ADVERTISEMENT

Petrino Buyout Amount is??

Just a little sarcastic humor that apparently hit a little too close to home for you. Sorry, but I didn't create the current mood in the country. For the record, we ALL should strive for every United States citizen to be protected by our consitution instead of allowing uncorroborated accusations to demonize and destroy someone's reputation. Our consititution plainly states people have the right to be presumed innocent UNTIL PROVEN guilty. Too bad our current core of poltical leaders continue to ignore that fact for their own political gain. It's dangerous.
Not going to derail the thread so this will be my only post in this vein.

What exactly is the "mood of the country" as you see it? I completely agree with you regarding the need for all citizens to have their constitutional rights protected - so you'll have to tell me who exactly you are referring to / feel has had their constitutional rights abridged? I assume that your comment was in some part made as a response to the current situation with Kavanaugh's nomination to SCOTUS - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. Is it Kavanaugh's constitutional right to be on the SCOTUS? As far as I can tell, 99% of those individuals that are no longer in their positions of power due to their reputations "demonized and destroyed" have either left of their own accord or, been fired by the corporations that employed them. Again, pretty sure that the constitution doesn't bestow the right to be in Congress or on Fox News. No, the constitution guarantees every citizen the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW - NOT IN A CORPORATE BOARDROOM OR, THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION.

Too bad our current core of political leaders are more interested in achieving their specific party's political ambitions and are all too willing to roll over top of citizens to do so. The current situation with Kavanaugh underscores that completely. There are quite a few agendas - but the finding out the truth of the matter isn't one of them.

Too bad our current core of political leaders are more interested in achieving their specific party's political ambitions and are all too willing to roll over top of citizens to do so.
Oddly enough, we agree. That was my only point with the original post on the subject. when you have poltical leaders saying Kavanaugh needs to prove he's innocent, then you have failed as a political leader. When you have a political leader screaming MEN should shut up and stand up, you have failed as a political leader. The mere suggestion that ALL MEN need to just shut up and believe this woman because she says so is absurd. Everyone has a right to be presumed innocent even in the court of public opinion IMO.

I'm done with this too. Kavanaugh's confirmation has just been delayed. Not destroyed because he's not going to allow anyone to destroy his character because of uncorrabated accusations.

Actually I wasn’t bitching but I have never been in favor of long term contracts and believe me 7 years is long term in terms of coaching. I think it was Coach Pitino that said every coach should have a 1 year deal so you don’t get complacent and you’re continually held up to review. If new coaches are usually given 3 years to produce, why not the same for a coach in place? You can always extend with good performance. Sort of like regular people who can be fired or terminated without cause or if I want a raise I have to perform at a higher level.
I agree that there should be some mechanism other than committing an ncaa infraction or illegal act to be able to fire a coach that is underperforming. Coaches know that they have less time to turn programs around and are less likely to generate goodwill from fan bases regarding average play. To combat that - coaches and their agents have convinced all too willing ADs and administrators that long term contracts with huge buyouts are the price that they have to pay to get HCs that can make their programs consistent successes. Problem is - you can name on one hand the number of coaches who can legitimately back up that claim.

While there have been plenty of studies of the positive effect good sports programs have on enrollment, donations and perception of universities - as usual the pendulum has swung way too far in the wrong direction with respect to this topic. With fan bases increasingly staying home to watch games in HD, and cable revenues going down - universities are going to have to figure out how to accomplish hiring their "homerun" HCs with less and less money.

The charade has been exposed quite some time ago that the NCAA is representative of college academics and sports when we all know it is about making money, wins and losses and putting people in seats or TV rights. I would really like to read what the coaches duties (job description) are in comparison to what we know is implied (win games). Cut the crap and BS. Not winning? Find someone who can. Works for the Yankees and Red Sox...

Oddly enough, we agree. That was my only point with the original post on the subject. when you have poltical leaders saying Kavanaugh needs to prove he's innocent, then you have failed as a political leader. When you have a political leader screaming MEN should shut up and stand up, you have failed as a political leader. The mere suggestion that ALL MEN need to just shut up and believe this woman because she says so is absurd. Everyone has a right to be presumed innocent even in the court of public opinion IMO.

I'm done with this too. Kavanaugh's confirmation has just been delayed. Not destroyed because he's not going to allow anyone to destroy his character because of uncorrabated accusations.
Ok - so I sort of lied - I guess that wasn't my only response on the topic - mostly because I'm not smart enough to be able to figure out how to PM you. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated by the board I'm sure - lol.

Why isn't kavanaugh - and his supporters - open to slowing the process down long enough to for a thorough investigation by the FBI? It's a lifetime appointment after all. I can promise you that if I were being accused of something that I did not do, I would want and welcome an investigation into the matter to clear my good name. That they don't want it, is telling - indicating that their goal is only to place him on the court - and they have no interest in getting to the truth - regarding the now three women that accuse kavanaugh of sexual misconduct - wherever it leads. They're not interested in the "process" otherwise they wouldn't have failed to do their constitutional duty and would have given Obama's selection a hearing and vote.

No - they're interested in only one thing - gaining more political power at any cost. It's why they backed a child molester in Alabama for senate, and it's why they are backing kavanaugh now.

The charade has been exposed quite some time ago that the NCAA is representative of college academics and sports when we all know it is about making money, wins and losses and putting people in seats or TV rights. I would really like to read what the coaches duties (job description) are in comparison to what we know is implied (win games). Cut the crap and BS. Not winning? Find someone who can. Works for the Yankees and Red Sox...
Red Sox fan here - F the Yankees!

I agreed with your points but, pro sports has always been a players' league - not a coaches' one. If Cora and Boone had to actually recruit top MLB players to join them rather than the organization simply being the highest bidder - I bet their salaries would be a bunch higher.

At the risk of injecting facts into the debate, there's a coach about 4 hours north of here who's 1-3 and walking around with a $25 million buyout. Granted, he owns Boston College.

One thing that Jurich did was negotiate lucrative contracts with guys whom he could manage and who were beholden to him. Then, we put these guys in charge and assumed everything would be managed like Jurich did.

Sucks if you're in their shoes...

parade%20of%20fools%2002_zpst8nl9j0b.jpg

At the risk of injecting facts into the debate, there's a coach about 4 hours north of here who's 1-3 and walking around with a $25 million buyout. Granted, he owns Boston College.

One thing that Jurich did was negotiate lucrative contracts with guys whom he could manage and who were beholden to him. Then, we put these guys in charge and assumed everything would be managed like Jurich did.

Jurich also doled our contract extensions and pay raises at odd times. Who exactly were we bidding against for Petrino’s services at the end of 2015?

Jurich also doled our contract extensions and pay raises at odd times. Who exactly were we bidding against for Petrino’s services at the end of 2015?
Better ask TJ. Like I said, he could manage these guys, their contracts and their situations.

Maybe the clowns should have paused a moment, checked a few details before they gave him his walking papers. Most of any messes in Jurich's aftermath is on them...

Better ask TJ. Like I said, he could manage these guys, their contracts and their situations.

Maybe the clowns should have paused a moment, checked a few details before they gave him his walking papers. Most of any messes in Jurich's aftermath is on them...

Do you think Petrino would be more successful this year if Jurich were still AD?

Ok - so I sort of lied - I guess that wasn't my only response on the topic - mostly because I'm not smart enough to be able to figure out how to PM you. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated by the board I'm sure - lol.

Why isn't kavanaugh - and his supporters - open to slowing the process down long enough to for a thorough investigation by the FBI? It's a lifetime appointment after all. I can promise you that if I were being accused of something that I did not do, I would want and welcome an investigation into the matter to clear my good name. That they don't want it, is telling - indicating that their goal is only to place him on the court - and they have no interest in getting to the truth - regarding the now three women that accuse kavanaugh of sexual misconduct - wherever it leads. They're not interested in the "process" otherwise they wouldn't have failed to do their constitutional duty and would have given Obama's selection a hearing and vote.

No - they're interested in only one thing - gaining more political power at any cost. It's why they backed a child molester in Alabama for senate, and it's why they are backing kavanaugh now.
Well hopefully the others who post here tolerate us talking about this since I'm only responding to your post. There is one thing that can be done to basically stop this nomination process in its tracks. See, there is no such thing as a statute of limitations regarding sexual assault in Montgomery County, Maryland. You can look that up if you wish. I've been led to believe that is true.

So with that in mind instead of the Democrats (and their soundboard, the main stream media) yelling for another FBI background investigation (Judge Kavanaugh has had 5 or 6 FBI background investigations) to slow this process down, why not just go file a complaint against the man and let the law get involved which will STOP the confirmation process in its tracks? The attorneys for these 'victims' should know that if they're any type of attorneys at all. Why haven't they done this? I am very interested in hearing what you think about that.

Last edited:
Criminal Cases for Sexual Abuse
Criminal cases are filed by the State of Maryland on behalf of a victim. In order to file criminal charges, you must notify law enforcement of the sexual abuse. The authorities will investigate your claims and a prosecutor may file charges against your abuser. If a suspect is found guilty of criminal conduct, he or she may be sentenced to significant jail time and sex offender registration.

In Maryland, the criminal statute of limitations varies depending on the severity of the offense. The criminal statutes of limitations include:

• Felony sexual offenses: no statute of limitations, and
  • Misdemeanor offenses: one year from the event.
If you need help determining the correct statute of limitations in your case, contact law enforcement immediately.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-libr...statutes-of-limitations-for-sexual-abuse.html

Do you think Petrino would be more successful this year if Jurich were still AD?
Well he wouldn't be less. Not if what your AD knows about football matters.

The real question is what could Jurich in the job have done to address problems. And we have twenty years of recent history to serve as a guide...

Well he wouldn't be less. Not if what your AD knows about football matters.

The real question is what could Jurich in the job have done to address problems. And we have twenty years of recent history to serve as a guide...

So you think Jurich would’ve addressed in-season problems with the football team? What problems do you think he would’ve tackled?

So you think Jurich would’ve addressed in-season problems with the football team? What problems do you think he would’ve tackled?
I don't think Jurich would have tried his hand at coaching. I do think there would have been discussions already about COACHES. Where that would have led, who knows? But Jurich wanted and needed to win games more than anyone. He would do what it takes right down to removing Petrino if needed, and he had the cred to do that while the rest of us waited and watched.

The other thing now missing is the AD's cred with Petrino. Bobby was grateful to Jurich for his opportunity here, but IMO there was an understanding that Jurich wasn't just trying to help him. Petrino needs to win, and when that stops, he needs to go. The guy who would have ushered him to the door is gone already.

It's how Murphy's Law works... When you're least prepared for a screw-up, things screw up. You best hope the football team is the only near-term example of that...

I don't think Jurich would have tried his hand at coaching. I do think there would have been discussions already about COACHES. Where that would have led, who knows? But Jurich wanted and needed to win games more than anyone. He would do what it takes right down to removing Petrino if needed, and he had the cred to do that while the rest of us waited and watched.

The other thing now missing is the AD's cred with Petrino. Bobby was grateful to Jurich for his opportunity here, but IMO there was an understanding that Jurich wasn't just trying to help him. Petrino needs to win, and when that stops, he needs to go. The guy who would have ushered him to the door is gone already.

It's how Murphy's Law works... When you're least prepared for a screw-up, things screw up. You best hope the football team is the only near-term example of that...

A couple of other things to note as it pertains to Petrino and Jurich. While Tom was AD, Petrino managed to hire one of the most dismal and ill prepared defensive coordinators I’ve ever seen. Not only that but that DC got a strong bump in pay despite having no credentials. So that calls into question Jurich’s role in hiring and evaluating quality assistants. Secondly, the contract extension doled our to Petrino didn’t seem to indicate an AD that was ready to unload his coach as soon as some losing hit.

Sigh. Well, there you go again.

Since there have been crickets since I posted what I posted, I'll write it again and then I leave this alone forever.

In Maryland, the criminal statute of limitations varies depending on the severity of the offense. The criminal statutes of limitations include:

• Felony sexual offenses: no statute of limitations,

What Dr. Ford described today would have been considered a felony? Yes? Attempted Rape is what she was describing IMO. Fairly sure attempted rape is a felony. So why hasn't Dr. Ford filed a complaint with the proper authorities in Maryland? ALL this stops if she does that. The so called party was in Maryland. Yes or no?

Since there have been crickets since I posted what I posted, I'll write it again and then I leave this alone forever.

What Dr. Ford described today would have been considered a felony? Yes? Attempted Rape is what she was describing IMO. Fairly sure attempted rape is a felony. So why hasn't Dr. Ford filed a complaint with the proper authorities in Maryland? ALL this stops if she does that. The so called party was in Maryland. Yes or no?
Crazy busy day today - just saw your original post. I’ll reply tomorrow if that’s ok.

A couple of other things to note as it pertains to Petrino and Jurich. While Tom was AD, Petrino managed to hire one of the most dismal and ill prepared defensive coordinators I’ve ever seen. Not only that but that DC got a strong bump in pay despite having no credentials. So that calls into question Jurich’s role in hiring and evaluating quality assistants. Secondly, the contract extension doled our to Petrino didn’t seem to indicate an AD that was ready to unload his coach as soon as some losing hit.
I don't excuse every one of Jurich's decisions or decisions under him. But we ALL know--or should have--that Petino's Achilles Heel was defense and DCs. Besides Grantham, he's never hired one with staying power. Yet, we hired Petrino anyway understanding that often we'd have to outscore the other team. Now, we're having big problems with the offense. Under Jurich, that never happened nor did he have to manage it.

I simply find it amazingly coincidental that serious issues are occurring now that Jurich is gone and that's he's being blamed for. Money, football, selling tickets, etc. And like I said, you better hope it ends there. You can throw a guy under the bus who's no longer here to defend himself or fix problems, but you have an AD greenhorn who MUST fix them...

Crazy busy day today - just saw your original post. I’ll reply tomorrow if that’s ok.
You can reply, but I've made my point. There won't be any need for me to respond. The circus has left town. After today's vote, it's on to the Senate for a vote. The new playbook for Democrats worked well. It destroyed a man and a woman's life going forward. Hope the voters remember it.

You can reply, but I've made my point. There won't be any need for me to respond. The circus has left town. After today's vote, it's on to the Senate for a vote. The new playbook for Democrats worked well. It destroyed a man and a woman's life going forward. Hope the voters remember it.
No apparently a man, this man, ruined a woman’s life and since you’re not a woman, you can’t know what it’s like.

Reactions: EKYCard643
I don't excuse every one of Jurich's decisions or decisions under him. But we ALL know--or should have--that Petino's Achilles Heel was defense and DCs. Besides Grantham, he's never hired one with staying power. Yet, we hired Petrino anyway understanding that often we'd have to outscore the other team. Now, we're having big problems with the offense. Under Jurich, that never happened nor did he have to manage it.

I simply find it amazingly coincidental that serious issues are occurring now that Jurich is gone and that's he's being blamed for. Money, football, selling tickets, etc. And like I said, you better hope it ends there. You can throw a guy under the bus who's no longer here to defend himself or fix problems, but you have an AD greenhorn who MUST fix them...

What on earth does Petrino putting a terrible team on the field have to do with the AD? I would argue that the band-aid of not having Lamar is causing a number of issues that have been covered up by his greatness over the last 3 years. If you've paid attention you'll know that our OLine has been terrible for years, our WRs have always dropped passes, we always commit a bunch of TOs, we always commit a bunch of penalties, and our defense has never been able to get a stop when it mattered.

Now you can overcome some of those things when you have a generational talent at QB....but sometimes you can't even then. See Houston, UK, UGA, MSU, Clemson, BC, NC State, Wake, LSU, etc. Petrino isn't sucking now because his AD is gone....these problems have been here the whole time. Jurich is the AD that gave him an unneeded and unnecessary contract extension...so he deserves to at least be considered here.

Petrino Buyout Amount is??

Irrelevant, because he's going to be here until he decides to retire as UofL's all-time winningest coach, after winning multiple ACC championships and a national championship.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Re: this Kavanaugh stuff: Politics has a sports team mentality. It's pretty clear that if I know your politics, I know who you believe. If you're leftwing, you believe the accuser and K is a monster. If you're rightwing, you believe K and this is a deep state conspiracy. This isn't really that difficult to figure out.

Reactions: EKYCard643
Re: this Kavanaugh stuff: Politics has a sports team mentality. It's pretty clear that if I know your politics, I know who you believe. If you're leftwing, you believe the accuser and K is a monster. If you're rightwing, you believe K and this is a deep state conspiracy. This isn't really that difficult to figure out.
I believe both of them. I truly believe something happened to Dr. Ford. Her inability to have corroborating witnesses is an issue. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. It means she can't prove it happened.

Judge Kavanaugh did not have to offer any proof but took on the burden to offer the only proof he had which is more than most would have. Calendars for 1982? Seriously? Who does that?

So in the end, we have a she said - he said - and they said scenario. When you have only that as proof then you have to rely on witnesses to speak up. She has none. He has a lot. That sways my opinion.

The circus is over.

I believe both of them. I truly believe something happened to Dr. Ford. Her inability to have corroborating witnesses is an issue. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. It means she can't prove it happened.

Judge Kavanaugh did not have to offer any proof but took on the burden to offer the only proof he had which is more than most would have. Calendars for 1982? Seriously? Who does that?

So in the end, we have a she said - he said - and they said scenario. When you have only that as proof then you have to rely on witnesses to speak up. She has none. He has a lot. That sways my opinion.

The circus is over.
You mean the same as OJ right?

PS - and before anyone goes off saying I’m comparing OJ and Kavanaugh, that’s not what I’m doing. It’s the legal system on a lower scale. It’s why predators are allowed to keep doing what they’re doing because the burden of proof is usually on the victim and why people like Ford don’t come forward.

You mean the same as OJ right?

PS - and before anyone goes off saying I’m comparing OJ and Kavanaugh, that’s not what I’m doing. It’s the legal system on a lower scale. It’s why predators are allowed to keep doing what they’re doing because the burden of proof is usually on the victim and why people like Ford don’t come forward.
Of course the burden of proof is on the accuser. Why wouldn't it be? Read the consititution. Everyone accused of a crime is presumed to be innocent UNTIL proven guilty. You think it should be the other way around? Is that the road we're traveling down as a country? Wow. I'm glad I'm old. I don't want to live in a country where all it takes to convict you is someone saying you're guilty.

Of course the burden of proof is on the accuser. Why wouldn't it be? Read the consititution. Everyone accused of a crime is presumed to be innocent UNTIL proven guilty. You think it should be the other way around? Is that the road we're traveling down as a country? Wow. I'm glad I'm old. I don't want to live in a country where all it takes to convict you is someone saying you're guilty.

This wasn’t a court, it is basically a glorified job interview. I think both Kavanaugh and Ford came off as credible. I heard multiple GOP Congressmen say they thought she was credible. If that’s the case then why not investigate further? We are talking about a lifetime job appointment on the most important body in the world.

It is ridiculous that Sen Feinstein held onto this allegation and in doing she didn’t do right by Dr Ford. Of course the GOP letting Merrick Garland sit there for over 400 days as the nominee was a sham as well.

And she had no proof at all. And the crap about she was scared to fly. Heck, she has flow to places all over the world. And then her witnesses said it never happened. It was her burden to proof it happened and she couldn't.

Reactions: Cue Card
This wasn’t a court, it is basically a glorified job interview. I think both Kavanaugh and Ford came off as credible. I heard multiple GOP Congressmen say they thought she was credible. If that’s the case then why not investigate further? We are talking about a lifetime job appointment on the most important body in the world.

It is ridiculous that Sen Feinstein held onto this allegation and in doing she didn’t do right by Dr Ford. Of course the GOP letting Merrick Garland sit there for over 400 days as the nominee was a sham as well.
I agree. This was a circus and payback for what the republicans did to Merrick Garland. I know most on here feel like they know my political stance, but the reality is they don't. I'm about fairness and the consititution. Judge Garland was not treated fairly by Senator McConnell. Completly agree. I have voted for Democrats, Republicans, and Independants. I vote for who I feel best represents my feelings on issues. Period.

I also felt like Dr. Ford was credible as was Judge Kavanaugh. When both appear to be credible, where do you go? How do you reach a conclusion? There is only one way and that is thru corroborating evidence. That's all we have. For those who are screaming for the FBI to investigate, they have. 6 times and the FBI does NOT reach conclusions with their investigations. They provide information which the committee already had.

Last edited:
Reactions: wilkie01

That’s not what I’m saying. If both are credible, then I think it does warrant more investigation. If there is any doubt, find another qualified person. The issue is pretty obvious. It’s not about getting a great husband and father on the Supreme Court, it’s about Trump getting the guy he wants and it’s about democrats that don’t want that. In your world, Bill Cosby should have walked because he has several people that says he’s innocent.

No apparently a man, this man, ruined a woman’s life and since you’re not a woman, you can’t know what it’s like.

That’s not what I’m saying. If both are credible, then I think it does warrant more investigation. If there is any doubt, find another qualified person. The issue is pretty obvious. It’s not about getting a great husband and father on the Supreme Court, it’s about Trump getting the guy he wants and it’s about democrats that don’t want that. In your world, Bill Cosby should have walked because he has several people that says he’s innocent.
In MY world? LOL. My world is the United States of America where we have laws which should be followed. Not just sometimes, but at all times. Kavanaugh has an air tight record of being a judge, just like Judge Merick Garland has/had. That is what this committee was to focus on. These allegations could have been looked into when Feinstein got the letter from Dr. Ford. It could have been investigated in private to protect Dr. Ford and her family, but that isn't what happened because the Democrats decided to play politics with her life. That is pathetic and sad. They had no desire to protect Dr. Ford or to have this investigated from the start. They only used her as a pawn to push their political agenda which was to delay and derail this process. That is shameful.

You are spot on accurate regarding why we're seeing what we're seeing. It's politics and it's nasty and shameful. We can continue to look backwards and point fingers at each other or we can stop acting so vile towards each other and come together as a nation. None of this changes until the leaders we vote in change their approach. If they refuse to change their political tactics then vote them out.

There is a big difference between some partisan flunky of the Judiciary Committee asking potential witnesses questions versus the FBI asking the questions. If you lie to the FBI, it is breaking the law. Yes, the FBI has done background checks on Kavanaugh but my guess is that none of those interviewed were asked specific pointed questions about this situation. So why not specifically investigate this situation using the powers of the FBI? Why slam the vote in now? I’m troubled how Feinstein handled this but I’m also concerned about a vote being done prematurely. We can’t afford to get this position wrong.

I bet you are Democrat.
You would be wrong. Long time registered Republican who doesn’t vote party lines in all cases. Did change to independent before the last election thinking it meant something that it didn’t. Changed back to Republican. I voted for both Bushs and did not vote for Bill Clinton.

There is a big difference between some partisan flunky of the Judiciary Committee asking potential witnesses questions versus the FBI asking the questions. If you lie to the FBI, it is breaking the law. Yes, the FBI has done background checks on Kavanaugh but my guess is that none of those interviewed were asked specific pointed questions about this situation. So why not specifically investigate this situation using the powers of the FBI? Why slam the vote in now? I’m troubled how Feinstein handled this but I’m also concerned about a vote being done prematurely. We can’t afford to get this position wrong.
You know why just like I know why and it is sickening. I 100% agree with you. This entire issue was mishandled from the beginning. Feinstein deserves to be censured over this. Her decison to play politics with Dr. Ford's life and total disregard for her well being disgusts me. Then the continued circus once that delay tactic was played caused Judge Kavanaugh's and his family torturous vile threats from the nutjobs running loose in this country. She unleashed that on both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh and their respective families. Hopefully she gets voted out of office.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT