ADVERTISEMENT

Petrino Buyout Amount is??

You would be wrong. Long time registered Republican who doesn’t vote party lines in all cases. Did change to independent before the last election thinking it meant something that it didn’t. Changed back to Republican. I voted for both Bushs and did not vote for Bill Clinton.
I voted for both Bush's and President Clinton - twice.

Reactions: wilkie01
This post is continuing to derail into a political post....and I'm going to help it along I guess.

Politics in general are destroying the country. Its about "sides" and its about winning not about whats best for the country. Nobody works together and both sides are to blame. Full disclosure - registered Republican who couldn't vote for and in no way shape of form approves of Trump. But I do think the climate that Trump's presidency has spawned is killing America and both sides are to blame. Each side continues to get more crazy and push their agenda instead of worrying about fixing the country. We're focused on unimportant social issues like abortion and gay marriage when our country's infrastructure is crumbling and gun violence and mental health are destroying lives every day.

Reactions: td75 and wilkie01
We're focused on unimportant social issues like abortion and gay marriage....
And you think Trump started that narrative? I don't. I think the former President started that narrative which created the opening for Trump to win.

JMO

And you think Trump started that narrative? I don't. I think the former President started that narrative which created the opening for Trump to win.

JMO

I didn't say that I think Trump is the sole reason for the narrative. I said both sides are to blame. Trumps side saw the more liberal, all inclusive agenda that the Obama administration pushed and that Hillary was pushing and that Bernie was taking steps even further and Trump's narrative rebelled against it and that spawned the worst of the worst that we see from both sides now. The rise of white supremacy, blatant racism, and nonchalant attitude to racism, sexism and general bigotry.

I think both sides are full of hypocritical idiots that just want to win and see their side "proven right" regardless of the outcome for the country. The right wants to outright ban abortions in public but use the service when its their mistress and the left wants to provide lazy people with free money but also not raise taxes.

I didn't say that I think Trump is the sole reason for the narrative. I said both sides are to blame. Trumps side saw the more liberal, all inclusive agenda that the Obama administration pushed and that Hillary was pushing and that Bernie was taking steps even further and Trump's narrative rebelled against it and that spawned the worst of the worst that we see from both sides now. The rise of white supremacy, blatant racism, and nonchalant attitude to racism, sexism and general bigotry.

I think both sides are full of hypocritical idiots that just want to win and see their side "proven right" regardless of the outcome for the country. The right wants to outright ban abortions in public but use the service when its their mistress and the left wants to provide lazy people with free money but also not raise taxes.
I agree.

Reactions: EKYCard643
Thank God for Jeff Flake. He has shown some good old fashion common sense and all I can say is it's about time. Maybe now this can move forward without the circus environment. This should make everyone happy since the FBI can do their investigation limited to the allegation, and wrap it up in 1 week. That is a really good compromise. If they find something worth eliminating Judge Kavanaugh for consideration, then so be it.

JMO

Did trump or Obama start the gay marriage or abortion arguments?

Since there have been crickets since I posted what I posted, I'll write it again and then I leave this alone forever.

What Dr. Ford described today would have been considered a felony? Yes? Attempted Rape is what she was describing IMO. Fairly sure attempted rape is a felony. So why hasn't Dr. Ford filed a complaint with the proper authorities in Maryland? ALL this stops if she does that. The so called party was in Maryland. Yes or no?
No when you factor in prosecutorial discretion I don’t think what Dr. Ford described would be considered a felony - not then and certainly wouldn’t be considered one now.

No when you factor in prosecutorial discretion I don’t think what Dr. Ford described would be considered a felony - not then and certainly wouldn’t be considered one now.
LOL. Ok. I think we all understand what went down and it's Ok. It was a brilliant strategy that almost worked.

LOL. Ok. I think we all understand what went down and it's Ok. It was a brilliant strategy that almost worked.
Dude - you’ve lost me. You asked me a question and I gave you an honest answer. You can certainly disagree with it if you’d like but your comment about all of our “understand(ing)”is just silly.

I don’t think that Dr. Ford had any “strategy” other than to come forward - at great personal risk and with nothing to gain personally - to give her account of the interaction with Kavanaugh. Reasonable people could certainly question the decision by Feinstein to not produce the documents she had previously but that is simply a smokescreen put out to obfuscate the real matter regarding whether or not her allegation is credible.

I think in an earlier post you gave credit to Flake - on that we certainly agree. I look forward to seeing what the FBI comes forward with in their investigation.

Reactions: SoulSr
What on earth does Petrino putting a terrible team on the field have to do with the AD? I would argue that the band-aid of not having Lamar is causing a number of issues that have been covered up by his greatness over the last 3 years. If you've paid attention you'll know that our OLine has been terrible for years, our WRs have always dropped passes, we always commit a bunch of TOs, we always commit a bunch of penalties, and our defense has never been able to get a stop when it mattered.

Now you can overcome some of those things when you have a generational talent at QB....but sometimes you can't even then. See Houston, UK, UGA, MSU, Clemson, BC, NC State, Wake, LSU, etc. Petrino isn't sucking now because his AD is gone....these problems have been here the whole time. Jurich is the AD that gave him an unneeded and unnecessary contract extension...so he deserves to at least be considered here.
I responded to a question about Petrino's defensive coordinator(s), and I stand behind that analysis. Your remarks above are out of context.

But the larger issue now with the AD is you no longer have the guy who hired and had the relationship with Petrino. And that's a problem for you because of Petrino's buyout.

Like so many of the new regime's problems in his wake, those aren't Jurich's fault. For 20 years, he managed most problems seamlessly and effectively. They're only now significant because he's no longer here.

Which I guess means it sucks to be you...

I responded to a question about Petrino's defensive coordinator(s), and I stand behind that analysis. Your remarks above are out of context.

But the larger issue now with the AD is you no longer have the guy who hired and had the relationship with Petrino. And that's a problem for you because of Petrino's buyout.

Like so many of the new regime's problems in his wake, those aren't Jurich's fault. For 20 years, he managed most problems seamlessly and effectively. They're only now significant because he's no longer here.

Which I guess means it sucks to be you...

If he drew up a contract and hired a person that only he could manage, then it might not have been the right hire nor a great contract.

Reactions: EKYCard643
Dude - you’ve lost me. You asked me a question and I gave you an honest answer. You can certainly disagree with it if you’d like but your comment about all of our “understand(ing)”is just silly.

I don’t think that Dr. Ford had any “strategy” other than to come forward - at great personal risk and with nothing to gain personally - to give her account of the interaction with Kavanaugh. Reasonable people could certainly question the decision by Feinstein to not produce the documents she had previously but that is simply a smokescreen put out to obfuscate the real matter regarding whether or not her allegation is credible.

I think in an earlier post you gave credit to Flake - on that we certainly agree. I look forward to seeing what the FBI comes forward with in their investigation.
I lost you? Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger and Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy are practically BEGGING Dr Ford or anyone else to come forward and file a complaint. If what you said was accurate, then why would they do that? There is no statute of limitations on sexual assault complaints in Montgomery County.

I was mistaken about one thing. This isn't over. Far from it since the left now has more time to bring up new allegations. Wait and watch. Montgomery County will become a major player soon. It only takes ONE criminal complaint and this process stops in its tracks. I don't gamble much but I would bet a nickle someone files a complaint in Montgomery County this upcoming week.

I don’t think that Dr. Ford had any “strategy” other than to come forward - at great personal risk and with nothing to gain personally - to give her account of the interaction with Kavanaugh.
I agree, sort of. Something happened to Dr. Ford. I do not disagree. I do not believe it was Kavanaugh who interacted with her. I believe him instead of her for only ONE reason. Her corroborating witnesses could not actually corroborate her version of the incident. ALL of them denied either seeing the incident, or refuted they were even there. How is that possible unless Dr. Ford is simply mistaken as to who was there and when this happened? Again, she was credible with her testimony and courageous. I think she was traumatized so deeply that she honestly believes it was Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge.

Another thing that doesn't add up. Dr. Ford was 15 years old according to her own account. How did she get to the party where older teenagers were drinking, and how did she get home? She doesn't recall. As a matter of fact, she doesn't recall a lot of pretty important details. I am skeptical about who sexually assaulted her especially when you look at Judge Kavanaugh's public service record and the now hundreds of women who have either signed letters of support or who have come forward saying this allegation doesn't fit the Brett Kavanaugh persona they know.

Senator Flake did the right thing just because there is a sliver of doubt about Brett Kavanaugh's character, and lets face it. He is up for a lifetime appointment that holds a lot of power. As Americans we have to get this right. I get that, but I also understand this is a new political playbook too, and our country has changed forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
Petrino Buyout Amount is??

Irrelevant, because he's going to be here until he decides to retire as UofL's all-time winningest coach, after winning multiple ACC championships and a national championship.

I agree with you that he wants to stay here till he retires, but (IF) he goes 2-10, he may not have that option.

I don't excuse every one of Jurich's decisions or decisions under him. But we ALL know--or should have--that Petino's Achilles Heel was defense and DCs. Besides Grantham, he's never hired one with staying power. Yet, we hired Petrino anyway understanding that often we'd have to outscore the other team. Now, we're having big problems with the offense. Under Jurich, that never happened nor did he have to manage it.

I simply find it amazingly coincidental that serious issues are occurring now that Jurich is gone and that's he's being blamed for. Money, football, selling tickets, etc. And like I said, you better hope it ends there. You can throw a guy under the bus who's no longer here to defend himself or fix problems, but you have an AD greenhorn who MUST fix them...
There was always concern about Bobby’s recruiting and how many kids fell by the wayside or just didn’t show up. This happened under Tom during both of Bobby’s tenures. That’s Bobby’s fault, not Tom’s. However, Tom did rehire him with eyes wide open.

You couldn’t have voted for both Bush and Clinton in 1992 - they ran against each other.
Not what I said. I said I voted for Bush 1, Bush 2, and for Clinton twice. I did not vote for Bush 1 a second time. I wasn't happy with the job he did during his first (and last) 4 years.

I lost you? Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger and Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy are practically BEGGING Dr Ford or anyone else to come forward and file a complaint. If what you said was accurate, then why would they do that? There is no statute of limitations on sexual assault complaints in Montgomery County.

I was mistaken about one thing. This isn't over. Far from it since the left now has more time to bring up new allegations. Wait and watch. Montgomery County will become a major player soon. It only takes ONE criminal complaint and this process stops in its tracks. I don't gamble much but I would bet a nickle someone files a complaint in Montgomery County this upcoming week.
If you want a different answer - ask a different person. That’s why I used the word “discretion” - different DAs could view the case differently and choose not to prosecute. With the seemingly lack of corroborative evidence, it would be a difficult case to prove in a court of law - and most prosecutors don’t bring charges unless they think they could get a plea or, a conviction. That of course is not reflective in the slightest of whether or not Dr. Ford is telling the truth.

As I understand it, only the current “credibile” accusations (3) are going to be part of the FBI’s purview - and I don’t believe those state officials are going to do jack. Also - you are dead wrong about one thing - the Democratic Party has not alleged anything - multiple women have - suggesting otherwise is false and simply more smoke to shield Kavanuagh.

If you want a different answer - ask a different person. That’s why I used the word “discretion” - different DAs could view the case differently and choose not to prosecute. With the seemingly lack of corroborative evidence, it would be a difficult case to prove in a court of law - and most prosecutors don’t bring charges unless they think they could get a plea or, a conviction. That of course is not reflective in the slightest of whether or not Dr. Ford is telling the truth.

As I understand it, only the current “credibile” accusations (3) are going to be part of the FBI’s purview - and I don’t believe those state officials are going to do jack. Also - you are dead wrong about one thing - the Democratic Party has not alleged anything - multiple women have - suggesting otherwise is false and simply more smoke to shield Kavanuagh.
I appreciate the civil debate. Just wanted to say that up front, and I also want to give thanks to the Mods and to the other posters who have tolerated us speaking about politics in a thread which has nothing to do with politics. It's been enjoyable and I've had my eyes opened on some things while standing my ground on others.

The one serious sticking point which really bothers me more than it probably should is Diane Feinstein sitting on that letter from Dr. Ford instead of sharing it confidentially with the committee. The Committee could have honored Dr. Ford's request for privacy and the FBI could have reopened the investigation without it being compromised as being public knowledge.

I like having the FBI reopen the investigation. I give Senator Flake kudos for asking for it, and I give kudos to the President for complying. We need to know if there is ANY corroborating evidence regarding these allegations. We'll see how this shakes out.

Reactions: BPGhost
If he drew up a contract and hired a person that only he could manage, then it might not have been the right hire nor a great contract.
Maybe from a classical management POV. But Jurich managed things this way for twenty years with outstanding results. Hard to argue now that we were doing it wrong.

And as the clowns are finding out, doing it in a way that they can manage...

There was always concern about Bobby’s recruiting and how many kids fell by the wayside or just didn’t show up. This happened under Tom during both of Bobby’s tenures. That’s Bobby’s fault, not Tom’s. However, Tom did rehire him with eyes wide open.
We all had our eyes open or should have. With the exception of the offense, none of this stuff should be a surprise...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT