ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Solak

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Is it me,or has this team found a different gear since Solak's return.Brimming with determination,he looks to be taking his team captain role and wreaking it on his teammates.There is a goal and he 's getting guys ready.

Good as Corey Ray is and the pitching we have, I do think it is Solak who is the key to how far we can go this year. Why? Because he is a true leader, just has those qualities and although we have had guys like Whiting, Solak is consistent with the bat and finds a way to keep the offense going.

Reactions: earsky
Because he is a true leader
This is it as much as anything.Watching him perform at the intensity level he does,is contagious to his teammates.He sets the bar for focus that maybe wasn't there when he was hurt.

Agree about Solak. And since his return, he's playing the best defense I've seen him play at 2nd base...

Agree on Solak. And just think when he leaves we've got a great replacement in Mann.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Solak made an already hot team 20% better. We were picking up speed even before his return. Funk was getting it together Burdi's new emergence as unhittable began to take place, Tiberi and McKay got on a hitting roll and then in comes Nick, lol. The truth is he gets to balls that Mann will never get to. (Otherwise, Mann is golden, nice on the DP and sure handed.) He is just so athletic and now with the Louisville-sculpted body. The home run he hit the other day was a masterpiece. Not bad timing either, lol.

Solak is an All American. He was universally hailed as the best second baseman in the country by college baseball magazines at the midway point in the season. Needless to say, his status as a captain makes it even sweeter and makes him more meaningful. He can help make hitting contagious, and here is the beauty of Nick - he can do the same for the defense.

Reactions: gocds and zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT