ADVERTISEMENT

New to this board, but longtime fan

Graves51

Getting the Hang of It
Feb 27, 2014
Always loved the Basketball played by Kentucky teams. Kentucky, Louisville and Murray State my favorites. Lately I have found myself pulling more for Pitinos Cardinals and less for Cals bunch of lottery picks. Plus there are not now or will there be any Kentucky kids on the cats roster in the forseeable future. I will always remember the way Rick brought us back from the dark days, back to national prominence and what could have been three championships. I like the way he coaches and brings the most talent out of his players. Therefore I would like to put the Cardinals at the forefront and officially become a Louisville fan. GO CARDS!

Reactions: JohnCard28
Dude you're trying too hard. I've seen you on the uk board I guess before the ban. If you want, you still have time to go back and delete your messages.
why would I delete this message? I am a Louisville fan and a Pitino fan. I am trying hard only to get away from rude anti everything but BBN fans. Go Cards! Not on RR anymore!

I'll welcome any reformed LPT fan, or even one with a brain like John KBA. The rest are just varying degrees of a slapd!ck...

I'll welcome any reformed LPT fan, or even one with a brain like John KBA. The rest are just varying degrees of a slapd!ck...
What is the origin of that nickname? LPT came from a SI article right? What about the other one?

If you're not banned from cat paw, go over and search his posts. He bashes Louisville and your board, since he wasn't accepted he went all Benedict Arnold. It's only a matter of time till you guys try and reverse the trade of Beasley for Danny graves

Reactions: poppycat
What is the origin of that nickname? LPT came from a SI article right? What about the other one?
Blue,I know you've asked or received the answer to this question in the past.Seems to me you're baiting a bit here.I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: zipp
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...-will-you-root-for.162528/page-2#post-3642098

Louisville does not consider themselves part of Kentucky . They make that abundantly clear if you read their boards .

Graves51Freshman

why would I read their board, I worry about the Wildcats so I read ours
The funny part about this is one of my favorite posts he had that I wanted to multi quote here but you can't do it from site to site atleast I haven't figured out how to. Bravo sir, well done. Excellent first post what's your handle on cat paw?

Reactions: Cal4Pres.
Blue,I know you've asked or received the answer to this question in the past.Seems to me you're baiting a bit here.I'll hang up and listen.
I asked about LPT in the past and I can comprehend the sUcKs and yuts but I was only curious about slappies and slapd!cks

Or he just has the brain of the average slapd!ck.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Reactions: earsky
The funny part about this is one of my favorite posts he had that I wanted to multi quote here but you can't do it from site to site atleast I haven't figured out how to. Bravo sir, well done. Excellent first post what's your handle on cat paw?
Go back to Rupp Rafters' you don't know what you are talking about. What is a cat paw? Go Cardinals, beat Cals D league team!

If you're not banned from cat paw, go over and search his posts. He bashes Louisville and your board, since he wasn't accepted he went all Benedict Arnold. It's only a matter of time till you guys try and reverse the trade of Beasley for Danny graves
Never bashed Louisville or this board. Never read it until my allegiance turned to Louisville. Always preferred Pitino over Cal. I have never been on Cat Paw, don't know what it is. Who is Danny graves? I think you are a troublemaker.

o_O
Go back to Rupp Rafters' you don't know what you are talking about. What is a cat paw? Go Cardinals, beat Cals D league team!
Lol
Never bashed Louisville or this board. Never read it until my allegiance turned to Louisville. Always preferred Pitino over Cal. I have never been on Cat Paw, don't know what it is. Who is Danny graves? I think you are a troublemaker.

:mad:

you sound like some of the Rupp Rafters losers that always have to be sarcastic

So sorry sir. Coming out of the closet must make one really feel free. It seems you have taken years and done lots of soul searching to make your choice,
But slow down, you're trying too hard to get accepted.
Just ask all fans to give you a" like "as a welcome gift.
Those who don't see through your con attempt just might show you some love.:rolleyes:
You've posted a day and 1/2 ago and one person says welcome:eek: out of over 800 views.

UNC and Duke fans don't cross over.
UC and X fans don't cross over.
UL and UK fans don't cross over.

...UL and UK fans don't cross over.
I don't need to hear how a slapd!ck defines typical or acceptable U of L fan behavior. Stay in your lane, lightweight.

So sorry sir. Coming out of the closet must make one really feel free. It seems you have taken years and done lots of soul searching to make your choice,
But slow down, you're trying too hard to get accepted.
Just ask all fans to give you a" like "as a welcome gift.
Those who don't see through your con attempt just might show you some love.:rolleyes:
You've posted a day and 1/2 ago and one person says welcome:eek: out of over 800 views.

UNC and Duke fans don't cross over.
UC and X fans don't cross over.
UL and UK fans don't cross over.
you are probably right. I have always favored Kentucky teams over all others, so its not that I wasn't already a Louisville Fan. I always pulled for Louisville in their big games and was a proud Kentuckian when they won the title in 2013 and back when they won during the Darrell Griffith years. I was even a fan during the Wes Unseld years. So its not a big jump. Would you give me a like as a welcome gift?

you are probably right. I have always favored Kentucky teams over all others, so its not that I wasn't already a Louisville Fan. I always pulled for Louisville in their big games and was a proud Kentuckian when they won the title in 2013 and back when they won during the Darrell Griffith years. I was even a fan during the Wes Unseld years. So its not a big jump. Would you give me a like as a welcome gift?

Are you really that old? I was a big fan of Unseld & Beard due to who they were not where they played.
But as a true Kentuckian, in the 50's & 60's I pulled for all Ky teams including WKU close to my home town. Two brothers got degrees from WKU and one worked with Haskins for 4 years at WKU. State basketball pride went away with nation wide recruiting. BTW, you got your like.....But I might rescind it after a good night's sleep.:D

Are you really that old? I was a big fan of Unseld & Beard due to who they were not where they played.
But as a true Kentuckian, in the 50's & 60's I pulled for all Ky teams including WKU close to my home town. Two brothers got degrees from WKU and one worked with Haskins for 4 years at WKU. State basketball pride went away with nation wide recruiting. BTW, you got your like.....But I might rescind it after a good night's sleep.:D
66 years old

You guys wanna go on a retreat somewhere? This is a U of L message board.

And Graves, if you wanna endear yourself to most of the folks here, put your former friends in their place and do it without taking prisoners...

I asked about LPT in the past and I can comprehend the sUcKs and yuts but I was only curious about slappies and slapd!cks
Matt Hayes of The Sporting News laid the term "Louisville's Play Toy" on the Cats FB team during Petrino 1.0 era. Slapd!cks was Petrino 2.0 himself. Going further back, Bluebellies was a term used by JLS B4 he found out he already occupied his place on the food chain.

66 years old
Welcome aboard, youngster! I say that in jest b/c you are only slightly younger than I.

We grew up in an era where there wasn't much to root for in regards to the state of Kentucky except for the HS and college BB teams. We followed the HS stars to college where (aside from the OVC teams) they operated in separate universes. The 1st time I ever rooted against UK in BB was when they faced WKU in 1971 and it was simply b/c Western's starters were all homegrown talent. A different time, a different place.

Reactions: Graves51
Matt Hayes of The Sporting News laid the term "Louisville's Play Toy" on the Cats FB team during Petrino 1.0 era. Slapd!cks was Petrino 2.0 himself. Going further back, Bluebellies was a term used by JLS B4 he found out he already occupied his place on the food chain.
I take supreme enjoyment in the fact that the media and our own coaches coin the nicknames we use for the slappies. We as fans don't have to come with our own which are typically contrived.

Just one more reason why it's great to be a U of L fan.

Reactions: gocds
I take supreme enjoyment in the fact that the media and our own coaches coin the nicknames we use for the slappies. We as fans don't have to come with our own which are typically contrived.

Just one more reason why it's great to be a U of L fan.

Right on brother, right on!!

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

You guys wanna go on a retreat somewhere? This is a U of L message board.

And Graves, if you wanna endear yourself to most of the folks here, put your former friends in their place and do it without taking prisoners...
Seems like most of the people from Rupp Rafters want to use me as a soccer ball. I don't worry about any of them, I am a 66 year old Marine. One of the results of my move, I thought, was getting away from several unlikable posters that tried to run down anyone who they didn't agree with. Wrong! With a name like Wall2Boogie, why would you be posting on a Louisville Cardinal forum? Bizarre

Welcome aboard, youngster! I say that in jest b/c you are only slightly younger than I.

We grew up in an era where there wasn't much to root for in regards to the state of Kentucky except for the HS and college BB teams. We followed the HS stars to college where (aside from the OVC teams) they operated in separate universes. The 1st time I ever rooted against UK in BB was when they faced WKU in 1971 and it was simply b/c Western's starters were all homegrown talent. A different time, a different place.
Thanks BooneCo, I remember that game very well. and yes I remember most of the Western team being Kentucky H.S. stars. The first time I rooted against them was last year when they played Louisville, a team I always liked, plus I prefer Pitino over Cal. Hate the one and done system and the way their fans treated Pitino, after he saved the Kentucky program.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
well, I noticed you DID rescind that "like" you gave me. Well, since you are such a nice guy, I think I will just block you and avoid more of that nonsense. HAHA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT