ADVERTISEMENT

Radio caller disparages Coach Mack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say that Mr. Straw Man.

I said his title team and two most recent FF teams had a 5 star that played a key role.

Learn how to read, or continue the Straw man look.
Did you say that 5-star kid was a key reason you don't have the banners for those teams? Of course you didn't which makes my point--again...

Did you say that 5-star kid was a key reason you don't have the banners for those teams? Of course you didn't which makes my point--again...

Did you say that 5 star kid was a key reason you had those banners for those teams? Of course you didn't which makes my point --- again.

No, I’m saying that things change for some and not others. Isn’t that one of the 57 topics you’ve introduced to this discussion?
I don't generally introduce topics--I'm too busy responding to them...

Did you say that 5 star kid was a key reason you had those banners for those teams? Of course you didn't which makes my point --- again.
The record shows that Behanan was a contributor to those teams but far and away from a dominant presence. As I said, the 2014 team was just as good without him.

One guy doesn't refute my argument, but keep trying...

The bottom line is Behanan was a net loss for U of L based on where we stand in 2019. That's the most important observation, and he was the one 5-star kid during this time frame...

The bottom line is Behanan was a net loss for U of L based on where we stand in 2019. That's the most important observation, and he was the one 5-star kid during this time frame...
Well given their attendance/involvement in the stripper parties, the same line of thinking suggests that multiple players including M Harrell, R Smith and T Rozier were “net loss(es)” for UofL.

Taking your line of thinking to it’s ultimate conclusion, the biggest “net loss” for UofL, was your “Master” himself.

The record shows that Behanan was a contributor to those teams but far and away from a dominant presence.

He was strong statistically both years and he had a dominant title game performance. It can be argued he put the team on his back down the stretch in the title game he posted 15&12 and rendered McGary useless.

This wasn't a guy filling in the gaps while starters rested. He was a staple. His performances off the court were highly disappointing. I get it, he pissed off a lot of people. He deserves some shit.

The point is, winning at the highest level does require top recruiting, and I politely ask you to list all the title winners the last 20 years that didn't have a 5 star player. This is my main point here. If you can serve up a minimum of 5-6 teams that won w/o the 5 star player, I'm not only going to back down, I'll happily admit I was wrong and reconsider my thoughts on it.

In this thread you said Mack wasn't going after top players - either 24 hours before or after you made that remark the guy got a commitment from the #1 JUCO player in the country.

I'm happy with the recruiting Mack's giving and I am pretty sure 99% of the rest of the fans are too. Jay Scrubb commitment be damned!

Well given their attendance/involvement in the stripper parties, the same line of thinking suggests that multiple players including M Harrell, R Smith and T Rozier were “net loss(es)” for UofL.

Taking your line of thinking to it’s ultimate conclusion, the biggest “net loss” for UofL, was your “Master” himself.

Yeah but.... "your" AD.

GlamorousSeparateDog-size_restricted.gif

The issue you've lost track of is five-star kids. Not those other kids...

He was strong statistically both years and he had a dominant title game performance. It can be argued he put the team on his back down the stretch in the title game he posted 15&12 and rendered McGary useless.

This wasn't a guy filling in the gaps while starters rested. He was a staple. His performances off the court were highly disappointing. I get it, he pissed off a lot of people. He deserves some shit.

The point is, winning at the highest level does require top recruiting, and I politely ask you to list all the title winners the last 20 years that didn't have a 5 star player. This is my main point here. If you can serve up a minimum of 5-6 teams that won w/o the 5 star player, I'm not only going to back down, I'll happily admit I was wrong and reconsider my thoughts on it.

In this thread you said Mack wasn't going after top players - either 24 hours before or after you made that remark the guy got a commitment from the #1 JUCO player in the country.

I'm happy with the recruiting Mack's giving and I am pretty sure 99% of the rest of the fans are too. Jay Scrubb commitment be damned!
Your own team was one example. How many 5-star kids were on Nova's championship teams?

You think citing an example of one player on one team blows up my position. And you're wrong. 10%+/- of the kids playing P5 basketball are 5-star kids. Finding one here and there proves nothing. Even finding a disproportionate number on championship teams ain't conclusive. You can win without them on your roster, and nowadays you should try. You have good reason not to want them, and a U of L fan is the last person who should need that convincing...

Your own team was one example. How many 5-star kids were on Nova's championship teams?

Jalen Brunson was a 5 star for them.

I repeat, I'm not closed-minded. List me at least 5 title teams in the last 20 years without a 5 star player on the roster.

You can win without them on your roster, and nowadays you should try.

Win what without a 5 star? If what you're saying is true, you should be able to easily locate 5-6 title winning teams that didn't have a 5 star.

There is an echo in here!

I'm waiting.

The issue you've lost track of is five-star kids. Not those other kids...
Umm no, that’s not even remotely accurate. The issue is that you would like to credit the good times during that period to to the 2-3 star players and Pitino, while laying the blame solely at the feet of the 5 star kids.

“Those other (2-3 star) kids” were at the stripper parties just like the 5 star one(s). Any blame for the program’s demise can be ascribed to them - more maybe since there were more of them. I mean unless of course you’re being intentionally intellectually dishonest. :rolleyes:

Even still - the majority of the blame falls squarely on your “Master’s” narrow shoulders.

Let's also credit the greater number of 2-star guys on the team. Guys like Luke Hancock and Russ Smith. The same guys who without Behanan comprised a 2014 team with as much potential that folded against the slapd!cks....

Folded????

It certainly was not the players. If anyone folded, it was the one you constantly refer to as "The Master."

We are on a run and on the verge of breaking the game wide open in the 1st half when Luke picks up his 2nd foul. Blackshear replaces him and our momentum stops. Personally, I would have trusted a 5th year senior to avoid picking up that 3rd foul for another few minutes until the run ended.

Then came the big one. Trez picks up his 2nd foul and Pitino leaves him in, only to pick up his 3rd foul before half. All of this while he has SVT on the bench. Granted, SVT was no Trez but he was very capable of eating minutes while allowing Trez to avoid the 3rd foul before halftime.

The Master was outcoached by The Squid, of all people!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Look at you go - changing your argument once you got refuted.

You said Mack wasn't bringing in high end talent.

Once refuted, time to change the subject!
Nothing has changed. Mack thankfully hasn’t landed a five-star kid yet...

You say exclude recruiting 5 star guys, because programs can succeed without them.

I point out majority of, if not all title teams have at least one 5 star guy.

Maybe the issue is how we measure success.
Your issue is correlation doesn’t indicate causation. Those teams also include 3-star kids. So that means championship teams must include 3-star kids...

UofL was not an example of a team winning a title without a 5 star player.

Behanan was a 5 star on the title team.

You cannot keep up.
Somehow, you think you’ve successfully morphed my narrative that a championship team must not include a 5-star kid. Funny stuff...

Win what without a 5 star? If what you're saying is true, you should be able to easily locate 5-6 title winning teams that didn't have a 5 star.

There is an echo in here!

I'm waiting.
Argument from ignorance. (Check the definition...)

Umm no, that’s not even remotely accurate. The issue is that you would like to credit the good times during that period to to the 2-3 star players and Pitino, while laying the blame solely at the feet of the 5 star kids.

“Those other (2-3 star) kids” were at the stripper parties just like the 5 star one(s). Any blame for the program’s demise can be ascribed to them - more maybe since there were more of them. I mean unless of course you’re being intentionally intellectually dishonest. :rolleyes:

Even still - the majority of the blame falls squarely on your “Master’s” narrow shoulders.
No one but 4- and 5-star kids were directly implicated...

Folded????

It certainly was not the players. If anyone folded, it was the one you constantly refer to as "The Master."

We are on a run and on the verge of breaking the game wide open in the 1st half when Luke picks up his 2nd foul. Blackshear replaces him and our momentum stops. Personally, I would have trusted a 5th year senior to avoid picking up that 3rd foul for another few minutes until the run ended.

Then came the big one. Trez picks up his 2nd foul and Pitino leaves him in, only to pick up his 3rd foul before half. All of this while he has SVT on the bench. Granted, SVT was no Trez but he was very capable of eating minutes while allowing Trez to avoid the 3rd foul before halftime.

The Master was outcoached by The Squid, of all people!
Start a thread on the topic if you want. The team folded...

Not morphing my position. You have no historical data that the kid is necessary for success. And you sure don’t know he’s clean. Just what you believe...
Wut?

His response was to cite Williamson (a 5 star player) as a factual rebuttal of your false assertion that CM has not landed a 5 star kid.

You’re response was to “morph your position” and deflect from being proved wrong.

Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT