ADVERTISEMENT

Postel's Charges vs Jurich's Response (political content ITT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelers2017

No-Ranking Prospect
Oct 9, 2017
Just wanted to provide both Postel's Termination letter, as well as Jurich's response to the charges, both released today. It seems the media is only reporting on the termination letter. Not making any statements for or against myself, just wanted both sides of the story included in any discussion.

Last edited:
I know the vote by the board to fire Jurich was 10/18. Postel's letter is dated 10/20. He and Grissom had 48 hours to conjure up that character assassinstion attempt. No telling how many drafts they went through. And the fact they actually use the word "bully" is comical. These are our university leaders, folks.

I'd also like to add Grissom is airing UofL's dirty laundry to his colleagues on Centre's board, on which he also serves. His intentions as board chair at UofL are not good, as he is intentionally further harming UofL's reputation with insider knowledge of the behind the scene goings on to his associates in Danville. And who knows where else?

If anyone’s a bully it’s Grissom. Bevin’s needs to be held responsible for this. I for one am going to work very hard to make sure he never hold public office again. He’s a disgrace. Hard to believe he once served in the military. Has zero integrity.

If anyone’s a bully it’s Grissom. Bevin’s needs to be held responsible for this. I for one am going to work very hard to make sure he never hold public office again. He’s a disgrace. Hard to believe he once served in the military. Has zero integrity.

While I know that you strongly disagree with the removal of Jurich, I do appreciate that your outrage is focused correctly. Gov Bevin seated this Board and gave Grissom the charge to clean up UofL athletics. Bevin has shown that he is ok to “throw the baby out with the bath water”

While I know that you strongly disagree with the removal of Jurich, I do appreciate that your outrage is focused correctly. Gov Bevin seated this Board and gave Grissom the charge to clean up UofL athletics. Bevin has shown that he is ok to “throw the baby out with the bath water”

Bevin has shown lots of things. None of which are admirable.

Postel needs to go. His post Pitino and Jurich managerial style leaves a ton to be desired. There needs to be a quick settlement with both. Both the university and fans deserve to put this behind us, not continue to read this crap daily.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Many thanks to Dr. Postel, AD Tyra, Coach Padgett, the Foundation board and ULAA. They have a monster job to take on getting us back on track.

Reactions: Steve91562
Bevin is a Trump wannabe and uses the same script. Guy is a complete loser. Talk about a bully, he longs to be one - only his mini-me stature is holding him back.

These clowns somehow keep getting elected. Both refused to release their tax returns.
The right prefers power over integrity.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
Need middle ground here folks, as this turned political in a hurry. You guys keep wondering how people like Bevin and Trump win? Really? Take a look at the state and country. People in general are just fed up with the status quo so they turn to the unknown hoping for a real change. That's how people like Bevin and Trump, right or wrong get elected. The last guy in charge of the country put us all in more debt than the previous 43 Presidents did COMBINED. Who's going to pay that money back? The left who whine and cry about wanting more for less or nothing all the time? Free stuff for everyone! Just vote me in! That doesn't work in the real world for long. At some point the gravy train runs out of gravy then the mean old right leaning dorks are left trying to clean it up. I've seen it over and over and over again and since we can't seem to learn from our own history, we are doomed to repeat it. Thankfully I'll be dead and buried before this country completely collapses. God help my grandchildren and their kids. They're screwed.

People in general are just fed up with the status quo so they turn to the unknown hoping for a real change. That's how people like Trump, right or wrong get elected.
Disparaging Mexicans and Muslims to a narrow minded portion of the electorate didn’t hurt either.

The easiest thing to do for demagogues is convince people how bad they have it because it’s human nature to never be happy or content no matter how good their life is. Like shooting fish in a barrel. In this day and age everyone just looks at their news feed headlines on their smartphones or computers and become terrified. Older people sit in front of the TV and absorb the 24 hour (bad) news cycle on a channel which reaffirms their already held positions.

First chore is define your enemy (in this case Jurich), then pounce on one misstep and embellish it with fury and important sounding words while taking the moral high ground and without giving any true details or looking at the entire picture, or in TJ’s case, his entire body of work which is rich in accomplishment and short on mistakes. Then promise to clean house to rid you of your enemy, knowing full well that most people or fans will eventually fall in line and put all the 20 years of astounding growth aside.

We are all guilty, especially myself of not appreciating what you have from time to time. I just don’t want any power hungry elected/appointed officials telling me they know what’s best.

The easiest thing to do for demagogues is convince people how bad they have it because it’s human nature to never be happy or content no matter how good their life is
So true. I remember.

YES WE CAN!

As stated earlier, if we can't learn from our past mistakes, then we will repeat them. Current status proves it.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Need middle ground here folks, as this turned political in a hurry. You guys keep wondering how people like Bevin and Trump win? Really? Take a look at the state and country. People in general are just fed up with the status quo so they turn to the unknown hoping for a real change. That's how people like Bevin and Trump, right or wrong get elected. The last guy in charge of the country put us all in more debt than the previous 43 Presidents did COMBINED. Who's going to pay that money back? The left who whine and cry about wanting more for less or nothing all the time? Free stuff for everyone! Just vote me in! That doesn't work in the real world for long. At some point the gravy train runs out of gravy then the mean old right leaning dorks are left trying to clean it up. I've seen it over and over and over again and since we can't seem to learn from our own history, we are doomed to repeat it. Thankfully I'll be dead and buried before this country completely collapses. God help my grandchildren and their kids. They're screwed.

You do know the last administration to balance the budget was a democratic president with a republican congress right? There are many reasons that Trump won...people in general being fed up was not one (he lost the popular vote by 2.10%, the largest difference since Rutherford B Hayes in 1876 and the third largest ever (John Quincy Adams won with a 10.44% deficit in 1824 with a 26.9% voter turn out)).

This current president has already spent more in travel/security expense than the "last guy" did in his entire 8 years COMBINED (that information and data is public). You think the debt is going to be any different by the time he leaves? No. You can come back to this when his administration is finished and we can compare debt during his period versus all previous and see where the numbers fall.

However, I do agree that there is a degree of political undercurrent that's going to naturally be built into this discussion and we would all do well to appeal to our better angels in that regard as we attempt to maintain a civil discourse on this.

This current president has already spent more in travel/security expense than the "last guy" did in his entire 8 years COMBINED (that information and data is public).
That is news to me for sure. All the left leaning media backs up what you said (sort of). The right leaning media does not, so please show me a bi-partisan report showing what you just posted as fact AS being really true. Please?

All I know for sure is if it's on the internet then it MUST be true. Yes?

Read the link below and not just the headline. Read and reread it if you must. Then we can discuss this in more detail if you want to. Got a feeling you probably won't want to. Just a guess.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...umps-travels-imposing-historic-costs-taxpaye/

Reactions: eastwood45789
That is news to me for sure. All the left leaning media backs up what you said (sort of). The right leaning media does not, so please show me a bi-partisan report showing what you just posted as fact AS being really true. Please?

All I know for sure is if it's on the internet then it MUST be true. Yes?

Read the link below and not just the headline. Read and reread it if you must. Then we can discuss this in more detail if you want to. Got a feeling you probably won't want to. Just a guess.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...umps-travels-imposing-historic-costs-taxpaye/

I'm good with that site but they are answering a different question. The data is all there for my arguement, 4 to 1 on agent travel days already at that point and all the data hasn't even come through yet. 42 individuals to protect versus 31 of the last administration PLUS his homes. A budget increase request of nearly 10% to account for additional costs and a 45% increase in travel costs alone versus prior administration year to year. I will concede that the numbers will need to come out on FOIA requests to do the hard math (as the article itself stipulates) but the ancillary data clearly supports the money is already spent. Could I be wrong and it be the first 18-24 months of travel/vacation that add up to the previous administrations 96 yes, but by the end it's not going to be close.

Disagree, as 3,000,000 more people voted for Hillary. People, in general, aren't fed up. Republicans are fed up. So much so that party is in chaos with all the political in fighting between Trump and other republicans. Then you've got Bannon's war on the GOP establishment. There's a lunatic fringe that's happening right now.

Disagree, as 3,000,000 more people voted for Hillary. People, in general, aren't fed up. Republicans are fed up. So much so that party is in chaos with all the political in fighting between Trump and other republicans. Then you've got Bannon's war on the GOP establishment. There's a lunatic fringe that's happening right now.
Where are the Democrats mainly at in this country? In the more heavily populated areas. The electoral college gives everyone a fair voice in spite of the population swing for Democrats.

Maybe I should have said the people who work their asses off to pay their taxes are fed up with people continually digging in their pockets deeper and deeper. Maybe that's more appropriate.

Last edited:
The data is all there for my arguement, 4 to 1 on agent travel days already at that point and all the data hasn't even come through yet
But you said Trump has already spent more travel/security expense than the "last guy" did in his entire 8 years COMBINED. That is just not true. Spin it if you want but don't polish the turd and tell me it's beautiful. Not buying it.

But you said Trump has already spent more travel/security expense than the "last guy" did in his entire 8 years COMBINED. That is just not true. Spin it if you want but don't polish the turd and tell me it's beautiful. Not buying it.

You don't have to...but that's the problem, people like you aren't buying anything except what somebody on the right is selling. You can't look at objective data and go..."You know what perhaps he hasn't spent 8 years worth of travel/expense but the actual public data shows that the spending in this area is substantively more than prior period. As a citizen that is seemingly concerned with debt this should be a problem for me." You have a problem with debt but not when it concerns the people you want in power.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I have absolutely no problem with believing in and voting for conservative ideas and candidates. What I do have a problem with is that we live in a country where people are so blinded by party loyalty that they can't intelligently analyze and listen to candidates and vote accordingly based on the candidates. Trump literally had 20 different statements or moments that would have absolutely torpedoed any other candidate but because of his plan to target certain demographics he never lost support. Intelligent people went into the voting both and chose a Trump to be president simply because he was a republican not because they honestly thought he was the best candidate to be president.

I also don't think the country as a whole is "fed up." More people voted against Donald Trump in this election than any candidate in US history...nearly 73 million people...

Last edited:
You don't have to...but that's the problem, people like you aren't buying anything except what somebody on the right is selling. You can't look at objective data and go..."You know what perhaps he hasn't spent 8 years worth of travel/expense but the actual public data shows that the spending in this area is substantively more than prior period. As a citizen that is seemingly concerned with debt this should be a problem for me." You have a problem with debt but not when it concerns the people you want in power.
People like me? LOL. Wow.

Look, you made a false statement to date. I think that's pretty clear. Will Trump surpass Obama regarding travel/expense? Without a doubt. He's a billionaire who has a ton more places for the Secret Service to secure. What this guy WON'T do though is throw billions, even trillions to the rest of the world trying to make them love us. When Obama took over from Bush, he called him irresponsible and downright UN-American for spending so much money by increasing the National debt, then turned around and crushed the total debt by going from 9 Trillion to 19 trillion.

Oh and if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Every family will get on average $2500 extra dollars too.

You got your check yet? I have not. I'm still waiting.

I have absolutely no problem with believing in and voting for conservative ideas and candidates. What I do have a problem with is that we live in a country where people are so blinded by party loyalty that they can't intelligently analyze and listen to candidates and vote accordingly based on the candidates. Trump literally had 20 different statements or moments that would have absolutely torpedoed any other candidate but because of his plan to target certain demographics he never lost support. Intelligent people went into the voting both and chose a Trump to be president simply because he was a republican not because they honestly thought he was the best candidate to be president.

I also don't think the country as a whole is "fed up." More people voted against Donald Trump in this election than any candidate in US history...nearly 73 million people...
I agree. People who work and pay taxes got tired of the BS lies that were spoon fed to them for the past 16 years. Trump isn't any better in that regard, but he isn't an establishment insider. THAT was his appeal. The political elite got stale. The established politicians who know what's best for all of us (if you would only listen to them) is what 'people like me' are tired of.

Where are the Democrats mainly at in this country? In the more heavily populated areas. The electoral college gives everyone a fair voice in spite of the population swing for Democrats.

Maybe I should have said the people who work their asses off to pay their taxes are fed up with people continually digging in their pockets deeper and deeper. Maybe that's more appropriate.

This word "fair"....I don't think it means what you think it means if I may use a theatrical paraphrase.

The electoral college is crap...but it's our crap and it's what we live with. It is in no way fair. It purposefully ensures that the outcome can vary wildly from what truly is the "Will of the People." One vote for a candidate may or may not be of actual benefit depending on where you live (that in and of itself has problems from a Republic standpoint but that's another topic for another day). It has and will continue to help both parties in various ways.

I agree. People who work and pay taxes got tired of the BS lies that were spoon fed to them for the past 16 years. Trump isn't any better in that regard, but he isn't an establishment insider. THAT was his appeal. The political elite got stale. The established politicians who know what's best for all of us (if you would only listen to them) is what 'people like me' are tired of.

Saying Trump isn't an establishment insider was always a bull$hit statement though. Look at his appointments...all rich, elitist, life long politicians or rich elites who have no business being in charge of anything with the government. Trump is continuing and always planned to support policies that benefit him and benefit the wealthy.

Also...and this isn't directed at you specifically you just happen to have said it a few times....but the statement that "people who pay taxes" got fed up is like saying that if you didn't vote for Trump then you're a lazy drain on the economy and that you don't pay taxes. If you look at the statistical breakdown of voting patterns by education for this election there was a huge gap in those with college degrees that voted for Trump and those that voted for Clinton. Its actually the widest gap in recent election history...a 9% gap (most elections is 2-5 points) So they idea that lazy dumb, non-tax paying liberals voted for Clinton is as stereotypical as saying all Trump supporters are racist and uneducated.

And just for transparency - I'm a registered Republican. I voted for Hillary not because I liked her...I absolutely do not, but only because while I may not agree with her or all of her politics I at least felt confident in her ability to run the country. Something that I had absolutely none of for Trump and based on this first year that feeling has been justified.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulSr and Cue Card
It has and will continue to help both parties in various ways.
Maybe a better word to use is 'balanced'. It gives a voice to a less populated area of people who would not have any voice if not for the EC. It does help both parties in various ways but it's crap to you because the Democrats lost out this last time around. Maybe the Democratic party will choose more wisely regarding their candidate next time around. Hillary Clinton was simply a bad candidate. She got outworked by an older man who spent less money. When she was taking naps, he was working the rust belt for electoral college votes. It was his ONLY path to the White House and she was too lazy to get out there and fight for those votes. She thought all those people who voted for President Obama were hers. As it turned out, they were not.

This is my real concern, we are losing the ability to have civil discourse. We are losing the ability to utilize reason. Demographics are changing and in the next 40 years we will reach a level of diversity this country has never seen before which is encouraging to many (the ideal of what this Country was all about when we started) but frightening to others. I mean look at this...athletics derails into this. It has permeated all areas...

Saying Trump isn't an establishment insider was always a bull$hit statement though.
He was on the other side feeding the political insiders the money. THAT is why they don't like him now. LOL.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Republicans floated the idea of getting rid of the electoral college, yet it has saved their bacon twice.
Democratic nominees have won 4 out of the last 6 popular votes.
Electoral college is antiquated and needs to go.

The right wing media goes all in on Harvey Weinsteins harassment and rapes , while ignoring
the same from Roger Ailes, Bill o'reilly, Boling, etc.....

The right wing media drumbeat Benghazi which led to 4 deaths, while ignoring the 16 attacks on US embassies and consulates that led to 60 deaths under George W Bush.

Republicans Roosevelt and Eisenhower proposed National heathcare, yet demonize
Obamacare. Even nominated Romney who instituted Romney care in Massachusetts.

They ignore and elect people who won't release their tax returns, say vile ,inhuman things.
Outright lie, insult War heroes and Gold Star families. Insult Minorities and Women.

Illegally replace board members with their pals and people from your arch-rival.

Americans aren't fed up, power hungry-party over America, republicans are fed up.
They now have total control, and can't pass significant legislation.

They will pay for such insolence starting with Bevin.

Republicans Roosevelt and Eisenhower? :rolleyes: Well, there you go.

I will assume your referring to Franklin D.Roosevelt (DEMOCRAT) who interred 100k+ Japanese American CITIZENS in prison camps during WWII. He was a warm and fuzzy guy. Wonder what he'd think of Muslims today?

I digress....................

Funny thing happening out there today.

The one who claimed Trump "colluded" with the Russians, gets closer to prison everyday for colluding and selling uranium to the Russians.

Start snooping around and you never know where it will lead.

Karma's a bitch.

Reactions: PHCARD

I will assume your referring to Franklin D.Roosevelt (DEMOCRAT) who interred 100k+ Japanese American CITIZENS in prison camps during WWII. He was a warm and fuzzy guy. Wonder what he'd think of Muslims today?

The one who claimed Trump "colluded" with the Russians, gets closer to prison everyday for colluding and selling uranium to the Russians.

Karma's a bitch.

Are you serious?....he means Teddy Roosevelt who was a Republican and supported a National health care system.

Don't always click the first name you google...

Karma's a bitch.

You do know teddy was long a Republican President before his distant relative was elected as a Democrat.
Try and keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT