ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule next year

9-3. I'll take 8-4. Anything less then FARR that sonofabeyitch.
Serious question.

Who can we hire with a “name” big enough to get fans back, play exciting offense, physical defense, and recruit with the elites……..

for what we be able to pay them?

I never say “it can’t get any worse” because it always can.

What we need more than ANYTHING right now is a salesman. Not a business man. A SALESMAN.

Someone who can sell the vision and get fans and donors back before we worry about coaches.

We need money.

Reactions: rh62531
My personal opinion not that anyone asked, I think the program needs somebody that wants to be here as the HC. Need to find an alum and if they need to grow into it let them.

But what will happen is every 3-5 yrs the HC will recycle and maybe 1 out of 4 times the HC change will work out.

Serious question.

Who can we hire with a “name” big enough to get fans back, play exciting offense, physical defense, and recruit with the elites……..

What we need more than ANYTHING right now is a salesman. Not a business man. A SALESMAN.

Someone who can sell the vision and get fans and donors back before we worry about coaches.

We need money.

Good question. I certainly think Brohm can address several of those but let’s put him aside for a minute.

I think Louisville likes a coach that has a bit of a chip on his shoulder, embraces a us against the world mentality, takes some chances on some guys. We used to have some swagger but now we are dull and unappealing. Our games used to be big parties and now they feel like lunch at Subway. I think the right coach would be able to clean up in the transfer portal. Obviously having credibility recruiting in the city and in South Florida is a must. I want a coach that has some personality and has a product on the field that can be sold to fans. Satt is just a really bad fit.

Louisville is playing poker with scared money. They lost their edge and commitment to being great. We will see what happens with the new administration.

They have rolled the dice. Next year is it. The defense is the key. They are not exactly killing it right now. Brown is losing players in the position he coaches. He has 5 other guys that started or will be for other Power 5 teams. Yeast turns out to be pretty damn good at KSU and was frankly terrible at Louisville. Two other corners transfer and started for Virginia and MSU. Something is not right.

As of today they will be lucky to have a winning record. The offense is fine but the defense that needed additions is only losing guys. They can still turn it around but man it doesn’t look good on January 10th.

Good question. I certainly think Brohm can address several of those but let’s put him aside for a minute.

I think Louisville likes a coach that has a bit of a chip on his shoulder, embraces a us against the world mentality, takes some chances on some guys. We used to have some swagger but now we are dull and unappealing. Our games used to be big parties and now they feel like lunch at Subway. I think the right coach would be able to clean up in the transfer portal. Obviously having credibility recruiting in the city and in South Florida is a must. I want a coach that has some personality and has a product on the field that can be sold to fans. Satt is just a really bad fit.
BINGO.

Satterfield seems like a great guy. I have nothing bad to say about him as a person. There's absolutely nothing wrong with understanding that maybe this isn't the level of football that is best suited for his ability and this CERTAINLY isn't the best job suited for his personality.

He just isn't a good fit here from multiple angles. In no way should a major, urban University in a talent bare state be coached by an " aww shucks, dagnabit, we'll get em next time, we played hard" conservative coach with no personality and no swagger or ego. That might work at App State or a much better program that can recruit locally and sell the program more than the coach but we don't have that luxury. We need someone "like" Lane Kiffen here. A brash, risk taking, shit talker, that will sell, sell, sell, sell the program.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
BINGO.

Satterfield seems like a great guy. I have nothing bad to say about him as a person. There's absolutely nothing wrong with understanding that maybe this isn't the level of football that is best suited for his ability and this CERTAINLY isn't the best job suited for his personality.

He just isn't a good fit here from multiple angles. In no way should a major, urban University in a talent bare state be coached by an " aww shucks, dagnabit, we'll get em next time, we played hard" conservative coach with no personality and no swagger or ego. That might work at App State or a much better program that can recruit locally and sell the program more than the coach but we don't have that luxury. We need someone "like" Lane Kiffen here. A brash, risk taking, shit talker, that will sell, sell, sell, sell the program.
Brohm was always the right guy timing just wasn’t right either time. Passionate about his job and city. Win-Win. I am not saying he would take Louisville to the top but he would the one guy to unite the fanbase. We will see how it plays out. It is Satterfield’s job lose.

Reactions: EKYCard643
Outside of Brohm, another coach I absolutely would love to get is Charles Huff from Marshall. He’s young, a top recruiter, energetic and knows how to connect with both athletes and boosters. He has been a very highly regarded assistant under Saban, Franklin and Fleck. Was top recruiter in the nation before he got Marshall job.

Serious question.

We need money.
So what I am hearing you say is we need Prime Time to come be our coach. I'd be ALL in on that. How many butts would he put in the seats year 1 and he's starting to recruit with the best of them.

So what I am hearing you say is we need Prime Time to come be our coach. I'd be ALL in on that. How many butts would he put in the seats year 1 and he's starting to recruit with the best of them.

The Juwon Howard Effect - Penny at Memphis, Prime Time at Jackson State. Maybe Louisville should hire Donovan Mitchell and Lamar Jackson in 10ish years? LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Mayoman
From Card Chronicle:

—U of L ranks 14th in all of college football in terms of returning production for 2022. The Cards return 89% of their offensive production from last season, and 71% of their defensive production

9-3 is attainable next year
8-4 is a good season
7-5 puts him on the hot season for the following year
6-6 or less, FARR that sonofabeyitch as soon as the UK game is over. Louisville football fans are reasonable but even for us, 3 straight years without a winning record is not good enough in a bad ACC.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT