ADVERTISEMENT

Radio caller disparages Coach Mack

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thread would (unfortunately) be titled - “How the squid out coached the ‘Master’ annually”.
What’s Mack’s record against the slappies, little brother?...

Last edited:
Wut?

His response was to cite Williamson (a 5 star player) as a factual rebuttal of your false assertion that CM has not landed a 5 star kid.

You’re response was to “morph your position” and deflect from being proved wrong.

Fail.
That’s not the issue. As I said, you don’t need 5-star kids, and you don’t know they’re clean. I’ve got hop tilting at windmills...

That’s not the issue. As I said, you don’t need 5-star kids, and you don’t know they’re clean. I’ve got hop tilting at windmills...
The issue of that particular post - if you can keep up - was you saying that Mack had not signed a 5 star to UofL.

You were / are wrong and Hop proved it. Admit your mistake and carry on.

What’s Mack’s record against the slappies, little brother?...
0-1.

While not good, it doesn’t look nearly as dismal as the “Master’s” 2-8 (being outscored by 58 points in the series) record of futility.

Let’s see you polish that turd.

Give Mack time. He’s the best in the game right now. He was the platform that got Miller to level he was when at X. Mack was the lead in recruiting. Now he’s the head coach at a tier 1 program with the facilities to support the highest level of recruiting.

Mack is very approachable and is the kind of person you’d want to be friends with. An upstanding guy with integrity for the game and his university. This was/is the top hire.

With only one full recruiting class under his belt, I've been pretty happy with Coach Mack's recruiting. One important factor is to get whatever crap the NCAA decides to throw at UofL out of the way first. Once that long looming dark cloud has passed, and CCM has had a few clear seasons to really recruit, we will have an even better idea of what he and his staff can- or can't- accomplish.

As of right now I feel that Mack is recruiting with a bit of a handicap holding him back. One that he didn't have any control over. Even with that, I feel that he has brought in a solid, talented incoming freshmen class. Will CCM end up as one of the coaching greats at UofL? Only time will answer that. But I'm willing to give him the chance.

Here's a comprehensive look at the relationship between Rivals five-star kids and national titles. The time frame is the last 11 years, 2009-2019.

The coefficient of determination between the two variables is 0.2. This loosely means that 20% of the predictive model for a national title is attributed to the number of 5-star kids that have gone thru your program.

IOW a very weak relationship...

Slapd!cks 45 five stars, 1 title
Duke 27 fives, 2 titles
Arizona 19 fives, 0 titles
Kansas 15 fives, 0 titles
UNC 13 fives, 2 titles
Florida 9 fives, 0 titles
UCLA 6 fives, 0 titles
Mich St 6 fives, 0 titles
LSU 5 fives, 0 titles
Oregon 5 fives, 0 titles
Nova 5 fives, 2 titles
Ohio St 4 fives, 0 titles
Uconn 4 fives, 2 titles
FSU 4 fives, 0 titles
Texas 4 fives, 0 titles
Louisville 4 fives,1 title
Cuse 3 fives, 0 titles
Baylor 3 fives, 0 titles
Washington 3 fives, 0 titles
USC 3 fives, 0 titles
Michigan 2 fives, 0 titles
Marquette 2 fives, 0 titles
Cal 2 fives, 0 titles
UNLV 2 fives, 0 titles
Alabama 2 fives, 0 titles
Missouri 2 fives, 0 titles
Vanderbilt 2 fives, 0 titles
Maryland 2 fives, 0 titles
Miss St 2 fives, 0 titles
Tenn 2 fives, 0 titles
Auburn 2 fives, 0 titles
Memphis 2 fives, 0 titles
Western KY 2 fives, 0 titles
KSU 1 five, 0 titles
Wisconsin 1 five, 0 titles
Purdue 1 five, 0 titles
Gonzaga 1 five, 0 titles
Oklahoma 1 five, 0 titles
Miami FL 1 five, 0 titles
Iowa State 1 five, 0 titles
Illinois 1 five, 0 titles
Indiana 1 five, 0 titles
Nevada 1 five, 0 titles
Wake Forest 1 five, 0 titles
Georgia 1 five, 0 titles
Tx Tech 1 five, 0 titles
WVU 1 five, 0 titles
Virginia 0 fives,1 title

Last edited:
ROTFLMAO
This was well discussed in 2014 when memory and the hurt was still fresh. You and I just view the game differently.
Like I said, start a thread if you want clarity on the question. I don't need it...

0-1.

While not good, it doesn’t look nearly as dismal as the “Master’s” 2-8 (being outscored by 58 points in the series) record of futility.

Let’s see you polish that turd.
Mack's win % is 0.000. His scoring deficit is 13 ppg. There's always hope...

Of course there’s hope. In the future Mack won’t have to coach a roster that was depleted of talent due to the scandals brought to the program by your “Master”.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Only ESPN and the hos linked Russ Smith. No one else, not Russ, not U of L, not the NCAA.

Great find and on par for you...
Well the picture(s) of him with the “hos” in Minardi hall certainly link him as well. Unsurprisingly, your standard for evidence is vastly different depending on whether you’re providing it or, it’s being provided to you. Time for you to admit that you were wrong again and move along to the next topic that you’ll be wrong about.

Lol - “only ESPN”...

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Here's a comprehensive look at the relationship between Rivals five-star kids and national titles. The time frame is the last 11 years, 2009-2019.

The coefficient of determination between the two variables is 0.2. This loosely means that 20% of the predictive model for a national title is attributed to the number of 5-star kids that have gone thru your program.

IOW a very weak relationship...

Slapd!cks 45 five stars, 1 title
Duke 27 fives, 2 titles
Arizona 19 fives, 0 titles
Kansas 15 fives, 0 titles
UNC 13 fives, 2 titles
Florida 9 fives, 0 titles
UCLA 6 fives, 0 titles
Mich St 6 fives, 0 titles
LSU 5 fives, 0 titles
Oregon 5 fives, 0 titles
Nova 5 fives, 2 titles
Ohio St 4 fives, 0 titles
Uconn 4 fives, 2 titles
FSU 4 fives, 0 titles
Texas 4 fives, 0 titles
Louisville 4 fives,1 title
Cuse 3 fives, 0 titles
Baylor 3 fives, 0 titles
Washington 3 fives, 0 titles
USC 3 fives, 0 titles
Michigan 2 fives, 0 titles
Marquette 2 fives, 0 titles
Cal 2 fives, 0 titles
UNLV 2 fives, 0 titles
Alabama 2 fives, 0 titles
Missouri 2 fives, 0 titles
Vanderbilt 2 fives, 0 titles
Maryland 2 fives, 0 titles
Miss St 2 fives, 0 titles
Tenn 2 fives, 0 titles
Auburn 2 fives, 0 titles
Memphis 2 fives, 0 titles
Western KY 2 fives, 0 titles
KSU 1 five, 0 titles
Wisconsin 1 five, 0 titles
Purdue 1 five, 0 titles
Gonzaga 1 five, 0 titles
Oklahoma 1 five, 0 titles
Miami FL 1 five, 0 titles
Iowa State 1 five, 0 titles
Illinois 1 five, 0 titles
Indiana 1 five, 0 titles
Nevada 1 five, 0 titles
Wake Forest 1 five, 0 titles
Georgia 1 five, 0 titles
Tx Tech 1 five, 0 titles
WVU 1 five, 0 titles
Virginia 0 fives,1 title

Actually I believe this is excellent proof that the “roll out the ball” theory practiced by calisleazy is correct. Other than that - not much else.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Some of us might know these players from the past. This is all behind them now. The most relevant thing is, is where the program is today. And it is with a top coach, recruiter, and already back to top 10 status. No one I talked to thought the program would achieve this level so quickly, and it’s only going to improve. Just my opinion.

Well the picture(s) of him with the “hos” in Minardi hall certainly link him as well...
Somewhat agree...

two-slapdicks.jpg

Somewhat agree...

two-slapdicks.jpg

That’s becoming a very weak crutch zipp. And old to boot. The guy on the left is still an a hole and continues to prove it each and every time he talks about THE UofL. Plus he hated Tom Jurich with a passion because of the success TJ brought to THE UofL. That’s a very old picture and I’m still voting for Vince Tyra.

That’s becoming a very weak crutch zipp. And old to boot. The guy on the left is still an a hole and continues to prove it each and every time he talks about THE UofL. Plus he hated Tom Jurich with a passion because of the success TJ brought to THE UofL. That’s a very old picture and I’m still voting for Vince Tyra...
Tell that to the guy above who takes a lot from a photo...

That’s becoming a very weak crutch zipp. And old to boot. The guy on the left is still an a hole and continues to prove it each and every time he talks about THE UofL. Plus he hated Tom Jurich with a passion because of the success TJ brought to THE UofL. That’s a very old picture and I’m still voting for Vince Tyra.

All crutches will weaken over time when they have that much dead weight resting on them.

Tell that to the guy above who takes a lot from a photo...
Once again - your burden of proof on evidence changes dramatically depending on whether you’re providing it or, it’s being provided.

But hey, no one ever accused you of being consistent in the traditional sense of the word.

For comparisons sake Pitino lost his first four games in a row against Uk with Calipari. Does that somehow give Mack a pass? Nope. But Pitino wasn't just starting out at UofL at that point or with a handicap either.

Once again - your burden of proof on evidence changes dramatically depending on whether you’re providing it or, it’s being provided.

But hey, no one ever accused you of being consistent in the traditional sense of the word.
I don't make any serious indictments over photos like these. They're all FWIW...

Pizza-Guy-amp-Friends.jpg

I don't make any serious indictments over photos like these. They're all FWIW...

Yeah, kinda like all of your post. And, by the way, I understand if you ask nicely, Dr. Bendapudi will even take a picture with you. She’s real nice that way.

Yeah, kinda like all of your post. And, by the way, I understand if you ask nicely, Dr. Bendapudi will even take a picture with you. She’s real nice that way...
A picture says a thousand words, as the line goes. I generally don't need to say much, I just keep putting them up for folks to admire... :cool:

As a football enthusiast, does that stadium exist without Papa or would games still be played on a baseball field?
I think you need to start a "Pizza Guy's a jolly good fellow" thread. Oughta be fun...

I think you need to start a "Pizza Guy's a jolly good fellow" thread. Oughta be fun...
I like pizza more than playing on a baseball field and having to hop over first base just to get in position during a home football game. Do you think the likes of Bridgwater and Jackson could be sold on playing in Old Cardinal Stadium?

Football program has come a long long way. Hoops program under Mack has come a long way too, but in a much faster pace than anyone else could imagine. This coming season will be incredibly exciting and there’s not one game on the schedule that I would be surprised if the Cards win.

Once again, you help make the point.

Somehow in zippland a picture of Bendapudi and Tyra with a person that donated millions of dollars to the university equates to one of an athlete with a stripper / prostitute who cost the university an ncaa basketball title. o_O

A picture says a thousand words, as the line goes. I generally don't need to say much, I just keep putting them up for folks to admire... :cool:
Lol - how many posts do you think you’d have if you didn’t feel the need to say so little?

Lol - how many posts do you think you’d have if you didn’t feel the need to say so little?
Probably as many as stalkers would bag if they couldn't practice their trade.
Once again, you help make the point.

Somehow in zippland a picture of Bendapudi and Tyra with a person that donated millions of dollars to the university equates to one of an athlete with a stripper / prostitute who cost the university an ncaa basketball title...
Pizza Guy enabled the ho. I like you defending him...keep it up.

Probably as many as stalkers would bag if they couldn't practice their trade.

Pizza Guy enabled the ho. I like you defending him...keep it up.
I’m sorry, I don’t speak gibberish. Your responses read like they were written in crayon. Next time run them by a grownup.

Serious question; asking as just another poster here. Why do so many feed into these posts that take threads off the rails? If "someone" is taking the thread or topic to a place where most don't want the thread to go (negativity), why not just ignore those posts and let that diversion die with that single post? Why do many feel the need to respond to a post or poster that seeks to derail or hijack a thread? Those who respond to these senselessly negative posts are just as guilty of perpetuating that negativity (keeping the topic alive) as the senselessly negative poster himself. The "board" decides what topics thrive and what topics die by what it chooses to respond to. Don't be that guy; let that shit die. Ignore is a great option.

Last edited:
Serious question; asking as just another poster here. Why do so many feed into these posts that take threads off the rails? If "someone" is taking the thread or topic to a place where most don't want the thread to go (negativity), why not just ignore those posts and let that diversion die with that single post? Why do many feel the need to respond to a post or poster that seeks to derail or hijack a thread? Those who respond to these senselessly negative posts are just as guilty of perpetuating that negativity (keeping the topic alive) as the senselessly negative poster himself. The "board" decides what topics thrive and what topics die by what it chooses to respond to. Don't be that guy; let that shit die. Ignore is a great option.

Thank you Steelers! I have been trying to find a half way decent way of saying this for the last 2 days. But I've been so angry about this BS, the right words just were not coming to me.

Warning.....I'm ready to give some folks a break away from the board period for awhile. I'm closing this nonsense down now.

Reactions: SoulSr and gocds
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT