ADVERTISEMENT

SEC

B_ll

New Poster, Show Me Love
Mar 20, 2011
How about playing FL, GA Bama SC, and all the other SEC schools, and who do you play in the SEC, KY. oh man watch out for the cats. LOL!

You're right.

uk sucks.

We are 2-2 against FL, UGA, Auburn, and aTm the last four years.

What was uk against those four? (Hint 0-4) :D

.500 in the $EC would put us .350 ahead of you...and we would be higher than .500 because we'd get you and Vandy and MSU and Mizzou.

You can keep trying to dis us, but knowledgable minds know. ;)

How about playing FL, GA Bama SC, and all the other SEC schools, and who do you play in the SEC, KY. oh man watch out for the cats. LOL!

In reality is it our fault that uahkay sucks? If it is then I'm all in favor of this. The cayuts are their own worst enemy and it's proven in any number of ways. First, hiring a guy that has absolutely no head coaching experience and that comes begging for the job. Then choosing to recruit an area of the country that is recruited by everybody therefore diluting the quality talent allowing the cayuts to take very marginal kids even with 3 and 4 star status. A staff that seemingly is in total confusion, especially in game time situations. It's all okay guys. Just keep up the "fine" work.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Let me get this right. You are trying to smack UL because UK sucks?
Sorry, no I didn't mean that at all. I like the Cards and I hate KY. I hope you guys beat the crap out of KY, Football, Basketball and Baseball. Tired of the KY fans trying to talk smack. I hear it every year about how they will beat the VOLS. I have lots of friends that are CARDS fans and I root for the Cards every game.

Son, I don't understand a word you just said.
let me explain, you don't play the schedule the SEC plays. The SEC plays each other. You understand that. I'm not knocking the Cards or anyone. The fact is the SEC plays each other.

Let me explain...again...the $EC ain't what you think it is.

You have 2 and sometimes 3 good to very good teams. Just like most conferences. The rest are as AVERAGE as any other conference. Everybody gets beat up.

I'll try to find pictures to simplify it for you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You have 2 and sometimes 3 good to very good teams. Just like most conferences. The rest are as AVERAGE as any other conference. Everybody gets beat up.

I'll try to find pictures to simplify it for you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The problem I have with the SEC argument is their Non-Conference schedule which is something I posted in another thread. Basically the SEC in general avoids playing really difficult Non-Conference games or plays 1 difficult Non-Conference game and the other three are a combination of FCS schools or very poor FBS schools. Then they justify that type of scheduling in the name of "the SEC grind." They claim that the SEC Conference schedule is so tough that they don't need to schedule really hard out of conference. My point is the way teams prove their Conference is so tough is by the games they schedule and win out of conference.

For instance, let's look at Tennessee's schedule. They play Virginia Tech who went 6-6 last year. Virginia Tech should be better but beating Virginia Tech is hardly a test of conference strength because the game is a mismatch. Tennessee went 9-4 last year while VT was a middling Bowl team. Then the rest of Tennessee's Non-Conference schedule consists of Ohio, Appalachian State and Tennessee Tech. That's the kind of thing I am talking about.

Funny that the SEC set the record for the best conference bowl record last year in a "down year"

You're right.

uk sucks.

We are 2-2 against FL, UGA, Auburn, and aTm the last four years.

What was uk against those four? (Hint 0-4) :D

.500 in the $EC would put us .350 ahead of you...and we would be higher than .500 because we'd get you and Vandy and MSU and Mizzou.

You can keep trying to dis us, but knowledgable minds know. ;)
You can't take 4 games over the course of years and extrapolate that to a .500 conference record because you aren't accounting for the grind of playing those teams in four consecutive weeks. You had a month to prepare and get heathy before you played UF, UGA, and TAMU. You played Auburn the first game of the year. Playing 6-7 SEC teams without a week off is completely different

You can't take 4 games over the course of years and extrapolate that to a .500 conference record because you aren't accounting for the grind of playing those teams in four consecutive weeks. You had a month to prepare and get heathy before you played UF, UGA, and TAMU. You played Auburn the first game of the year. Playing 6-7 SEC teams without a week off is completely different
Newsflash: UF, UGA and TAMU had a month off too.

Newsflash: UF, UGA and TAMU had a month off too.
Newsflash: the month off favors the team that has a sizable depth disadvantage. Those teams recruit on a completely different level than UK or UL. It's a huge advantage to play a team like UK or UL midseason when they are limping into the game. It evens the playing field

Newsflash: the month off favors the team that has a sizable depth disadvantage. Those teams recruit on a completely different level than UK or UL. It's a huge advantage to play a team like UK or UL midseason when they are limping into the game. It evens the playing field

Newsflash...you line up and play period...fans trying to "Couch" arguments or trying to spin talking points make me laugh...my advice to Kentucky....get "Bowl Eligible" in year 4 of Yahtzee...

Last edited:
Newsflash...you line up and play period...fans trying to "Couch" arguments or trying to spin talking points make. E laugh...my advice to Kentucky....get "Bowl Eligible" in year 4 of Yahtzee...

And by the way cffl87 we can do anything we want. This IS OUR board so we, just as your minions do, can do anything we want. If you don't like it then just go away. We are far, far superior to uahkay in football regardless of which league you or us play in. All you have to do is compare our records in the MODERN series against one another. See how that works? :D:rolleyes: I think The Public Enemy got it exactly right.

Damn, your team should dominate USM then, you guys have an extra month that MOST teams don't have. Do you realize that what you're saying is that the teams are healthier and the better team wins? What was the SEC bowl record the year before?

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Damn, your team should dominate USM then, you guys have an extra month that MOST teams don't have. Do you realize that what you're saying is that the teams are healthier and the better team wins? What was the SEC bowl record the year before?

He really didn't think this through...I guess he failed to realize that the SEC only lost two Bowl games in 2015...one of those games was against Louisville...the other was Michigan beating Florida....otherwise the SEC rolled...

No that's the exact opposite of what I'm saying. The better team is the one that can go 2-3 deep without a large dropoff. Whenever the team with less depth has a month to get healthy that takes depth out of the equation because they are fresh and can roll out all of their starters for 4 quarters without testing their bench.

I don't know how UL would fair in the SEC but using a bowl game scenario as a predictor of success in a conference like the SEC is flawed logic. The conference is the NFL D League you have to account for the grind of playing those teams every week.

UK has shown under Stoops that it can complete in the SEC for the first 6 weeks until the injuries start piling up. We haven't had enough quality depth to match many of the teams in the SEC when our team is gased and limping into the game. Our best receiver played the second half of the season and couldn't lift one of his arms above his head.

No that's the exact opposite of what I'm saying. The better team is the one that can go 2-3 deep without a large dropoff. Whenever the team with less depth has a month to get healthy that takes depth out of the equation because they are fresh and can roll out all of their starters for 4 quarters without testing their bench.

I don't know how UL would fair in the SEC but using a bowl game scenario as a predictor of success in a conference like the SEC is flawed logic. The conference is the NFL D League you have to account for the grind of playing those teams every week.

UK has shown under Stoops that it can complete in the SEC for the first 6 weeks until the injuries start piling up. We haven't had enough quality depth to match many of the teams in the SEC when our team is gased and limping into the game. Our best receiver played the second half of the season and couldn't lift one of his arms above his head.
Believe me, Louisville would have it easier in your division of the SEC compared to our current division.

Believe me, Louisville would have it easier in your division of the SEC compared to our current division.

The current SEC East is at a historic low...only Tennessee and Georgia-(with the Bulldogs going through a coaching change) are legit Top 20 teams...Missouri, South Carolina, Florida-(a year away) is down and Vandy is Vandy. Louisville on the other hand has two of the Top 8 teams in the country in it own division with Clemson likely Preseason #1

...UK has shown under Stoops that it can complete in the SEC for the first 6 weeks until the injuries start piling up. We haven't had enough quality depth to match many of the teams in the SEC when our team is gased and limping into the game. Our best receiver played the second half of the season and couldn't lift one of his arms above his head.
Fool's gold. LPT has competed under Stupes in the first half of the season largely because your schedules have been back-end loaded.

The average SEC schedule is strong, but the average SEC EAST schedule ain't necessarily so. And your clown program has blown some great opportunities the last couple of years taking advantage of that.

LPT Football: World beaters after six games...

Last edited:
Catfan assumes that Louisville isn't as deep or as talented as SEC teams, but the NFL draft didn't bear that out in recent years. Kentucky fans always thump their chests about the SEC, yet they are generally the eighth or ninth best team on our schedule every year. They were barely the third best team in the state last year. Oh, and that back loaded schedule. Not this year. They've got USM, at Florida, a Muschamp led USC, and at Alabama in the first half, and virtually no depth or experience at QB. Keep chanting SEC, SEC. It's all you've got...

The better team is the one that can go 2-3 deep without a large dropoff. Whenever the team with less depth has a month to get healthy that takes depth out of the equation because they are fresh and can roll out all of their starters for 4 quarters without testing their bench.

Actually, the better team is the one that wins the game.

But even to have fun with you and entertain your "angle" - whenever a team has a month to get healthy they still may not end up being 100% healthy.

Also, you're not taking into account development of more talented players that might have been lower on the depth chart (youth) earlier in the year but outplayed guys ahead of them during the season and come bowl game are now showing up higher on the depth chart than they did initially - because the younger player has turned into the superior player.

See how that works bub? I'm sure you do, but you probably don't want to acknowledge that.

Actually, the better team is the one that wins the game.

But even to have fun with you and entertain your "angle" - whenever a team has a month to get healthy they still may not end up being 100% healthy.

Also, you're not taking into account development of more talented players that might have been lower on the depth chart (youth) earlier in the year but outplayed guys ahead of them during the season and come bowl game are now showing up higher on the depth chart than they did initially - because the younger player has turned into the superior player.

See how that works bub? I'm sure you do, but you probably don't want to acknowledge that.

Even going by hindsight...many thought #3 BCS Florida was going to crush Louisville in the Sugar Bowl...look at the roster now and Louisville simply had better players...most of the Cardinals are now playing and playing well in the National Football League

Goofy timing of the game theory also fails to capture suspensions and/or guys ceremoniously kicked off the team for one reason or another that always seems to come up for bowl games. Those deeper teams can handle those problems much easier than the teams that lack that depth amirite?

All teams have to deal with those suspensions/dismissals.

Where's the flush down the toilet emoji.

The conference is the NFL D League you have to account for the grind of playing those teams every week.

UK has shown under Stoops that it can complete in the SEC for the first 6 weeks until the injuries start piling up.

(1) Except you aren't "playing those teams every week." There's still You, Vandy, SC, and several other less than juggernaut teams. This "every week in the SEC is a grind" line of thinking is a pure and utter myth. You get Vandy, SC, Missouri and MSU as 4 of your conference opponents and they, outside of You, are the four worst teams in the league and you still can't do anything with that gift. So spare me the "grind" of the SEC. . . at least as it pertains to You.

(2) No it hasn't. It has shown that it (still) can't compete with the conference big boys. Has little to do with "injuries piling up." Competing with SC and Missouri is not competing in the SEC as a whole. Look at the blowouts over the last 2 seasons---it can hardly be said that you were "competing" and, again, injuries had little to do with it.

(3) Finally, go back to your own board and that echo chamber of imbeciles. You'll find your same level of stupid over there as opposed to here.

(1) Except you aren't "playing those teams every week." There's still You, Vandy, SC, and several other less than juggernaut teams. This "every week in the SEC is a grind" line of thinking is a pure and utter myth. You get Vandy, SC, Missouri and MSU as 4 of your conference opponents and they, outside of You, are the four worst teams in the league and you still can't do anything with that gift. So spare me the "grind" of the SEC. . . at least as it pertains to You.

(2) No it hasn't. It has shown that it (still) can't compete with the conference big boys. Has little to do with "injuries piling up." Competing with SC and Missouri is not competing in the SEC as a whole. Look at the blowouts over the last 2 seasons---it can hardly be said that you were "competing" and, again, injuries had little to do with it.

(3) Finally, go back to your own board and that echo chamber of imbeciles. You'll find your same level of stupid over there as opposed to here.
Mizzou was a top 25 team until last year and MSU was the #1 team in the country for a few weeks and has been very solid. Dan Mullen is one of the hotter names on college football right now. I fail to see how citing those two supports your theory of UK playing weak teams in-conference or debunked mine that the SEC is a weekly grind. Mizzou has had one of the premier pass rushes in the country since joining the conference

Mizzou was a top 25 team until last year and MSU was the #1 team in the country for a few weeks and has been very solid. Dan Mullen is one of the hotter names on college football right now. I fail to see how citing those two supports your theory of UK playing weak teams in-conference or debunked mine that the SEC is a weekly grind. Mizzou has had one of the premier pass rushes in the country since joining the conference

It's a weekly grind for you, because you suck....that's all. If you're the 12th or 13th best team in a 14 team league then, of course, every game is a "grind." The decent teams in your league have breather weeks in conference. You of all people should know that.

You're not going to find any respect for your historically awful program on this board. In fact, you're not likely to find it on ANY board. Not Vandy, not WKU and probably not even EKU. Again, I suggest you head back to that den of ignorance that's the UK board. There you'll find like thinking fools like jauk and Bill Derington and you all can discuss to your heart's content how gaps are closing, how many stars some rube from Paintsville has and how Porky is "just getting started bro!"

Yeah, mighty Missouri lost at home to 4-8 Indiana, you can't go by rankings when an SEC team is involved. I do know of an SEC team that was 11-1 and got spanked by a certain school.

Yeah, mighty Missouri lost at home to 4-8 Indiana, you can't go by rankings when an SEC team is involved. I do know of an SEC team that was 11-1 and got spanked by a certain school.

To give Missouri credit...they did come in from the outside of the SEC and won back to back Division Titles...kind of slay the "myth" of anyone from outside the SEC can't compete with them...

Reactions: Mayoman
It's a weekly grind for you, because you suck....that's all. If you're the 12th or 13th best team in a 14 team league then, of course, every game is a "grind." The decent teams in your league have breather weeks in conference. You of all people should know that.

The truth is, all the other teams in the SEC except for possibly Vanderbilt see UK as their breather game. That's why any talk of "closing the gap" is ridiculous because UK is not taken seriously by its opponents. I know everyone has to play lip service to "every game counts" and sure it does. But you can't tell me 18-22 year old kids who know UK's reputation aren't overlooking UK when they have bigger fish to fry on their schedule.

Let me explain, i will wait for the pictures.. Let me explain this to you..You can have a picture of a great hit or a touchdown of a team that lost. So, i don't really need any pictures. Heck i don't play i just watch.

The problem I have with the SEC argument is their Non-Conference schedule which is something I posted in another thread. Basically the SEC in general avoids playing really difficult Non-Conference games or plays 1 difficult Non-Conference game and the other three are a combination of FCS schools or very poor FBS schools. Then they justify that type of scheduling in the name of "the SEC grind." They claim that the SEC Conference schedule is so tough that they don't need to schedule really hard out of conference. My point is the way teams prove their Conference is so tough is by the games they schedule and win out of conference.

For instance, let's look at Tennessee's schedule. They play Virginia Tech who went 6-6 last year. Virginia Tech should be better but beating Virginia Tech is hardly a test of conference strength because the game is a mismatch. Tennessee went 9-4 last year while VT was a middling Bowl team. Then the rest of Tennessee's Non-Conference schedule consists of Ohio, Appalachian State and Tennessee Tech. That's the kind of thing I am talking about.
That is my point. TN plays VA tech who went 6-6 last year but they also play Bama and FL and Ga. also they played OK last year. Look at TN schedule who they played last year and compare it to your team.

And by the way cffl87 we can do anything we want. This IS OUR board so we, just as your minions do, can do anything we want. If you don't like it then just go away. We are far, far superior to uahkay in football regardless of which league you or us play in. All you have to do is compare our records in the MODERN series against one another. See how that works? :D:rolleyes: I think The Public Enemy got it exactly right.

I do agree with you except i'm a VOL fan and i will tell you KY plays in the SEC. I would root for the cards over KY because i Hate KY and their fans but KY does play in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT