ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Slazenski leaving?

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
I've heard there's chatter about him transferring?

I wouldn't be the end of the world, but dang I'd hate to lose a talented returning player like him.

It can only mean he was/is being recruited over. First Matt Cross and now maybe someone getting Carlik's scholarship?

I like Quinn too but he had plenty of opportunities this past season to shine and he had his moments, but this one time transfer waiver is hard to ignore if you're not 100 percent with your current school.

I've been surprised that Williamson and Withers haven't entered the portal.

Hoping Quinn stays, but it would not be a surprise given the situation. Samuel Williamson is probably the one definitive starter on this roster, and he would have no reason to leave; the staff believe he will average a “double double” this season. Jaelyn would be another one that has no reason to leave. Dre Davis on the other hand, might think his minutes could be reduced.

I too hope Quinn stays. Players like him who stay 4 years and develop, become the backbone of championship caliber team. Not a supper star but a huge contributor, like a Luke Hancock.

I’d like him to stay as well I think he contributes to the team. I also agree it would be instrumental in the growth of the team his 3rd and 4th year.

Disappointed to hear this.
A LOT more pressure on Coach Mack this season to produce.
I am not saying he is NOT the guy to take us forward for the next decade but I am yet to be convinced that he IS the guy.
The multitude of changes since the season ended is indicative of his realization that things have to change for him to be the long term answer.

Reactions: blair10
College hoops is more and more becoming irrelevant to me and that's something I never would have even considered a possibility for most of my life.

I got hooked by the Cards during the 1980 championship run when I was a young teenager. All my friends were Kentucky fans and I lost several after I decided that it was the Cards I preferred. They were after all, the doctors of dunk.

Now all these years later, UofL hoops is now the whipping boy for ncaa violations and they are consistently being downgraded or overlooked by their own conference. Some of this was self inflicted but unlike other top programs, they get the hammer regardless of any mitigating actions that should lesson any penalties.

Now we can't even keep our players and are turning into a transfer school. A different one and done but still a temporary fix for the goal of winning the championship.

Remember the 2013 team that we all so dearly admired and loved? Other than Luke and Montrezl, it was the players who helped win the title we fans had watched develop in the seasons before the championship victory that made the title so rewarding. If it would have been like today then, I doubt Russ, Chane or Wayne would have stuck around.

Maybe it's only Covid and all the panic that comes from it but I doubt that's all it is. The transfer waiver should be a one time thing but with the amount of political correctness hypnotizing everyone, all it will take is some claim that making kids sit out a year is racist.

If that happens I will lose interest in collegiate sports as it will no longer be fun for me seeing a totally transformed roster each and every season. But like everything else in America, transformation to some other reality is what is being sought.

I will pass.

I think Quinn leaving was more about his own desire to obtain playing time and seeing the roster improvements as personally challenging. I do not think CCM wanted Quinn to transfer, but it does appear this team is becoming a lot more talented with these changes.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
College hoops is more and more becoming irrelevant to me and that's something I never would have even considered a possibility for most of my life.

I got hooked by the Cards during the 1980 championship run when I was a young teenager. All my friends were Kentucky fans and I lost several after I decided that it was the Cards I preferred. They were after all, the doctors of dunk.

Now all these years later, UofL hoops is now the whipping boy for ncaa violations and they are consistently being downgraded or overlooked by their own conference. Some of this was self inflicted but unlike other top programs, they get the hammer regardless of any mitigating actions that should lesson any penalties.

Now we can't even keep our players and are turning into a transfer school. A different one and done but still a temporary fix for the goal of winning the championship.

Remember the 2013 team that we all so dearly admired and loved? Other than Luke and Montrezl, it was the players who helped win the title we fans had watched develop in the seasons before the championship victory that made the title so rewarding. If it would have been like today then, I doubt Russ, Chane or Wayne would have stuck around.

Maybe it's only Covid and all the panic that comes from it but I doubt that's all it is. The transfer waiver should be a one time thing but with the amount of political correctness hypnotizing everyone, all it will take is some claim that making kids sit out a year is racist.

If that happens I will lose interest in collegiate sports as it will no longer be fun for me seeing a totally transformed roster each and every season. But like everything else in America, transformation to some other reality is what is being sought.

I will pass.
My thoughts exactly.

This isn't just a Louisville thing - all the schools have become transfer schools. The players deserve the chance to do what coaches get to do, seek other opportunities. It's bad enough they receive no compensation, at the very least they deserve freedom to move it along. So this is the result, scattered, patched together rosters and a product that has been in decline for years (the sport) is now going full speed that direction.

I agree with the thoughts overall, how can fans invest when the careers of players at one location are over so soon?

Imagine how it's going to feel when the Cards lose more than a nice rotation player, to the transfer portal, but one of their top options. I am thrilled Williamson and Withers appear to be returning, seriously!

In the old days Quinn stays around develops and plays a role. Now it is all about playing time not development. It is impossible situation for coaches.

That is why I would be very surprised if they add anyone. They have 12 legit players really no holes. Maybe the 2 but James and Davis are options. The rotation will end up being 7-9.

Reactions: vivid_red
Malik coming back takes away a lot of his PT. Withers and Traynor are already there too, but Quinn's role as a big that can go out and shoot isn't as big with Malik being back. He gave us 2 years and now in year 3 he probably does not want to fall to 4th in line in the front court rotation.

Mass transfers every year hurt collegiate sports. There has to be a middle ground, permitting athletes some control over their careers. Justin Fields getting a waiver to transfer from GA to OSU, due to an alleged racial incident [ since widely disputed as even happening ] was a joke.

I too hope Quinn stays. Players like him who stay 4 years and develop, become the backbone of championship caliber team. Not a supper star but a huge contributor, like a Luke Hancock.
I'd heard Slaz was great at a dinner party. 😏

I think Quinn leaving was more about his own desire to obtain playing time and seeing the roster improvements as personally challenging. I do not think CCM wanted Quinn to transfer, but it does appear this team is becoming a lot more talented with these changes.
Bull!! Quinn is the player want on the team. He gave his all.and brought excitement to the game. He is old school.. Makes up what he lacks in talent with grit and effort. He was forced out

Slaz came in with reputation of being a good shooter. He never showed that on the court. His lack of speed, quickness, jumping ability, made him a detriment on defense, slowing our pace even more.

Slaz came in with reputation of being a good shooter. He never showed that on the court. His lack of speed, quickness, jumping ability, made him a detriment on defense, slowing our pace even more.
BS. Slaz came in with intention of redshirting his first year. When he showed promise in practices (hustling) and with injuries to Minlend/Nickleberry, he was given an opportunity to contribute and he did. Enough said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT