ADVERTISEMENT

Should Bobby Petrino be given another year?

Should Bobby Petrino be given another year?

• Total voters
I still contend that you make the decision at the end of the season and see if the team has made any strides of improvement. If it is still apparent that Bobby has lost the team and he continues to make suspect calls then he needs to go regardless of the money situation. Find a way.

I still contend that you make the decision at the end of the season and see if the team has made any strides of improvement. If it is still apparent that Bobby has lost the team and he continues to make suspect calls then he needs to go regardless of the money situation. Find a way.

I agree with this statement. If things continue the way they have been then you must let him go. We open next season with arguably the biggest name opponent to ever play at Cardinal Stadium. We need some excitement for the season going into that game. Either BP wins out or Jeff Brohm takes the reigns of the program. Else there will be more gold than red at that opening game.

Shaking up his staff would be utterly pointless for a number of reasons thats been beat to death on here.

Next.
Yeah the staff has been shaken up either by design or whatever.. except the HC. Has anyone wondered why Lorenzo Ward, who was a DC for USCjr under the “ball coach” for 6 seasons, hasn’t been given a chance?

Yeah the staff has been shaken up either by design or whatever.. except the HC. Has anyone wondered why Lorenzo Ward, who was a DC for USCjr under the “ball coach” for 6 seasons, hasn’t been given a chance?

Yep.

Plus, lets be real here.....The list of candidates willing to work with Petrino is short regardless of his job security. The list of candidates willing to come work for Bobby Petrino who may be fired next year isn't even a list, its just more family members and I don't know if he has any son in laws left.

Yep.

Plus, lets be real here.....The list of candidates willing to work with Petrino is short regardless of his job security. The list of candidates willing to come work for Bobby Petrino who may be fired next year isn't even a list, its just more family members and I don't know if he has any son in laws left.
He’s been on staff since 2017 and was with Bobby at Arkansas for one year.
His title is associate HC which is pretty good for just coaching the secondary.

I am curious, are you expecting to never, ever have a bad season again? BP has not lost everything but a bunch of good players that moved on. I'd say he rises again close to the top in a year or so. I have more faith in him than Droopy Stoops. UK has a once in 40 years season with a boat load of good seniors on defense.

I am curious, are you expecting to never, ever have a bad season again? BP has not lost everything but a bunch of good players that moved on. I'd say he rises again close to the top in a year or so. I have more faith in him than Droopy Stoops. UK has a once in 40 years season with a boat load of good seniors on defense.

I hate this outside perspective of only looking at the year to year records. ANY person, fan of UofL or not, can look at the downward spiral since the 2016 Houston game.

Since then we are 10-13. Bobby is 1-11 vs the top 25 since he's been back. He is 1-3 in bowl games (soon to be 1-4 after we dont make it this year).

The 10 wins are:
Purdue
North Carolina
Kent State
Murray State
BAD FSU team
Virginia
Syracuse
UK
Indiana State
WKU

None of those wins give the WOW factor what so ever.

The 13 losses are:
Houston
UK
LSU bowl game
Clemson blowout home opener
NC State
Boston College at home
Wake Forest
Miss State bowl game
Alabama
Virginia (no excuses)
FSU (bad team)
Georgia Tech (no reason to allow 60+ at home)
Boston College (no AJ Dillon)

So yes, we deserve to be mad.

I'll interpret this for you guys. Its
Cayut-onese.

We cayuts dont want you to go to the next level, i.e Division titles Playoffs, top 10-20 recruiting classes. Keep that coach.

Stay mired with 8 , 9 wins over crappy teams. Or come down to the slopfest with us cayuts by having 3 winning seasons every 10 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT