ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Holders Honest Question

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
With everything that has gone on with the university recently and with the STUPIDITY of Petrino settling on a DC goofball, plus the fact that our Heisman Trophy Winner won't be walking back through the door after the Bowl game, are you all going to renew your season tickets for next season?

After the Bowl games, I'm going to really consider it, NOT because of Jurich being gone, but because of if Petrino stays or goes and (IF) he goes, who'll be the replacement, and IF he stays, who'll he get to be the DC.

Plus the fact, everyone should expect a price hike again next season. My hope is IF I do renew them, the donation won't go up along w/the tickets.

Not renewing my 4. The home schedule simply isn’t worth what they want and as importantly, I have no intention of giving another nickel of donations to this bunch. I’m sure I’ll go to a game or two - I’ll just buy tickets on the secondary market.

The question is do you invest in uncertainty? No wise investor puts his money towards a certain unknown. No one knows what's going to happen. We've got an interim AD, interim bball coach, interim president, a rogue BOT, the watch is on to see what other coaches will do. There's not a savvy investor (donor) out there who should put forth a dime towards UofL right now. In fact, they should be pulling their money, which some are rumored to be doing as we speak. Can't blame them one bit.

Last edited:
I'm consisdering giving up mine, but for reasons completely unrelated to recent events. My wife's schedule has not allowed her to attend many games the last 2 years. We have season tickets in the Flight Deck, so if we give them up, I'm confident I can get similar seats fairly easily. It will be a renew time decision.

I have been a Cardinal football fan for 46 years. I will keep mine. Jurich was the one padding our schedule with the MAC, CUSA and Sun Belt teams. We should be playing our 4 OOC games with one team from the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and PAC 112.

The question is do you invest in uncertainty? No wise investor puts his money towards a certain unknown. No one knows what's going to happen. We've got an interim AD, interim bball coach, interim president, a rogue BOT, the watch is on to see what other coaches will do. There's not a savvy investor (donor) out there who should put forth a dime towards UofL right now. In fact, they should be pulling their money, which some are rumored to be doing as we speak. Can't blame them one bit.

If you look at sports watching as a transactional investment, then you should never go to a game or ever get tickets. There is no way to quantify the joy or pain or camaraderie of being a fan so you can never get the quantifiable return to satisfy the cash outlay. I choose to just be a fan.

Lots of fairweather in this thread, geez. Grow up. You go to games to have fun and support your school. There is never a guarantee of winning, but that is obviously what has the nays upset. I am keeping mine. We made it through Cooper and Kragthorpe. We'll do it again.

The situation is different from Cooper or Kragthorpe. I can understand why it's hard for some to support a school that's led by an incompetent and vindictive BOT and puppet prez. In situations like these, if you're pissed off like no other, the only thing you can do that they'll notice, is to hit them where it hurts- bank account.

Not renewing my 4. The home schedule simply isn’t worth what they want and as importantly, I have no intention of giving another nickel of donations to this bunch. I’m sure I’ll go to a game or two - I’ll just buy tickets on the secondary market.
I have
friends looking for tickets.

It'll be OK. Penn State came back pretty quick.

I have had season tickets since moving back to Louisville in 1971. I've seen A LOT of bad football. Much of it worse than what I see now. Other than as a "protest" why would I not reorder for next year?

Peace

Reactions: fredburgcard
Well they will find tickets if we don't find a defense.

Even if we keep buying tickets, we won't get anybody to go if the ship keeps sinking.

I'm keeping mine, but know from personal experience, you can't GIVE tickets away when times are bad.

This is why you can't compare us to Penn St as far as overcoming adversity. A bad crowd at PSU (106.5k capacity) would be 75k. That's still $4.95 mil per game. ($66 avg)

We get half that at 40k

The numbers of fans just aren't there. And only about 10k can get the cheap seats. Once they're gone these "waiting listers" will have to pay premium prices and donations.

The product will determine the demand.

All we can do now is hope all these people are as smart as they think they are.

If not, there are going to be six fans from each of ND, Clemson, and FSU that will get very good seats for a fair price.

Reactions: midniter
Lots of fairweather in this thread, geez. Grow up. You go to games to have fun and support your school. There is never a guarantee of winning, but that is obviously what has the nays upset. I am keeping mine. We made it through Cooper and Kragthorpe. We'll do it again.
No fair weather about it - straight dollars and cents. I’ve got better things to do with the 10-15K a year that I’ve been shelling out. Like I said - I’m still a fan but nowhere does it say that I have to pay to continue to be one - particularly when I disagree with what’s going on.

I’m keeping mine. Louisville might have a down year next year but they always come back. I may take opportunity to improve my seat location. I suffered thru the Krag era. I’ll make it thru this
I think next year we could be excellent. I think we could challenge for the ACC.

Reactions: GoldCard
We are giving up 522 yds per game in the ACC this year, but we will challenge for the conference title with no Lamar, And presumably the same D Cord???
You are a lost golf ball in high weeds. Drink some more friend!

Reactions: BPGhost
I think next year we could be excellent. I think we could challenge for the ACC.
Two years from now is more than likely the next chance. Unless Pass gets a ton of experience the rest of the season or Lamar comes back, then next year we will be in full rebuild.

I'm only speaking for me, not anyone else on this forum, IF I don't renew my season tickets for next year, it most certainly does not make me a fairweather fan in the least. I'm a passionate fan and want my team to succeed and don't want to sit in the stadium watching coaches on the sideline who doesn't need to be on them, and if Petrino can't find good coaches, then maybe it's time for him to leave and we'll find a coach who can.

I'm in an odd situation where if I don't renew in football, U of L makes MORE money. They're in the B&W Club with no donation, and U of L will sell those with a markup if I don't take them.

But I support anyone who doesn't renew football and men's basketball tix under normal circumstances. You buy tix in the secondary market, and try to attend on the cheap. That's what I'm doing in men's basketball for as little money as possible.

I suggest that you continue to buy tix from U of L in the other sports. U of L doesn't make a fraction of their budget on soccer, women's basketball, and baseball...

With everything that has gone on with the university recently and with the STUPIDITY of Petrino settling on a DC goofball, plus the fact that our Heisman Trophy Winner won't be walking back through the door after the Bowl game, are you all going to renew your season tickets for next season?

After the Bowl games, I'm going to really consider it, NOT because of Jurich being gone, but because of if Petrino stays or goes and (IF) he goes, who'll be the replacement, and IF he stays, who'll he get to be the DC.

Plus the fact, everyone should expect a price hike again next season. My hope is IF I do renew them, the donation won't go up along w/the tickets.
If you are only a fan of whoever is coaching the team then go ahead and bail out, because you are not a Cardinal fan to begin with. Bye!

I’m renewing. We will occasionally have bad years it’s part of sports. I tailgate with 25 people and we have a good time. I suffered through Crapthorp and I’ll manage through a down year. I don’t turn my back on my team because things aren’t going well. I’m not taking part in any protest against my school. So if it turns out I’m the only one there I’ll cheer for my Cards. As for the schedule it might not be great but I love FB. I prefer the better teams, but I show up for everyone of them. Rain or shine, hot or cold. To much fun. And I I’m not letting some UK board chase me away.

Reactions: SoulSr
I suggest that you continue to buy tix from U of L in the other sports. U of L doesn't make a fraction of their budget on soccer, women's basketball, and baseball...

Not to nit pick but UofL does make a fraction of their budget on women’s bball and baseball. It’s a real small fraction but it’s still a fraction. As a former math major I couldn’t let that one pass.

Not to nit pick but UofL does make a fraction of their budget on women’s bball and baseball. It’s a real small fraction but it’s still a fraction. As a former math major I couldn’t let that one pass.

And their about to make more at baseball now that their going to charge for tickets. Well unless Tyra changes that.

I don't wanna not give baseball and women's basketball their due... But the money they generate is a pittance compared to a $100 million (or what used to be) athletic budget. And every little bit of their money is important to their own program.

What you wanna rein in is your money to U of L for football and men's basketball beyond the price of admission. That's hitting them financially where it hurts the most...

Reactions: AKG17
I don't wanna not give baseball and women's basketball their due... But the money they generate is a pittance compared to a $100 million (or what used to be) athletic budget. And every little bit of their money is important to their own program.

What you wanna rein in is your money to U of L for football and men's basketball beyond the price of admission. That's hitting them financially where it hurts the most...

I get why people want to protest by withhold money, but what I question is why does anyone think the BOT will give a darn? I’m fairly certain they could careless. Which brings me back to my point. In the end we’re destroying the athletic program ourselves. It is a double bladed sword.

I get why people want to protest by withhold money, but what I question is why does anyone think the BOT will give a darn? I’m fairly certain they could careless. Which brings me back to my point. In the end we’re destroying the athletic program ourselves. It is a double bladed sword.
Well, let's get to that point and find out how much U of L, the City, and the State care.

I'm paraphrasing, but a coach due west of here once was quoted along the lines of Louisville is the engine driving Kentucky, and U of L is the engine driving Louisville.

To which I'd add that athletics is the one department at U of L that has grown, prospered, and funded itself like no other...

Keeping mine and may add 1

Reactions: Knucklehank1

Well, let's get to that point and find out how much U of L, the City, and the State care.

I'm paraphrasing, but a coach due west of here once was quoted along the lines of Louisville is the engine driving Kentucky, and U of L is the engine driving Louisville.

To which I'd add that athletics is the one department at U of L that has grown, prospered, and funded itself like no other...

Will protesting with the pocketbooks bring Jurich back? I don’t think there’s a chance, so I agree with CardsFirst on this one. Other than the firing of Jurich why would people protest? Football hasn’t been a total disaster yet.

Will protesting with the pocketbooks bring Jurich back? I don’t think there’s a chance, so I agree with CardsFirst on this one. Other than the firing of Jurich why would people protest? Football hasn’t been a total disaster yet.
Two reasons: (1) To get the a$$clowns--and their LPT influences--in charge now outta here, and (2) to give proper closure for their predecessors. Don't be a sheep...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollem Cards
Two reasons: (1) To get the a$$clowns--and their LPT influences--in charge now outta here, and (2) to give proper closure for their predecessors. Don't be a sheep...

That tactic is so flawed. Why on earth do you think starving the athletic department of funds will cause anyone who has blue ties to leave. Heck you’re just giving them more reason to stay. Basically your unwinding everything Jurich has built over the last 20 years. I don’t what the answer is, but I’m going to sit back and let the smoke clear and see if we continue to move forward. If I see them changing direction then and only then will I consider withholding funds.

That tactic is so flawed. Why on earth do you think starving the athletic department of funds will cause anyone who has blue ties to leave. Heck you’re just giving them more reason to stay. Basically your unwinding everything Jurich has built over the last 20 years. I don’t what the answer is, but I’m going to sit back and let the smoke clear and see if we continue to move forward. If I see them changing direction then and only then will I consider withholding funds.
You don't understand--there's a simple answer.

When you underperform, you'll be at risk. That's even true for slapd!cks. One of the primary objectives of university higher-ups is fund raising, and you wanna reduce that in this situation.

Unfortunately, that also affects the teams involved in real time to some degree. Nothing you can do about that but take the longer view. Those players and coaches are not primarily responsible for fund raising.

DO NOT write big checks to U of L for the time being...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT