ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Bob Stoops and Oklahoma...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
We appreciate you taking the spotlight from Tom Jurich and our program. Your issues make a couple plays passed to us look like child's play!

Reactions: clyono and jmac1029
Mixon, not Minks. My bad.

It's kind of like the Ray Rice situation in that everyone thought it was done, then awhile later video comes out.

It's a bad situation for everyone. It's almost like double jeopardy in court. You hand out a punishment based on what you hear. Then after it's done, you actually see what happened and everyone wants it to be tried again.

I watched the video and he got off way to easy but it is better for her if he is really successful in college and gets an NFL contract. Her lawsuit is pending and she would get a pretty good settlement if he gets a lucrative NFL contract.

Reactions: GoldCard
Who's going to draft that guy after this? Only Al Davis would be that stupid, and he's dead.

Someone will invite him to camp. Money rules all in the NFL. Look at how much trouble some very good players have gotten into, and were allowed to come back. Vick did 3 years in Jail and came back. Ray Lewis was charged in a murder case. Maurice Clarette got his chance.

If Manziel stays out of the spotlight up through the summer, I expect he'll be invited to someones camp. He's apparently been a good boy for over a year now.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I saw the video and my reaction seems to be different that everyone else. Perhaps if the video contained audio, I'd have a better understanding, but from what I saw, the girl went at Mixon first. She pushed and swiped and punched, all in about a 2-3 second period before he unloaded on her. So, while punching a woman is a huge no-no, he was getting assaulted. That word, "assault" sounds extreme, I know, but what else do you call a person pushing and swinging at another person? Sorry she got hurt real bad, but she does share some of the blame.

I saw the same thing and I am sure there is more to the story than what we know. He should have pushed her away and just walked instead of hitting her with the force in which he did.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Not to mention the tape begins with him starting to walk away and she aggressively goes after him to bring him back to the confrontation. He's obviously guilty of assault, but not unprovoked.

I thought the same thing. You have to pay attention, but she pushes him, then grabs his throat. That's when he decked her.

Granted, he over reacted to an extreme, but she started the physical stuff.

Reactions: YourPublicEnemy
We appreciate you taking the spotlight from Tom Jurich and our program. Your issues make a couple plays passed to us look like child's play!

Alright. People are going to think I an ass but so be it.

I just watched the video. I do not condone what the guy did, and this woman is no angel here either. She got up and started swinging at him! Of course he is much larger and stronger and it's awful he hit her as hard as he did, but this woman was laying into him ! Again and I want to make this clear - I don't condone him punching this woman but most people are going to react in that situation. She has some culpability in this as well.

Okay fire away.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Alright. People are going to think I an ass but so be it.

I just watched the video. I do not condone what the guy did, and this woman is no angel here either. She got up and started swinging at him! Of course he is much larger and stronger and it's awful he hit her as hard as he did, but this woman was laying into him ! Again and I want to make this clear - I don't condone him punching this woman but most people are going to react in that situation. She has some culpability in this as well.

Okay fire away.

Not going to disagree at all. Mixon said she punched him in the face, and it both hurt and made him angry. The video evidence bears that out. It's quite understandable when someone physically assaults you, as the woman did to him, to fight back to protect yourself.

In this case, Mixon deserves the benefit of the doubt, as long as this has been a single incident. If there have been other incidents, thats when he should receive additional punishment beyond what has already been given.

Not going to disagree at all. Mixon said she punched him in the face, and it both hurt and made him angry. The video evidence bears that out. It's quite understandable when someone physically assaults you, as the woman did to him, to fight back to protect yourself.

In this case, Mixon deserves the benefit of the doubt, as long as this has been a single incident. If there have been other incidents, thats when he should receive additional punishment beyond what has already been given.

Your average sports fan who just watches the ESPN scroll is under the impression that Mixon walked into some restaurant at 230am, beat the shit out of this woman, hospitalizing her, and walked out. It's ridiculous. You shouldn't hit a woman, absolutely. You also shouldn't walk up and start hitting a dude either! I don't care what this supposed "gay dude" said or what Mixon said. There's a pretty fine line between beating the shit outta somebody and not. If she doesn't get up and start pounding on Mixon, then I bet my house that Mixon doesn't (again he shouldn't have done this!) punch her.

If you notice, she also grabbed him by the throat. That's when he punched.

Not defending him knocking her out, but as Morgantown Card said, she's not innocent. She hit him and grabbed him by the throat.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
If you notice, she also grabbed him by the throat. That's when he punched.

Not defending him knocking her out, but as Morgantown Card said, she's not innocent. She hit him and grabbed him by the throat.

Damn straight! People are so concerned about appearing chivalrous or respectful of women. You absolutely should be respectful and chivalrous to women. Mixon shouldn't have knocked her out. And she wasn't very respectful when she hit him and grabbed his damn throat! He and she are both a**holes in this video, he's just much bigger and stronger. Why is he the only one apologizing? Neither one of these are Time Person of the Year candidates.

I think this video is a good example that nothing good happens after midnight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT