ADVERTISEMENT

New to this board, but longtime fan

Always loved the Basketball played by Kentucky teams. Kentucky, Louisville and Murray State my favorites. Lately I have found myself pulling more for Pitinos Cardinals and less for Cals bunch of lottery picks. Plus there are not now or will there be any Kentucky kids on the cats roster in the forseeable future. I will always remember the way Rick brought us back from the dark days, back to national prominence and what could have been three championships. I like the way he coaches and brings the most talent out of his players. Therefore I would like to put the Cardinals at the forefront and officially become a Louisville fan. GO CARDS!

Incoming freshman PJ Washington was born in Louisville actually.

"He and his wife, Sherry, both played basketball for MTSU, and P.J. was born while the family was in Louisville."

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article88666737.html

Did he play HS. Basketball in Kentucky?
Where one plays HS basketball is irrelevant in today's game. There simply isn't very much elite talent in the state of Kentucky.

Even most of UL's roster is composed of out-of-state guys.

You can hate the way Cal recruits all you want, but he gets results. And he's not going to recruit a player based solely on where he's from - you may not agree with it, but again, the results speak for themselves.

Reactions: kornucopia
Where one plays HS basketball is irrelevant in today's game. There simply isn't very much elite talent in the state of Kentucky.

Even most of UL's roster is composed of out-of-state guys.

You can hate the way Cal recruits all you want, but he gets results. And he's not going to recruit a player based solely on where he's from - you may not agree with it, but again, the results speak for themselves.
Not irrelevant to me. I am from Kentucky and pull harder for Kentucky players. I don't believe there is not elite players in Ky. I do believe that some coaches would rather not have the pressure of a homegrown player on the team because there ARE many people like me. The one and done system is not the only reason I don't care for Cal, the fact is, he is a terrible bench coach. I don't think his results are as spectacular as his talent. Besides Louisville is my team and I am through explaining why I like the home state players, I believe they play harder for the name on the front of the jersey and not so much for the name on the back!

Reactions: SoulSr
well, I noticed you DID rescind that "like" you gave me. Well, since you are such a nice guy, I think I will just block you and avoid more of that nonsense. HAHA

To break the mood.......whatever happened to Graves51? Had some interesting dialogue with him
back then. Are you still out there?

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT