us. Maybe I am missing another somewhere?

This year's team has a couple guys in the secondary and they also had a prior relationship @ their last stop with the current Louisville DC. The elephant in the room Fields (Ole Miss and Missouri recruited him too OMG!) would be the other, and I'm not 100% sure he is going to play due to academics anyway. So this could potentially be a couple starters week one out of 22 starters. I admit I do not know the story of some of the WR's that have transferred in.

The sub-topic seems highly inconsequential. Of the 10 draft picks off last year's roster, how many were kicked off another team? I think the answer is 0, but I admit I'm not looking at the resume of every one of them.

As Zipp pointed out over on the BB board, the discussion of players kicked off other teams that end up here is a topic because it sure seems like it is a subtle way to accuse our program of "needing" to do that to win. Considering the impact of these players has been minimal to this point for the most part, it makes little to no sense to be part of the discussion.

Since we have a couple arriving @ the same time this year I can see why some have pointed to that, but they haven't even played a down yet.

Last edited:
Auburn caught heat over Cam Newton because of the rumor he was being shopped and was seeking a payout. They didn't get too much heat for giving him a second chance. It was mentioned in some places, but it's not something that produced an asterisk for their wins. I'm also pretty sure anybody reading this board would accept winning the title with Cam Newton, assuming there wasn't a pay for play caveat included.

If you're an LPT fan, you have to be concerned about your defense for two reasons. One is that it's worse than it was under Pappaw and Joker. If I recall the LPT script, one of those coaches was coming off of probation, and the other coach was plain terrible (and an ex-offensive coordinator).

But the larger issue is that Stupes is an ex-defensive coordinator, and SUPPOSEDLY, a good one. From FSU, and evidently good enough to get a head coaching job based on his performance. Yet, after two years, the defense is worse.

And find me a good coach at a major program who has a team that plays poorly on the side of the ball that he primarily coaches or has coached...

On offense, there's no reason to be optimistic yet about what's going on at LPT. Their new guy coached in a good offense at WVU, but he wasn't the guy at the controls on offense. Dawson is analogous to McGee at U of L, or McGee's predecessor under Petrino here before, Paul Petrino. Working for Petrino doesn't make those coordinators offensive masters.

LPT Football: Our punting game rocks...

Zipp's take on this situation is spot on. By the way, I was banned "over there" for suggesting that our qb was better than their qb. Imagine that. So I would suggest that our uakay visitors try to understand the concept of a free flow of ideas and opinions.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT