ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big 12 Expanding?

"Clueless" is not keeping track of your own arguments...

I can keep track of my own arguments. You are claiming that the only reason the Big 12 will expand is because of the playoffs. I proved you wrong, with the commissioner's own words.

Oklahoma goes nowhere without Oklahoma State, not buying the Sooners to the Big 10.

I can keep track of my own arguments. You are claiming that the only reason the Big 12 will expand is because of the playoffs. I proved you wrong, with the commissioner's own words.
You only prove ish in your own mind. Point exactly to the post where I said that.

What I did say is that the only reason anyone OUTSIDE THE BIG XII cares about what it does relates to the championship. No one cares what it does otherwise...

You only prove ish in your own mind. Point exactly to the post where I said that.

What I did say is that the only reason anyone OUTSIDE THE BIG XII cares about what it does relates to the championship. No one cares what it does otherwise...

Any financial disadvantage that the Big XII bears is not "external pressure". I'm talking about something like being able to compete for a national championship.

To deny the linkage between Big XII expansion and the CFP is simply to be in denial. Preserving the amount of money that each school makes--an internal consideration--may not be relevant...

The only thing the other conferences care about is the BIG XII's access to the CFP

The "analytics firm" wasn't hired to evaluate financial payouts. The expansion issue for the Big XII as well as conference membership for ND has been and continues to be the path to a national championship. Anything gets in the way of that and you will see change.

Then, why is the Big XII hiring a consultant to evaluate expansion relative to its access to a national championship?

Well, here is the problem. You have actually misinterpreted what I've been saying the whole time. Here is what I'm saying: It doesn't matter if anyone OUTSIDE THE BIG 12 cares about expansion. What I have been saying this whole time is, the Big 12 will expand if it is in their best interest. If it's not in their best interest, the Big 12 won't expand. Simple as that.

The disagreement I have had with you is about this CFP business. None of the other conferences are making any move to force the Big 12 to add more teams, start a title game, etc. to be eligible for the playoffs. None of that is happening, so it's a non-factor. If the SEC came out and said, "We are sponsoring legislation to require all conferences to have a title game in order to make the playoffs," then yeah, you are correct that the Big 12 would be forced to expand. However, THAT HASN'T HAPPEND, SO THEREFORE IT WON'T PLAY A ROLE IN BIG 12 EXPANSION.

The Big 12 currently does not have to have 12 teams, or a CCG, to make the playoffs. Therefore, the Big 12 isn't going to give up a bunch of money to do something they aren't required to do.

One thing that is obvious to me is that Texas has not learned a thing from the exodus of Nebraska, Texas A&M, Colorado, and Arkansas. IMO, Texas is the cause of those departures because they will not play nicely with their brethren. As a result they find themselves in a weaker league each time.

Texas is putting themselves into a no-man's land long term. They've alienated a lot of the regional powers. Do they really want to ship out to places like Florida State and Syracuse? They've already proven they don't want to ship out when they turned down the PAC several years ago.

My guess is they'll continue to bully their neighbors and put the onus on Oklahoma to stay or leave. Too proud to show humility and work together with their partners.

Reactions: American Male
Well, here is the problem. You have actually misinterpreted what I've been saying the whole time...
Maybe that's because you've been good at changing the narrative.

It was that financial considerations were external; then, they were internal. (For sure, it's one of those...)

It was that the Big XII isn't expanding because of its access to the CFP... Only to discover that it has hired consultants to study THAT VERY THING.

And you operate on the basis of PAST information. Perhaps understandable since that's how the Big XII operates. Nothing forward looking about those guys.

As everyone including me has opined, your conference is out of step and on wobbly legs. Not based on how big the checks paid out last year were. If the Big XII power brokers don't get on the same page soon, you don't have to worry about those checks...

History is repeating itself...the Big XII is doing many of the same mistakes as the BIG EAST did earlier this century...makes being in the ACC much more enjoyable...don't really have to worry about Conference Realignment...just winning games.

One thing that is obvious to me is that Texas has not learned a thing from the exodus of Nebraska, Texas A&M, Colorado, and Arkansas. IMO, Texas is the cause of those departures because they will not play nicely with their brethren. As a result they find themselves in a weaker league each time.

Texas is putting themselves into a no-man's land long term. They've alienated a lot of the regional powers. Do they really want to ship out to places like Florida State and Syracuse? They've already proven they don't want to ship out when they turned down the PAC several years ago.

My guess is they'll continue to bully their neighbors and put the onus on Oklahoma to stay or leave. Too proud to show humility and work together with their partners.

You forgot Missouri...

:cool:

Maybe that's because you've been good at changing the narrative.

It was that financial considerations were external; then, they were internal. (For sure, it's one of those...)

It was that the Big XII isn't expanding because of its access to the CFP... Only to discover that it has hired consultants to study THAT VERY THING.

And you operate on the basis of PAST information. Perhaps understandable since that's how the Big XII operates. Nothing forward looking about those guys.

As everyone including me has opined, your conference is out of step and on wobbly legs. Not based on how big the checks paid out last year were. If the Big XII power brokers don't get on the same page soon, you don't have to worry about those checks...

I don't know what you mean about "my conference." I'm not a fan of a Big 12 team. (Think hard.)

I'm not changing the narrative. You are insisting that other conferences are going to determine Big 12 expansion, and that's simply not the case. The Big 12 will (or will not) expand based on what benefits the league the most. Part of that consideration is money.

One more point. You keep harping on the Big 12 hiring a firm to research the CFP. I pointed out to you that the league also hired a consultant firm to analyze the financial impact of expansion, but you want to act like that some doesn't count. Of course it does. It's just as important as the Big 12 hiring a firm to research the CFP. You can't dismiss the financial consultant. That's just you trying to ignore something that contradicted your point, which is childish.

I don't know what you mean about "my conference." I'm not a fan of a Big 12 team. (Think hard.)

I'm not changing the narrative. You are insisting that other conferences are going to determine Big 12 expansion, and that's simply not the case. The Big 12 will (or will not) expand based on what benefits the league the most. Part of that consideration is money.

One more point. You keep harping on the Big 12 hiring a firm to research the CFP. I pointed out to you that the league also hired a consultant firm to analyze the financial impact of expansion, but you want to act like that some doesn't count. Of course it does. It's just as important as the Big 12 hiring a firm to research the CFP. You can't dismiss the financial consultant. That's just you trying to ignore something that contradicted your point, which is childish.
So you're not a Big XII apologist, you just wanna argue?

No one cares if your conference hires a dozen consultants to study the financials. You just need some good advice on how to remain eligible for the CFP. Or better yet, to just survive...

So you're not a Big XII apologist, you just wanna argue?

No one cares if your conference hires a dozen consultants to study the financials. You just need some good advice on how to remain eligible for the CFP. Or better yet, to just survive...

Quick, name the Big 12 team with the mascot "Tigers." I'll wait.....

The master of irrelevancy.

Quick... Find "Card" in my moniker. I'll wait...

It's not irrelevant. You keep insinuating that I'm somehow aligned with the Big 12 conference. You said:

As everyone including me has opined, your conference is out of step and on wobbly legs.

No one cares if your conference hires a dozen consultants to study the financials.

I'm not a fan of a team in the Big 12. What IS irrelevant is whether or not you are a Louisville fan. I made no mention of your team allegiance. You brought up my allegiance by referring to the Big 12 my conference, clearly indicating you thought (incorrectly) I was a fan of a Big 12 school. Your mistake here is similar to the mistake you've made throughout this entire discussion.

...I'm not a fan of a team in the Big 12. What IS irrelevant is whether or not you are a Louisville fan. I made no mention of your team allegiance. You brought up my allegiance by referring to the Big 12 my conference, clearly indicating you thought (incorrectly) I was a fan of a Big 12 school. Your mistake here is similar to the mistake you've made throughout this entire discussion.
What you're doing--again--is trying to change the narrative. To yet another irrelevant topic. From/by the Master of Irrelevancy.

And if you don't like the way you're being treated, you have plenty of options in this world...

What you're doing--again--is trying to change the narrative. To yet another irrelevant topic. From/by the Master of Irrelevancy.

And if you don't like the way you're being treated, you have plenty of options in this world...

I'm not changing the narrative. You're the one that brought it up, not me.

If you want to get back to the original topic, the Big 12 is not expanding because of what any other conference is telling them to do. The Big 12 will expand for its own interests. The primary interest they have is money. It's not only about the CFP. I have posted quotes from the Big 12 commissioner that prove this. The Big 12 has hired a consultant firm to examine the financial impact of expansion. You just try to dismiss that because you were proven wrong and don't want to admit it.

I said nothing about the way I've been "treated." You were wrong, it's demonstrably provable, and I'm going to keep pointing it out as long as you keep denying it.

A Big XII apologist could never be objective about the circumstances and motivations behind what his conference does. So anything from that source has to be filtered, if not dismissed outright. But thanks for the effort...

A Big XII apologist could never be objective about the circumstances and motivations behind what his conference does. So anything from that source has to be filtered, if not dismissed outright. But thanks for the effort...

You are the one that isn't being objective. You simply believe whatever fits your narrative, and ignore anything that contradicts it. Pot calling the kettle black.

Reactions: SoulSr
You are the one that isn't being objective. You simply believe whatever fits your narrative, and ignore anything that contradicts it. Pot calling the kettle black.
I'm OK with being wrong. If or when that happens on THIS subject, I'll let you know...

I'm OK with being wrong. If or when that happens on THIS subject, I'll let you know...

You already are wrong. The commissioner of the Big 12 has already explained why the Big 12 is considering expanding, and finances were part of the reason. That's backed up by the fact that the Big 12 hired a consultant firm specifically to study the financial impact of expansion. That's simply a fact and there is nothing you can say to argue against it.

I think you are a Memphis Tiger fan defending the Big 12 since Memphis is making a big push for inclusion into the conference. Since we are in the ACC I do not care about the Big 12 or the many problems they have.

I'm a Clemson fan. Your reasoning is flawed, since I've been saying financial considerations will impact Big 12 expansion, and Memphis doesn't add anything financially.

Last edited:
...the main reason the Big 12 is looking to expand is money. They are concerned about the financial gap between them and the SEC/Big Ten...

You already are wrong. The commissioner of the Big 12 has already explained why the Big 12 is considering expanding, and finances were part of the reason...

I'm a Clemson fan. Your reasoning is flawed, since I've been saying financial considerations will impact Big 12 expansion, and Memphis doesn't add anything financially.
It's gone from the "main reason" to "part" of the reason. And of course, it's morphed from external to internal.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm wrong. And you're that one a$$hat Clemson fan. Everything happens once...

Last edited:
Reactions: Charleston Mountie
It's gone from the "main reason" to "part" of the reason. And of course, it's morphed from external to internal.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm wrong. And you're that one a$$hat Clemson fan. Everything happens once...

It is the main reason. If the money isn't there, then they won't expand.

Internal and external was your whole deal, not mine. You were dead wrong, sorry. The commissioner of the Big 12 contradicted you, and the hiring of the financial consultant contradicts you. You just ignore that because you have no answer for it.

Then explain why a thread about Big 12 expansion was started on a Louisville board. I'm not the one who started it.
this is one of those classic tails of...someone starts a topic of general CFB interest, turns into personal predictions, polemics about the forces driving such predictions incur, semantics fuel some contrived debate, judgments are made regarding individual bias/intelligence, then with a complete understanding of its futility there is blame for someone starting it...if it's happened once, it's happened a thousand times.

this is one of those classic tails of...someone starts a topic of general CFB interest, turns into personal predictions, polemics about the forces driving such predictions incur, semantics fuel some contrived debate, judgments are made regarding individual bias/intelligence, then with a complete understanding of its futility there is blame for someone starting it...if it's happened once, it's happened a thousand times.

The other poster said he was surprised anyone outside of the Big 12 would be interested in this topic. Well, if that's the case, his surprise should not be aimed at me, since I'm not the one who started the thread, and several other posters commented on it before I joined in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT