ADVERTISEMENT

SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
After going through a full season, Kentucky has played only 4 rpi top 50 games, only A&M from the SEC is top 50. They shouldn't call it P5 in basketball, unless #5 is the Big East.

It's true the SEC hasn't been great the past few years, fortunately it hasn't hurt UK's performance in the NCAA tournament.

And I wasn't aware of UK's number of top 50 RPI teams, (thanks for looking that up). Do you know UK's record vs. those top 50 teams?

Last edited:
It's true the SEC hasn't been great the past few years, fortunately it hasn't hurt UK's performance in the NCAA tournament.

And I wasn't aware of UK's number of top 50 RPI teams (thanks for looking that up). Do you know UK's record vs. those top 50 teams?
2-2

And I wasn't aware of UK's number of top 50 RPI teams (thanks for looking that up). Do you know UK's record vs. those top 50 teams?
And if you're trying to make me look obsessive, I'm not on my rivals board like some people.

I was just responding to your post. And I acknowledge the SEC isn't a strong conference.
I just like trolling the trolls. And if you want to read this later, copy and paste now, because steelers deletes my posts every chance he gets.

I think it is funny when you say the SEC hasn't been good in basketball for a few years, do you mean it has had only a few good years in the history of the conference ?

What other conference do you only have to beat two really crappy teams to make the Championship game? The Horizon league or the MAAC maybe.

Reactions: Deeva
After going through a full season, Kentucky has played only 4 rpi top 50 games, only A&M from the SEC is top 50. They shouldn't call it P5 in basketball, unless #5 is the Big East.
Kentucky is 2-0 aganist the mighty ACC. UL and duke.

Reactions: cwcat
Yes but recall what you rubes say about the SEC in football when we beat SEC teams (not counting the Yutcats). It's easy to get up for one game when the rest of your schedule is full of mid majors. The ACC is a grind. You'd have finished around 5 or 6 in our league. See works both ways

In the last 10 years the ACC has 4 teams that have made a FF, Big East 3, Big 12 2, Big 10 5, Pac10 1, etc. SEC has 3. There's not a difference really in tournament performance as it relates to conference difficulty. Why it matters what the rest of your conference does, makes no sense. If you're good and make a run in the tourney, you do it whether or not your conference affiliates are good or not.

And if you want to say it helps out a teams' seeding well UK made it to the championship as a 7 seed two years ago.

UK isn't responsible for the rest of the conference and how it performs...just like UL isn't responsible for Wake, Syracuse, BC or UVA in football...

We went 2-0 against the best the ACC had to offer this year...went 3-0 against ACC last year...

I'm not sure what the point is...there could be a super conference of championship programs and I'll bet dollars to donuts that UK comes out on top or darn near it more often than not...

Last edited:
UK isn't responsible for the rest of the conference and how it performs...just like UL isn't responsible for Wake, Syracuse, BC or UVA in football...

We wen't 2-0 against the best the ACC had to offer this year...went 3-0 against ACC last year...

I'm not sure what the point is...there could be a super conference of championship programs and I'll bet dollars to donuts that UK comes out on top or darn near it more often than not...
That's such a cool story. Go and tell Matty Bangs about it

Reactions: CommodoreCard
That's such a cool story. Go and tell Matty Bangs about it

well at least you responded and didn't delete my post all together...more than i can say for some...

as for "Matty Bangs"...if he was whining about the SEC i would tell him...but he's not...

long story short...you play your schedule and your conference opponents...it's not up to you how good they are throughout the season...

Reactions: CatPhight

Feel better? It's not Louisville, I don't care. Thanks for yet another uk thread. You make UofL fans look psycho. Good going.

We went 2-0 against the best the ACC had to offer this year...

Hold up. When did Uk play North Carolina and Virginia this season? You know the two teams that finished #1 and #2 in the ACC this year thus being the "best the ACC had to offer?". Let's not let those pesky things called facts get in your way. UofL and Duke finished #4 and #5 in the ACC. I do appreciate the compliment toward UofL though.

Reactions: earsky and Deeva
LPT obviously gets up for those ACC teams. Not many other decent teams on their schedule. Pitino Lite knows the Super Bowl effect all too well.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: Deeva

We went 2-0 against the best the ACC had to offer this year...went 3-0 against ACC last year...

Did you give UofL the same benefit of the doubt when we played in C-USA or the Big East in football? I think not, however, we still beat your SEC butt.

well at least you responded and didn't delete my post all together...more than i can say for some...

as for "Matty Bangs"...if he was whining about the SEC i would tell him...but he's not...

long story short...you play your schedule and your conference opponents...it's not up to you how good they are throughout the season...

You play your schedule and your conference opponents year after year after year and you become the program with the most wins,its much easier to make the NCAA Tournament especially when the field was much smaller.Of course your going to have more conference championships in the sez and of course the more wins the better seed although this year the sez champion is only a 4 seed.Could you have racked up all that in another conference? Of course not! Being in the sec is the reason cayut fans have such a false sense of being above every other team.You would have to be stupid to think you could do that in any of the other conference.Basketball has ALWAYS been a joke in the sec.Truth is Louisville has been more impressive than uofk for a while now.In the Big East 16 teams and 15 of them had been to a final 4 with S.Florida being the only member to not make one.The Cards were at the top of that conf.every year except for maybe the first year 05.Winning 2 conf.championships.
IN the ACC 11 of the 15 members have been to a final 4.
IN the SEZ only 4 or 5 out of 14 teams have been to a final 4 so when you talk about the winningest team in college basketball its nothing to brag about when you realize how you got there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT