ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey resigns; UofL BOT is disbanded

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Just breaking. Apparently Governor Bevin will accept President Ramsey's resignation "upon the legal restructure of the Board of Trustess", and the entire Board of Trustees is being disbanded because "it's not particularly functional".

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin announced this morning that he has accepted the resignation/retirement of University of Louisville President Dr. James Ramsey. President Ramsey is currently traveling on University business at the moment and the timing of Dr. Ramsey’s departure from UofL has yet to be determined.

Additionally Governor Bevin has also removed the entire Board of Trustees from their seats and is appointing an entirely new board. Bevin is appointing a 3 member temporary board who over the next two weeks will be assembling a 13-member board of trustees.

Last edited:
Is Bevin a UK fan? LOL, just askin.

I think Bevin is just a businessman, and this is purely a state and university bu$ine$$ lead decision. Dysfunctional leadership (Prez & BOT) can't be good for the business side of the university.

Born in Denver, Colorado, and raised in Shelburne, New Hampshire, Bevin earned a bachelor's degree at Washington and Lee University in 1989, then served four years of active duty in the U.S. Army, attaining the rank of captain. He became wealthy in the investment business and moved to Louisville, Kentucky, in 1999.

Reactions: pervisl
Just an outsider's opinion, Bevin seems to act on whim and assume he has a fiat rather than act on principle. I don't know whether this reorganization is a good or bad thing. I wonder if this is mostly the Governor throwing his weight around rather than properly addressing an issue or problem.

I am also hoping that Jurich isn't a casualty of this process, given some people questioned his rehire of Petrino and the handling of the current issue with the MBB team.

Reactions: earsky and BPGhost
Beavin is a novice and it shows - a destitute man's Donald Trump. He has never flipped the off switch from campaign mode into real, measured governance. He hasn't proved that he the ability or temperament to lead Kentucky - much less transition to something larger. He is no friend to UofL.

Reactions: fredburgcard
Beavin is a novice and it shows - a destitute man's Donald Trump. He has never flipped the off switch from campaign mode into real, measured governance. He hasn't proved that he the ability or temperament to lead Kentucky - much less transition to something larger. He is no friend to UofL.

So.... you're saying the corrupt and stagnant government that this state has had for several years now has been doing things the right way? At least Bevin isn't afraid to make changes where they obviously need to be made. He might make some mistakes that will need to be corrected but I thank the Lord above that a man is in office here with a spine and stands for proper morals and religious values. Our education system in this state has been a disaster for ages and if you think he's going to make it worse you're crazy or ignorant. It's already really bad and inefficient. He's doing and saying what many people have been talking about for decades in this state but haven't put their money where their mouth is for fear of ruffling a few feathers. Frankfort is full of boss hogs with grudges and they need to be poked.

Ramsey had to go. The board ABSOLUTELY! had to go. The board was full of uk supporters and morally corrupt people with personal and political agendas all of their own. Junior Bridgeman is the right man to lead the search for a new board and president. I love seeing some of those slimy uk supporting board members whining on the news about political moves and hidden agenda when that's what most of them were doing themselves behind closed doors. Screw em!

Thank You Governor Bevin.

So.... you're saying the corrupt and stagnant government that this state has had for several years now has been doing things the right way? At least Bevin isn't afraid to make changes where they obviously need to be made. He might make some mistakes that will need to be corrected but I thank the Lord above that a man is in office here with a spine and stands for proper morals and religious values. Our education system in this state has been a disaster for ages and if you think he's going to make it worse you're crazy or ignorant. It's already really bad and inefficient. He's doing and saying what many people have been talking about for decades in this state but haven't put their money where their mouth is for fear of ruffling a few feathers. Frankfort is full of boss hogs with grudges and they need to be poked.

Ramsey had to go. The board ABSOLUTELY! had to go. The board was full of uk supporters and morally corrupt people with personal and political agendas all of their own. Junior Bridgeman is the right man to lead the search for a new board and president. I love seeing some of those slimy uk supporting board members whining on the news about political moves and hidden agenda when that's what most of them were doing themselves behind closed doors. Screw em!

Umm no, that's not what I was saying or, I would have said it. The fact that previous incarnations of Kentucky governments have sucked, does not give Beavin's a pass. So's you know - Every governor the commonwealth has had, has a spine - being a vertebrate is sort of a prerequisite for the job. Also so you know, I (nor most thinking individuals) don't give a great pixelated F@ck what Matt Beavin's morals or religious values are - there is after all supposed to be the separation of those beliefs with matters of state. I care that he is a novice, thin-skinned dipsh*t who seems more interested in waging war with the previous administration than actually moving the state forward. That you don't grasp that basic fact seems that you need to be included in the "screw em" caucus.

Umm no, that's not what I was saying or, I would have said it. The fact that previous incarnations of Kentucky governments have sucked, does not give Beavin's a pass. So's you know - Every governor the commonwealth has had, has a spine - being a vertebrate is sort of a prerequisite for the job. Also so you know, I (nor most thinking individuals) don't give a great pixelated F@ck what Matt Beavin's morals or religious values are - there is after all supposed to be the separation of those beliefs with matters of state. I care that he is a novice, thin-skinned dipsh*t who seems more interested in waging war with the previous administration than actually moving the state forward. That you don't grasp that basic fact seems that you need to be included in the "screw em" caucus.
LOL Even snakes have spines. And we've had plenty of them over the years. The jury is out for me regarding Bevin, but the choice of Junior Bridgeman is one giant step in the right direction.

Reactions: gocds
Who, in their right minds, wouldn't agree this was a long over due decision.
Did the board needed to work in the best interests of the university - yes.

Is that best achieved by another legally dubious power grab by trump-lite - no.

You hit the nail on the head. Too many UK guys on the UofL board. That was a recipe for disaster and is the sole reason we are in the situation we are in with the leadership at UofL and the NCAA. The board that was just let go was out to make us look bad and prop Yewkay up. This is a good move and in the end those of you that don't like this now, will.

Reactions: pervisl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT