ADVERTISEMENT

Refs screw UK again

What Lite's done is a remarkable job at is moving the goalposts. Now, slappies are content with a $hit sandwich of five-star kids and a team that stumbles and fumbles its way thru the season...
As long as they stumble and bumble to multiple final four and elite 8 finishes and no sanctions along the way would being discontented make sense?

Stepping completely out of fandom for a moment, for those guys not used to discourse with Senore, sharpen your wits and rhino-line your skin.
You're in for quite a ride.

Lol. Awful lot of wins for stumbling and bumbling our way through seasons...
Thanks for another example... Racking up basketball wins in a football conference ON TOP OF a slate of preseason stiffs now substitutes for accomplishments that everyone else recognize.

Even heard talk after this last debacle of relief that the 3-point record remains intact. Slapd!cks 'til the end.

"Elite program," my a$$...

As long as they stumble and bumble to multiple final four and elite 8 finishes and no sanctions along the way...
When did you stop counting titles? You do understand what "moving the goalposts" means, right?

"Elite program", my a$$...

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

Thanks for another example... Racking up basketball wins in a football conference ON TOP OF a slate of preseason stiffs now substitutes for accomplishments that everyone else recognize.

Even heard talk after this last debacle of relief that the 3-point record remains intact. Slapd!cks 'til the end.

You damn right we’re gonna rack up the wins. You expect us to apologize for it?

Be honest with me for second Z. How much do you love Ben Stiller’s character in Tropic Thunder?

When did you stop counting titles? You do understand what "moving the goalposts" means, right?

"Elite program", my a$$...

Well, Zipp...you know us slapd!cks get lost when we go past one hand, don't you???

I think you had a former Hof coach that pointed out reaching the final four is as exceptional today as winning it all back in the day.
Or did you ignore that quote?

All this farm talk is taking me back! I was also a baccer farmer until college. When I left home Dad had to give it up. He lost his number 1 free labor Work hand haha. I grew up working like a dog but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
My dad milked for a guy here in Todd County. As few as a 120, as many as 200. Him and one other guy, added one more after fifteen years. Up at 1 am, home for breakfast at 7, back until 10, lunch, sleep till 1, then back to it till round 6.
7 days, 365, 20+years. Snow, ice, storms, heat, whatever. Never heard him bitch once. Ever.
Makes me ashamed the days I complained about working a fifty hour week inside a grocery store.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Well, Zipp...you know us slapd!cks get lost when we go past one hand, don't you???

I think you had a former Hof coach that pointed out reaching the final four is as exceptional today as winning it all back in the day.
Or did you ignore that quote?
Who knows? I don't believe everything I'm told nor do I wear T-shirts listing titles like your fanbase does. Are you now getting a T-shirt listing Final Fours?

"Elite program," my a$$

Reactions: jimmy5-11
Who knows? I don't believe everything I'm told nor do I wear T-shirts listing titles like your fanbase does. Are you now getting a T-shirt listing Final Fours?

"Elite program," my a$$

Aww I think a shirt with your titles would be a cool idea. Maybe a newborn onesie? Just a thought.

I’d hate for you to have to give up your super cool TJ shirt

Aww I think a shirt with your titles would be a cool idea. Maybe a newborn onesie? Just a thought.

I’d hate for you to have to give up your super cool TJ shirt
The latter's a helluva lot more important than a basketball title. Not that I expect to be able to convince a slapd!ck that anything is as important.

The latter's a helluva lot more important than a basketball title. Not that I expect to be able to convince a slapd!ck that anything is as important.

Yeah I’m more of a win titles and make history type of guy myself. I’m not one for hero worship like you.

But I think you ought to put up a poll on the subject. See where your fellow card fans stand.

Yeah I’m more of a win titles and make history type of guy myself. I’m not one for hero worship like you.

But I think you ought to put up a poll on the subject. See where your fellow card fans stand.
Seriously? You think there was no more substance to Jurich than hero worship? I doubt you'll get many LPT fans to even agree with you.

As far as a poll, that's underway... LINK

Take it yourself. But as far as Jurich, you're not gonna like what you're gonna see.

Seriously? You think there was no more substance to Jurich than hero worship? I doubt you'll get many LPT fans to even agree with you.

As far as a poll, that's underway... LINK

Take it yourself. But as far as Jurich, you're not gonna like what you're gonna see.

Oh my lord is that survey real? Lol. Did you write that? By the way that isn’t the poll I suggested. I suggested taking a poll where the fans choose what Means more to them, a national championship or jurich as AD.

You value your hero who would ideally have a shelf life of 10-20 years in most cases over a title which has a shelf life of infinity (baring it being stripped at some point). This is simple minded thinking. Not big picture broad thinking. I can not fault you for thinking this way sir. You’re simple.

Jurich was great when he had it rolling. But he was never bigger than your program. He’s gone and he’s not coming back. But your program is still here. Look forward.

Oh my lord is that survey real? Lol. Did you write that? By the way that isn’t the poll I suggested. I suggested taking a poll where the fans choose what Means more to them, a national championship or jurich as AD.

You value your hero who would ideally have a shelf life of 10-20 years in most cases over a title which has a shelf life of infinity (baring it being stripped at some point). This is simple minded thinking. Not big picture broad thinking. I can not fault you for thinking this way sir. You’re simple.

Jurich was great when he had it rolling. But he was never bigger than your program. He’s gone and he’s not coming back. But your program is still here. Look forward.
Slapd!cks think the world begins and ends with men's college basketball. Your own school fields 20-something teams in various sports, and men's basketball is around 2% of the student-athletes. The AD--a good one anyway--drives all of those sports. In fact, with a good basketball program, your AD isn't even needed to advance that sport.

So it figures that at LPT, you'd much rather have a title than a good AD. (Of course, you have a chance at neither at the moment...) You don't give a damn about any other sport, and you don't really need an AD. Which is why Brainfart has drawn an LPT paycheck for close to 20 years.

Slapd!cks think the world begins and ends with men's college basketball. Your own school fields 20-something teams in various sports, and men's basketball is around 2% of the student-athletes. The AD--a good one anyway--drives all of those sports. In fact, with a good basketball program, your AD isn't even needed to advance that sport.

So it figures that at LPT, you'd much rather have a title than a good AD. (Of course, you have a chance at neither at the moment...) You don't give a damn about any other sport, and you don't really need an AD. Which is why Brainfart has drawn an LPT paycheck for close to 20 years.

How come I don’t see you hanging out on the girls softball forum? It’s because you don’t care. Neither do I or anyone else.

I’m still waiting to see a poll. The choices are as follows:

-another basketball championship
- jurich back as your AD

By the way why are you so obsessed with our award winning AD?

I'm sort of interested in seeing why that happened, lol. Was it that awesome "Contract on napkin" of Billy Clyde's which cavitated your hoops world for a while or the marvy extension he gave Stoops, the guy responsible for the largest lack of on field composure in recent history? Or the heralded hire of one of basketball's most infamous cheats? Gee, it;s hard to get my mind around someone so deft at management.

I'm sort of interested in seeing why that happened, lol. Was it that awesome "Contract on napkin" of Billy Clyde's which cavitated your hoops world for a while or the marvy extension he gave Stoops, the guy responsible for the largest lack of on field composure in recent history? Or the heralded hire of one of basketball's most infamous cheats? Gee, it;s hard to get my mind around someone so deft at management.

I’m not wearing Mitch pajamas or anything. So I’m definitely not a Mitch apologist. But he did win AD of the year or whatever it was.

He did hire billy Clyde. I guess you could say he was our kragthorpe. As far as stoops goes, he was the best we could do. Still is. It’s kentucky football, not Alabama.

As far as Cal goes, hell yeah what a hire! He’s been winning big and doing it clean. I don’t care what happened before he came to ky. Obviously your AD didn’t care about petrino’s past. Don’t be a hypocrite

How come I don’t see you hanging out on the girls softball forum? It’s because you don’t care. Neither do I or anyone else.

I’m still waiting to see a poll. The choices are as follows:

-another basketball championship
- jurich back as your AD

I never said that I personally support every sport, but our fanbase does. And our AD did in more than just words. Yours--AD and fanbase--doesn't give a rip about anything save one. And they all admit men's basketball is king of the hill. Pathetic.

Awards? LOL...

"Elite program," my a$$.

I never said that I personally support every sport, but our fanbase does. And our AD did in more than just words. Yours--AD and fanbase--doesn't give a rip about anything save one. And they all admit men's basketball is king of the hill. Pathetic.

Awards? LOL...

"Elite program," my a$$.

Your fan base doesn’t support the track and gymnastics team any more than UK or Rutgers. What’s the weather like in your dream world? If it’s warm I’d like to visit.

I didn’t make the bit up about his award. I’m sure your boy won the same award at some point.

https://uknow.uky.edu/professional-...barnhart-chosen-athletics-director-year-award

Any expansions that you can’t fill lately? How about some arenas that no one can afford?
The high rollers paid for the $60 million football stadium expansion. Let's see how full the cheap seats are when we actually play a game.

LPT clowns paid TWICE that to REDUCE capacity of the metal bucket by 10,000. And STILL empty seats.

You don't have to preach to me about Bailout Arena, but the downtown hacks built it to attract an NBA team. Too bad LPT taxpayers are paying the tab, but don't talk to U of L about that debacle. Ain't on them.

ALL of U of L's facilities are bought and paid for with U of L money. The best AD in the biz made sure of that...

The high rollers paid for the $60 million football stadium expansion. Let's see how full the cheap seats are when we actually play a game.

LPT clowns paid TWICE that to REDUCE capacity of the metal bucket by 10,000. And STILL empty seats.

You don't have to preach to me about Bailout Arena, but the downtown hacks built it to attract an NBA team. Too bad LPT taxpayers are paying the tab, but don't talk to U of L about that debacle. Ain't on them.

ALL of U of L's facilities are bought and paid for with U of L money. The best AD in the biz made sure of that...
I'm calling Children's Services. This poor Rockfly has been handed 3 of his own asses and doesn't realize. The hero worship of Zipp and the application to be Zipp's sidekick is getting a bit too warm, if you know what I mean.

Plus, the refs. They killed poor Clean Cal tonight.

Surprised you listen to UK's post game show, I don't even do that, so I wouldn't know.
The big majority on the boards disliked the 59 PFs and 74 FTs that destroyed the game pace. Most of RR agree that TOs and missed FTs were the problem.

The charge/block foul was 6-0 against UK as OF fouls, but most I agree with.
Anyway 6 OFs and 1 for 11 3's and 20 TO's is not a good recipe for winning.
Only listen to hear the pain in those Big Blue mountain fans who are so depressed they don’t want to go back into their trailer.

They did get screwed by a know call last night, that evened them out on the way A&M got screwed against them.

I'm calling Children's Services. This poor Rockfly has been handed 3 of his own asses and doesn't realize. The hero worship of Zipp and the application to be Zipp's sidekick is getting a bit too warm, if you know what I mean.

Plus, the refs. They killed poor Clean Cal tonight.
You think maybe I could get some Zipp underoos? I could buy them wherever Zipp buys his TJ apparel

They did get screwed by a know call last night, that evened them out on the way A&M got screwed against them.

You have to wonder if the threats on the ref are going to impact their games?

Some refs may bend over to help them out of fear - others might take the threats as a real insult to them and try to stick it to UK moving forward.

Thoughts?

Reactions: rockycard
You think maybe I could get some Zipp underoos? I could buy them wherever Zipp buys his TJ apparel
Fortunately, that's not a problem I face. As a trusty sidekick, you should get creative, is my advice. Put on one of them 40-0 t shirts when around Zipp. He'll love it. I have my "Cal Is Clean" shirt I could loan out.

You have to wonder if the threats on the ref are going to impact their games?

Some refs may bend over to help them out of fear - others might take the threats as a real insult to them and try to stick it to UK moving forward.

Thoughts?
For 50 years UK crowds have intimidated refs into favorable calls. Pissing them off may be the first glimmers of seeing an end to that. In fact, we may be seeing it now.

Reactions: zipp

We were trading barbs. I don’t care about your stadium or arena. Lighten up hoss.

Fortunately, that's not a problem I face. As a trusty sidekick, you should get creative, is my advice. Put on one of them 40-0 t shirts when around Zipp. He'll love it. I have my "Cal Is Clean" shirt I could loan out.
I’d love a Cal is clean shirt! My katina Powell shirt has gravy stains on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT