ADVERTISEMENT

So It Begins

Dec 28, 2015
Don't know how to link it but the "UK Turns the Corner" thread is worth a read. Jauk amidst all the 8-9 win predictions even manages to throw in a reference to how much more we "pay" our players.

I always find it funny how much different the mentality of the UK fan base is online compared to when I talk to them in person. Its really just hilarious to see how much different most of them are and its not just in the way they treat or talk to opposing fans...its their entire views on things.

For example....ask any poster on the UK board if they would have considered Bobby Petrino after Joker Phillips was fired and nearly every poster on there will talk about how UK is "above" hiring someone like Petrino and how he's scum and they never wanted him. I would estimate that out of the hundreds of conversations I've had with various UK fans in person at games, parties, etc..that at least 85% of them all say they would have loved it if UK would have hired Petrino.

Same goes for this annual season outlook. I just spent half of a wedding reception on Saturday talking football with probably 10 UK fans (there were only 4 UL football fans there) and EVERY UK fan there said UK would be lucky to go to a bowl game and that if they were betting they would bet that UK went 3-9 before they bet they went 7-5. But you get on the message boards and everyone's opinions suddenly change. I don't get it.

uf14.png

Kentucky-cheerleading-MEME.jpg

UT-is-next-MEME.jpg

Some guy called KeepingItReal (KeepingItRealDumb) says that this is finally the year and we need to be wary. Claims to have played DI football (false!) but won't say where. He's entering jauk 5.65764239 levels of stupidity. National Champs in the month of June. EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR. Their sites are now firmly set on Alabama and LSU. Gaps are closing, corners are turning, wash, rinse and repeat.......for 60 years

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: American Male
UK is a dumpster fire of a program that UL has basically owned for the last 2 decades. Anything said different from their end just confirms yearly and daily how delusional their fan base is. After you lose the most recent meeting at home after you're up 21 you should zip your mouth about anything until you actually win a game. This year I don't even think its close.

I always find it funny how much different the mentality of the UK fan base is online compared to when I talk to them in person. Its really just hilarious to see how much different most of them are and its not just in the way they treat or talk to opposing fans...its their entire views on things.

For example....ask any poster on the UK board if they would have considered Bobby Petrino after Joker Phillips was fired and nearly every poster on there will talk about how UK is "above" hiring someone like Petrino and how he's scum and they never wanted him. I would estimate that out of the hundreds of conversations I've had with various UK fans in person at games, parties, etc..that at least 85% of them all say they would have loved it if UK would have hired Petrino.

Same goes for this annual season outlook. I just spent half of a wedding reception on Saturday talking football with probably 10 UK fans (there were only 4 UL football fans there) and EVERY UK fan there said UK would be lucky to go to a bowl game and that if they were betting they would bet that UK went 3-9 before they bet they went 7-5. But you get on the message boards and everyone's opinions suddenly change. I don't get it.

When you're reading a post on a message board, especially during the off-season, the posters tend to be the ultimate diehards of the fanbase. Especially anyone posting on a message board for a losing program like Kentucky. It's a little different than running into random fans in-person. A lot of regular UK fans either don't follow college football or they support Alabama for college football season. People who have less invested emotionally are likely to be more objective in their analysis.

Look at his offer sheet. Top 5 in the country. It doesn't matter if he doesn't have any stars. Like my good buddy Jauk says star ratings is what's important unless they aren't rated then stars don't matter.
The kid just finished his sophomore year of high school and there are only 100 players in his class assigned a star rating at this point. He was thought to be a virtual lock for FSU before he committed. He will be a high four star rivals 250 guy. He was invited to the Rivals quarterback challenge this year and performed well against the best QB's in the '17 class

The kid just finished his sophomore year of high school and there are only 100 players in his class assigned a star rating at this point. He was thought to be a virtual lock for FSU before he committed. He will be a high four star rivals 250 guy. He was invited to the Rivals quarterback challenge this year and performed well against the best QB's in the '17 class

Is he a 5.7682 or just a lowly 5.7681?

A Rivals four star, you say? How have those other Rivals four star QBs worked out for you?

Last edited:
Like the Swallows of Capistrano, you can count on uk returning every year

The Swallows back it up.

Only team I know that can have experienced players transfer and coaches quit, and predict great things.

Every year.

Gotta love it!!!!

A good reason not to expect him in Lexington in 2 years.

If he's worth a damn, he will decommit by this time next year.

I just skimmed through that thread on the UK board and it is really quite amazing. Nobody questions the theory for about 40 posts. The worst criticism of the idea of UK winning big next year was a guy who said "What if we can't sustain it?" Finally one guy posts, "We look foolish predicting that the football team has turned the corner in June. Lets play some games first before we starting patting each other on the back." That voice of reason was quickly shouted down.

8 men on the field in a punt formation: forgotten.
EKU debacle: forgotten.
Vanderbilt debacle: forgotten.
Lack of development of players like Harry Potter and Elam: forgotten.

That backdrop, and having to start over with basically a rookie quarterback going into the SEC totally escapes them.

If I'm ever in a coma and wake up after several years wondering what season of the year it is, just send me to the UK board. Just reading that one thread tells me it's summer.

Once a 4 star is put by his name he is gone...will never be at UK

This is finally the year. On D we have the #1 secondary in the country and a front 7 that is the envy of teams everywhere. The O is loaded with 4 and 5 stars everywhere. Now we have NFL level coaches with Gran and Thomas. Take the fact that UK is undefeated right now and you wonder why the fans are flocking to get their tickets. UK football is the buzz of the nation.

I particularly like this post over there from bearbryantswatch:
"Phil Steele has a list of 5-7 teams he expects to break through the upcoming season. It's been crazy accurate just like the rest of his stuff. I'm really hopin Kentucky is at the top of that list, especially after back to back 5 win years. I check his daily blog post and will link when he releases or I get the hard copy."

It's so cute that he's hoping and waiting for a Phil Steele vote of confidence....he ain't getting one haha!

Nothing like being crowned champs in June. Those knuckleheads are stuck in a never ending loop like the movie Groundhog Day except they never learn, never try anything new, never get out of the loop. PHIL?!... PHIL CONNERS IS THAT YOU?!

This is finally the year. On D we have the #1 secondary in the country and a front 7 that is the envy of teams everywhere. The O is loaded with 4 and 5 stars everywhere. Now we have NFL level coaches with Gran and Thomas. Take the fact that UK is undefeated right now and you wonder why the fans are flocking to get their tickets. UK football is the buzz of the nation.
Your first team D couldn't stop your second string O. Your first string O couldn't consistently move the ball on your second string D in your Spring game. I don't think your coaches know what the hell they are doing.

Your first team D couldn't stop your second string O. Your first string O couldn't consistently move the ball on your second string D in your Spring game. I don't think your coaches know what the hell they are doing.
Thanks for proving my point. Under Gran, the UK offense is so good that the second team can just run through the SEC's best defense like a knife through hot butter.

Thanks for proving my point. Under Gran, the UK offense is so good that the second team can just run through the SEC's best defense like a knife through hot butter.

I'm not typically a very emotional guy, but I'm pretty sure I have a man crush on you. :D

I'm assuming that you do realize that the guy is a UL fan right?

I'm assuming that you do realize that the guy is a UL fan right?

If he's a UofL fan then you are Jesus Christ and we all know, FOR SURE, that you ain't him. What a goober you are.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

That is really too far off to even take into account at this point. Even the guys that are committed now to schools that are set to sign this coming February will be flipping schools. Some guy who has committed years out? We'll worry about that a few months before he is set to sign his LOI....way into the future.

Rationally speaking, not with red or blue colored glasses (Everything UofL does is great!!!!....everything uk does is terrible!!!! type of stuff), you usually think you are about to turn a corner when you have a lot of people coming back and you expect to springboard off of the previous years performance. They may be young and inexperienced but there were a lot of flashes of greatness last year and this there they are all coming back and they've got experience and are ready to turn the corner. UK doesn't really have that.

They weren't that good last year and they are replacing a lot of players. The defensive front 7 is almost replacing the entire 2-deep and the QB situation is a total unknown. Barker didn't look good against UofL. One can hope he will improve and turn out to be a good QB but you can't really "count on it" yet. The OL wasn't great, it is a question mark if they OL will be any better yet, Barker's impact is completely unknown, there isn't any proven backup on the roster, the DL and LB has tons of new unproven players.

The WR's need to show improvement. This team still has a lot of question marks. You could say the defensive backfield has a lot back and can expect to be solid and the starting RB with Williams is very solid but the rest of the team has lots of question marks. They can hope they vastly over achieve and that each question mark will be answered with some star play but at this point it is just blue colored glasses to expect big things yet. Too many new starters and new faces all over the field and still a lot of youth at spots to have anything more than just a wait and see attitude at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT