ADVERTISEMENT

Radio caller disparages Coach Mack

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
For recruiting 5 stars.
Basically saying it was a waste of time to recruit the top 20 and theyre not coming to Louisville.

Isnt UofL a top 10 all time program ?

5 stars are going to Mizzou, bama, Oregon etc.
Why not here.

Some of you need to be patient.
Coach Mack will sign a top 10 class.

For recruiting 5 stars.
Basically saying it was a waste of time to recruit the top 20 and theyre not coming to Louisville.

Isnt UofL a top 10 all time program ?

5 stars are going to Mizzou, bama, Oregon etc.
Why not here.

Some of you need to be patient.
Coach Mack will sign a top 10 class.
Thing about the radio and those type comments probably was a UK fan posing as a concerned U of L fan..

My thing is the former coach put Mack or any other coach that would have been hired in this hard recruiting situation. Patience patience what it going to take here for a good while . besides i don't know why everybody bemoamning Mack for not getting 5 stars hell that was Ricks problem for years here. His recruiting sucked!

Reactions: CardsFirst
My thing is the former coach put Mack or any other coach that would have been hired in this hard recruiting situation. Patience patience what it going to take here for a good while . besides i don't know why everybody bemoamning Mack for not getting 5 stars hell that was Ricks problem for years here. His recruiting sucked!
Huh? We did pretty well under Pitino. Better than most...

Huh? We did pretty well under Pitino. Better than most...
That's right. Recruiting was never a serious problem going back to Peck Hickman days. The University is smack dab in the middle of basketball country and talent is everywhere. I'm not concerned about recruiting at all other than how nasty dirty it seems to be, but I can't change that so I can't worry about it.

I don't understand how anyone can say that RP recruiting sucked. He brought us some of the finest young men that stayed with us for 2-4 years(majority 4) and played some damn good BB.

I agree. I don’t like CRP personally but he did bring us some really good players and they won a ton of games.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

The guy was somewhat right, but he didn’t pose the importance question. Mack doesn’t know the blue chip kids he’s recruiting are clean. Unless he doesn’t care...

Huh?! First, what the hell are you talking about and, two, where are you getting your information? Maybe i just don’t “get it”.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: kentuckyshame
The guy was somewhat right, but he didn’t pose the importance question. Mack doesn’t know the blue chip kids he’s recruiting are clean. Unless he doesn’t care...
I would say the FBI ordeal has cleaned most of that up for the time being.. As long as we are clean in our recruiting that's all that matters to me..

I would say the FBI ordeal has cleaned most of that up for the time being.. As long as we are clean in our recruiting that's all that matters to me..

I hope you are right. But I would still be leery as a HC and I bet some guardians are still putting their hand out during the process. I don’t believe any guardians were held responsible and faced charges?

Reactions: zipp
I hope you are right. But I would still be leery as a HC and I bet some guardians are still putting their hand out during the process. I don’t believe any guardians were held responsible and faced charges?
Congrats on being promoted to mod status. You earned it

As long as our coaches are putting anything in their hand we're good. At this point I can't believe anyone on our staff is that dumb..

So I see you've been on a hiatus a few times. Welcome back, I guess?
Thank ya much. I don’t come to troll, I just enjoy a good basketball conversation, and point of view from another team. I think Louisville is being over looked this yr, and could make some serious noise come tournament time

Huh?! First, what the hell are you talking about and, two, where are you getting your information? Maybe i just don’t “get it”...
Do you honestly believe most five-star kids are clean? As Red naively hopes, do you believe that the FBI has "cleaned most of this stuff up"?

Do you believe programs like Duke and LPT are clean?

All of those dots need to connect if you're fishing in the same swamp...

Last edited:
How to know if any player is clean though? I believe even Marshall at Wichita State had one of his players named on one of those lists or whatever they were a while back, and it wasn't a blue chip player either obviously.

How to know if any player is clean though? I believe even Marshall at Wichita State had one of his players named on one of those lists or whatever they were a while back, and it wasn't a blue chip player either obviously.
They're not on probation and under investigation again.

You limit your risk with 4-star kids, even more so with 3-star kids. Another likely filter is what other schools are recruiting the kid. If it's not the big basketball programs, you're probably safe...

They're not on probation and under investigation again.

You limit your risk with 4-star kids, even more so with 3-star kids. Another likely filter is what other schools are recruiting the kid. If it's not the big basketball programs, you're probably safe...
Safe enough to insure mediocrity for the program. That can’t be what you’re advocating - can it? I mean if Mack’s results are average, well that just makes the “Master” look better - right?

Provided the recruiting efforts by the school and coaches are completely on the up and up, there is no player that should be off their recruiting radar. If they find during the process that something seems dubious with any recruit then by all means - back off of them.

To exclude recruiting high level kids because there might be an issue is asinine. Thank goodness Mack is smarter than that.

I am somewhat confused by all this concern over recruiting. We have one of the top classes in the country coming in this year. We have the top JC player in the country coming in next year, 6’6” guard Jayden Scruggs. Others have posted and I agree we luckily are in an area where some of the best high school players in the country live.

I am somewhat confused by all this concern over recruiting. We have one of the top classes in the country coming in this year. We have the top JC player in the country coming in next year, 6’6” guard Jayden Scruggs. Others have posted and I agree we luckily are in an area where some of the best high school players in the country live.
Jay Scrubb.

That’s what I meant, it will be interesting to see how this pans out. We could possibly have 2 former Trinity guards running the Louisville offense. I like the fact that they are 6’6” and 6’4” and both can go inside and are good shooters from the outside.

Safe enough to insure mediocrity for the program. That can’t be what you’re advocating - can it? I mean if Mack’s results are average, well that just makes the “Master” look better - right?

Provided the recruiting efforts by the school and coaches are completely on the up and up, there is no player that should be off their recruiting radar. If they find during the process that something seems dubious with any recruit then by all means - back off of them.

To exclude recruiting high level kids because there might be an issue is asinine. Thank goodness Mack is smarter than that.
Amnesia on your part. Check The Master’s talent on his recent Final Four teams. Where he got in trouble is NOT following that plan.

If Mack is worth $4+ million annually, he can win with the same kids Pitino won with. If he needs better kids, he ain’t worth his paycheck...

Amnesia on your part. Check The Master’s talent on his recent Final Four teams. Where he got in trouble is NOT following that plan.

If Mack is worth $4+ million annually, he can win with the same kids Pitino won with. If he needs better kids, he ain’t worth his paycheck...

LoL

Reactions: BPGhost
Scrubs is a 50/50 chance of being here next season and we are waiting on other 2020 recruits too committ . At this moment we have but 1 shaky verbal.

Lol - the amnesia is yours little buddy. It wasn’t that Pitino didn’t recruit 5 star players - he just couldn’t land them. Your last paragraph is simply goofy but, you don’t have to worry about Mack winning - he’ll win plenty.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Behanan was a 5* on the two most recent FF. A key player, who made Mitch McGary his bitch in the title game in the 2nd half.

Behanan was a 5* on the two most recent FF. A key player, who made Mitch McGary his bitch in the title game in the 2nd half.
Chane makes my point. First of all, he was borderline 5-star. But more importantly, what did his presence result in? He eventually got kicked off the team, and his behavior was in the middle of the NCAA garbage. So much so, he's no longer involved with the program.

The very profile we don't need...

Last edited:
Chane makes my point. First of all, he was borderline 5-star. But more importantly, what did his presence result in? He eventually got kicked off the team, and his behavior was in the middle of the NCAA garbage. So much so, he's no longer involved with the program.

The very profile we don't need...
Except that’s not what you’ve said as the reason to not recruit 5 stars. CB was kicked off - not because he was being paid by shoe companies - but because the Master was completely unable to have him follow the most basic program rules - like not going to bars in the WE with known drug dealers and smoking pot all the time. And the ncaa garbage that you refer to was of course the stripper events - ones that were attended by not only the 5 star players, but also the 2 & 3 star ones as well.

You know - the players the “Pitino won with”.

Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT