ADVERTISEMENT

Postel's Charges vs Jurich's Response (political content ITT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans aren't fed up, power hungry-party over America, republicans are fed up.
They now have total control, and can't pass significant legislation.
That statement is hilarious to me. I seriously am laughing out loud at that. There are 'Republicans' who aren't conservative and I think it is a fair statement to say when people think of the word Republican, they think Conservative. That's not the case with the current 52 'Republican' Senators. It's more like 46 who actually lean Conservative while the Democrats will stick together regardless of how they truly feel regarding ANY issue. Remember Pelosi screaming "We can read the bill later, we need to pass it first!" and they did. Now we have the Affordable Health Care Act AKA Obama care which is anything but affordable. My sister has Obama care and can't afford to use it. It's a disaster. Her copay if admitted to the hospital is $10,000. LOL. Affordable my ass. That's what this country gets for having 1 party in power. The House isn't much different. Even though the House holds a majority of 'Republican' seats, they do not hold a Conservative majority.

Bottom line is we're screwed.

Are you serious?....he means Teddy Roosevelt who was a Republican and supported a National health care system.

Don't always click the first name you google...

Notice how they ignore everything else.
Republicans are the biggest hypocrites in America.

Bevin had tax problems yet was elected.
Cards fans who voted for this clown ought to be ashamed.

Are you serious?....he means Teddy Roosevelt who was a Republican and supported a National health care system.

Don't always click the first name you google...

It wasn't google. It was recall. And it gets worse everyday.

I had totally forgotten Teddy was in it.

It's just that every time I see the name Roosevelt, the Champion of the left, I immediately think of the all-loving, compassionate, no walls kind of guy, and incarceration camps for American citizens.

It wasn't google. It was recall. And it gets worse everyday.

I had totally forgotten Teddy was in it.

It's just that every time I see the name Roosevelt, the Champion of the left, I immediately think of the all-loving, compassionate, no walls kind of guy, and incarceration camps for American citizens.
Don't sweat it man. It happens to all of us eventually. Bottom line is we are all in this together, like it or not. We can only move forward and make things better if we can learn from past mistakes. It really is that simple. It's just harder to actually do.

That statement is hilarious to me. I seriously am laughing out loud at that. There are 'Republicans' who aren't conservative and I think it is a fair statement to say when people think of the word Republican, they think Conservative. That's not the case with the current 52 'Republican' Senators. It's more like 46 who actually lean Conservative while the Democrats will stick together regardless of how they truly feel regarding ANY issue. Remember Pelosi screaming "We can read the bill later, we need to pass it first!" and they did. Now we have the Affordable Health Care Act AKA Obama care which is anything but affordable. My sister has Obama care and can't afford to use it. It's a disaster. That's what this country gets for having 1 real party in power. The House isn't much different. Even though the House holds a majority of 'Republican' seats, they do not hold a Conservative majority.

You mean overpaid politicians who work half the year and keep voting themselves pay raises.

Conservatives are hypocrites, whose goal is run this country with an iron fist.
Republicans can work with and for people who didn't vote for them.
Conservatives cant.

Sorry about your sister but without Obamacare, American taxpayers will pay for unpaid healthcare.
Conservatives always preach personal responsibility and pull yourself up by the boostraps.

This country is 1/4 conservative, 3/4 liberal, and moderate.
We're not going to be run 100% by Conservatives and their hypocrisy and faulty ideas.

Reactions: CardAlum07
Don't sweat it man. It happens to all of us eventually. Bottom line is we are all in this together, like it or not. We can only move forward and make things better if we can learn from past mistakes. It really is that simple. It's just harder to actually do.

This is the first thing we can agree in the posts going back and forth and why we need to get out of the polarized nature of things. Those 6 or so swing republicans (and seemingly growing) in the senate who actually want to work in a bipartisian nature to find real solutions are the best thing we could want. Our last truly successful (from an agenda/functionality standpoint) administration was under Clinton with the Republican controlled congress. They didn't always agree (obviously) but that's the same group in the middle of all the hoopla, that passed balanced budgets and greatly improved the economy across the board for several years in a row. Why? Because they could sit down and have a conversation (Newt has even been quoted on that if you go check youtube on actual statements he made). Everyone gave up a little and took a little. Single party control has very significant issues.

Reactions: Cue Card
Just wanted to provide both Postel's Termination letter, as well as Jurich's response to the charges, both released today. It seems the media is only reporting on the termination letter. Not making any statements for or against myself, just wanted both sides of the story included in any discussion.

Postel and Grissom are going to look so stupid when this over. Suck up your old as hell egos and pay the man the money owed to him per his contract. Jurich getting paid is going to be the end result anyway.

Reactions: BPGhost
The sun is still rising and setting. Louisville sports will recovery and continue to prosper. At the end of the day so will our reputation, accreditation and public image. We will soon have strong institutional control and oversight. And yes, Chicken Little, the sky is not falling. But the dead limbs have been pruned.

You mean overpaid politicians who work half the year and keep voting themselves pay raises.

Conservatives cant.

Sorry about your sister but without Obamacare, American taxpayers will pay for unpaid healthcare.
Conservatives always preach personal responsibility and pull yourself up by the boostraps.

We're not going to be run 100% by Conservatives and their hypocrisy and faulty ideas.
Kerry they're all hypocrites. Why can't you see both sides of this? You can't ever seem to admit the same thing has and will happen again on the Democratic side of whatever issue you wish to talk about. I'm not anti-Democrat. Like I said earlier, I am a registered Conservative. I believe in less Government and regulation in our daily lives which should provide us more freedom as people. There is no iron fist in my opinion of what conservatism is. There is LESS involvement in MY life from the Government. That's how I think of it, even if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
The sun is still rising and setting. Louisville sports will recovery and continue to prosper. At the end of the day so will our reputation, accreditation and public image. We will soon have strong institutional control and oversight. And yes, Chicken Little, the sky is not falling. But the dead limbs have been pruned.

We already had strong institutional control and oversight...it's why the unversity was not charged with having a problem by the NCAA in the first place. Have you read the commentary made by the NCAA in regards to TJ and his approach to compliance, the transparency was unreal (likely to his detriment considering the UNC ruling). The university will likely lose millions to RP and TJ for breach (TJ is going to hammer them...RP I can see maybe winning...but only maybe).

There is no "upside here"....at best we're going to just hold the line.

Everyone gave up a little and took a little. Single party control has very significant issues.
I could not possibly agree more. People must be willing to give a little in order to take a little and it has to work in both directions. It's called compromising, and when people refuse to compromise or don't have to such as when President Obama had all 3 branches of Government under his control, we get in trouble as a people. On the surface Trump has the same thing, but in reality, he doesn't because of the RINO's.

Good point.

This is my real concern, we are losing the ability to have civil discourse. We are losing the ability to utilize reason. Demographics are changing and in the next 40 years we will reach a level of diversity this country has never seen before which is encouraging to many (the ideal of what this Country was all about when we started) but frightening to others. I mean look at this...athletics derails into this. It has permeated all areas...
It doesn't concern me because I'll be dead. It should concern every single person who is in their 20's and even 30's though. We have to come BACK together as one in order to move forward or we're doomed. I personally feel the pendulum has swung too far to the left for there ever to be any type of real progress back to our values as free people. We have less and less religious leaders to look towards for guidance. We have less and less people willing to go out of their way to actually help people.

What bugs me the most today about what's going on in our country?

Abortion - I personally feel it's murdering an innocent child. I know that's a sensitive topic for many people, but it bugs me that it is legal to take a human life.

I miss the Police officer who used to walk the street in the same area where he/she lived. People knew them - trusted them. That is dead. That's never coming back. People don't trust the police any longer.

The church who helped teach wholesome family values. Morality - Ethics. That's dead mainly because the church did it to themselves due to scandal after scandal. We are morally corrupt as a society now.

I don't have the answers. Not even sure why I'm typing this other than to vent frustrations. It keeps me sane I guess. LOL.

I want to thank all for the civil discourse displayed here in this thread. It gives me hope we can all learn from each other. It might be delusional on my part, but hope is pretty much all we have left.

Reactions: wilkie01
People like me? LOL. Wow.

Look, you made a false statement to date. I think that's pretty clear. Will Trump surpass Obama regarding travel/expense? Without a doubt. He's a billionaire who has a ton more places for the Secret Service to secure. What this guy WON'T do though is throw billions, even trillions to the rest of the world trying to make them love us. When Obama took over from Bush, he called him irresponsible and downright UN-American for spending so much money by increasing the National debt, then turned around and crushed the total debt by going from 9 Trillion to 19 trillion.

Oh and if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Every family will get on average $2500 extra dollars too.

You got your check yet? I have not. I'm still waiting.
Cue - you do understand that congress controls spending - right? As memory serves the republicans controlled the house for 6 of 8 years and the senate for 2 1/2 years of Obama’s presidency.

I guess that was the swamp?

I agree. People who work and pay taxes got tired of the BS lies that were spoon fed to them for the past 16 years. Trump isn't any better in that regard, but he isn't an establishment insider. THAT was his appeal. The political elite got stale. The established politicians who know what's best for all of us (if you would only listen to them) is what 'people like me' are tired of.
Trump got elected for the following reasons.

1. Hillary was a terrible candidate.

The end.

This word "fair"....I don't think it means what you think it means if I may use a theatrical paraphrase.

The electoral college is crap...but it's our crap and it's what we live with. It is in no way fair. It purposefully ensures that the outcome can vary wildly from what truly is the "Will of the People." One vote for a candidate may or may not be of actual benefit depending on where you live (that in and of itself has problems from a Republic standpoint but that's another topic for another day). It has and will continue to help both parties in various ways.
The fact that there are two senators for every state is just as outdated as the electoral college. There shouldn’t even be two Dakotas FFS - much less four senators that represent the 10 people that live there. I mean really...

The one who claimed Trump "colluded" with the Russians, gets closer to prison everyday for colluding and selling uranium to the Russians.

Start snooping around and you never know where it will lead.

Karma's a bitch.
Her’s Was one of what - 10 votes on the uranium deal? Yeah - she was definitely in charge of that in the same way she was in charge in Benghazi. Tell me again why the right is still talking about Clinton?

Another swing and a miss.

That statement is hilarious to me. I seriously am laughing out loud at that. There are 'Republicans' who aren't conservative and I think it is a fair statement to say when people think of the word Republican, they think Conservative. That's not the case with the current 52 'Republican' Senators. It's more like 46 who actually lean Conservative while the Democrats will stick together regardless of how they truly feel regarding ANY issue. Remember Pelosi screaming "We can read the bill later, we need to pass it first!" and they did. Now we have the Affordable Health Care Act AKA Obama care which is anything but affordable. My sister has Obama care and can't afford to use it. It's a disaster. Her copay if admitted to the hospital is $10,000. LOL. Affordable my ass. That's what this country gets for having 1 party in power. The House isn't much different. Even though the House holds a majority of 'Republican' seats, they do not hold a Conservative majority.

What the republicans are finding out is that it’s a million percent easier to be in the minority - they had no trouble sticking together to say “no” to whatever Obama proposed - even those things that a short while ago were “republican” ideas.

Only help is term limits for them all.

Provided the ACC doesn’t kick us out or, bevin’s continued stupidity doesn’t affect the accreditation.

If Tom Jurich is a “dead limb” how in the F would you sum up your accomplishments?

I could not possibly agree more. People must be willing to give a little in order to take a little and it has to work in both directions. It's called compromising, and when people refuse to compromise or don't have to such as when President Obama had all 3 branches of Government under his control, we get in trouble as a people. On the surface Trump has the same thing, but in reality, he doesn't because of the RINO's.

Good point.
Cue - the only RINO is trump. He is a complete charlatan and devoid of any moral compass. I’m not naive enough to believe that Clinton isn’t seriously ethically challenged but trump? He’s in another stratosphere.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
What the republicans are finding out is that it’s a million percent easier to be in the minority - they had no trouble sticking together to say “no” to whatever Obama proposed - even those things that a short while ago were “republican” ideas.

Only help is term limits for them all.

I would freaking LOVE term limits. Never going to happen though because that means Congress would have to vote themselves out of a job after whatever amount of term limits was agreed on. Never going to happen.

Cue - the only RINO is trump. He is a complete charlatan and devoid of any moral compass. I’m not naive enough to believe that Clinton isn’t seriously ethically challenged but trump? He’s in another stratosphere.
Trump is a Republican in Name Only, but the biggest issue with the other rino's is he leans farther to the right, and the rino's I speak of lean to the liberal left. That's why they clash. Also, Clinton is a criminal. If any of us did what she did with classified documents, we would have went to prison. Not saying Trump is a boy scout, but Hillary is worse IMO. Like you said, she was a terrible candidate. She is less trustworthy than Trump. That is scary.

Last edited:
The fact that there are two senators for every state is just as outdated as the electoral college. There shouldn’t even be two Dakotas FFS - much less four senators that represent the 10 people that live there. I mean really...
OK, so you think it's more fair and balanced for the more populated areas of the country to set policies for the entire country. If that ever happens, then the politicians will never set foot in the heartland ever again. They will focus all their attention on the big cities which are most all run by Democrats.

I understand why you feel that way! LOL.

Disparaging Mexicans and Muslims to a narrow minded portion of the electorate didn’t hurt either.

The easiest thing to do for demagogues is convince people how bad they have it because it’s human nature to never be happy or content no matter how good their life is. Like shooting fish in a barrel. In this day and age everyone just looks at their news feed headlines on their smartphones or computers and become terrified. Older people sit in front of the TV and absorb the 24 hour (bad) news cycle on a channel which reaffirms their already held positions.

First chore is define your enemy (in this case Jurich), then pounce on one misstep and embellish it with fury and important sounding words while taking the moral high ground and without giving any true details or looking at the entire picture, or in TJ’s case, his entire body of work which is rich in accomplishment and short on mistakes. Then promise to clean house to rid you of your enemy, knowing full well that most people or fans will eventually fall in line and put all the 20 years of astounding growth aside.

We are all guilty, especially myself of not appreciating what you have from time to time. I just don’t want any power hungry elected/appointed officials telling me they know what’s best.
Tom Jurich >>>Barack Obama

Cue - you do understand that congress controls spending - right? As memory serves the republicans controlled the house for 6 of 8 years and the senate for 2 1/2 years of Obama’s presidency.

I guess that was the swamp?
Congress is supposed to control spending, but look at the Executive Orders that were signed to bypass Congress during Obama's time as President. He did it a lot and was never challenged. Just another example of the corruption and yes, the swamp.

Conservatives cant.

Conservatives seek to conserve. It’s just that there is nothing left to conserve anymore. The country has fallen that far.

I would freaking LOVE term limits. Never going to happen though because that means Congress would have to vote themselves out of a job after whatever amount of term limits was agreed on. Never going to happen.

Trump is a Republican in Name Only, but the biggest issue with the other rino's is he leans farther to the right, and the rino's I speak of lean to the liberal left. That's why they clash. Also, Clinton is a criminal. If any of us did what she did with classified documents, we would have went to prison. Not saying Trump is a boy scout, but Hillary is worse IMO. Like you said, she was a terrible candidate. She is less trustworthy than Trump. That is scary.
So Flake, Corker & McCain lean liberal left? They vote more than 90% with trump - if that makes them liberal, then the republicans are styling their party “loyalty” right out of DPNK.
You might suspect that Clinton is a criminal however trump is an admitted one and there are dozens of people that he has knowingly cheated and discriminated against over the last 5 decades. He’s a complete POS and should be in jail - maybe next to Clinton’s cell but, in jail nonetheless. No one in the history of politics in America has been less trustworthy than trump.

He was just smart enough to tell different lies than previous candidates.

Reactions: Niterider55
He was just smart enough to tell different lies than previous candidates.
I thought he was supposed to be stupid? Now I'm really confused. LOL.

One other thing. I think it's cute how you won't capitalize Trump's name but will Clinton's. Transparent much? LOL.

So Flake, Corker & McCain lean liberal left? They vote more than 90% with trump

They hate Trump. All 3 of them, and all 3 are going away. 2 aren't running again and 1 is dying of cancer. He's the only 1 I actually respect too. He is a true American Hero. I salute Senator John McCain.

OK, so you think it's more fair and balanced for the more populated areas of the country to set policies for the entire country. If that ever happens, then the politicians will never set foot in the heartland ever again. They will focus all their attention on the big cities which are most all run by Democrats.

I understand why you feel that way! LOL.
I’ll keep it on your side of the aisle. I think Texas should have greater representation than North Dakota. Politicians don’t set foot in the “heartland” now - except maybe every four years.

Congress is supposed to control spending, but look at the Executive Orders that were signed to bypass Congress during Obama's time as President. He did it a lot and was never challenged. Just another example of the corruption and yes, the swamp.
How much did Obama’s EO’s add to the National debt?

I’ll keep it on your side of the aisle. I think Texas should have greater representation than North Dakota. Politicians don’t set foot in the “heartland” now - except maybe every four years.
OK, that means Houston (liberal), Dallas/Fort Worth (liberal), San Antonio (liberal), and Austin (super liberal) would get all the attention from the politicians while El Paso, Lubbock, and other areas get snubbed.

No thanks.

How much did Obama’s EO’s add to the National debt?
I honestly don't know. I do know he made several that went against our constitution to include DACA. I do know he gave billions of dollars to Iran. Yes, I've heard it was 'their money' but nobody seems to care they support and fund terrorism. Maybe we should have just kept that money instead of helping them continue to fund the bad guys.

I thought he was supposed to be stupid? Now I'm really confused. LOL.

One other thing. I think it's cute how you won't capitalize Trump's name but will Clinton's. Transparent much? LOL.
I haven’t ever said he is stupid. He’s lazy, narcissistic, self aggrandizing, misogynistic, predatory, morally bankrupt, thin skinned and a vulgar bully. But stupid? Nah.

Btw - I don’t intentionally capitalize or not capitalize any name - it’s simply how my iPhone recognizes it. Sorry if that bugs you.

I honestly don't know. I do know he made several that went against our constitution to include DACA. I do know he gave billions of dollars to Iran. Yes, I've heard it was 'their money' but nobody seems to care they support and fund terrorism. Maybe we should have just kept that money instead of helping them continue to fund the bad guys.
Well then you should probably retract your assignment of blame to obama for the increase in the national debt. (I intentionally spelled Obama’s name lowercase to make you feel better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT