ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Petrino returning to Arkansas

Bobby Petrino is returning to Arkansas to be the Head Coach. I wonder if 2.0 for Arkansas will be just as disastrous for them as it was for us.
If true...what is t he source? Hard to believe that the Hogs would do that no matter how desperate the situation has become.

Wonder if he will bring all his deadbeat family members with em for they can all get on the payroll. Hopefully he got over his amnesia that he had at Louisville when he suddenly forgot how to coach!

Bobby Petrino is returning to Arkansas to be the Head Coach. I wonder if 2.0 for Arkansas will be just as disastrous for them as it was for us.
I know some Arkansas alum & donors that would love to see it. Their offense sucks and you KNOW it won't if he is there.

He decimated the Louisville roster when he was here. Louisville was over loaded on the offensive side of the ball and lacked defensive players. He made a mistake by hiring to many relatives who weren’t qualified to be college coaches. The only family member he should of hired and didn’t was Paul Petrino.

Reactions: dac244
Doubt it will happen; too much bad blood with boosters. Bobby would be a good OC, but his days as HC have passed away.

The SEC is about to experience the consequences of overloading their Conference. No matter how they split into divisions, the legacy football schools that have enjoyed decades of success will begin to see fan frustration like A&M with coaches who are in over their head.

Look at Florida, Auburn, A&M, Arkansas and Tennessee …… think they signed up for this? How many SEC teams will be able to play in the BCS, when other conferences will have undefeated teams in consideration? This is not sustainable.

They are too many good up and coming coaches to hire BP. If they do they deserve what ever shit comes with it.

The amount of money being throw around makes coaching hire’s incredibly important because there is no longer a middle ground. You either win or you get crushed. There is zero patience. The buyouts are huge and which it ends up crippling programs that make bad hires. We have seen it here with football and basketball.

The arrogance of FSU and other ACC schools is going to end up killing a couple of them if they move. I don’t care how many resources you have if your dudes aren’t better then their dudes you won’t sustain success. FSU is on the path to dominating the ACC but if they leave watch out their dominance will fade in the other conference.

With Brohm Louisville I think they will recruit at a top 3 level in ACC using transfer and high school. Call it what you will a soft ACC is great for Louisville because they will consistently win. Too be honest I don’t care about the weak schedule argument just win games.

The other thing going on that will affect these power schools is the transfer portal. I read earlier that Alabama has 20 players transferring out. These schools 3 deep with talent at every position is coming to an end. Good players want to play and get to the next level not sit on the bench and watch.

Reactions: rh62531 and JTMPR
I think some in Lexington would like a new coach! 😂
I think they better be careful. If they make the wrong hire they will become Vandy in a hurry. The Troy coach needs to be on their short list but he may be gobbled up before they move on from Stoops. They are no different than Louisville in finding right coach it has to be a perfect fit. Not sure Michigan State would want him but Stoops would be good fit.

I think they better be careful. If they make the wrong hire they will become Vandy in a hurry. The Troy coach needs to be on their short list but he may be gobbled up before they move on from Stoops. They are no different than Louisville in finding right coach it has to be a perfect fit. Not sure Michigan State would want him but Stoops would be good fit.
Stoops has built up enough goodwill that he probably gets at least 2 more seasons unless they really have a bad season next year.

When UL beats them Saturday expect to hear rumblings out of Lexington that since the SEC has gone to 9 conference games their game with us no longer makes sense. Porky needs to have 3 sure out-of-conference wins to keep his smoke-and-mirrors success scheme going.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Stoops has built up enough goodwill that he probably gets at least 2 more seasons unless they really have a bad season next year.

When UL beats them Saturday expect to hear rumblings out of Lexington that since the SEC has gone to 9 conference games their game with us no longer makes sense. Porky needs to have 3 sure out-of-conference wins to keep his smoke-and-mirrors success scheme going.
It’s an interesting situation - he seems to have as many (if not more) detractors as supporters.

His supporters point to the fact that he is the winningest coach in Kentucky history, to which his detractors, point out that he is also the losing-ist coach in the history of Kentucky football.

His supporters point out what a difficult schedule they play every year and his detractors point out that - 11 years in - he doesn’t beat any of those teams that are good, and in fact, gets dog walked against the best competition. His ascension up the list of wins and up the salary scale, have been, completely smoke and mirrors.

Him coming out and blaming the fans for not donating more NIL was an example of just how secure he feels in his job and, just how out of touch he is. In short, he’s a very mediocre who has somehow parlayed the yuts historical terribleness and Brainfart’s ineptitude into 9M a year.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Good points I think once Brohm gets our program built and we start beating them on a regular basis they will drop the series. Like others suggest they might not wait until then and do it right away knowing what’s coming. sUcK is OK with being in the middle of the pack in the SEC and going to a middle of the road Bowl game.

They won’t be OK losing to Louisville in anything especially basketball and football. Every time we build one of programs up sUcK builds their program up to rival it. I hope Brohm uses that comment Coach Stupid made this summer about the Govenors Cup Trophy being in Louisville on display.

Reactions: BPGhost
Good points I think once Brohm gets our program built and we start beating them on a regular basis they will drop the series. Like others suggest they might not wait until then and do it right away knowing what’s coming. sUcK is OK with being in the middle of the pack in the SEC and going to a middle of the road Bowl game.

They won’t be OK losing to Louisville in anything especially basketball and football. Every time we build one of programs up sUcK builds their program up to rival it. I hope Brohm uses that comment Coach Stupid made this summer about the Govenors Cup Trophy being in Louisville on display.
If they want to drop us from their schedule, they’d be well advised to do it before Saturday!!

Will USCjr drop Clemson? Will UGA drop GT? Will Florida drop FSU? If all those things happen, then I guess UK can drop us with a clear conscience. But it won’t happen and BOTH schools need the sellout crowd.

Reactions: Art79 and Mayoman
Can't see it happening. Bobby P not only made folks look bad I believe there were several lawsuits that had to be settled because the way he 'hired' his fatal attraction...violated school and state laws.

Of course, it's only money.

I think you nailed it. Bobby 1.0 was successful in part because is unique combination of spread offense with power running game. Never had great defense, usually adequate that in part depended upon getting a quick lead and then bringing the house. Worked here in early 2000s not well in pros, and for a while at Arkansas. Funny how I thought Bobby, Rich Rod, and Kelly leaving is what killed the big east. Maybe all three were overrated

It’s an interesting situation - he seems to have as many (if not more) detractors as supporters.

The amount of money they have invested into that program tells you they want to win. That is why the fanbase is split. You have the rational fans that are good with an occasional 10 wins season. Then you have those that see how much money is invested and they get mediocre results. They can’t lose to Vandy and South Carolina because the other power house programs are investing even more and the addition of more teams that have more resources.

The new SEC is not sustainable in terms of success for middle of the road teams. My prediction Oklahoma will fade and become irrelevant over the next 5 years. They are struggling in the Big 12, not good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT