ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Satterfield on interest from Louisville

Why am I not surprised that this coaching search has videos of Appy State embedded in discussion threads? Gonna be a real easy sell for our crack shot marketing team...

Why am I not surprised that this coaching search has videos of Appy State embedded in discussion threads? Gonna be a real easy sell for our crack shot marketing team...

OMG, Zipp, LOL! I haven't thought about that video in a long time. Hilarious!

PS - I like Satterfield, at least a hell of a lot more than the Memphis guy. That's still funny AF.

Dude, you have the dirtiest program in America.
Not quite. Even the events of the last few years would leave us 3rd or 4th in the $EC.

True. Heck if you look at arrest records Bamas near the top. SuCk is rank 12th and we’re in the 70’s when you shake out all the ties. Are have just been high visibility lately.

Just one more SuCk troll

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I remember hearing the same thing from you about Mack. Look what that man is doing with less....major culture change and god damn it I have a man crush on him ...ok ?
I said I was neutral on Mack. The marketing reference is to fan support. How's our basketball attendance? And that's with a coach who's currently over-achieving.
I'm just glad Zipp isn't in charge of the hiring because we would have the dirtiest program in America. For once in a long time I can wear my Louisville stuff proudly .
When fans talk about academics or how clean their program is, you know they're not getting it done in the areas that count, i.e., money and wins...

I said I was neutral on Mack. The marketing reference is to fan support. How's our basketball attendance? And that's with a coach who's currently over-achieving.

When fans talk about academics or how clean their program is, you know they're not getting it done in the areas that count, i.e., money and wins...
For games against legitimate teams attendance has been solid. Talk about attendance once ACC play starts.

For games against legitimate teams attendance has been solid. Talk about attendance once ACC play starts.
That's incorrect. Attendance for the two homes games this year against "legit teams"--Vermont and Mich State--has been lower than last year and hardly "solid". That's unless six thousand below capacity satisfies you...

I’m not going to worry about attendance. I suspect next year things will be returning to normal. And for those not showing up in the lower bowl their loss. Those nit wits have already paid.

When fans talk about academics or how clean their program is, you know they're not getting it done in the areas that count, i.e., money and wins...[/QU

That's incorrect. Attendance for the two homes games this year against "legit teams"--Vermont and Mich State--has been lower than last year and hardly "solid". That's unless six thousand below capacity satisfies you...
Vermont isn’t a legitimate team. The network guys seemed impressed with the crowd for the Michigan St game. Not in town at the game so I can’t see if we are 6000 below capacity or not, but I’d imagine that it will be a hotter ticket as the season moves along into conference play if we keep playing well.

Zipp, Mack is a home run. Even you are going to have to admit that in the year or two.

Reactions: Art79
Well if not for last AD director writing the worst football contract ever seen we would have a lot more $$, Jurich is getting exposed.
Zipp will argue that jurich paid BP the going rate and that his buyout was on par with other coaches around the country. That is irrelevant because nobody and I mean nobody of any significance was going to hire petrino when jurich did. Jurich didn’t have to set his contract up to match the standard. Basically bobby was not worthy of the going rate, at least as the buyout is concerned. There really wasn’t any danger of him bolting either because there was no demand for him. Too much baggage and bad publicity

Zipp, Mack is a home run. Even you are going to have to admit that in the year or two.
I like what I see so far in the first several games. In a year or two, we'll have a couple of postseasons to experience. I'll be more than happy to say the guy's getting it done--if he does...

Zipp will argue that jurich paid BP the going rate and that his buyout was on par with other coaches around the country. That is irrelevant because nobody and I mean nobody of any significance was going to hire petrino when jurich did. Jurich didn’t have to set his contract up to match the standard. Basically bobby was not worthy of the going rate, at least as the buyout is concerned. There really wasn’t any danger of him bolting either because there was no demand for him. Too much baggage and bad publicity
Petrino's last contract was inked in 2016. When Petrino was hired is irrelevant.

As is what a slappy has to say about it...

Well if not for last AD director writing the worst football contract ever seen we would have a lot more $$, Jurich is getting exposed.
Jurich earned the money he needed to cover expenses--there are two sides to that equation.

The new guy just knows how to spend it...

Vermont isn’t a legitimate team. The network guys seemed impressed with the crowd for the Michigan St game. Not in town at the game so I can’t see if we are 6000 below capacity or not, but I’d imagine that it will be a hotter ticket as the season moves along into conference play if we keep playing well.
"Network guys" know nothing. Would you like me to quote you the actual attendance numbers (which you can find out of town BTW)?

Or are we changing the issue to fan enthusiasm?...

Zipp, be honest you thought Louisville was over paying for Mack based off his performance and being unproven. Satterfield, if hired, is proven at the level he coached I guess Louisville won't have to over pay him. It is the best hire from a program and financial stand point. Now watch them pay him 4.5M a year.

The notion that winning consistently championships at the lower level doesn't translate to Pwoer 5 is crazy. They have the same issues Power 5 guys have in building a roster and a program. That ability translates if that coach is supported and is all in.

Petrino's last contract was inked in 2016. When Petrino was hired is irrelevant.

As is what a slappy has to say about it...
The fact remains. He could have lowballed petrino and gotten away with it, thus saving millions but he chose to sweeten his contract. The demand for bobby was low. Non existent really. Why pay more when you don’t have to? That buyout was ridiculous

I got extremely lucky and scored floor seats to the MSU game and that place was rocking. I've said for years, they need to carve out one of the sides for the students and fans that actually want to get off their lazy asses and cheer. Attendance across the nation is down and its been a tumultuous few years, but anyone not impressed by Mack after the first 7 games should give up their fan card.

The fact remains. He could have lowballed petrino and gotten away with it, thus saving millions but he chose to sweeten his contract. The demand for bobby was low. Non existent really. Why pay more when you don’t have to? That buyout was ridiculous
That's slapd!ck speculation after the fact. The FACT is that no one questioned Petrino being re-upped in 2016 except for one national columnist I read. Certainly no one in U of L's camp who had the only dogs in the fight.

Petrino's buyout was commensurate with his salary and his place in the college coaching pecking order at that time. Mack has the same buyout today, and Brohm has a larger buyout. Those buyouts are to protect the coaches, NOT the schools.

On the flipside, I'm just glad that Stupes looks like a coach whom you can never get rid of...

Reactions: PushupMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT