ADVERTISEMENT

So It Begins

And they're not living up to the hype in that one!!
Yes Cal is . The most important thing is how many guys get drafted into the NBA. Wins and Championships are nice but there is nothing better than seeing your guys get their name called on draft night. Brings a tear to my eye watching them going up to the podium and putting that team hat on.

Rationally speaking, not with red or blue colored glasses (Everything UofL does is great!!!!....everything uk does is terrible!!!! type of stuff), you usually think you are about to turn a corner when you have a lot of people coming back and you expect to springboard off of the previous years performance. They may be young and inexperienced but there were a lot of flashes of greatness last year and this there they are all coming back and they've got experience and are ready to turn the corner. UK doesn't really have that.

They weren't that good last year and they are replacing a lot of players. The defensive front 7 is almost replacing the entire 2-deep and the QB situation is a total unknown. Barker didn't look good against UofL. One can hope he will improve and turn out to be a good QB but you can't really "count on it" yet. The OL wasn't great, it is a question mark if they OL will be any better yet, Barker's impact is completely unknown, there isn't any proven backup on the roster, the DL and LB has tons of new unproven players.

The WR's need to show improvement. This team still has a lot of question marks. You could say the defensive backfield has a lot back and can expect to be solid and the starting RB with Williams is very solid but the rest of the team has lots of question marks. They can hope they vastly over achieve and that each question mark will be answered with some star play but at this point it is just blue colored glasses to expect big things yet. Too many new starters and new faces all over the field and still a lot of youth at spots to have anything more than just a wait and see attitude at this point.
Have to respectfully disagree. Stoops players were all great last year- it was Jokers guys who stunk the place up. UK has almost all of Stoops troops back this year. Barker is not unknown, just look at his stat line from the UL game last year 6-22 for 122 yards. Plus like coach said they spent all off-season getting tougher. Just warning you don't sleep on the Cats this year.

Reactions: atiba
Yes Cal is . The most important thing is how many guys get drafted into the NBA. Wins and Championships are nice but there is nothing better than seeing your guys get their name called on draft night. Brings a tear to my eye watching them going up to the podium and putting that team hat on.
See what I mean, Hedley? Professionalism in action.

the QB situation is a total unknown. Barker didn't look good against UofL. One can hope he will improve and turn out to be a good QB but you can't really "count on it" yet.

To me this is the whole story of the bad season UK is about to have. Barker is basically a rookie with very little experience and he's getting thrown into the tough SEC. Not a formula for success.

I think some UK fans are in for a rude awakening. They think games against SC, Vandy, and Missouri are a given. What they don't see is that they have slid off majorly in QB experience and it will show in those games.

Reactions: American Male
What cracks me up the most is they think that beating SC last year was some big accomplishment. They barely won that game and SC was terrible, as was Missouri and they pulled that one out of their ass at the end. How do they call Vandy a given considering they lost last year to a team rebuilding and with a new coach? Isn't that the very same argument uk fans have had themselves?

uk fans think by some weird transitive properties because they won 2-3 of those games last year that translates to wins this year?....and that us, FL and TN are also potential wins???!

Some of those fans will never learn....and that's OK by me. It's fun as hell watching them fail and meltdown every single year. I hope they bring a whole bunch of their idiot fan base into our house this year with the hopes of winning a 6th game again. I seriously doubt they will even have 4 wins at that time but if they do I will thoroughly enjoy sending them home early with their faces in their hats.

What cracks me up the most is they think that beating SC last year was some big accomplishment. They barely won that game and SC was terrible, as was Missouri and they pulled that one out of their ass at the end. How do they call Vandy a given considering they lost last year to a team rebuilding and with a new coach? Isn't that the very same argument uk fans have had themselves?

uk fans think by some weird transitive properties because they won 2-3 of those games last year that translates to wins this year?....and that us, FL and TN are also potential wins???!

Some of those fans will never learn....and that's OK by me. It's fun as hell watching them fail and meltdown every single year. I hope they bring a whole bunch of their idiot fan base into our house this year with the hopes of winning a 6th game again. I seriously doubt they will even have 4 wins at that time but if they do I will thoroughly enjoy sending them home early with their faces in their hats.
It's totally true. Watching what became an almost inevitable comeback after UK glorying in setting a somewhat pathetic record for points in the first quarter served up a doo doo sandwich the likes of which is rare to find anywhere. Iur second TD was clearly the turning point in the game, even if their linebacker costing them so dearly in his celebration throw to gave us all them extra yards. They have shocked us twice with everything they had and it fell shorter than Kate Upton's skirt both times. It leads one to wonder when the next 60 point outburst will happen and certainly not them stopping this offense.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
It's totally true. Watching what became an almost inevitable comeback after UK glorying in setting a somewhat pathetic record for points in the first quarter served up a doo doo sandwich the likes of which is rare to find anywhere. Iur second TD was clearly the turning point in the game, even if their linebacker costing them so dearly in his celebration throw to gave us all them extra yards. They have shocked us twice with everything they had and it fell shorter than Kate Upton's skirt both times. It leads one to wonder when the next 60 point outburst will happen and certainly not them stopping this offense.
As far as I know Kate Upton wasn't even there so our player did not throw the ball at her. UofL won because Coach Stoops got such a big lead he started to try to milk the clock because he didn't want to run up the score. Our guys got complacent. Big Matt had even started eating hot dogs. By the time they figured out Petrino wasn't going to do the gentleman thing and concede we couldn't get it going again. We were just a dropped INT from still winning- the gap has closed.

Well, Coach Stoops was being kind - we all know this and - hey! - we appreciate it.

Behavior like that is why he is in line for yet another extension. After all, according to UK fans, there is more to the game than wins and losses. :)

Food and booze, for example.

Well, Coach Stoops was being kind - we all know this and - hey! - we appreciate it.

Behavior like that is why he is in line for yet another extension. After all, according to UK fans, there is more to the game than wins and losses. :)

Food and booze, for example.
We don't drink at our games, alcohol is banned in all SEC stadiums because they like the family atmosphere. Food yeah we do have some big fans that need to eat.

UK fans don't realize the only programs that lose to UK are having major problems of their own, it has nothing to do with UK improving. Teams do not take UK seriously. They see UK as a week off. UK never gets anyone's best, and they usually lose, anyway. And the UK fans have no idea. To them a 7-point loss to a Georgia, Florida, or Tennessee is signs of improvement. In reality, those teams mailed it in that week and still beat UK.

How pathetic is that?

Three of the five teams that Kentucky beat last year felt the need to change their head coach. How pathetic is that?
Those AD's looked across the sideline, saw the genius of Coach Stoops and realized they would have to make a change if they wanted to compete in the future. I mean just look at the Auburn game, what other coach has ever used the 8 player trick punt play before?

The kid just finished his sophomore year of high school and there are only 100 players in his class assigned a star rating at this point. He was thought to be a virtual lock for FSU before he committed. He will be a high four star rivals 250 guy. He was invited to the Rivals quarterback challenge this year and performed well against the best QB's in the '17 class

Top 250 kid, huh? Well if its one thing Stoops has proven is that he can "coach down" any player regardless of ranking.

How many "Yahtzee's" have we seen over the last 4 years? How much smack has been said about recruiting rankings? How many of those kids has Stoops "coached up" or heck, how many of them have even lived up to a 4 star ranking?

Petrino had a low 4 star kid come to campus last Summer...now he's on the cover of Phil Steele's magazine and became only the 3 player in bowl history to rush for 200 and throw for 200. Keith Kelsey was a 3 star kid coming out of high school, now he's one of the best LBs in the country. Go look at the rankings of guys from Petrino's 1st stint at UL....guys like Gary Barnidge, Harry Douglas, Breno Giancomni, Amobi Okye, Elvis Dumervil, Eric Wood, Will Gay, etc...None ranked above 3 stars. Coaching matters....I'll start giving a sh*t about the recruits UK gets and where they're ranked when the UK staff proves to me they know even a little about developing talent.

We're back to irrelevance for them because they have their sites set on bigger goals. Per KeepingItRealGoofy, they should win the SEC-E in '17.

Jay, @KeepingItReal74 is apparently alluding to some wager he wants to make with you on the game this year.

KeepingItReal74:
And yeah, Jay Reim over at the UVile rivals site. You gonna step up and take my wager? UK will defeat your team this year. Mark it down. It's coming.

I will go on record as offering the same wager as I have offered every year for the football game. Right now, I will wager $50 on a no points/straight up win for UofL. So far, the only one who has ever taken me up on my annual wager offer is UKErik. Same as always, UKErik can hold both of our monies prior to the game. Lots of smack talk; several who claimed to accept the wager (but never produced the money)...but no actual wagerers. Let's see if KeepingItReal74 wants to actually put up the money for a wager.

Last edited:
I'll bet him $1,000.00. I think he may be banned here. None of this weak "If you lose you don't post for a year" crap! Straight cash homeboy

I was thinking similar when I saw that guy's post about a bet. Look at how crazy he is from his posts... You just know that when he loses he'll either continue posting and deny everything, or start over with a new profile the next day.

Those guys eventually get banned from their own board when their mods get tired of their act, and they always slink back on under a new alias.

Well I can't post at that cess pool . . . . nor do I want to. Offer stands. None of this BS "you can't post for a year." Bets like that are for sissies. . . or for people who talk a big game but have little faith that they can back up their **** talking. Bet money you goof, or shut up.

Have to respectfully disagree. Stoops players were all great last year- it was Jokers guys who stunk the place up. UK has almost all of Stoops troops back this year. Barker is not unknown, just look at his stat line from the UL game last year 6-22 for 122 yards. Plus like coach said they spent all off-season getting tougher. Just warning you don't sleep on the Cats this year.
Getting together for ice cream? Please, your coach couldn't coach himself out of a box with one side left open.

This is Mark Stoops' year, right? Here's what he's done thus far in his UK career:

• 1-22 record vs teams that finished the season in Sagarin Top-60 (thank goodness for those Gamecocks)
  • 1-12 record away from Commonwealth (thank goodness for those Gamecocks)
  • 0-11 vs FBS teams in November
  • 3-21 SEC record during a time when the SEC East has been arguably the weakest in my lifetime
  • Only 3 total wins against teams that finished in the Top 100, and 2 of those 3 were outside the top 60 & had losing records
  • Has only one Top-50 win (Petrino has 7 in the last two years)
  • 3 SEC wins since Jan 1, 2013, 2 less than Louisville has (and only 1 of those 5 SEC wins by Louisville was at home)
Maybe Barker is the next Joe Montana...or the next Patrick Towles. Only time will tell.

This is Mark Stoops' year, right? Here's what he's done thus far in his UK career:

• 1-22 record vs teams that finished the season in Sagarin Top-60 (thank goodness for those Gamecocks)
  • 1-12 record away from Commonwealth (thank goodness for those Gamecocks)
  • 0-11 vs FBS teams in November
  • 3-21 SEC record during a time when the SEC East has been arguably the weakest in my lifetime
  • Only 3 total wins against teams that finished in the Top 100, and 2 of those 3 were outside the top 60 & had losing records
  • Has only one Top-50 win (Petrino has 7 in the last two years)
  • 3 SEC wins since Jan 1, 2013, 2 less than Louisville has (and only 1 of those 5 SEC wins by Louisville was at home)
Maybe Barker is the next Joe Montana...or the next Patrick Towles. Only time will tell.
On my home site the consensus is Barker is more of a young John Elway/ Brett Favre cross. He has a cannon for an arm but a gunslinger mentality. If he had started last year I think you would be hearing his name as one of the best in the land.

Reactions: Senore2006
The kid just finished his sophomore year of high school and there are only 100 players in his class assigned a star rating at this point. He was thought to be a virtual lock for FSU before he committed. He will be a high four star rivals 250 guy. He was invited to the Rivals quarterback challenge this year and performed well against the best QB's in the '17 class

Correct. And like most very talented out of state players who verbal early to UofL, this QB is simply using UK's offer to signal to other schools that he has a committable offer from a Power5 program. It's a way of getting the word out to every top program that he's a high-major prospect and that they should be recruiting him.

If he truly is what you think he is, he will be UK's next Mac Jones.

Correct. And like most very talented out of state players who verbal early to UofL, this QB is simply using UK's offer to signal to other schools that he has a committable offer from a Power5 program. It's a way of getting the word out to every top program that he's a high-major prospect and that they should be recruiting him.

If he truly is what you think he is, he will be UK's next Mac Jones.
Jones would of came to UK but Stoops let him know early that he was being recruited over. He didn't want to wait until the last minute and yank the kids scholarship. Alabama was Jones next best scholarship offer. We like 4 star kids but the way they are beating down the doors to play for Coach Stoops UK just can't take them all.

I actually read a poster over in the lair say that this is the best Kentucky team since 1978, damn they love summertime football hype.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT