ADVERTISEMENT

Postel's Charges vs Jurich's Response (political content ITT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like me? LOL. Wow.

Look, you made a false statement to date. I think that's pretty clear. Will Trump surpass Obama regarding travel/expense? Without a doubt. He's a billionaire who has a ton more places for the Secret Service to secure. What this guy WON'T do though is throw billions, even trillions to the rest of the world trying to make them love us. When Obama took over from Bush, he called him irresponsible and downright UN-American for spending so much money by increasing the National debt, then turned around and crushed the total debt by going from 9 Trillion to 19 trillion.

Oh and if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Every family will get on average $2500 extra dollars too.

You got your check yet? I have not. I'm still waiting.

Five words: multi billion dollar border wall.

I haven’t ever said he is stupid. He’s lazy, narcissistic, self aggrandizing, misogynistic, predatory, morally bankrupt, thin skinned and a vulgar bully. But stupid? Nah.

Btw - I don’t intentionally capitalize or not capitalize any name - it’s simply how my iPhone recognizes it. Sorry if that bugs you.
He fights back when attacked. I call that standing up to bullies. He is anything but lazy since he was out running around campaigning when Hillary was sleeping. He is predatory on what grounds? Because he talked like a guy and got caught? Hillary is married to a sexual predator yet is a champion for women? LMAO! The whole country is morally bankrupt, and considering how many people melt down when they feel challenged, I would say a whole lot are thin skinned. He is a narcissist. What President hasn't been? I can't comment on self aggrandizing because I'm too dumb to know what that means!

It's been fun guys. No hard feelings. I love this country, warts and all. Got to call it a night. Best wishes for all.

All in good fun CardX. I thought you would appreciate it. :D

In this political climate, when discussing such, there is no "good fun." But, please, continue to insinuate name calling.

Last edited:
They hate Trump. All 3 of them, and all 3 are going away. 2 aren't running again and 1 is dying of cancer. He's the only 1 I actually respect too. He is a true American Hero. I salute Senator John McCain.
They (and a metric shit-ton of other Americans both in the public and private sectors) hate what trump stands for and how he has disgraced the office of the presidency and lessened America’s stature in the world. If they do hate trump it’s because he’s responded to honest criticism from them with personal attacks because he’s unable to debate them on policy.

Conservatives seek to conserve. It’s just that there is nothing left to conserve anymore. The country has fallen that far.
That makes zero sense. Conservatives aren’t conservationists - they want lower taxes, free trade, strong defense, etc.

Those are ideas - and they don’t seem to be in short supply - as those are the ideas that are being pushed currently.

Not to go political, but who are you to demand to view anyone's tax return? I don't get it!

We are voters, correct? We'd like full disclosure from our candidates, right? We want to make sure they are honest, there are no conflicts of interest, etc. This isn't hard.

Reactions: BPGhost
OK, that means Houston (liberal), Dallas/Fort Worth (liberal), San Antonio (liberal), and Austin (super liberal) would get all the attention from the politicians while El Paso, Lubbock, and other areas get snubbed.

No thanks.
What? No, it would mean that the 27,000,000 more people in Texas would get greater representation than the people of South Dakota. It defies logic that they would not.

We are voters, correct? We'd like full disclosure from our candidates, right? We want to make sure they are honest, there are no conflicts of interest, etc. This isn't hard.
Hard? You lost me at "honest".

All of you can take your political views and stick them where the sun DON'T shine!

I was accepting, although with some restraint, the changes the BOT was making until today's character asassination of Tom Jurich. That was so wrong and so petty. The man did more for this university than anyone else I can recall. For David Grissom, the Governor appointed pawn, and the rest of the BOT members to attempt to ruin the reputation and future of Tom Jurich is nothing but gutless and wrong. What a total piece of crap his "his smugness" and this BOT appear to be.

He fights back when attacked. I call that standing up to bullies. He is anything but lazy since he was out running around campaigning when Hillary was sleeping. He is predatory on what grounds? Because he talked like a guy and got caught? Hillary is married to a sexual predator yet is a champion for women? LMAO! The whole country is morally bankrupt, and considering how many people melt down when they feel challenged, I would say a whole lot are thin skinned. He is a narcissist. What President hasn't been? I can't comment on self aggrandizing because I'm too dumb to know what that means!
He “fights back” when there’s no fight - he simply isn’t able to understand and disseminate honest criticism on political differences from personal attacks so, he immediately attacks people on a personal level. Somehow in your view McCain is a bully and trump is a victim? Lol - ok.

He is predatory based upon the dozen(s) of accounts of women who have accused him of being a predator and trump verified that (on tape multiple times) with his own words. As sexual predators go - trump makes Bill Clinton look like a freaking amateur. Is hillary a hypocrite - most definitely but, there are verifiable and demonstrable actions that she has taken in behalf of women over the years. You must really “LMAO” at Melania being a champion of anti-bullying - I know I do.

He’s intellectually lazy as evidenced by the fact that he couldn’t hold a policy discussion for more than 10 minutes with an 8th grade civics class.

I don’t know if the whole country is morally bankrupt or thin skinned or not but, I do know that I expect more from the potus than I do from the dude that changes the oil in my car. It’s a shame you apparently don’t.

Reactions: SoulSr and CardX
Where are the Democrats mainly at in this country? In the more heavily populated areas. The electoral college gives everyone a fair voice in spite of the population swing for Democrats.

Maybe I should have said the people who work their asses off to pay their taxes are fed up with people continually digging in their pockets deeper and deeper. Maybe that's more appropriate.

That's pretty funny when it's the people in blue states that subsidize the "hard working" people in red states like KY.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
He “fights back” when there’s no fight - he simply isn’t able to understand and disseminate honest criticism on political differences from personal attacks so, he immediately attacks people on a personal level. Somehow in your view McCain is a bully and trump is a victim? Lol - ok.

He is predatory based upon the dozen(s) of accounts of women who have accused him of being a predator and trump verified that (on tape multiple times) with his own words. As sexual predators go - trump makes Bill Clinton look like a freaking amateur. Is hillary a hypocrite - most definitely but, there are verifiable and demonstrable actions that she has taken in behalf of women over the years. You must really “LMAO” at Melania being a champion of anti-bullying - I know I do.

He’s intellectually lazy as evidenced by the fact that he couldn’t hold a policy discussion for more than 10 minutes with an 8th grade civics class.

I don’t know if the whole country is morally bankrupt or thin skinned or not but, I do know that I expect more from the potus than I do from the dude that changes the oil in my car. It’s a shame you apparently don’t.
Dude, he's who we got. I supported President Obama, President Bush, President Clinton, President Bush Sr, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter who was the first Presidential election I was able to vote in. I voted for all of them sans President Obama his second term. I've been happy with some, and not so happy with others. This constant bickering back and forth does nothing to move this country forward. Hillary lost. That's the stone cold truth, and it's past time for everyone to move on and get behind the guy running the show. If he fails, then the system will work with due process. It always has. It always will.

The butt hurt coming from the losing party this time around is beyond staggering. One moment you claim you never said Trump was stupid, then another say he doesn't have the intellect of the guy changing your oil. The guy changing your oil works and pays taxes. He relates. You don't relate regardless if you pay taxes or not. That's the difference apparently.

All I really know about this guy is he took 1 million dollars and turned it in to billions. I'm fairly sure that's harder than it sounds. I'll never know because I know my limitations. I also know that the national debt under Obama grew by about $9 trillion, or an increase of 86% in 8 years. That IS irresponsible and UN-AMERICAN and that is his legacy.

Last edited:
Nope. You can't whine about the economy then casually discard the expense of the wall.
Yes, I actually can. The wall will create jobs while Government subsidized payouts (free stuff that those who pay taxes to give to those who do not) does nothing to spur on the economy.

One has a return on investment. The other just has a hand out for more free stuff. Since I pay taxes, I sure as hell can whine about the economy and how my tax dollars are spent. Sharing is fine. I pay MORE than my fair share. I'm tired of the Government digging deeper in my pockets.

Reactions: jimmy5-11
That's pretty funny when it's the people in blue states that subsidize the "hard working" people in red states like KY.
GMAB with that nonsense. The 'hard working' people in the higher populated areas feed the tax coffers but they're not ALL the hard working people in this country. I would love to see some banker in downtown Manhattan try to do any type of actual labor job like lay a roof, fix a plumbing problem, wire in electricity, build anything with their hands not named a birdhouse kit They consider picking up a pencil and sharpening with a motorized pencil sharpener as hard work. I do not.

HARD working people want their voice to be heard too. This last election beyond a doubt proved that and Trump, as dumb as you think he is tapped into that heartbeat that was throbbing. That and having a badly chosen opponent is why he won. Time to get over it. He won and if we're going to survive as a country, we have to start coming together for the common good sooner rather than later.

JMO and I love all of you. Lets make America GREATER than it's ever been. Time to reclaim #1 in the world!! WOOOOO!!!

Last edited:
Dude, he's who we got. I supported President Obama, President Bush, President Clinton, President Bush Sr, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter who was the first Presidential election I was able to vote in. I voted for all of them sans President Obama his second term. I've been happy with some, and not so happy with others. This constant bickering back and forth does nothing to move this country forward. Hillary lost. That's the stone cold truth, and it's past time for everyone to move on and get behind the guy running the show. If he fails, then the system will work with due process. It always has. It always will.

The butt hurt coming from the losing party this time around is beyond staggering. One moment you claim you never said Trump was stupid, then another say he doesn't have the intellect of the guy changing your oil. The guy changing your oil works and pays taxes. He relates. You don't relate regardless if you pay taxes or not. That's the difference apparently.

All I really know about this guy is he took 1 million dollars and turned it in to billions. I'm fairly sure that's harder than it sounds. I'll never know because I know my limitations. I also know that the national debt under Obama grew by about $9 trillion, or an increase of 86% in 8 years. That IS irresponsible and UN-AMERICAN and that is his legacy.
Cue, you really should read my post more carefully prior to responding. My comment about the guy that changes the oil in my car (I could’ve said one of my customers if you find that less objectionable), was in response to your rationalization that because the entire country is thin skinned and morally bankrupt, it somehow makes it OK that the potus is. It had nothing to do with Trump’s or the oil changing guy’s intellect or as you tried to insinuate, that I was looking down in the working person. I had plenty of unskilled labor jobs in my youth - including a union factory job I worked in a gap year before starting college, so I know a thing about working hard and paying taxes at multiple levels.

In fact, I repeated that I don’t think Trump is stupid, I do however think it’s beyond evident that he is intellectually lazy. You do understand that those are separate issues - right?

I understand that Clinton lost and I’m not trying to relitigate the election. Pointing out changes in the system I think that would be more reflective and better for our society 225+ years after the Constitution was written, has nothing to do with being “butt hurt“. Interestingly the person that references Clinton the most in this country is trump.

Again you incorrectly ascribe the rise of the national debt to Obama. If you want to throw around charges like “in American and legacy”, you need to aim them at Congress who controls the money for this country. At least be accurate when you’re bashing someone.

I more than understand that “(trump) is who we got“. That should not stop me from wanting him to both do his job well and, not embarrass the office and the nation with his personal shortcomings.

GMAB with that nonsense. The 'hard working' people in the higher populated areas feed the tax coffers but they're not ALL the hard working people in this country. I would love to see some banker in downtown Manhattan try to do any type of actual labor job like lay a roof, fix a plumbing problem, wire in electricity, build anything with their hands not named a birdhouse kit They consider picking up a pencil and sharpening with a motorized pencil sharpener as hard work. I do not.
Kind of interesting. You took me to task in an earlier post about not being able to relate to the guy that changes the oil in my car and here you are, espousing this bit of class warfare. How do you know what the banker in Manhattan can do when he’s not at his job? I feel fairly certain that if I would have said something along the lines of plumbers and laborers can’t do simple math you would’ve taken great issue with it.

Reactions: Cue Card
Cue, you really should read my post more carefully prior to responding. My comment about the guy that changes the oil in my car (I could’ve said one of my customers if you find that less objectionable), was in response to your rationalization that because the entire country is thin skinned and morally bankrupt, it somehow makes it OK that the potus is. It had nothing to do with Trump’s or the oil changing guy’s intellect or as you tried to insinuate, that I was looking down in the working person. I had plenty of unskilled labor jobs in my youth - including a union factory job I worked in a gap year before starting college, so I know a thing about working hard and paying taxes at multiple levels.

In fact, I repeated that I don’t think Trump is stupid, I do however think it’s beyond evident that he is intellectually lazy. You do understand that those are separate issues - right?

I understand that Clinton lost and I’m not trying to relitigate the election. Pointing out changes in the system I think that would be more reflective and better for our society 225+ years after the Constitution was written, has nothing to do with being “butt hurt“. Interestingly the person that references Clinton the most in this country is trump.

Again you incorrectly ascribe the rise of the national debt to Obama. If you want to throw around charges like “in American and legacy”, you need to aim them at Congress who controls the money for this country. At least be accurate when you’re bashing someone.

I more than understand that “(trump) is who we got“. That should not stop me from wanting him to both do his job well and, not embarrass the office and the nation with his personal shortcomings.
OK. I get that and respect it. Personally I think where we disagree the most is you seem to be more concerned about world perception. I personally don't. I just want to be able to go to work, pay my fair share of taxes and not worry about whether or not I'll have enough money left over to either save or splurge in whatever crazy way I want. I absolutely LOVE the fact we're able to talk about this without having to worry about someone knocking on my door and taking me off to a camp in handcuffs waiting to be executed. This country is GREAT! It can be even better and to hell with what the rest of the world thinks about it. I don't care about the rest of the world. I only care about the United States of America.

Kind of interesting. You took me to task in an earlier post about not being able to relate to the guy that changes the oil in my car and here you are, espousing this bit of class warfare. How do you know what the banker in Manhattan can do when he’s not at his job? I feel fairly certain that if I would have said something along the lines of plumbers and laborers can’t do simple math you would’ve taken great issue with it.
That was the point. Glad you caught it.

Reactions: BPGhost
OK. I get that and respect it. Personally I think where we disagree the most is you seem to be more concerned about world perception. I personally don't. I just want to be able to go to work, pay my fair share of taxes and not worry about whether or not I'll have enough money left over to either save or splurge in whatever crazy way I want. I absolutely LOVE the fact we're able to talk about this without having to worry about someone knocking on my door and taking me off to a camp in handcuffs waiting to be executed. This country is GREAT! It can be even better and to hell with what the rest of the world thinks about it. I don't care about the rest of the world. I only care about the United States of America.
Understood. I’m not wrapped up in world perception however if the US is to be a leading force in the world - both for good and militarily - then how we are perceived is important and more importantly, makes it easier for us in this role.

If countries think our government is disjointed, inefficient, ineffectual and has as its leader someone who is untrustworthy and unreliable - someone who is more interested in getting into Twitter spats with Gold Star families and watching cable news than putting in the difficult work to understand the policy necessary to be an effective potus - then the already difficult job of getting these countries on the same page with our national interests - becomes exponentially harder.

Understood. I’m not wrapped up in world perception however if the US is to be a leading force in the world - both for good and militarily - then how we are perceived is important and more importantly, makes it easier for us in this role.

If countries think our government is disjointed, inefficient, ineffectual and has as its leader someone who is untrustworthy and unreliable - someone who is more interested in getting into Twitter spats with Gold Star families and watching cable news than putting in the difficult work to understand the policy necessary to be an effective potus - then the already difficult job of getting these countries on the same page with our national interests - becomes exponentially harder.
OK. Still don't really care how the rest of the world sees us. Some areas of the world just hate us and it doesn't matter who is saying what to whom or when, they are going to continue hating us.

If President Obama's time in office proved anything to ALL of us, it's that no matter what is said or done, there are places on earth that simply hate the USA and the only way that changes is if we are eradicated from the planet

I would rather stand up and fight that. Not throw money at it while they stand in the streets chanting death to America. That's just me.

I use to be a registered Democrat and liked JFK. However, after the Democratic Louisville Mayors, Democratic Kentucky Governors, Carter, Clinton and Obama, I became a registered Republican. I saw how badly these people were governing and they were taking our Nation to ruin.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I use to be a registered Democrat and liked JFK. However, after the Democratic Louisville Mayors, Democratic Kentucky Governors, Carter, Clinton and Obama, I became a registered Republican. I saw how badly these people were governing and they were taking our Nation to ruin.
I really think there are some good ideas all over the place. Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Conservatives, etc. The biggest problem I see is the inability to compromise on the differences each have with each other. There has to be some common ground. Being stubborn or simply refusing to listen to possible new ideas is never going to work for anyone. We have to be willing to try. I haven't seen that since Clinton was President. That's been a long time.

LOL. Just another reason why things aren't going so well for the Democrats in this country:

"The Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution," - Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez 10-24-2017.

Oops.:D

Reactions: wilkie01
OK. Still don't really care how the rest of the world sees us. Some areas of the world just hate us and it doesn't matter who is saying what to whom or when, they are going to continue hating us.

If President Obama's time in office proved anything to ALL of us, it's that no matter what is said or done, there are places on earth that simply hate the USA and the only way that changes is if we are eradicated from the planet

I would rather stand up and fight that. Not throw money at it while they stand in the streets chanting death to America. That's just me.
I’m not talking about caring what our enemies think - I’m talking about our allies.

LOL. Just another reason why things aren't going so well for the Democrats in this country:

"The Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution," - Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez 10-24-2017.

Oops.:D
Pretty sure as a trump guy you don’t really want to play this game. :rolleyes:

I’m not talking about caring what our enemies think - I’m talking about our allies.
Me too. To hell with all of them if they don't want to make FAIR trade deals with the USA. It's been slanted in our 'allies' favor for way too long.

JMO.

Not a Trump guy. I'm an American guy.
Good that you realize those two things are becoming more and more mutually exclusive with each passing day.

Btw - I don’t follow the House, Senate, or Special Counsel investigations into the trump campaign alleged collusion with Russia. Im sure there will be plenty to learn once they are all concluded.

Good that you realize those two things are becoming more and more mutually exclusive with each passing day.

Btw - I don’t follow the House, Senate, or Special Counsel investigations into the trump campaign alleged collusion with Russia. Im sure there will be plenty to learn once they are all concluded.
Well then let me help you out a little then. The Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee paid more than $9 million to a law firm that, in turn, retained the political consultants who commissioned the now-infamous Trump dossier. They admitted that much today, probably hoping that's as far as it goes. Since they admitted it, there's no need to see just exactly who was writing the checks. I sure hope we get to follow the money.

I'm going to grab my bag of popcorn and pull up a chair. This one is going to get real interesting if the left leaning media can't cover it up or deflect it to something else. The sale of Uranium to Russia is the only real collusion I've seen thus far. Putin is a real bad guy and yet we sold Uranium to him during the Obama's administration, and it was spearheaded by the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who's hubby got a FAT speaking gig to boot from the Russians? Say it ain't so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollem Cards
Well then let me help you out a little then. The Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee paid more than $9 million to a law firm that, in turn, retained the political consultants who commissioned the now-infamous Trump dossier. They admitted that much today, probably hoping that's as far as it goes. Since they admitted it, there's no need to see just exactly who was writing the checks. I sure hope we get to follow the money.

I'm going to grab my bag of popcorn and pull up a chair. This one is going to get real interesting if the left leaning media can't cover it up or deflect it to something else. The sale of Uranium to Russia is the only real collusion I've seen thus far. Putin is a real bad guy and yet we sold Uranium to him during the Obama's administration, and it was spearheaded by the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who's hubby got a FAT speaking gig to boot from the Russians? Say it ain't so.
Please let me know when the House & Senate open up investigations and a special counsel is appointed to get to the bottom of who commissioned the trump pee-pee file - lol.

Maybe trey gowdy will turn his Benghazi committee into one that connects the dots between uranium and speaking fees - double lol.

Please let me know when the House & Senate open up investigations and a special counsel is appointed to get to the bottom of who commissioned the trump pee-pee file - lol.

Maybe trey gowdy will turn his Benghazi committee into one that connects the dots between uranium and speaking fees - double lol.
Only since you asked. I will. LOL. Also, the line is straight to connect the dots. The people responsible for connecting them are crooked. That's the problem. Same old story inside the beltway. Business as usual.

Only since you asked. I will. LOL. Also, the line is straight to connect the dots. The people responsible for connecting them are crooked. That's the problem. Same old story inside the beltway. Business as usual.
How can there be a “straight line” when there were multiple agencies involved? All of them went along with this uranium “collusion” simply so Bill Clinton could get a speaking fee? You’re smarter than that Cue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesc...ssia-uranium-scandal-are-a-real-empty-barrel/

Reactions: Cue Card
How can there be a “straight line” when there were multiple agencies involved? All of them went along with this uranium “collusion” simply so Bill Clinton could get a speaking fee? You’re smarter than that Cue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesc...ssia-uranium-scandal-are-a-real-empty-barrel/
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm not convinced that I am.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m-and-hillary-clinton/?utm_term=.d5578de2970c

I can see how things get muddy in a hurry because, well, it's politics and that's half the allure to some, but right now what we know is all that smoke surrounding what you called the 'pee-pee file' seems to have been fabricated and what I like to call transference has happened. The Dems were screaming Russia Russia Russia and all along it was the Clinton's and the Dems doing the actual collusion WITH Russia! LMAO!!

I am dumb.

BTW, there's the investigation you were looking for, and 1 other bit of info. The FBI informant has been un-gagged. Pretty sure President Obama and Former Sec of State Clinton aren't too happy about that.

Last edited:

I enjoyed that article. I enjoyed the only response from someone not named Dr. James Conca too. Thought he summed it up very well.

optimal5544 - "Clinton Foundation received $145M from Russian interests and, as noted, Bill received $500K in speaking fees – all around the time of the deal. Since then there have been no additional donations to the Clinton Foundation from Russia and no more speaking fees. Why?

Further, the argument you’re making James, is that the deal is a “nothing burger” because the quality of the uranium is poor. So, they cut a bad deal? Are you arguing that the pay for play (which, by the way took place while she was Sec. Of State) doesn’t matter because Russia got a bad deal? Is that you’re argument. Corruption is corruption. Doesn’t matter what the outcome is."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT