ADVERTISEMENT

Scariest team in the country right now?

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
IMO the scariest team out there that no one is talking about is Auburn. Yes, they started slow but have become a juggernaut of late. Just beat #18 Arkansas 56-3.

IF LSU should happen to beat Bama, I can easily see Auburn beating Bama and you have a 2 loss SEC champion in the playoff.

So you can talk OSU, Michigan, Bama all you want. IMO Auburn is the one to keep an eye on.

IMO the scariest team out there that no one is talking about is Auburn. Yes, they started slow but have become a juggernaut of late. Just beat #18 Arkansas 56-3.

IF LSU should happen to beat Bama, I can easily see Auburn beating Bama and you have a 2 loss SEC champion in the playoff.

So you can talk OSU, Michigan, Bama all you want. IMO Auburn is the one to keep an eye on.
Even more so than Auburn is LSU. Fornette is back, the passing game is coming along and they get BAMA at home. Plus they have more talent than Auburn IMO. BAMA vs. either is must see TV at our house.

Don't forget WVU. It will be interesting to see how the Big 12 works out on the top teams have to play one another.

Reactions: tkdcoach
I watched LSU Saturday night. Good, but not Auburn good IMO. I expect that LSU can beat Bama this weekend in Baton Rouge. That's why I said you could have a 2 loss SEC champ in the playoffs. LSU beats Bama, then Auburn Beats Bama. No one in the east can win the champ game. Wouldn't shock me a bit to see 2 loss Auburn representing the SEC in the Playoffs.

You know, I'll give Alabama their due respect because, well, because they've earned it. The rest of the SEC this year has not impressed me much at all. The ONE team that has easily distanced themselves from the rest of the SEC teams is Alabama. The Tide defense is on a different level. Any time a team can score touchdowns on defense, it's good. Any time a team can score at least 1 TD on defense for 10 straight games, it's phenomenal.

It's Alabama by a mile in the SEC. Not saying a rival like Auburn can't beat them. Obviously that's a rivalry game, but as long as Alabama has a defense that can score, there aren't going to be too many teams in college football that will be able to hang with them. The rest of the SEC is second rate compared to the Crimson Tide.

Reactions: ciswilldean3215
Respectfully disagree. Yes, Bama is very good, but you really need to watch an Auburn game. Playing scary good right now.

Bama Beat Arkansas 49-30. Auburn beat Arkansas 56-3. Auburns 2 losses were close games to Clemson and Tx AM early in the season.

UofL hung with Clemson at their place, and frankly should have beat them so comparing a Auburn loss to Clemson doesn't impress me much, and we all know what the Tide did to A&M who beat Auburn.

You're right about one thing, I haven't seen Auburn play much. Only bits and pieces of games, a little at a time as I channel surf. If it's not UofL, I'm just not that interested in watching anyone else play a full game. I just can't get into it, especially if it's the SEC which usually bores me to tears.

...IF LSU should happen to beat Bama, I can easily see Auburn beating Bama and you have a 2 loss SEC champion in the playoff...
No conference champion (CC) gets into the playoff simply because they win their conference. They have to be one of the four best teams.

A two-loss champ could get in, but that's also because some other teams lose at the top. A couple of undefeated teams and some good one-loss teams will beat out a two-loss champion IMO. And that would include a one-loss Bama from the SEC as a non-champion or even a non-divisional champ.

Don't believe the folks hyping the CC factor above all else...

I'm the opposite. I can't get enough of college football. There's a game on all day on Saturdays. Often I'm flipping between games. Saturday night I was flipping between Auburn/Ark, UK/Ms st/ LSU/Ole Miss and OSU/PSU. No problem keeping up with 4 games at once. LOL

Reactions: CardsFirst
No conference champion (CC) gets into the playoff simply because they win their conference. They have to be one of the four best teams.

A two-loss champ could get in, but that's also because some other teams lose at the top. A couple of undefeated teams and some good one-loss teams will beat out a two-loss champion IMO. And that would include a one-loss Bama from the SEC as a non-champion or even a non-divisional champ.

I'll make a gentlemans wager right now of $20 that IF Auburn wins the SEC CC game, they're in the playoffs.

I'll make a gentlemans wager right now of $20 that IF Auburn wins the SEC CC game, they're in the playoffs.
My point is they won't get in over good one-loss teams like Louisville or Michigan. If you want to add detail to that bet, I'm in...

Reactions: American Male
I'm the opposite. I can't get enough of college football. There's a game on all day on Saturdays. Often I'm flipping between games. Saturday night I was flipping between Auburn/Ark, UK/Ms st/ LSU/Ole Miss and OSU/PSU. No problem keeping up with 4 games at once. LOL
I am with you in that I am college fb crazy. If there is a game on, chances are I am watching. Even more so if it Auburn, LSU or Michigan. Just as long as it doesn't conflict with a Card's game.

My point is they won't get in over good one-loss teams like Louisville or Michigan. If you want to add detail to that bet, I'm in...

What kind of detail you after? My assertion as detailed as possible: IF Auburn wins the SEC CC game, they're in the playoffs. If they're in it, it means they finished the season with wins over LSU, Bama and the East champ. Obviously lose to Bama or LSU and they're not in the game.

So the first quantifier is IF Auburn is in the CC game. Second Quantifier is they win the CC game. Third quantifier is after winning CC game, they're in playoffs. Bet kicks in on third quantifier.

What kind of detail you after? My assertion as detailed as possible: IF Auburn wins the SEC CC game, they're in the playoffs. If they're in it, it means they finished the season with wins over LSU, Bama and the East champ. Obviously lose to Bama or LSU and they're not in the game.

So the first quantifier is IF Auburn is in the CC game. Second Quantifier is they win the CC game. Third quantifier is after winning CC game, they're in playoffs. Bet kicks in on third quantifier.
I don't see a two-loss SEC champ getting in over good one-loss non-champions like Louisville if we win out or the loser of Michigan-tOSU if they win out otherwise.

A two-loss SEC champ could, however, get in over those at-large teams with two losses or a one-loss champ from the Big XII or Pac 12. That's the detail I'm talking about, and I don't deny that possibility.

If you wanna simply your bet, I'll give you ANY team in the nation with two losses including your Auburn example... That team won't get in over a one-loss Louisville. Is that a bet?...

Auburn won't get in; losing twice at home? If it were at College Station and Clemson I'd give them the benefit of doubt somewhat.

...it's immaterial to argue though.

If Clemson, Michigan, Washington and WVU stay unbeaten, then a two loss SEC champion is going to be playing In the Sugar Bowl, most likely, with Louisville and OSU in the Orange. A million things can, and will, happen between now and then. Go Cards!

I'll admit when I saw the score of the Auburn/Arkansas game I was like, "whoa!" Having said that, I'm not so sure Arkansas is who everyone thought they were. But, that beat down was impressive. Auburn has had the scheduling fortune of mainly playing at home thus far. Their remaining games include @ Ole Miss, @ UGA, and, yes, @ Alabama. I'd be shocked if they won in Tuscaloosa.

I don't see a two-loss SEC champ getting in over good one-loss non-champions like Louisville if we win out or the loser of Michigan-tOSU if they win out otherwise.

A two-loss SEC champ could, however, get in over those at-large teams with two losses or a one-loss champ from the Big XII or Pac 12. That's the detail I'm talking about, and I don't deny that possibility.

If you wanna simply your bet, I'll give you ANY team in the nation with two losses including your Auburn example... That team won't get in over a one-loss Louisville. Is that a bet?...

My bet was/is predicated on Auburn winning out including the SEC CC game. Wouldn't be interested in any other 2 loss team.

If Clemson, Michigan, Washington and WVU stay unbeaten, then a two loss SEC champion is going to be playing In the Sugar Bowl, most likely, with Louisville and OSU in the Orange. A million things can, and will, happen between now and then. Go Cards!

I don't think the B-12 gets in over a 1 loss Louisville, Ohio State or Michigan.

It is Louisville!

If a 2 loss SEC team gets in over a 1 loss team, we will get to an 8 team playoff in record time. It's what they should have done in the first place.

We could find out this year if they truly put the four best teams in the CFP or stick to the old sorry way of doing business. It will be interesting. If they select the 4 best no two loss SEC team will get in over a one loss UL, OSU, etc....

The Louisville Cardinals w/BP, Lamar Jackson, The best TE in college football, Skill guys all over on offense including an absolute hammer and nail at RB in Jeremy Smith and Radcliffe. The most improved O-Line in the nation, Todd Grantham defense full of NFL talent.......,,,,,

Miss anything?

My bet was/is predicated on Auburn winning out including the SEC CC game. Wouldn't be interested in any other 2 loss team.
Fine, that just improves my odds. You get Auburn with two losses as SEC champ, and I get one-loss U of L. My team gets in; yours does not. But I'm not holding my breath for a bet because Auburn won't get to that point. (The Cards will...)

Reactions: WKCard
Alabama will take care of its business. No division loser will make the playoffs.

how ironic would it be to get another shot at Auburn.

Fine, that just improves my odds. You get Auburn with two losses as SEC champ, and I get one-loss U of L. My team gets in; yours does not. But I'm not holding my breath for a bet because Auburn won't get to that point. (The Cards will...)

We have a deal then sir. Obviously, if both should happen to get in, it's a tie.

The Louisville Cardinals w/BP, Lamar Jackson, The best TE in college football, Skill guys all over on offense including an absolute hammer and nail at RB in Jeremy Smith and Radcliffe. The most improved O-Line in the nation, Todd Grantham defense full of NFL talent.......,,,,,

Miss anything?
I ask myself the same question but it boils down to the same thing. We didn't get the job done against Clemson (last 3 tries).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT