ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty bad!

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Has to be our worse game. This team has no business being in the tournament come March. We just don't have a collective team IQ. At least not good enough to take advantage of some rather easy situations. I'm really perplexed by Snider. He seemed to have a good hoops IQ in the past but the dude just makes too many bad decisions.

We also have too many guys who sulk when they mess up, especially King and Adel. Anas is just one of those players who for every good thing he does, he turns around and makes a bone head play. And it looks like McMahan hasn't adjusted to what teams are doing to him and is trying too hard. However, if his teammates would set him up for the 3 he could start being a force again. Some guys don't seem to respect him on the court.

Which leaves the coaching. DP is in a no lose situation. After all, he's only 32 and was thrust into the lead job a week before practice. Nobody can really criticize him for what appears to be a NIT team full of talented players. As these games have gone on it really looks like teams have watched our film and have the confidence their game plan will work. Syracuse is a very bad offensive team and they look as confident as any team I've seen play against the Cards.

Something needs to change and quickly. Give more minutes to Perry, Nwora and Malik. Use McMahan and King for zone busting and don't play Anas and Ray together. Get into Q and Adel about upperclassman leadership over stats or they will lose minutes.

What were doing now is not working.

I see a lot of guys giving poor effort. Won't call anyone out but two vets in particular.

Perfect example there with Adel trying for some fancy dunk instead hurting himself. What in the game so far has him thinking cool over needed breakaway bucket? That's his mentality and I don't see it changing. He's thinking of himself there and not the team. Reminds me a bit of Jaire Alexander against Purdue.

Reactions: STLNBSE
Our upperclassmen are not leading by examples. The younger kids sees Adel jacking up a boneheaded contested jumper and think they can do the same. The turnovers were killing us to start the game. Toward the end, we were killing them with the interior passing and scored something like 12 straight points in the paint then they suddenly stopped passing the ball inside once we are within 4 points against Syracuse. Ball gets passed around the perimeter and someone jack up a frustration jumper. Adel has significantly regressed. Dude can't dribble in traffic. His passes looks awkward and not easy to catch. He doesn't move well without the ball to get open. He rarely pass the ball back out when driving toward the basket. I don't blame Q as much because it's not his fault if he pass the ball and it doesn't come back to him. That can be very frustrating as a point guard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT