ADVERTISEMENT

Refs screw UK again

Happens every time they lose.

Where did you hear that? The refs screw the whole game (both teams) 74 fts , 36 & 38,
We (UK) just missed more. The fouls were about even.......shorter bench and TOs were
a major factor. This team is very inconsistent and plays very immature at times.

Con'grats on your game. I watched it up until 9:00. Seems to be coming together nicely.
In fact, I think both teams are overall playing better than I expected..(different reasons)

Reactions: American Male
Bottom line UK will lose games on the road in the league but win nearly all, or all of their home games.

They are on track for their E8/FF destiny like most years, no matter how bad they may look in some of these SEC games.

They have played the games that move their needle, they are bored.

Some of their fans probably get it, others don't, and get mad, and throw stones at refs and throw their own players under the bus. If they get real pissed they'll even question Cal's "methods"

#wash/rinse/repeat

I guess the players. Players first, you know :D

With 60 some fouls called and 74 FTs (even), one could think that both coaches might have some choice words (of praise) for the refs.:eek:

I know this really sounds odd, but I swear it is the truth. I didn't even realize UofK was playing last night until I saw it on the ESPN crawl that they were indeed playing South Carolina.

I went to bed after talking a wee bit about UofL's big win on the road over Notre Dame. Wasn't interested in watching UofK play. IDC if they win or lose.

I know this really sounds odd, but I swear it is the truth. I didn't even realize UofK was playing last night until I saw it on the ESPN crawl that they were indeed playing South Carolina.

I went to bed after talking a wee bit about UofL's big win on the road over Notre Dame. Wasn't interested in watching UofK play. IDC if they win or lose.
UK missed a boatload of FT's down the stretch. That was the difference maker.

Their postgame radio shows, for one.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Surprised you listen to UK's post game show, I don't even do that, so I wouldn't know.
The big majority on the boards disliked the 59 PFs and 74 FTs that destroyed the game pace. Most of RR agree that TOs and missed FTs were the problem.

The charge/block foul was 6-0 against UK as OF fouls, but most I agree with.
Anyway 6 OFs and 1 for 11 3's and 20 TO's is not a good recipe for winning.

That and unforced turn overs., Maybe playing passive with 7 player having 4 fouls each and 3 fouling out. USC seemed to have a longer bench,(I didn't check the box score for mins played each player. Call it a lesson learned (hopefully) and move on.

Me too; I didn't know they had a game and did not switch to it when ours was over. They aren't my team so I don't keep up with them...really don't care.

Reactions: Cue Card
Surprised you listen to UK's post game show, I don't even do that, so I wouldn't know.
The big majority on the boards disliked the 59 PFs and 74 FTs that destroyed the game pace. Most of RR agree that TOs and missed FTs were the problem.

The charge/block foul was 6-0 against UK as OF fouls, but most I agree with.
Anyway 6 OFs and 1 for 11 3's and 20 TO's is not a good recipe for winning.

That happened because the game wasn't being played in Rupp where it would have been 6-0 for uk. Get um out of Rupp and their charging, out of control dribbling gets called for the charges they are.

That freaks you out when you get it called on you instead of for you. Typical cat fan.

Didn't watch much of the game....but what little I did showed me some upset faces on the cats players when they got called for a foul. Oh, yea, as another said.....failure to hit free throws didn't help them much either.:confused:

Can't hit free throws = recipe for a road loss.....among other things.:oops::rolleyes:

Sore losers.....hard for them to admit that the other team played better or harder and deserved the victory.o_O:D

Blaming refs is for losers. I was pissed at all the fouls because it’s a Tuesday night dammit. Some of us get up at the butt crack of dawn.

Reactions: Senore2006
Been a pattern for years. Showing up even worse this year. 'Hackashack' turned into 'hackacat'.
Even the SC reporters on CBSSports were wondering if either team would have enough players to finish.
Couple years ago, I thought officiating couldn't get worse. I was wrong. That includes the aTm grand larceny.

Reactions: awf
Been a pattern for years. Showing up even worse this year. 'Hackashack' turned into 'hackacat'.
Even the SC reporters on CBSSports were wondering if either team would have enough players to finish.
Couple years ago, I thought officiating couldn't get worse. I was wrong. That includes the aTm grand larceny.
Maybe if they didn't foul so much they wouldn't have got called. UK fans expect it to be like Rupp on the road where they don't call half the fouls on UK that they deserve.

Oh, I don't listen except on special occasions like last nite. It's even worth paying for.

"Elite program," my a$$...

I absolutely hate the Pittsburgh Steelers and I certainly don't care to listen to their sports talk programs just to hear talk about the Steelers. But when they lose, oh my, it is the best thing ever. Drunken yinzer after drunken yinzer calling in, bitching about the refs, why is Ben throwing so much, need to run that football, fire the OC, fire the DC, fire Mike Tomlin, three yards and a cloud of dust is real football not all this hokus pokus pass-happy BS, etc etc. I get it man, there are occasions where listening to this type of stuff is better than stand-up comedy.

Reactions: Louisvillian
It has to be pretty tough when you only have 8 all americans playing for you, we realize.

It is, but you should know. Was it 2 or 3 years ago that CRP said preseason that he had 9 future NBA players on the roster. I don't remember that many being drafted. I assume the others are still playing there. ,,,Sure, I'm being sarcastic ,same as you. .......
Point is. Media rating of teenage high schoolers means about as much as college
coach speak hype to the media..

It is, but you should know. Was it 2 or 3 years ago that CRP said preseason that he had 9 future NBA players on the roster. I don't remember that many being drafted. I assume the others are still playing there. ,,,Sure, I'm being sarcastic ,same as you. .......
Point is. Media rating of teenage high schoolers means about as much as college
coach speak hype to the media..
Don't even ATTEMPT to go there, lol. That is the slinkiest stretch imaginable. Calipari has roped in top 15 guys like a tobacco warehouse and dried burley. You've been totally drunk with "talent", the pathetic reach now of accusing Pitino of Hyperbole somehow ranking with Calipari's rank inability to get a hundred AA's to perform at expected levels. Thing is, you know that. Your insincere equivalizing of statements Pitino made when he had 3 project 7 footers and a 5' 11" shooting whiz offered by no one......equivalizing (is that a word??) with failure to win titles with the best TOTALLY RECYCLING rosters known to man in a repetitive basis. Your fans now call into shows and talk about "Number 3", lol. Hilarious. One of your own players!!

Cal has made your fanbase into a ship of fools.

Si Si Senor.. I see the similarity.. Like Ramsey, Jurich, and Pitino has done to the fan base of the UofL At least there hope for UofL since they have rid themselves of the problems while we are still stuck with ours. Well better day are coming. (maybe)

Will be very interesting to see who recovers first.

P.S. Like your tobacco reference.. Were you once an ole 'bacca farmer like me?

Si Si Senor.. I see the similarity.. Like Ramsey, Jurich, and Pitino has done to the fan base of the UofL At least there hope for UofL since they have rid themselves of the problems while we are still stuck with ours. Well better day are coming. (maybe)

Will be very interesting to see who recovers first.

P.S. Like your tobacco reference.. Were you once an ole 'bacca farmer like me?
One of my best friends as a kid had a Dad who owned farms. We used to make $5-10/day laboring our young asses off with his drunk foreman, lol. I have planted tobacco on one of those rickety old Rube Goldberg trailers with steel wheels, lol, bouncing up and placing seedlings inside the squeezing planter deals. Dude also owned a tobacco warehouse, so I worked there as well. The good part was being able to drive stuff around at 13-14 years old, lol. And his old country Granny made meals and doted on us, lol - dam, that was good food. The driving thing went south when we were hauling a manure spreader with 3 of us clustered up on the seat, lol. When we were going downhill, we had this sinking sensation of watching the manure spreader pass us up. LOL, it went down the hill in front of us, pinwheeled on the front bar and died right there in the woods. His old man was pissed, lol.

So I was around it a little, yeah. Never had to sucker it or weed. I cannot even imagine the hell of a Kentucky summer in that stuff, lol.

By the way, all Ramsey, Jurich and Pitino did for the Louisville program was elevate it to a place arguably above your own athletic department. They oversaw the greatest academic and athletic expansions in college history. But, sure - you should take digs at them all day. Makes you look truly informed.

Last edited:
Reactions: zipp
You'd sound like a ok guy if not for your fandom.
Seriously, I don't question what the trio did, it's what they "undid" (or reported)
that has become the issue and the hot topic of the boards

Totally a dairy and tobacco farmer until 21. Family owned and operated.
Still helped out after leaving home, really enjoyed life in the 50/60's.
Especially 58 and 66

Most of us were ok with UL bb then and thru the Crum years. maybe because there were no UofL fans in S. Cen Ky. never met one..still haven't since I moved to Tn.

All this farm talk is taking me back! I was also a baccer farmer until college. When I left home Dad had to give it up. He lost his number 1 free labor Work hand haha. I grew up working like a dog but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.

You'd sound like a ok guy if not for your fandom.
Seriously, I don't question what the trio did, it's what they "undid" (or reported)
that has become the issue and the hot topic of the boards

Totally a dairy and tobacco farmer until 21. Family owned and operated.
Still helped out after leaving home, really enjoyed life in the 50/60's.
Especially 58 and 66

Most of us were ok with UL bb then and thru the Crum years. maybe because there were no UofL fans in S. Cen Ky. never met one..still haven't since I moved to Tn.

Pretty much the last thing I measured my life with was basketball fanhood. I grew up with Rex's Daddy Wayne. We were tight. I see Randy Embry (ex captain of UK on the Cotton Nash teams) regularly. Tommy Kron played my position in American legion ball in Owensboro the year before I did. I knew Mike Casey well from competing in baseball. My credentials for UK fandom would make today's UK fans dribble down their legs. My coach in basketball was Bobby Watson, captain of the Cliff Hagan/Ramsey teams. My coach in football was Ralph Genito - fullback for the UK Orange Bowl team.

I was drafted in '68 and spent time in Asia and then moved to Canada after two years in the Army. I rejected sports for a while - altogether, completely. Apprenticed and built a business. My parents back here (I was in Vancouver) were pretty wild about Denny - Mom taught at UofL and he liked my dad quite a bit, having met at teacher functions. They got season tickets which they used for the next 40 years, lol. My Dad was as big an influence as anyone to get me started with UofL love. He was an ex coach himself, and teacher.

I stayed in Canada for 15 years then relocated to California. In Santa Cruz, I was known as The Louisville Guy, lol. When we moved to Reno, same deal. The Louisville Guy, lol. When I really began paying attention to UK was probably in the 80's. I had totally forgotten about them. Then the hostility arose as I got gradually introduced to social media. It was a big mistake for UK fans to turn to social media, lol. I'll just leave that there. They are an embarrassment to Kentucky in the wider world. And I am being kind.

Reactions: Mayoman
One of my best friends as a kid had a Dad who owned farms. We used to make $5-10/day laboring our young asses off with his drunk foreman, lol. I have planted tobacco on one of those rickety old Rube Goldberg trailers with steel wheels, lol, bouncing up and placing seedlings inside the squeezing planter deals. Dude also owned a tobacco warehouse, so I worked there as well. The good part was being able to drive stuff around at 13-14 years old, lol. And his old country Granny made meals and doted on us, lol - dam, that was good food. The driving thing went south when we were hauling a manure spreader with 3 of us clustered up on the seat, lol. When we were going downhill, we had this sinking sensation of watching the manure spreader pass us up. LOL, it went down the hill in front of us, pinwheeled on the front bar and died right there in the woods. His old man was pissed, lol.

So I was around it a little, yeah. Never had to sucker it or weed. I cannot even imagine the hell of a Kentucky summer in that stuff, lol.

By the way, all Ramsey, Jurich and Pitino did for the Louisville program was elevate it to a place arguably above your own athletic department. They oversaw the greatest academic and athletic expansions in college history. But, sure - you should take digs at them all day. Makes you look truly informed.
I spent time in the Owensboro tobacco fields in the early 80's myself and summers roofing the warehouses- Planters is the name I remember. Went to KWC and played many a pick up game in the old Quonset hut against the Higgs boys, Rod Drake, Ray Harper and a young Rex among others.

Pretty much the last thing I measured my life with was basketball fanhood. I grew up with Rex's Daddy Wayne. We were tight. I see Randy Embry (ex captain of UK on the Cotton Nash teams) regularly. Tommy Kron played my position in American legion ball in Owensboro the year before I did. I knew Mike Casey well from competing in baseball. My credentials for UK fandom would make today's UK fans dribble down their legs. My coach in basketball was Bobby Watson, captain of the Cliff Hagan/Ramsey teams. My coach in football was Ralph Genito - fullback for the UK Orange Bowl team.

I was drafted in '68 and spent time in Asia and then moved to Canada after two years in the Army. I rejected sports for a while - altogether, completely. Apprenticed and built a business. My parents back here (I was in Vancouver) were pretty wild about Denny - Mom taught at UofL and he liked my dad quite a bit, having met at teacher functions. They got season tickets which they used for the next 40 years, lol. My Dad was as big an influence as anyone to get me started with UofL love. He was an ex coach himself, and teacher.

I stayed in Canada for 15 years then relocated to California. In Santa Cruz, I was known as The Louisville Guy, lol. When we moved to Reno, same deal. The Louisville Guy, lol. When I really began paying attention to UK was probably in the 80's. I had totally forgotten about them.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Then the hostility arose as I got gradually introduced to social media. It was a big mistake for UK fans to turn to social media, lol. I'll just leave that there. They are an embarrassment to Kentucky in the wider world. And I am being kind.

This statement I 100% agree with, although it's a very small percent. Allows the village idiots to be the "big" guy without any accountability...Some would be Mr Nice Guy or wussies if their real identity was known...Even tho I joke and jest, I try to respect other's opinion (if it's really an opinion) and just agree to disagree.

I do realize sometimes there's more baiting than opinions rendered.,

Internet boards serve a function. Despite Senore's claim I will maintain a number of UK fans have the ability to use the boards, walk and chew gum...
Most days .
In my lifetime the UK/ UofL 'rivalry' has gotten....stupid.
Different conferences, different fan bases, different styles. Both successful. Both have skeletons rattling in closets.
Should be an indication that there is more than one way to success.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
What Lite's done is a remarkable job at is moving the goalposts. Now, slappies are content with a $hit sandwich of five-star kids and a team that stumbles and fumbles its way thru the season...

Internet boards serve a function. Despite Senore's claim I will maintain a number of UK fans have the ability to use the boards, walk and chew gum...
Most days .
In my lifetime the UK/ UofL 'rivalry' has gotten....stupid.
Different conferences, different fan bases, different styles. Both successful. Both have skeletons rattling in closets.
Should be an indication that there is more than one way to success.
Thing is Bill, even here you desperately feel the need to mention how awful UofL fans can be. As if they, too, are such an integral part of all the hatred. Big news here - that's actually not so true. Hoops is loved dearly but is not a d--k measuring artifcial ego replacement mechanism for Louisville fans. They have other interests. What I saw when I first joined social media in the early 2000's was the purest gloating by UK fans, in love with dominating Louisville and telling them repeatedly how bad that domination was. LMAO, when things changed, it is more desperate, more lame and more nationally humiliating than it ever was for our end of things. Karma is a bitch.

Sorry, pal. I can't recall the last time 500 UofL fans called Higgins and threatened his life. Or Pete Thamel. Or the Football ref.............are you gettin' r??

This statement I 100% agree with, although it's a very small percent. Allows the village idiots to be the "big" guy without any accountability...Some would be Mr Nice Guy or wussies if their real identity was known...Even tho I joke and jest, I try to respect other's opinion (if it's really an opinion) and just agree to disagree.

I do realize sometimes there's more baiting than opinions rendered.,
Baiting is one thing. You need to get just a little more real and then you'll understand. Hating is not baiting. Those persons have programmed themselves through literal generations to hate Louisville. That is what it is.

Reactions: Cue Card
Thing is Bill, even here you desperately feel the need to mention how awful UofL fans can be. As if they, too, are such an integral part of all the hatred. Big news here - that's actually not so true. Hoops is loved dearly but is not a d--k measuring artifcial ego replacement mechanism for Louisville fans. They have other interests. What I saw when I first joined social media in the early 2000's was the purest gloating by UK fans, in love with dominating Louisville and telling them repeatedly how bad that domination was. LMAO, when things changed, it is more desperate, more lame and more nationally humiliating than it ever was for our end of things. Karma is a bitch.

Sorry, pal. I can't recall the last time 500 UofL fans called Higgins and threatened his life. Or Pete Thamel. Or the Football ref.............are you gettin' r??
Lol....you win brother man. Cats have lotta fans, and by documented actions, some are over the edge.
I'd go further, but have lost my debating edge the last couple years.
Miss those political boards bad.
This is an off sports year for me...cats sinking/ treading water barely in football, basketball has one and done itself into -meh-....St Louis baseball is fast sliding to mediocrity, and pro football you gave to watch every catch fourteen times from six officials and a replay booth to see if it IS a catch.
Just crotchety old bastid year.

What Lite's done is a remarkable job at is moving the goalposts. Now, slappies are content with a $hit sandwich of five-star kids and a team that stumbles and fumbles its way thru the season...

Lol. Awful lot of wins for stumbling and bumbling our way through seasons. Yes we are largely content.

Do I need to list our results? (Yes, NIT included)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT