ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Holders Honest Question

You don't understand--there's a simple answer.

When you underperform, you'll be at risk. That's even true for slapd!cks. One of the primary objectives of university higher-ups is fund raising, and you wanna reduce that in this situation.

Unfortunately, that also affects the teams involved in real time to some degree. Nothing you can do about that but take the longer view. Those players and coaches are not primarily responsible for fund raising.

DO NOT write big checks to U of L for the time being...

Once we continue our progress and winning ways, you’ll be out on that special zipp island. Btw...I heard you were gonna call out Tyra at the WBB luncheon. How’d that go?

Once we continue our progress and winning ways, you’ll be out on that special zipp island. Btw...I heard you were gonna call out Tyra at the WBB luncheon. How’d that go?
There's "no trespassing" on that island...

I was at a table of boo birds so no one stood out.

Couldn't believe the idiot actually mentioned Postel in his remarks. That got a little more participation, but shows how cloudy his judgement is.

Fun to hear and reassuring what people in the real world actually think. Thanks for asking...

The question is do you invest in uncertainty? No wise investor puts his money towards a certain unknown. No one knows what's going to happen. We've got an interim AD, interim bball coach, interim president, a rogue BOT, the watch is on to see what other coaches will do. There's not a savvy investor (donor) out there who should put forth a dime towards UofL right now. In fact, they should be pulling their money, which some are rumored to be doing as we speak. Can't blame them one bit.
Really strange way of looking at it. Did you take all that was left of your investments out of the stock market after the crash? I am a long time UL fan and over the years have donated a substantial sum of dollars in UL Athletics. Overall I have enjoyed the return on that investment. Cannot imagine taking your advice.

Really strange way of looking at it. Did you take all that was left of your investments out of the stock market after the crash? I am a long time UL fan and over the years have donated a substantial sum of dollars in UL Athletics. Overall I have enjoyed the return on that investment. Cannot imagine taking your advice.
Bad analogy...

U of L is a stock, college athletics is the stock market. Will college athletics survive?...Sure. Will individual schools survive their own ineptitude?...Less certain.

The only reason your future has any certainty is because of where Jurich has put you. How easy will it be for agendists, politicians, closet slapd!cks, and/or other unqualified people to bring you down? I guess we'll find out.

But no reason to bet your money on that...

Last edited:
Bad analogy...

U of L is a stock, college athletics is the stock market. Will college athletics survive?...Sure. Will individuals schools survive their own ineptitude?...Less certain.

The only reason your future has any certainty is because of where Jurich has put you. How easy will it be for agendists, politicians, closet slapd!cks, and/or other unqualified people to bring you down? I guess we'll find out.

But no reason to bet your money on that...

I guess I will have to wait until the market shows signs of dipping. Right now all that’s changed is the firm. Not saying I like the new firm but love the product. I can always stop contributing if the firm doesn’t invest the way I like.

You don't understand--there's a simple answer.

When you underperform, you'll be at risk. That's even true for slapd!cks. One of the primary objectives of university higher-ups is fund raising, and you wanna reduce that in this situation.

Unfortunately, that also affects the teams involved in real time to some degree. Nothing you can do about that but take the longer view. Those players and coaches are not primarily responsible for fund raising.

DO NOT write big checks to U of L for the time being...
Are you saying don’t support the baseball program by buying season tickets? Aren’t you one of those that claim McDonnell might leave and follow Jurich? By boycotting your support for baseball will surely result in McDonnell leaving and I don’t think many will care where he goes, only that he leaves.

Keeping mine through 2019. Been waiting a lifetime for Notre Dame to come to Louisville and hopefully have a repeat performance of when we went up there. Past that season, I can't say. Depends on how thing shake out between now and then. But I will be in my regular seat for Notre Dame opening game 2019;

Keeping mine through 2019. Been waiting a lifetime for Notre Dame to come to Louisville and hopefully have a repeat performance of when we went up there. Past that season, I can't say. Depends on how thing shake out between now and then. But I will be in my regular seat for Notre Dame opening game 2019;
Bet you can get seats without mai big your season tickets for the next two years.

Just sayin’...

Are you saying don’t support the baseball program by buying season tickets? Aren’t you one of those that claim McDonnell might leave and follow Jurich? By boycotting your support for baseball will surely result in McDonnell leaving and I don’t think many will care where he goes, only that he leaves.
Buying baseball tix ain't writing a "big check". I just bought a pair this week. Same goes for soccer and women's basketball and any other sport charging admission...

...EXCEPT for football and men's basketball. Those are the big ticket sports for big $$$. And any donations you make to U of L. Rein all of that in.

Not saying you don't go to those games, but you don't pay up to go. Pay the minimum...

Bet you can get seats without mai big your season tickets for the next two years.

Just sayin’...

Probably so, but I've had these seats for years and I want to watch from those seats. 3rd row in the crunch zone will be crazy expensive on the open market. Call it sentimental, foolish, whatever. But that's where I want to see the Notre Dame game from.

Probably so, but I've had these seats for years and I want to watch from those seats. 3rd row in the crunch zone will be crazy expensive on the open market. Call it sentimental, foolish, whatever. But that's where I want to see the Notre Dame game from.
Believe me - I understand. I’m sentimental about my seats as well but, I’m finding myself less and less with each time postel steps to the podium.

I’ll be at the ND game as well and, I expect that tickets won’t be cheap. It’ll be a helluva lot cheaper than two years of season tickets and donations though.

I have friends that need tickets.
Excellent - tell your “friends” that ticket prices through Ghosthub are $75 per seat - per game with a $500 annual per seat donation. Call 888-EAT-SH!T.

Serious inquires only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NISMOZCARD
Excellent - tell your “friends” that ticket prices through Ghosthub are $75 per seat - per game with a $500 annual per seat donation. Call 888-EAT-SHIT.

Serious inquires only.
Excellent response Ghost!! Eatwood can shove it!

Unless you sit in the upper row of either Bailout Arena or PJCS, you can piecemeal your ticket purchases for the season and pay no more than you will now for season tix.

I know that because I do it in basketball every year. It may be a little more difficult in football, but I doubt it. This year, you would have paid $200-300 for the Clemson game and maybe $30 average for everything else. You just have to do it.

To make the point better, I plan to curb further what I pay for basketball tix. Normally, I shell out $2,000-3,000 for a pair on the season. This year, I'll keep that number well under a grand. I haven't even had lower arena sellers call me this year, and I suspect people are dropping their tix and don't have them to sell. I hope they're doing that (dropping lower arena accounts) in large numbers...

Zipp or for anyone that may know the answer to my question, I know that season tickets goes up every year, but do donations as well?

Zipp or for anyone that may know the answer to my question, I know that season tickets goes up every year, but do donations as well?
I'm not a primary buyer of annual donor seats anymore, but I think the answer is "no". And that's really unlikely to change in basketball for some time to come. If anything, you might see the opposite happen--lower donation levels.

The added capacity in football will also work against increases. As you say, the tickets themselves will increase almost every year...

I'm not a primary buyer of annual donor seats anymore, but I think the answer is "no". And that's really unlikely to change in basketball for some time to come. If anything, you might see the opposite happen--lower donation levels.

The added capacity in football will also work against increases. As you say, the tickets themselves will increase almost every year...

Thank you for answering my question in case of the possibility I renew my season tickets for football, I don't have to worry about increase donation.

Kinda hope some of you doomsday preppers are right regarding people dropping tickets. I keep working my way closer to the court in the Yum Center. Hope that continues.

Kinda hope some of you doomsday preppers are right regarding people dropping tickets. I keep working my way closer to the court in the Yum Center. Hope that continues.
I'm not sure if you're exaggerating your interest, but you should be able to sit on the bench going forward if you can write a nice check...

Brown-Forman dropped its suite. Nothing would demonstrate your excitement about the regime more than becoming its new occupant.

If you need help - I heard eatwood has some “friends” looking for tickets.

Brown-Forman dropped its suite. Nothing would demonstrate your excitement about the regime more than becoming its new occupant.

If you need help - I heard eatwood has some “friends” looking for tickets.

The only way to effectively express distaste for the “new regime” is in the voting booth. I will try my damndest in that lane. However my support of the team and the coaches will continue.

How is that?

If you recall, Beshear (DEM) started this mess.

So who you voting for, with any chance of winning, that gives a damn about UL?

And Beshear used the State's designated pension money fund for other projects, which was illegal and never put it back, leaving the current huge deficit. That was a criminal act! Consequently, Kentucky now has the lowest rated pension fund with lowest reserve and largest shortage of funds to obligation In the United States. Now Bevin is trying to fix the Beshear Folly! So much for good Democratic leadership! The City of Louisville has the exact same problem! Democratic leadership has almost destroyed the State of Kentucky's financial sovereignty! I rest my case!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollem Cards
How is that?

If you recall, Beshear (DEM) started this mess.

So who you voting for, with any chance of winning, that gives a damn about UL?

Bevin unilaterally dispatched the Board and replaced it with his people that were beholden to his interests. It was a complete misabuse of power, not a Democrat or Republican issue.

I’m a Bevin guy.

But he did appoint Grissom, and he’s behind firing TJ and costing (probably) UL millions more than it should.

I have written the Gov with my displeasure with this appointment.

So, both parties are “in it”, prompting my OP.

The only way to effectively express distaste for the “new regime” is in the voting booth. I will try my damndest in that lane. However my support of the team and the coaches will continue.
So will mine... Which has nothing to do with the clowns recently put in charge.

We have to own up to the fact that voters in Kentucky voted uninformed. They are lazy!
How does that make Kentuckians different than the rest of the lazy, uninformed, uninterested and unintelligent voters across the country?

Now do you all see why I asked the question in the 1st post of this thread? Nobody (I think) will want to sit in the stands and watch this sorry excuse of a defense.

The secondary market is probably the biggest threat to the University. The expansion will on drive ticket prices down. I would say overall the University doesn't really care how many people attend the game but they are really concerned how many season tickets they sell. The Louisville fanbase isn't that big add in bad football and lack of interest in playing Wake, BC, Syracuse season ticket purchases are going to decline.

The interesting sidebar is the fanbase is turning on Petrino, right or wrong, I have rarely seen these kinds of situations turn around. Brian Kelly did it at Notre Dame he made they perfect hire for his DC. It rarely happens though. The speed on which fanbases lose faith and are able to effectively voice their frustrationis staggering. Coaching in today's climate can't be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT