ADVERTISEMENT

IF Louisville leaves ACC

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
I do think Florida State will leave the ACC and when they do, others will as well. If/whenever Louisville does leave the ACC, which conference do you all think they’ll go to? My guess is Big 12, but I wouldn’t complain if it’s Big Ten.

I do think Florida State will leave the ACC and when they do, others will as well. If/whenever Louisville does leave the ACC, which conference do you all think they’ll go to? My guess is Big 12, but I wouldn’t complain if it’s Big Ten.
B12 is only possibility. UK would block UofL to the $EC and UofL doesn’t meet the academic requirements of the B1G. The other possibility is a new conference out of the ruins of the ACC. I think if FSU leaves they will pay big, the rest of the conference stays together after seeing what FSU goes through.

B12 is only possibility. UK would block UofL to the $EC and UofL doesn’t meet the academic requirements of the B1G. The other possibility is a new conference out of the ruins of the ACC. I think if FSU leaves they will pay big, the rest of the conference stays together after seeing what FSU goes through.
Pretty much the way I see it.

If the courts eventually allow FSU to walk away paying little penalty to get out of the ACC, I think there COULD end up being just 3 major conferences. And the Cards would go to the B12.

But the more likely scenario right now is that the ACC and B12 just keep on operating as sort of "lesser" conferences.

It just seems that high level college revenue sports will become professional. FB and MBB.

I don’t get FSU’s thought process if they end up in the SEC they will never have a chance to make the playoffs. With the playoffs expanding they have a good chance of making it by being in the ACC. I think FSU has to high of an opinion of themselves. If Louisville starts winning big in football and they hire a qualified basketball coach and get back to where we once were I think it is possible that we can go anywhere.
Everybody keeps bringing up academics and schools with viewers to expand the TV audiences. It only has to do with money and that’s it. If it had to do with how many viewers you attract Miami would never be in the conversation. This is all being driven by ESPN and they are ruining college sports.

Reactions: Mayoman and 2330859
It is true, FSU is definitely on course to leave the ACC, and I suspect it will be for the BIG10, not the SEC. I doubt their primary expectation has anything to do with winning a NC; rather its about the money!

Once the “dust settles in college football realignment”, I would not be surprised to see the SEC and the BIG10 separate totally from the NCAA. Ultimately, the equal distribution of money within the conference members will be adjusted by a set of metrics determined by contribution.

It is all about money. Just money. Disney/ESPN and Fox .. and the Coaches .. and soon the Players. Money and the University "prestige" and "cachet" that follows along from it.

Reactions: Mayoman and 2330859
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT