ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Satterfield on interest from Louisville

That's slapd!ck speculation after the fact. The FACT is that no one questioned Petrino being re-upped in 2016 except for one national columnist I read. Certainly no one in U of L's camp who had the only dogs in the fight.

Petrino's buyout was commensurate with his salary and his place in the college coaching pecking order at that time. Mack has the same buyout today, and Brohm has a larger buyout. Those buyouts are to protect the coaches, NOT the schools.

On the flipside, I'm just glad that Stupes looks like a coach whom you can never get rid of...
No one questioned it? Speak for yourself. Petrino was damaged goods from day 1 and jurich overpaid. He wasn’t worthy of what he got and I think that’s pretty evident now. There is a reason no other schools came calling this time around. He was dang near un-hirable to begin with. Did you forget what happened in arky? You’re blinded by your affirmation for TJ.

No one questioned it? Speak for yourself. Petrino was damaged goods from day 1 and jurich overpaid. He wasn’t worthy of what he got and I think that’s pretty evident now. There is a reason no other schools came calling this time around. He was dang near un-hirable to begin with. Did you forget what happened in arky? You’re blinded by your affirmation for TJ.
You're simply analyzing after the fact. No one questioned the extension or its terms in 2016 which is the only time frame of relevance for a decision in 2016. Not 2018.

Worry about that contract your guy keeps getting extended. I love it...

Reactions: STLNBSE
You're simply analyzing after the fact. No one questioned the extension or its terms in 2016 which is the only time frame of relevance for a decision in 2016. Not 2018.

You just don’t get it bud. EVERYONE questioned the hiring of bobby 2.0! Not to mention the salary, extension, and buyout. This was jurich’s worst hire. Not krags, not pitino. At the time of those hires everything looked good and made sense. Sure they look bad now, but no one had a crystal ball. There was a mountain of evidence that deemed bobby 2.0 a bad idea and that’s why no one else would touch him. But not only did jurich hire him; he paid him market value.

Does Satterfield have some kind of edge/cockiness to him? All of his photos look like "Yay me, I coach for ASU, Boone NC such a nice place for my children to play and yay I'm so happy."

You just don’t get it bud. EVERYONE questioned the hiring of bobby 2.0! Not to mention the salary, extension, and buyout. This was jurich’s worst hire. Not krags, not pitino. At the time of those hires everything looked good and made sense. Sure they look bad now, but no one had a crystal ball. There was a mountain of evidence that deemed bobby 2.0 a bad idea and that’s why no one else would touch him. But not only did jurich hire him; he paid him market value.
Keep moving those goalposts in slapd!ck fashion! His "hire" was not in 2016. That's when his final contract as signed. You're using a straw man argument.

Making your case in HINDSIGHT has little or no value...

Eric Crawford addressed that and stated the media dropped the ball on coverage of it. mainly in lieu of the BB issues that were hot and heavy at that time.

Eric Crawford addressed that and stated the media dropped the ball on coverage of it. mainly in lieu of the BB issues that were hot and heavy at that time.
Yes, I don't really remember hearing anything about the buyout at that time, only that Petrino's contract had been extended.

That may be, but that's not defeating the argument that nobody opposed his contract. EC is in fact acknowledging that...

Good for Mack, but that's not the issue. U of L isn't compensated directly for wins and points scored...

Well now I'm just curious. Hypothetical question zipp - If you could make a deal for UofL to perpetuatally go .500 in every sport but be the most profitable in the nation would you take it?

You equate success back to profitability (with half cocked data because you simply don't have access to enough fiscal information to be remotely accurate in these estimations) and I'm just curious if you actually root for this team or just care about the money it makes. Literally beat MSU and you griping about attendance begs the question of what you define as successful.

Edit: Honestly, good for mack? Not good for UofL not good for the program? No ability to project long term impact those 4k seats will have on our 25.6 million annual basketball revenue and apply to the scope of our institutional operating budget of $1,230,835,100? Like seriously dude. You're an idiot. Just stop with this crap or at least take the time to download the public PDF and keep it all in perspective. No one is going bankrupt. UofL will be fine. Get over yourself.

Last edited:
Come on guys, ZIPP loves to play "Devil's Advocate" and punch your buttons. The louder you scream, the more ZIPP loved it. And you are good at it ZIPP.

Well now I'm just curious. Hypothetical question zipp - If you could make a deal for UofL to perpetuatally go .500 in every sport but be the most profitable in the nation would you take it?

You equate success back to profitability (with half cocked data because you simply don't have access to enough fiscal information to be remotely accurate in these estimations) and I'm just curious if you actually root for this team or just care about the money it makes. Literally beat MSU and you griping about attendance begs the question of what you define as successful.
Good question, but you're posing the impossible hypothetical...

Look at the most profitable college athletics departments in the country, and find me ONE that isn't successful on the field and court. They may occasionally take a downtick, but none ever languish at breakeven. And that's due to the cause-and-effect that matters: money drives wins. While you're at it, check the worst financial performers and you'll find bad athletics performance.

Wins OTOH do not drive money. Boise State is the 3rd winningest college football program in the past decade. They generate the 68th highest revenue. If you wanna stay with P5, Virginia Tech is the 13th winningest football program since 2000 and the 44th highest athletics revenue presently; TCU is 7th winningest and 39th highest in revenue.

Going back to my hypothetical... Just stop spending all of your marketing money, and pay up to get Saban or Dabo. When they win, you'll rake in tens of millions more--easy decision, as long as you have THAT cause-and-effect in the right order. (You don't...)

The intent of a hypothetical question is to elicit opinion. Not pose factual probability. Thanks for telling me winning makes money though, I never had a clue. Specifically the opinion I was curious about which takes priority for you if the two were mutually exclusive? Because ya know, we won and you're griping about money.

Good for Mack, but that's not the issue. U of L isn't compensated directly for wins and points scored...

You said earlier in the thread areas that count are money and wins.

The final score was a win.

Now you move your goalpost and say the win "is not the issue" when on page 1 of this thread you said areas that count are money and wins.

the areas that count, i.e., money and wins...

Wins counted on Saturday to Zipp. Now wins "are not the issue" oh my.

oWUuoMf.gif

You need to remember that hind sight is always 20/20. Look I was in favor of bringing him back and also in favor of ending his career here. His family went to bat for him in that he had restored their faith in him and that story was bought into. And there is no evidence of any moral wrongdoing on part during his last tenure here. Other than that his “coaching” was not in question at the time of his rehire. And, by the way, there were a ton of uahkay fans that wanted Barnhart to go after Bobby when they hired Stoops and that is totally undeniable. Tom Jurich only followed the coaching industry standards at the time. To be critical of Tom Jurich is simply hypocritical. TJ was fired for the Pitino mess and the issue that some of the cabal had with his power within the athletic department at a UofL in general. I assume you remember snotter and the cabal.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I said I was neutral on Mack.

This is laughable, even for you.

Talk about trying to rewrite some history.

If neutral is spending an entire summer pointing out any negative talking point you can find against the guy, while saying nothing positive... then yes you were neutral on him.

Last edited:
You need to remember that hind sight is always 20/20. Look I was in favor of bringing him back and also in favor of ending his career here. His family went to bat for him in that he had restored their faith in him and that story was bought into. And there is no evidence of any moral wrongdoing on part during his last tenure here. Other than that his “coaching” was not in question at the time of his rehire. And, by the way, there were a ton of uahkay fans that wanted Barnhart to go after Bobby when they hired Stoops and that is totally undeniable. Tom Jurich only followed the coaching industry standards at the time. To be critical of Tom Jurich is simply hypocritical. TJ was fired for the Pitino mess and the issue that some of the cabal had with his power within the athletic department at a UofL in general. I assume you remember snotter and the cabal.

Agreed with the entire post but do find it funny seeing UK fan stopping by with their revisionist theories too.

Agreed with the entire post but do find it funny seeing UK fan stopping by with their revisionist theories too.

Yeah they are real good at “revisionist theories/history”. I’ll never forget the “national football title” they won back in the early 50s. :D:D:D:p:p:p What a total joke they are.

Reactions: American Male
I remember when Leach locked his players in a shed.

Now he's at a P5 and his name seems to get thrown around annually on job openings.

The buyout for Petrino wasn't as ridiculous as people are making it out to be - see I agree with Zipp sometimes.

That doesn't clear BP for the fraud he was engaged in impersonating a HC last year.

You said earlier in the thread areas that count are money and wins.

The final score was a win.

Now you move your goalpost and say the win "is not the issue" when on page 1 of this thread you said areas that count are money and wins.
"Vince" is responsible for money AND wins. Not one or the other. Maybe that clarifies things.
Wins counted on Saturday to Zipp. Now wins "are not the issue" oh my...
You mean you want "Vince" lauded for one OOC basketball win? That IS desperation...

This is laughable, even for you.

Talk about trying to rewrite some history.

If neutral is spending an entire summer pointing out any negative talking point you can find against the guy, while saying nothing positive... then yes you were neutral on him.
And of course, with no evidence to back up that assertion.

As a matter of fact, I predicted BETTER results for him this year than you did...

The intent of a hypothetical question is to elicit opinion. Not pose factual probability. Thanks for telling me winning makes money though, I never had a clue...
No, that's what beano told you. If you've been following along, I said the opposite...

"Vince" is responsible for money AND wins. Not one or the other. Maybe that clarifies things.

You mean you want "Vince" lauded for one OOC basketball win? That IS desperation...

I don't want Vince lauded. My reference was about Mack, not that I want a statue made for him either.

I just like laughing at you moving goal posts in your "debates" you think you always win....

$ and wins matter! - Zipp

"What was the final score of the UofL/MSU game?" - Hop

That's not the issue! - Zipp

1P5GE3_1_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
..."What was the final score of the UofL/MSU game?" - Hop...
To reiterate...

If you want that to serve as evidence in opposition, I also offer it as evidence of desperation.

In 24 hours, you'll be able to trumpet a win over Central Arkansas...

Money and wins?

If there's anything that we have learned over the course of the past few years, it is the need for item #3 - NCAA compliance and the value of staying scandal-free. Seems like we're doing a much better job of that now.

That doesn't clear BP for the fraud he was engaged in impersonating a HC last year.
Exactly. Even my FB playing grandson complained about the play calling all year long. He was the first in the family to call for firing BP. His chat with some of the players after the Syracuse game only confirmed it. His impression was that BP had lost the team.

Money and wins?

If there's anything that we have learned over the course of the past few years, it is the need for item #3 - NCAA compliance and the value of staying scandal-free. Seems like we're doing a much better job of that now.

Zipp cared about clean and compliance when ranting about Mack over the summer. Hard to know if he still cares about that now, if you haven't noticed he moves goalposts.

But he's OUR goalpost mover.

Zipp cared about clean and compliance when ranting about Mack over the summer. Hard to know if he still cares about that now, if you haven't noticed he moves goalposts.

But he's OUR goalpost mover.
zipp always cares about staying away from risk. I voiced the same concern about Pitino, but that wouldn't fit your narrative. Xavier has already been linked to pay-for-play...that's fact, not my narrative.

And for the record, I've predicted better performance this year for Mack than you have. Keep dodging that fact as well...

And for the record, I've predicted better performance this year for Mack than you have. Keep dodging that fact as well...[/QUOTE]

I didnt make a prediction. I created a thread to temper expectations. I not once predicted a finish for the Cards and I'm still not.. but I did claim support for Mack.

You didn't predict either. You set a faux bar and posted a thread from twitter that proved my predictor of fan expectation was right and yours was wrong.

I laughed at your claim of neutrality in this thread in reference to the support of the coach anyway - it was not a reference to predictions.

But this is what you do. If you arent moving goal posts your concocting straw man arguments.

Make yourself useful and tell us how great Petrino's ACC record was going into the season, and tell us how that worked out for him.

Here's the analysis. Your analysis there was useless. You failed. Just like your coach, Bobby. At least your AD gave him the shoe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT